Elegant (Wolffe)

By Ahsoka-Ashla-Tano

Negotiations are underway. A new planet may join the Republic. War is rampant. And a woman entangled in a lif... More

Teaser
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30

17

69 7 33
By Ahsoka-Ashla-Tano

Tw: Illness, drugging? Language.

A KISS HAPPENS THIS CHAPTER.

"Wolffe?" Karina softly said as she knocked on the doorframe.

"Come in," Wolffe responded without looking up.

Karina walked inside his office, patiently waiting for him to finish with whatever it was he was doing. He eventually just sighed.

"Can I help you? I'm a bit busy." Wolffe's brow furrowed as he tapped away on the datapad.

"Um, I can come back later if it's not a good time." Karina already started walking to the door, but Wolffe held up a hand.

"Give me a minute," Wolffe requested. He swiped on the screen before placing the datapad on his desk. "Okay, what-" He shot up, his expression falling carefully blank. "What happened to your face?"

"Deto hit me," Karina told him. She recoiled when he tried to touch her red and bruised cheek, and his expression settled into one of fury, directed at Deto.

"What happened?" Wolffe asked, taking Karina's hand in his and moving his thumb in circles on the top of her hand.

"He threatened to bring me to my parents. And he hit me." Karina pressed her face against his chest as she shuddered in fear. "What do I do about this?"

"Report it to your commanding officer so he can take care of it." Wolffe pressed his forehead to hers. "Is that want you want to do? Because I can get him fired before he even knows what happened."

Karina hesitated. "Would that be too much?"

"He threatened your life and attacked you," Wolffe dryly said. "If that's not a reason to fire him, I don't know what is."

"Is it time for a lunch break yet?" Karina mumbled against Wolffe.

Wolffe chuckled. "How about I take the rest of the day off? I'll do the files another time."

"What should we do then? Just lunch is boring, and I'm going to Stunner right before dinner."
"Survival training room?" Wolffe suggested.

Karina nodded and pulled him out of the room, their hands still entwined. She started hurrying down the hallways, glancing back to smile at him.

And his stomach flipped and got all fluttery.

He should really see Stunner soon.

When they got there, Karina pointed at the control panel. "Can you make it cold again, please?"
Wolffe held on his chin contemplattedly. "Just please?"

Karina groaned. "Pretty please?"

Wolffe lifted her chin with two fingers. "I do like pretty things."

Like you.

Karina rolled her eyes. "Just do it."

Wolffe changed the settings, definitely not thinning about how gorgeous her lips looked.
Karina cheered as the artificial snow began falling, holding out hands to catch it.

"We should really get you a warm jacket," Wolffe remarked. "You're going to get sick eventually."

"I don't get sick," Karina stubbornly said.

Wolffe crossed his arms over his chest. "We'll see about that."

"Do they have hot chocolate here?" Karina asked, falling backwards into the dirt.

Wolffe settled next to her, stretching out his legs. "No."

"Why not?" Karina asked in disappointment.

Wolffe shrugged, too distracted by the mark on her cheek to focus on her words.

"You're doing it again." Karina stared up at him. "That thing."

"What thing?" Wolffe let her put her head in his lap, gently stroking her hair.

"Where you stop engaging in conversation. Are you okay?" Karina poked his nose.

Wolffe wrinkled his nose at her. "I'm fine."

Suddenly, his comm beeped. He sighed and pulled it out.

"What is it?" Karina asked, siting up.

"I have to go deal with something. A fight broke out in the hanger between my troopers and a nat-born." Wolffe frowned.

"Oh, I'll stay here until my exam with Stunner. I like it here." Karina threw a chunk of snow at him.

Wolffe kicked a pile of snow into her before leaving, stroking down the hallways. His idiot brothers better have a kriffing good reason why they got into a fight with someone.

"Wolffe!" Boost greeted once he entered the hanger. "Fancy running into you here!"

"Don't even bother!" Wolffe furiously said. "I want all of you in my office immediately!"

