Paint it Black- ๐•ณ๐–”๐–š๐–˜๐–Š ๐–”...

By _theoneswholive_

"Blood is and shall ever be blood." Before Old Valyria, before Velaryons and Targaryens there were the Morri... More

Cast
VALERE AND HOUSE MORRIGAN
THE DRAGONS IN THE VALEREVERSE
THE DRAGONS PT 2
RAVENNA MORRIGAN
PROLOGUE
1] Visits
2] Cregan Stark
3] Betrothals
4] Friendships
5] The Tourney
7] Heir for a Day
8] Lies and Declerations
9] Altara
10] Black Magic
11] Weddings and Vows
12] Queen in the North
13] New King is Born
14] Funeral For A King

6] The Funeral

432 20 0
By _theoneswholive_

As the winds blew the thrashing ocean of the Narrow Sea against the ridged rocks that settled upon the shore, the Targaryen family stood quiet. Joined by the Morrigans, Velaryons, Starks, Hightowers and every high-ranking member who was in Kings Landing.

Ser Harold Westerling and Ser Robb stood by their respective family. Harold with Rhaenyra, Robb with Alastair and his family.

Aemma Arryn was dead. Along with the babe. Ravenna cared more for Aemma, she wouldn't get to see Rhaenyra grow up. Viserys had stolen Rhaenyra's mother in one decision, all to further his play in the game of thrones.

Raevnna was standing with his father's arm wrapped tightly around her whilst Lysander and Raziel were with Haelys. 

"What happens now?"  Ravenna asked in her ancestral language, "He doesn't have an heir, nor a wife."

Alastair shook his head, "I don't know. I truly don't know."

Raevnna looked at Daemon who was talking to Rhaenyra. With one glance towards her father, looking for reassurance or strength. Viserys however just stared devastated, that seemed to hurt Rhaenyra even more.

That gave her the fuel she needed though, turning towards Syrax, her dragon that was on the top of the hill, "Dracarys!" The roll of her tongue made Ravenna look at the ground.

She looked up when he felt the heat of the dragon. Those who didn't ride the creatures flinched or turned away. But Rhaenys, Ravenna, Raziel, Haelys and Alastair stayed still, looking straight at the fire.

The Princess looked back and saw Cregan behind her, when the people started to move towards the carriages Ravenna moved to the side with Cregan, "Let us escort you back, you could do without the gaze of your family I would wager."

Ravenna nodded. The funeral was over, nothing but fire remained. People started to make their way towards the carriages, Alastair nodded to his daughter when he saw her with Cregan. The betrothed couple walked towards the Stark carriage where Edric was already waiting, "Princess." He greeted as he opened the carriage door allowing her to climb in before he did.

The carriage back was silent, Ravenna appreciated that. She needed time to think, to get rid of the anger towards Viserys. He had wanted a son so bad, even though he had a viable heir, he had Rhaenyra. But he didn't care.

Ravenna also appreciated the comfort the Stark brothers seemed to give her, letting her hand wrap into Cregans, she was exhausted, she was yet to talk to Rhaenyra. She would do that when Rhaenyra had her time to grieve her mother.

Ravenna was lucky she still had both of her parents. The Stark boys lost their mother, as did Alicent and now Rhaenyra.

"Where are we going?" She asked when she looked out of the carriage and saw that they weren't going in the direction of the Red Keep but rather into the depths of Kings Landing itself.

Edric smiled, "You're with Starks, my Lady. You may be one on day. Let us show you how wolves honour their dead."

Ravenna took the hooded cloak that Edric was holding out to her, she trusted the Stark brothers. She knew that sitting in the Red Keep surrounded by mourning people would do no good. So maybe celebrating Aemma's life would be better than grieving it.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Ravenna had never surrounded herself with Northmen before, she didn't realise that so many were in Kingslanding, but they were. Hidden in plain sight to protect their Princes. Just as Robb did for her.

They had inhabited a tavern in the town, no one cared that Ravenna was there. There was a bard and his musicians in the corner playing music. Almost everyone had tankards of ale in their hands.

"To Queen Aemma and Prince Baelon. Taken way before their times!" one of the Northmen toasted

It wasn't malicious in any way. Aemma wasn't their Queen but they still cared. It was a celebration of their lives instead of mourning the people that they had lost. As time went on in the tavern, Ravenna felt less and less like a princess. And she liked it, she felt like she was in Altara. 

Cregan was sitting at a table with his tankard of ale watching as Edric span Ravenna around. She looked carefree and for the first time since meeting her in Kings Landing, she looked happy.

Cregan would not admit it to anyone but Edric but he knew he would love Ravenna the first time that he had met her and even though she denied him he knew that some little part of her had the smallest of feelings for him.

Or he hoped so anyway.

He knew that he would love her when she showed no sign of being afraid, no sign of being lower than him at all. She was his equal in status and she knew that. She knew who she was. 

How right he had it. For during the height of the Dance of the Dragons. Cregan Stark and Ravenna Morrigan were the fiercest couple any team had ever seen.

Cregan sat up when Ravenna joined him at the table, "We celebrate death in a similar way in Altara." she told him 

"I should hope to see it one day. Valere that is...something is holding you back, Ravenna. What is it?" Cregan asked, even though he had his suspicions about the black haired man that could always be seen five steps behind Ravenna, whilst she was in the Red Keep that is. 

"Maybe I just don't want to get married to a complete stranger, Cregan. I don't know this place well. I come here and everything changes. Every time." 

Cregan nodded, he understood. He didn't expect the marriage either, "I understand. But I should hope I'm no stranger to you. Not now." 

Ravenna looked down as she held her tankard in her hands, she didn't know what to think. She had a duty, even though she didn't want it, even though she hated it. It was her duty and hers alone. 

She was the Princess of the Night, but that wouldn't protect her forever. 

That wouldn't protect her from fate. 

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Alastair Morrigan was lucky that he had a family that were so close. He loved his wife, he adored his children. Everyone got along, it was all he wanted. Even if he was to drop his title and live in the country of Valere he would still have everything he needed.

They all stayed together that night, even Robb joined them. Alastair was the brother that Robb didn't have. He was a member of the family, not just someone who worked for them.

"Tell me, when you look at the dragons what do you see?" Alastair asked, directed at his wife who was sitting on a chair near the fire.

Haelys paused, "I see us. People say Targaryen's are closer to gods than to men. I think we're just like everyone else. Just with fire and dragons."

Alastair nodded, "The idea that we control the dragons...is an illusion. They're a power that brought Valyria to its doom. If we don't mind ourselves, the same thing will happen to us."

"Is that a warning?" Raziel asked as he sat on the windowsill looking up the sky.

"It's advice, remember where we came from and who we are. For in the end we are just Ravens and Dragons." 

Thank you for reading 

Comment and Vote :) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.6K 635 50
Lyanna and Aemond's story is far from over. After winning the battle beyond the Wall and escaping the wrath of Rhaenyra, they thought they will now l...
5.2K 377 5
โคท always an angel, never a god, always a woman, never an heir, โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ ๐ˆ๐ which rhaenyra targaryen has an older sister - aelora targ...
57.8K 1.4K 9
Is it a video? Is it a video? . . . โ € โธบ โ €Fire and Blood / House of the Dragon โ € โธบ โ €fem!oc x Cregan Stark โ € โธบ โ €cover by @ewgender
15.2K 734 34
BASED ON HOUSE OF THE DRAGON ON HBO & FIRE AND BLOOD BY GEORGE R.R. MARTIN. " You're like an addiction; all I can ever think about is you. You're o...