A King and His Queen (Tifa x...

By Megoz7

It has been years since Y/n had last seen his childhood friends. Now as an adult, he returns to his homeland... More

Ch.1: Reunion
Ch.2: Errand Boys and Girl
Ch.3: The Jessie Job
Ch.4: Tunnels, Tunnels, and More Tunnels
Ch.5: Mako Reactor 5
Ch.6: The Flower Girl
Ch.7: Wall Market Pt.1
Ch.8: Wall Market Pt.2
Ch.9: Spooks and Sewers
Ch.11: Survivors
Ch.12: Before the Rescue
Ch.13: Into the Building
Ch.14: Upper Crust
Ch.15: The Lab
Ch.16: Destiny's Crossroads
Ch.17: New Horizons
Ch.18: The Calm Before...
Ch.19: ...The Storm
Ch.20: Together
Ch.21: Union (Nearly)
Ch.22: Headaches and Heartaches
Ch.22: Trial of Titan
Ch.23: Trial of Ramuh

Ch.10: All Comes Crashing

313 21 2
By Megoz7

"Dropping a whole plate... just like that." Tifa said in disbelief as the arrived at the slums. "No. No way!" Tifa began to charge towards the scene. "Tifa!" Y/n called as they followed behind.

Tifa suddenly stopped and looked around. Y/n and Cloud began to scan their surroundings as well. "Please! Let us through!" Aerith pleaded, causing the cloaked specters to appear. Cloud tried to slash one down, however the blade stopped upon contact and the others began to swarm around them. "Y/n, Cloud, Tifa. We have to get passed, whatever it takes!" "Right!" Tifa nodded as she punched a specter away which Y/n followed with a warp strike. Cloud managed to slash down his first target before cutting down another. Aerith casted fire spells upon two specters which Y/n cut down with his Engine Blade and Tifa beat down with her focused strike. "There's too many!" Tifa exclaimed as she knocked down another.

Suddenly, the specters all turned towards the pillar and fled towards it. Aerith gasped and looked at the pillar with concern. "Aerith?" Cloud called. "Come on!"

The four arrived before the pillar where they saw many residents looking up towards the mayhem. Y/n couldn't help but feel guilty at the sight of what their actions caused. People here are suffering because of the actions caused by others. Just like back home with the war between Lucis and Niflheim. Y/n balled his fists and grew furious. He would fight to see these people safe and sound. "This is terrible." Y/n said. "Yeah." Tifa agreed. "All these people could lose their home." "I can't let this happen." Tifa was taken by surprise at Y/n's words. "I won't."

"What you got!? Come on!" They heard Barret's battle cries from above. Barret was going against a Shinra chopper, but he was outmatched due to its bullet proof armor. "We have to help him!" Y/n exclaimed before an explosion went off at a lower floor. "WAAAAAHHHHH!!!" "Wedge!" The party gasped as the stocky Avalance member fell off the pillar, but he was able to slow his fall thanks to his grappling hook. The party rushed to his side. "You okay!?" Asked Cloud. "Cloud... It's Shinra! They're trying to take out the pillar!" "We know." "I have to go back. Barret and the others are still..." Wedge struggled as he tried to move. "Take a rest, big man." Said Y/n as he turned to the others. "Stay with him. I'm going up." "Sure." Aerith nodded. "Um." Tifa, however, didn't seem convinced. "I'm going with you." Said Cloud. Y/n nodded and the two headed towards the gate. "I'm going too!" Wedge said in between his panting. "I can still fight!" Wedge managed to rest on his knees. "Biggs, he... they were shooting at me and he..." Tifa helped Wedge from falling over.

"Wedge, we'll handle this." Y/n reassured, mostly to Tifa who met his determined eyes. "Be careful." She said, giving him a concerned look. Y/n nodded. "We'll patch him up." Said Aerith as they helped Wedge up. Cloud looked towards the pillar and noticed the specters. "Wedge, listen to me. You stay here with them. Ready Y/n?" "Let's go!"