Sinker, Boost, Scruffs, and Warthog all hung their heads before being marched to his office. He sat himself at his desk and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Explanation," Wolffe demanded simply.

"We heard about how Deto slapped Karina," Boost began. "Then when we saw him in the hanger..."

"You attacked him?" Wolffe guessed.

"No." Scruffs shook his head. "We just wanted to kinda yell at him."

"So we went over to him to scold him," Warthog said. "And to our surprise, he was using his datapad, looking at Karina's bounty."

Wolffe sighed. "I really have to fire him."

Sinker perked up. "He's getting fired?"

"Just get out of here," Wolffe ordered, rubbing at his forehead.

"Yes, sir!" Sinker saluted, grinning as Wolffe glared at him.

"I'm clear to return to work!" Karina announced as she ran into Wolffe's office.

Wolffe smiled softly. "Good for you."

Karina sniffled, sinking into the chair across from him.

"What's wrong?" Wolffe instantly asked.

Karina's brow pinched. "What?"

"You sniffled."

"Did I?" Karina's lips tipped down in confusion. "I'm not crying."

Wolffe eyed her suspiciously as she enthusiastically told him about how ready she was for work. She rambled on whilst he watched her shoulders slowly slump and her eyes droop.

"Are you feeling okay?" Wolffe eventually asked.

"Of course! I don't get sick!" Karina bragged.

Wolffe picked up his datapad. "If you say so."

Karina turned away, coughing into her elbow. He raised his eyebrows, opening his mouth to question her.

"I'm not sick!" Karina insisted, shifting in the chair.

Wolffe curled a finger and beckoned her closer. "I'll be the judge of that."

"I'm not sick," Karina stubbornly said, letting out a huff.

Wolffe didn't relent, narrowing his eyes. "Karina."

Karina groaned, throwing her head back in defeat. She shuffled forwards, dragging her feet.
Wolffe placed the back of his hand on her forehead, clicking his tongue disapprovingly. "A fever."

"I just have a high temperature all the time," Karina breezily said. "And how can you really tell with your hand?"

"Let's go to Stunner." Wolffe stood, gently steering her to the door.

Karina danced away from him. "But I'm not sick! And even if I was, why bother Stunner?"

"We're going to Stunner, and that's final," Wolffe firmly said. "This isn't up for negotiation."

"Neither's your face," Karina muttered before giggling, clearing delirious.

Wolffe sighed heavily. "Don't make me do this."

"I'm not sick!" Karina exclaimed. "You don't have to do anything!"

"I'll give you one last chance," Wolffe warned. "Either go to Stunner yourself, or I'll make you."
Karina reached a hand out to the door before the air was knocked from her lungs. She was thrown over Wolffe's shoulder and hit his back with her fists.

"Put me down!" Karina demanded. "Right now!"

"Go to Stunner," Wolffe countered.

"No."

"Then no."

Karina grabbed Wolffe's hair and yanked. "Let me go!"

Wolffe smacked her hand away from his hair. "Let go of my hair!"

"I will gouge out your eyeballs," Karina threatened with a scowl.

"Good thing we'll be at the medical room already," Wolffe snarkily responded.

Karina went limp, giving up hope on escape. "I don't want to bother him."

Wolffe adjusted his grip on her. "We're on Kamino. There's plenty of medical professionals around, including Kaminoans. They can deal with the other injuries or illnesses."

"What the kark is it this time?" Stunner pinched the bridge of his nose as Wolffe threw Karina onto a bed.

Karina shrieked as she bounced off the bed, and Wolffe held out an arm as of to catch her. "I'm fine!"

Stunner looked to Wolffe. "Why's she here this time?"

"She has a fever," Wolffe answered, putting a hand on Karina's head.

Karina leaned into his touch. "I don't get sick."

"Really?" Stunner asked in amusement after scanning her. "Never?"

"Never." Karina's eyes had fallen shut, and she didn't remember when.

