Paint it Black- 𝕳𝖔𝖚𝖘𝖊 𝖔...

By _theoneswholive_

"Blood is and shall ever be blood." Before Old Valyria, before Velaryons and Targaryens there were the Morri... More

Cast
VALERE AND HOUSE MORRIGAN
THE DRAGONS IN THE VALEREVERSE
THE DRAGONS PT 2
RAVENNA MORRIGAN
PROLOGUE
1] Visits
2] Cregan Stark
3] Betrothals
4] Friendships
6] The Funeral
7] Heir for a Day
8] Lies and Declerations
9] Altara
10] Black Magic
11] Weddings and Vows
12] Queen in the North
13] New King is Born
14] Funeral For A King

5] The Tourney

511 22 0
By _theoneswholive_

The Tourney for the baby wasn't something that Ravenna was very interested in but she had to go all the same. So with the help of Mat, the white dress with black patterns went on, then off, then back on again. And the pair eventually made it but Rhaenyra was nowhere to be seen. 

Ravenna sat at the very edge of the row with Mat on the lower podium. She was sitting beside the Lady Laena and Lord Laenor Velaryon. Ravenna leaned forwards so she could see Alicent, the pair weren't the best of friends, "Alicent, where's Rhaenyra?"

"I would assume with her mother." Alicent answered and just as she knew people were talking about her, Rhaenyra arrived to the deck before hastily sitting beside Alicent

"Cousin." Rhaenyra greeted

Ravenna smiled, "Nyra, how's Aunt Aemma?" 

"Doing as well as she can." Rhaenyra replied and Ravenna nodded 

Behind them, Viserys, Corlys, his lady-wife, Rhaenys. Haelys, Alastair, Otto and other high ranking members of the Council were sitting waiting for the Tourney to begin.

"Be welcome!" Viserys started his speech, "I know many of you have travelled long leagues to be at these games. But I promise, you will not be disappointed. When I look at the fine knights in these lists, I see a group without equal in our histories. And this great day has been made more auspicious by the news that I am happy to share...Queen Aemma has begun her labours!"

As the crowd around the royal's clapped along. Ravenna clapped with them, even though she had a feeling one that she didn't like. Aemma had already lost more than one baby, something told her this would be the same, "May the luck of the Seven shine upon all combatants!"

Ravenna glanced around the royal box and saw an empty seat next to Prince Edric Stark, "Where's your brother?" Ravenna mouthed to him

Edric noticed her, though he was the younger brother, he seemingly always accompanied Cregan to Kings Landing, Rickard simply nodded down to the ground.

Raevnna nodded as she turned back, she understood what he was trying to tell her "Cregans competing." she didn't know why she didn't like that, but she didn't like it, it made her gut churn.

"Well maybe this marriage could be over before it's begun."  Ravenna heard, but she was the only one who heard it, she just smiled as she looked down at Mat through the barrier, she just shook her head, "What? Lysander's threatened to murder him already." 

"You are horrible." Ravenna thought, Mat was a special kind of Altaran, he didn't have to talk with his mouth, he had other ways of communicating with people, she knew Mat was brutally honest, it truly didn't surprise her anymore

Mat smiled, "One of us has to be."

One of us has to be. Words Ravenna would remember in the years to come. For one of them would have to be tough, one of them would have to be strong. 

The horses of the jousters ran down the shoot, the men's jousting poles clashing against one another's shields. Every hit, a loud boom erupted through the air.

"A mystery knight?" Rhaenyra asked

Alicent shook her head, "No, a Cole, of the Stormlands."

"I've never heard of House Cole." Rhaenyra said, she looked to Ravenna, "You've been places."

Raevnna agreed with her cousin, "Never heard of it."

"Princess Rhaenys Targaryen!" Lord Boremund Baratheon shouted from the ground, "I would humbly ask for the favour of 'The Queen Who Never Was." The Lord held up his pole, awaiting Rhaenys to let her favour tower down .

Ravenna scoffed lightly, "Lord Corlys and my Uncle could have his tongue for that."

"Maybe they should. But tongues won't change the succession, people will always talk." Ravenna nodded and Mat saw. And he was right. No matter how long Viserys had been on the throne there were still people that referred to Princess Rhaenys as the Queen Who Never Was.

And her mother as the Queen who should've been. It was just the way the world worked 

Rhaenys stood up from her chair and walked down to the edge of the seating area, "Good fortune to you, cousin." The Lord let the favour fall down

"I would gladly take it if I thought I needed it." The man proudly spoke, earning a small smile from the Princess

"Lord Stokeworth's daughter is promised to that young Tarly squire." Rhaenyra nodded to somebody in the crowd

"Lord Massey's son?" Ravenna asked

A hum came from Rhaenyra's direction, "They're to be married as soon as he wins his knighthood."

"Best get on with it." Alicent muttered, as the steed of Lord Boremund rose up on it's hind legs, "I heard that Lady Elinor is hiding a swollen belly beneath her dress."

The Lord's on the ground started to gallop. Laughter echoed around the stadium as Lord Boremund fell to the ground in pain.