The two passed the gate and headed towards the pillar where they were met with Shinra soldiers. Y/n shielded them with Ziedrich. Cloud vaulted over Y/n's shoulder as the soldiers ran out of bullets and cut them down. Y/n and Cloud slashed, burned, stabbed, froze, or electrocuted any soldier or machine standing in their way.

Arriving at an upper floor, the two found Biggs sitting against the pillar support beams with two specters surrounding him. The specters noticed the two and quickly flew away. "Biggs!" Y/n called as they took to his side.

The Avalanche soldier chuckled weakly. "You guys made it... though... I might not. Hey, is Wedge..." "He's fine." Y/n reassured. "He's getting patched up." "That's... good to hear. Could've used some extra padding myself." Biggs began to cough. "Don't talk. Save your strength." Cloud advised. "It's... pretty bad up there. Y/n... Cloud. Promise me. Don't let it be for nothing." He lifted his hands which the two quickly took. "We won't." Cloud promised. "We'll make these bastards pay for messing with us." Y/n said, trying to lighten the mood. Biggs chuckled. "You guys are good men. Giving me that... that comfort." Biggs' hands spilled from Y/n's and Cloud's as his breathing became weaker. "Oh, one more thing. The Leaf House. It's an orphanage. In the Sector 5 slums. The kids... they're great. I used to vist-" Biggs groaned and began to cough once again. "That you'll have to do yourself." Said Cloud as he shook his head. "Lemme guess... bit a fan of kids?" "No." "But you have so much... in common." Y/n and Biggs chuckled while Cloud couldn't find the light in the situation. "Good luck... guys. Our future... is in your hands." He slowly lifted his hand and gave them a thumbs up before ultimately succumbing to his wounds. "This isn't over." Cloud said with a shaken voice. "Rest easy Biggs." Y/n said as he patted the man's shoulder.

The two marched forward, they attacks against Shinra becoming more ruthless as they fought their way towards the upper floors where they would be spotted by a chopper. "Testing, testing." They heard Reno's voice from a megaphone. "Attention, Avalanche scum! We know all about your evil plans to destroy the pillar. But the Turks- ahem! But Shinra- that's us- won't let you get away with it! So go crawl back into whatever hole you crawled out of, or something! That oughtta do it, right?" The chopper's gattling gun took aim at the two and began to fire. "You ain't got nowhere to run!" Reno laughed. Y/n quickly conjured Ziedrich and shielded himself and Cloud as they rushed up the stairs. "That's right, forgot he could do that." Y/n and Cloud took cover. "Not good." Cloud said. "Throw down your weapons and surrender." Said Rude. "Shinra does not negotiate with terrorists!"

Back at the pillar gate, Tifa had knocked falling debris away from Aerith and Wedge. "Thank you!" Aerith gasped in amazement. "That was a close one." Said Wedge as he rose to his feet. "How is it?" "Much better, thanks." More explosions erupted from the pillar. Tifa turned to the other two. "I'm sorry. I can't stay here. I have to help them." "Go." Aerith nodded. "Follow your heart." Tifa was about to take off, but stopped. "Aerith, there's a bar in the center of town, Seventh Heaven. I need you to-" "Get Marlene to safety. Right? Its okay. I'll find her." Tifa was shocked at how Aerith know what she was going to say. Nonetheless, Tifa took Aerith's hands into her own. "Thank you." She turned to Wedge. "Can you take her to the bar for me, Wedge?" "Consider it done! Now get up there and kick Shinra's ass!" Tifa nodded and then turned towards the pillar.