"The raging fever says otherwise." Stunner tucked the scanner away in a drawer. "You're not going to work."

"But I was just cleared! I've been so bored!" Karina complained.

"Good thing you have something to read while you're resting," Wolffe muttered, giving Karina a sly look. He moved a thumb along her cheek, soothing her.

"I don't want to be sick," Karina whined to Wolffe.

"I know," Wolffe softly said, brushing his thumb along her face again.

Stunner cleared his throat, arching a brow. "Hi."

"Am I dying?" Karina dramatically put a hand on her forehead.

"It's probably just a cold." Stunner shot Wolffe a look that clearly meant they needed to talk. "Have you been exposed to anything lately?"

"I may have fallen asleep in the snow," Karina confessed guiltily.

"Why don't you go to your room and I'll be there in a minute," Wolffe suggested lightly. "I'll get some medicine for you too."

Karina nodded and yawned. "Alright. I'll see you there."

Wolffe waited until she was gone to face Stunner. "What?"

"What was with you two?" Stunner inquired. "I know you're best friends or whatever, but... that seemed oddly close."

Wolffe blinked at him. "We're friends."

"Okay, and why are you going to her room after this?" Stunner pressed, hoping Wolffe would finally realize-

"What? You want to know that I have a best friend?" Wolffe scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Or that..."

I like Karina.

Wolffe's eyes widened.

Where did that come from?

Stunner didn't seem to notice Wolffe's inner conflict, cocking a hip out. "Or what?"

"You need to get a life. There's nothing going on," Wolffe harshly snapped, refusing to make eye contact.

Stunner stayed quiet for a minute before:

"You like her, don't you?"

Wolffe pinched the bridge of his nose. "We're not talking about this."

"You didn't deny it," Stunner said, smirking smugly. He flicked Wolffe's forehead, which the commander wouldn't let anyone else do, but it was an unspoken rule that you didn't attack the medic.

"Why waste time denying something that isn't there?" Wolffe argued, rubbing his forehead. "And if you do that again I will make you retake your fitness training."

Stunner shrugged the threat away. "So you don't like her?"

Wolffe adjusted his belt. "No. I don't."

"You hesitated." Stunner raised an accusatory finger. "You hesitated!"

Wolffe sunk onto a bed. "Fine. Maybe I like her a little bit."

"What're you going to do about it?" Stunner asked, sitting next to him.

"Nothing. It'll pass," Wolffe determinedly answered, setting his jaw.

Stunner squinted. "Are you insane? Ignoring it will just make your feelings worse."Did I ask you?" Wolffe bit out before sighing. "Sorry."

"Sorry?" Stunner echoed, raising both of his eyebrows. "You've got it bad."

"I have to go fire Deto, but then I'm going straight to Karina. Don't tell anyone about this." Wolffe glowered at Stunner, but his voice had a pleading note to it, taking away from how scary he seemed.

"I won't tell anyone," Stunner promised. "Medic's honour."

"I just had Deto fired," Wolffe declared as he entered Karina's room.

Karina drowsily opened her eyes, lifting her head to look at him. "Huh?"

Wolffe crouched next to her. "Feeling better?"

"Why would I? I haven't taken any medicine," Karina pointed out, throwing an arm over her face. "You were supposed to get it."

Wolffe blanched. "Right."

Karina stared at him with glossy eyes that began to water. "Did you forget it?"

"No," Wolffe lied, inwardly cursing. "Just give me a minute to get you some juice."

So he sprinted back to the medical bay, got the juice and the medicine and hurried back. He handed both to her and slumped against the wall, letting his head thunk.

He really did have it bad.

"Wolffe," Karina croaked, holding out a hand. "There's something I need to tell you."

"Yeah?" Wolffe's heart hammered in his chest.

"I don't like juice," Karina declared, curling her lip in disgust. "Why did it make my mouth fuzzy?"

"You've never had juice before?" Wolffe asked in surprise.

"Nuh." Karina's eyes widened. "Heeel."