Ravenna snorted when she saw the fall but quickly covered her mouth, "Ravenna Morrigan!" Haelys scolded from behind her

"Sorry mother." Ravenna said knowing that her father was smiling behind her. Ravenna looked over her shoulder, glancing at Rhaenys who sent her a small smile.

Very quickly Robb walked over to Ravenna and crouched down beside her, "What do you know of this Ser Criston Cole?"

"I'm told that Ser Criston is common-born, son of Lord Dondarrion's steward. But other than that, and the fact he's just unhorsed both of the Baratheon lads, I really couldn't say." Robb explained

Ravenna nodded, "What about Lysander and Raziel? Are they down there?"  

"They are indeed, Raz changed his mind last minute." Robb said as he stood up and departed from Ravenna's side

The banners around changed from the Baratheon Sigil to the Stark, "Five Dragons on Ser Criston." Laenor muttered 

The Princess shook her head, she wasn't about to bet against Cregan, "Talk to me when a Hightower's jousting, then we'll wager."

Prince Edric stood up from his chair, walked over to Raevnna and crouched down behind her chair just enough that she could see him, "At least tell me he's good."

She didn't want him dead, just yet. 

Edric nodded, "I wouldn't be watching if he wasn't." 

Cregan rode down the track on his white steed, stopping in front of the Royal box, "I would request the favour of Princess Ravenna Morrigan of Valere." 

Raevnna looked at Mat before standing up and walking to the edge, "I'm told you won't need luck."

"From you? I think I'll always need it." Cregan replied

Ravenna smiled slightly as she let her favour fall down towards the Prince of the North. When she sat back down she felt Laenor take her hand as Cregan and Criston started to ride towards each other.

Raevnna didn't love the Prince, but she liked him, part of her considered him a friend so something jumped in her when Criston almost knocked him off, shattering his lance, Cregan stayed on his horse though causing the crowd to cheer.

The second time around, Cregan had the upper hand, striking Ser Criston from his horse, leaving him tumbling to the ground. Ravanna looked back and saw Edric still crouching beside her, he had the same relieved look on his face that she assumed that she did.

Which Mat took notice of.

The crowd erupted in cheers. A teenage boy had just unhorsed a man who had beaten two Baratheons. No one expected it.

Maybe the Ravens luck was all Cregan Stark needed.

The rest of the challengers rode out into the middle of the track, awaiting the Master of Revels to announce the next challenge.

"Prince Daemon of House Targaryen, Prince of the City, will now choose his first opponent!" The Master of Revels announced throughout the crowd, as Daemon rode his black steed to choose his opponent.

Daemon was blinded by his amusement at his choice, Ravenna knew exactly who he was going to choose, "We can rule out Stark, Lannister and Baratheon, maybe even Frey...Hightower?" Edric guessed

The Princess nodded, "Hightower. No doubt."

Daemon rode down the line until he stopped at one challenger, the son of the Hand. Alicent's eldest brother. Gwayne Hightower.

Ravenna leaned over to Laenor, "Five on Daemon." Laenor held out his hand, "You're on, cousin." Ravenna smiled as she shook his hand.

"For his first challenge, Prince Daemon Targaryen chooses Ser Gwayne Hightower of Oldtown, eldest son of the Hand of the King!" Master of Revels shouted, pointing towards the Hightower.

Ravenna saw the nerves radiating from Alicent, Ravenna knew that Daemon chose Gwayne out of pure spite against Otto, the pair had never gotten along. Daemon missed his first strike. The pair were quick to ride again, Daemon achieved his second strike simply by playing dirty, striking the legs of the horse, causing Gwayne to fly off of his horse to the ground.

Daemon grinned in success, his horse trotting over to where the royals were sat. Swiftly, Rhaenyra and Alicent rushed towards the fence, "Nicely done, Uncle." Rhaenyra greeted

Daemon nodded, keeping his eyes strictly on his niece, "Thank you, Princess....Now, I'm fairly certain I can win these games, Lady Alicent. Having your favour would all but assure it."

Ravenna glanced at Otto who did not look happy. His face faltered even more when a Maester walked over to him and whispered in his ear. Ravenna could tell something was off when Viserys got up and quickly walked away.

Ravenna glanced down at Mat and moved her head, he knew what she meant as he nodded and stood up. Skulking away from his seat and back into the palace. 

The street rat was going to do what he did best, find out information 

Thank you for reading 

Comment and Vote 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

172K 6.7K 52
❝ There was a feeling of inevitability when I met you. And our lives were fated to converge like some cosmic dance. And I think I had to break your h...
275K 8.7K 59
"Why you must make me bleed my love" said Daemon "For it bring me nothing but joy" Replied Aelana * * * * When Aegon I conquered the Westeros with hi...
11.6K 635 50
Lyanna and Aemond's story is far from over. After winning the battle beyond the Wall and escaping the wrath of Rhaenyra, they thought they will now l...
4K 207 4
Rights: All rights for the fire and blood/house of the dragon plot goes to George R.R. Martin and HBO the only things I own are my ocs and their plot...