"Come on, Seventh Heaven is this way." Wedge began to lead the way, but stopped by the crowd. "You guys can't stay here! Come on, come on!" Wedge rushed towards the Shinra soldiers blocking the gate leading out of Sector 7. "You have to open the gate! If you don't let these people through-" "Back off!" The soldier pushed Wedge off, knocking him to the floor.. "It's not gonna happen!" "Wedge!" Aerith rushed to his side. "I'm no good. Not to anyone up there or down here." "That's not true Wedge. Don't give up hope yet! We could still save a lot of lives!" "You don't think we're gonna stop them from dropping the plate, do you?" Aerith stammered. "I wanna believe that we can still win somehow." "Mhm." "But... something in my gut tells me we're due for a reckoning. Just this... feeling. Know what I mean?" "Yeah. I do. But... that's no excuse to give up. I don't wanna look back one day... and wish I'd done it different. Right here, right now, I need to know I did everything I could." The crowd gaspsed, causing them to turn towards the pillar where a machine came crashing down and exploded. Wedge looked at the people around him before turning to the guards. "I don't know what's gonna happen next. But I am sure I don't wanna regret the choices I make tonight. Our lives are in your hands. If you don't open up, we're all gonna die!" One of the Shinra soldiers pushed open the gate. "Close it!" Commanded the other. "No, sir! I will not obey that order! This way everyone! Quickly! Quickly!" The soldier began to usher the crowd passed the gate, despite the other trying his best to stop them.

"Wedge!" Aerith called. "Seventh Heaven us just down this road, isn't it?" "Head straight and look right. You can't miss it!" "Don't worry about me." "Alright, I'll get these people to safety!"

Aerith rushed towards the bar, warning the many people standing around looking at the battle fought within the pillar. "You all have to get out of Sector 7! Now! Please!" "Slow down!" Exclaimed Marle. "Do you know what's going on? What do they want with the pillar?" "Well, there's still time, but..." "They're going to drop the plate on us?" "Yes." "Those sons of bitches!" Shouted a resident. "What good do they think that'll do?" Asked another. "Feel free to cry about it later!" Began Marle. "Right now, we need to get everyone to safety." "Wait, the watch should clear the roads first." Suggested a resident. "Ah, good thinking. Hop to it!" The crowds began to disperse, calling out to those they could find to evacuate the slums. "Avalanche, I take it?" Marle questioned Aerith who shook her head. "Just a friend wanting to help." "Tell Tifa to lay low. We'll take care of things here." Aerith nodded as she continued towards the bar. "LOOK OUT!" Cried a resident as a Shinra copter crashed into the pillar, losing control and spiral down towards the center of town. The plane crashed before Aerith and exploded, knocking her over. "Ow... Marlene..." Aerith found another way across the rubble and arrived at Seventh Heaven.

Upon entering the building, she heard crying from behind the bar and cautiously made her way towards the sound. "You're Marlene, right?" The small girl looked up with red puffy eyes. "Who... who are you?" "I'm... a friend. Of Tifa's!" "Um... where is she?" "Right now, she's with Y/n and the others." "Daddy too?" "You mean Barret? Yep. He's there too." "Wait... Daddy's not coming home?" "Not yet. That's why I came to find you. Tifa asked me to. She said, take care of Marlene. The thing is, this place isn't safe now. I'm gonna take you somewhere safer, okay?" Aerith extended her hand. Marlene whimpered as her body shook with fear. "Are they gonna destroy the bar? Are they gonna destroy our house?" Aerith opened her arms which Marlene slowly approached her, allowing Aerith to hug her. "I know it's hard. Just remember, you still have your daddy. You can build a new home together. Anywhere. Shall we go?" Marlene began to cry and hugged Aerith as tight as she could. "You smell nice." Marlene said, wiping away her tears. "Oh?" "Like... like our flower." Marlene took her hand and lead her towards a vase with a blue flower.

"A Sylleblossom." Aerith gasped. "It's beautiful." She turned to Marlene. "You wanna take it?" The girl nodded and picked up the small vase and carried it while using her other hand to hold Aerith's.

As they headed towards the door, a beaming light flashed through the windows. The chopper descending caused the building to shake. The door opened, revealing a man with long black hair and a matching suit.