Wolffe scowled. "What the kriff are you doing?"

Karina motioned to her mouth, letting her jaw hang open. "Huhlph."

"Are you having a stroke?" Wolffe grabbed her arms and lifted them, seeing if they dropped.
Stunner burst into the room screaming, "Don't drink the juice!"

"What?" Wolffe stepped back from Karina, looking at Stunner in alarm.

Stunner gasped, wheezing as he collected his breath. "It's- It's not juice!"

"Then what is it?" Wolffe demanded.

"It's a numbing liquid! It- Oh." Stunner noticed Karina's frantic pointing at her mouth. "Shit."

"Fix this!" Wolffe slapped the back of Stunner's head.

"I wouldn't recommend kissing her," Stunner absentmindedly said as he examined how much had been drank. "It'd numb your mouth too."

Wolffe froze. Karina tilted her head at Stunner, narrowing her eyes. Stunner slowly put the bottle down.

"Woot?" Karina questioned, poking Wolffe's side.

"I- I meant that I wouldn't recommend anyone kissing you!" Stunner scrambled to find a cover whilst ignoring Wolffe's glare. "I- I could demonstrate?"

Wolffe nearly had a heart attack. "What?"

Stunner frowned. "Right. Bad idea."

Then an idea struck him.

"We need to get it out of her mouth or she'll die," Stunner said, struggling to keep a straight face. "There's only one way to do this."

"What do we do?" Wolffe cried out in a panic.

"How do you think we get it out?" Stunner snapped, barely avoiding bursting out into a fit of giggles. "Someone needs to kiss her!"

"You've got to be fucking with me." Wolffe crossed his arms.

"There's too much in her for one person to handle. But if two people share the numbing liquid, they should be fine," Stunner lied.

Wolffe whipped around to stare at Karina, hiding fear. "She's going to die."

"Not if we save her!" Stunner determinedly said. "Commander, her life is on the line!"

Wolffe desperately tried to make his decision. Was he going to kiss Karina? Or was he going to leave her to die?"

Karina launched herself at him, placing her hands on his cheeks. She pulled him close, kissing him with everything she had.

Stunner, that was, seeing as he was the closer one.

Stunner pulled away, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand and gagging. "I was bluffing! I- You'll be fine! Your mouth will just take some time to wake up!"

Karina collapsed back into bed, holding a hand to her chest.

"I think my mouth's going numb. I can't feel eet." Stunner threw his head back and groaned. "No, eeets appeen!"

"That's what you get," Wolffe angrily muttered, shoving Stunner out of Karina's room. "Don't trick me again."

Karina was asleep, snoring softly in her bed

Wolffe pulled the blanket over her and exited her room. He narrowed his eyes at Stunner, who was standing there sheepishly.

"Thorry?" Stunner attempted, holding out a hand as an offer of peace.

Wolffe let out a heavy sigh, digging his nails into the palms of his hands. "Don't tell anyone about the feelings thing, got it?"

Stunner nodded, regaining his composure. "Ba-Ba- Backmill."

"Blackmail?" Wolffe translated, letting out a disgruntled huff. "Fine. But don't you forget that I can make you sleep on the ground the next time there's a bunk shortage on a swamp planet."
Stunner made finger guns before jogging away.

Wolffe decided to call a brother who might have some advice.

Lol.

The kiss.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 5.4K 78
Kriari Foreas was given to the Sand People as an infant. What will happen when a force sensitive child becomes the padawan to one of the greatest Jed...
57.7K 1.2K 20
𝐂𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐑 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐅𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐒. in which y/n is the significant other of a clone trooper. star wars. gender neutral. ranovlas © 2023
141 2 29
Planet in turmoil Five years since the end of the Clone War, the wild space planet of Teth is again embroiled in a violent conflict. Separatist holdo...
1.3K 54 10
A small story in the Wolves of the Force timeline. First Commander Axle Tinguard leads his men through one of the toughest battles in the Clone Wars...