"You let us on a merry chase, Aerith." He said. She gasped. "Tseng." The man approached Aerith, causing her to pull Marlene behind her. Tseng looked down at the small girl and scoffed. "Before you say another word, know that your options are limited. Aerith turned to Marlene and smiled. "There's nothing to be scared of. Okay?" She nodded. "How about... we make a deal?" Tseng chuckled and stepped aside.

"Gotta move!" Cloud exclaimed as he and Y/n were under continuous fire from the chopper. From the stairs, Y/n heard panting that came closer and closer. Reno took notice of the third member and set their sight on her, however Rude shifted the plane's direction, causing the bullet spread to miss. Y/n moved towards the stairs and saw Tifa running towards them. The bullets shot the stairs between them into pieces, causing the floor to collapse. "Y/n!" Tifa called as she reached out her hand.

Y/n was able to grab a hold on her hand and pull her onto the floor. "What the hell!?" Exclaimed Cloud. Y/n embraced Tifa. "What are you doing here?!" He questioned with worry. Tifa returned the hug. "I'm here to help." Y/n panted as he pulled his head back and looked into her eyes. "You're crazy." "Just like you. So suck it up, cause I'm not leaving." "I wouldn't want you to." Y/n took her hand and lead them across the floor. "Come on Cloud!"

"Where's Aerith?" Asked Cloud. "I sent her to Seventh Heaven to get Marlene out." "And Wedge?" "I asked him to show her the way." "Okay." "We can still stop this, right?" "Yeah." Y/n responded. "Then let's keep going!" "Where do you think you're going!?" Reno questioned. "Come out, come out, wherever the hell you are!" He began to shoot once again. The trio climbed up more floors, but came to a stop due to a sudden rumble. "What was that?" Tifa asked as another explosion erupted from the floor above.

As they climbed the stairs, the found Jessie's body underneath rubble. "Jessie!" Tifa gasped as they rushed to her side. Three cloaked specters floated above the girl, but fled once Tifa pushed them away. Cloud and Y/n moved the support beams from her body.

"Oh, jeez..." She spoke weakly. "Tifa... if you could see the look on your face." Cloud helped Jessie up and carried her. "So... you're the guy... who gets to hear my last words... Heh. Lucky me." "Like hell they're your last!" Jessie shook her head. "It's okay, Cloud... it's okay. They were my bombs. They were all... my victims. I had it... coming." Cloud placed her down against a sheet of metal. "My hero. So gentle..." "Just try to hang on!" Jessie weakly giggled. "So dramatic... I... I just wish that... I could've had you over again... everyone... with mom's cooking... I really wanted... to believe... we could..." "Yeah you owe us a pizza." Jessie looked at Cloud then to Y/n. "That's right. I do. But... I don't think..." Tifa couldn't hold back the tears that began to stream down her cheeks and onto the floor. "Oh no... Tifa's crying. Did I say something wrong?" Tifa looked away. "Take care of her, Y/n." The prince smiled. "I promise." Jessie giggled and fist bumped Cloud. "Don't you guys... have somewhere to be? It's not polite... to stare... you know..." With one last breathe, Jessie's hand dropped and her body went limp. "Jessie..." Tifa gasped as she balled her fists. "Tifa." Y/n knelt down to her level and placed a hand on her back. Tifa covered her face as she wept into her hands. Cloud balled his fists and rose to his feet. Y/n helped Tifa stand as well while she wiped her tears.

The trio climbed up the stairs where they heard Barret yell. "I ain't done with you yet! You hear me!?" The saw the man firing up at the choppers. "Think you can come up in here, do what you want and we're gonna take it!?" "Barret!" "Tifa!" Tifa tried to take to his side, but stopped as a chopper shot at her. "Get your ass behind cover! Now!"

Y/n, Cloud, and Tifa took cover with Barret. "Still alive and kicking?" Asked Cloud. "Damn right! Leading man sticks around till the credits roll! Though we gotta keep moving if we wanna make it far. You ready?" The trio nodded.

The door to the chopper slid open and Reno glared down at the party. "Time for a rematch, huh... Rude!" The bald Turk tossed the red head his weapon and began to descend. "Look who it is." Said Y/n. "You." Cloud hissed. "It's nothing personal... bitches!" Reno exclaimed as he jumped down and slammed his baton onto Cloud's sword. Cloud pushed the red head off, but Reno targeted Y/n who phased through his strike before countering with a slash, sending Reno sliding back as he had blocked the attack. Cloud rushed at Reno and slashed, but the red head slid underneath. "Ha! Missed me!" Cloud tried to give chase, but Rude fired the chopper's gattling gun, stopping him from proceeding. Barret fired rounds at the chopper, forcing Rude to move away.

Reno made his way over to the pillar's console and slammed his hand on the computer. "Sorry, losers! Gotta play for keeps today. No time to dick around." Reno began to press away at the keyboard. "Plate separation authorized." Announced the computer. "Awaiting conformation. Plate separation authorized. Awaiting confirmation. "Yeah, yeah. Coming right up." Reno finished typing and a red button was released. Cloud charged behind Y/n who warped over to Reno. "No you don't!" Shouted the red head as he blocked Y/n's strike and sent an electric charge that forced him back and Cloud to stop. "Press it." Cloud challenged. "Now, now. You ain't got shit on us."

Before they could begin their fight, more cloaked specters appeared, circling around Reno who looked at them in confusion. He gritted his teeth and released a shock charge that sent the specters scattering. Some remained and began to fly towards Y/n and Cloud, but Tifa and Barret intervened. "You take care the red head!" Instructed Barret. "We got these things!" Added Tifa.

Y/n and Cloud now stood against Reno who wasted no time charging at the two. Reno slid across the floor, leaving a wave of electricity to scatter. Y/n warped into the air as Cloud lept. Y/n conjured his Drain Lance and dove towards Reno who evaded, however, Cloud brought down his sword, forcing Reno to block. Y/n took the opportunity to thrust his lance forward, only for Reno to jump away. "Gah!" The red head groaned as he felt his chest, pulling his hand away to see his white shirt now soaked in blood. "You actually got me this time! BUT NOT AGAIN!"

Rude came flying in and told Reno to take cover. The red head ran off, forcing the party to turn to the chopper. "Heads up, guys!" Announced Cloud. The chopper flew overhead, dropping a few bombs. Y/n quickly used his Delta Daggers to ward off the explosives before they reached the ground. Reno jumped from behind his cover and slammed his baton against Barret's back, sending him tumbling across the floor. "Barret!" Gasped Tifa. "Check on him, we got this!" Y/n instructed.

Reno began to charge an attack and send out a yellow lightning bolt, Y/n phased through the bolt, but Cloud was struck by it. The bolt consumed Cloud and held him in place within a pyramid surging with electricity. Cloud let out a painful groan as he struggled to move. Y/n conjured Hardedge and moved to destroy the pyramid, but Reno sent a lightning strike, forcing Y/n to block it with Ziedrich. Fortunately for Cloud, Barret had recovered and destroyed the pyramid with a charge.

Rude once again flew overhead, but before he could drop the bombs, the four sent lightning spells towards the copter, exploding it. "Rude!" Reno called as his partner's sunglasses fell beside his feet. He slowly picked them up before feeling a hand on his shoulder. "Clipped your wings, huh?" He asked with a chuckle.

"I was planning to join you anyway." Rude said as he put on a new pair of sunglasses. "Any landing ya can't walk away from? Come on! Let's teach em the Turks two step!" Reno slammed his baton down to the floor while Rude slammed his fists. The impact caused a sonic shock wave to send the four Avalanche members flying back. Cloud was the first to rejoin the fight as he tried to slash and strike the two Turks who easily evaded. Tifa lept into the air and dove kick Rude who managed to block and swing at her, but Tifa countered the punch with a kick, causing the two fighters to draw distance. Barret began to fire at Reno who blocked the bullets with his baton. Y/n jumped in by warp striking the red head, slashing his arm with his Engine Blade. Reno groaned and gritted his teeth before he swung and crashed his weapon onto Y/n's stomach, sending him tumbling back. Cloud tried to slash Rude who rolled underneath the attack, but was met by Tifa who landed two punches to his chest before sending him flying into a pile of rubble with a kick. Barret sent a charge which Reno rolled away from, but the explosion was strong enough to send him flying and land on his stomach.

With the Turks down, Tifa rushed over to the console that awaited confirmation. She looked down at the keyboard, having no idea how what to do. Reno slowly made his way over to his baton, but Y/n stopped by placing his Engine Blade against his chin. "How do we stop it?" Questioned Cloud. "Who knows?" Reno said with smirk before falling unconscious. Rude suddenly rose to his feet and rushed towards the console. "Where do you think you're going?!" Barret exclaimed as he fired at the bald Turk, only for a wall of specters to block the three of interfering. "Move!" Cloud tried slashing. "Getting real tired of your shit!" Barret tried blasting. Tifa let out a yell. "Tifa!" Y/n called.

The specters began to vanish, revealing Tifa's body on the ground and Rude standing beside the console. "Son of a bitch!" Y/n shouted as he warped over to the Turk. Y/n impaled the Turk through the chest, however Rude had his hand down on the red button. "Plate separation initiated." Announced the computer. Y/n pulled out his sword, causing Rude's body to fall over. An alarm began to blare throughout the Sector 7. "Commencing separation sequence. Section 1 separation imminent. Evacuate immediately. "Y/n!" Tifa called as the prince took to her side and lifted her up. Barret roared with rage as he fired hopelessly into the console.

The four huddled around the console. "What do we do!?" Asked Tifa with desperation in her voice. The screen suddenly flicked, displaying Tseng. "Nothing." He began. "There is nothing you can do now." "You can't do this!" "Tifa!" Aerith came into frame. "I found Marlene!" "Marlene? My Marlene?!" Gasped Barret. "What did you do with her!?" Tifa tried to calm him down. "Where are you!?" Asked Cloud. "I'm at the-" Tseng cut her off by having a soldier pull her away. "Your activities, unwillingly brought you into contact with the Ancient, who is now back in our custody where she belongs. For this, you have my sincerest gratitude. Alas, the Sector in which you stand has been condemned. "Ancient?" Y/n repeated to himself. "Run! You have to go now!" Aerith cried from behind the screen. "And where exactly do yo expect them to go?" Tseng ended the transmission.

Rubble began to fall all around them. "Total plate separation imminent." Announced the computer. "Evacuate the area immediately. "No, no, no, no." Tifa murmured as she looked around at the debris falling. Support beams and rallings began to fall, some of which crushed Reno. "If we don't get the hell outta here right now, we're all dead!" Said Barret. "We gotta think of something!" Tifa feel to her knees and looked at the slums below. "What have we done?" She gasped. "Hey! Over here!" Barret called as he pointed at a zip line. "Found us a way out!" "Tifa." Y/n placed a hand on her shoulder pulling her up and leading them towards Barret and Cloud. "Come on! Come on!" Barret held onto a hook and began sliding down. Cloud jumped and hung onto Barret's straps. Y/n pushed Tifa forward before they too lept and held onto Barret as they slid down the line.

The pillar began to explode and collapse upon itself, bring the plate over the slums crashing down onto the slums, killing those who remained behind.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62K 1.5K 20
Love story Cloud hasn't got much over with the fact of Aerith's death. He stays in his own little dark world, not noticing how his loved ones are...
Revive By HoneyB

Fanfiction

11.5K 434 19
Two weeks after the final battle against Sephiroth, Cloud's past has come back. Visions of his parents haunt him in his dreams and since he is severe...
333 7 1
After leaving his family for weeks to die in the gallows of illness, guilt and depression, Cloud has to figure out how he is going to come home and m...
15.9K 798 107
Dr. Jocasta Ernchester and Dr. Lucrecia Crescent had grown up together, studied together, worked for Shinra together. Jocasta has come to loath Shinr...