Tw: Violence, blood, language.

Wolffe hated teaching the cadets, but sometimes it worked out well.

Times like this, for example.

Wolffe woke all the cadets up in the middle of the night and told them about how there was an intruder on Kamino. They were barely awake, but as soon as he mentioned that he would give them three rotations off from training, they were getting their gear.

So that's how Wolffe ended up stalking down the hallways, a bunch of shinies trailing behind him.

"Be careful," Wolffe whispered. "They should be considered dangerous."

"We know." Sparks rolled his eyes. "We're not idiots."

"Hey, remember when we dislocated Karina's arm?" Fizzle quietly reminded him.

"And broke her leg," Bones added.

"Shut up!" Wolffe took out his pistols. "Don't give away our position!"

"Says the man talking," Mistake sassily remarked.

Wolffe pointed with one of his weapons. "Hear that?"

The all strained their ears to hear what he was referring to, finally noticing a shuffling noise ahead. They all exchanged glances from under their helmets before slipping into the hanger.

Karina's body was being dragged onto a ship, her head lolling to the side.

"What's the plan?" Sparks asked in a hushed tone. He switched his blaster's safety off. "Just start shooting?"

"What if we hit Karina?" Fizzle argued, shaking his head.

"That's why we shoot on stun," Scruffs told him.

"No one's shooting anyone," Wolffe ordered. "Wait for my signal."

"And what's the signal?" Mistake gripped his blaster tight.

"I'll tell you to shoot," Wolffe said with a roll of his eyes. "Just pay attention and stay out of sight."

They all nodded and ducked behind the wall again. Wolffe walked out to where the Twi'lek could clearly see him, holding his blaster up with his fingers spread out; a sign of surrender.

"Step away from her!" Wolffe shouted, grabbing their attention.

They whipped around, holding a knife to Karina's throat. "Ah, Commander Wolffe."

"You know who I am. Repay the favour and give me your name." Wolffe slowly lowered his blasters, kicking them away.

"Vornia." Their eyes flicked over him and they pursed their lips. "I'm surprised you found out about me. I covered my tracks well."

Wolffe didn't care. "Get away from her."

"What are you going to do about it?" They sneered, pressing the knife further against Karina.

"If you hurt her, I will hunt you down, rip your intestines out, and use them to hang your body from the ceiling," Wolffe threatened.

Vornia traced the knife along Karina's neck. "But her parents want her back. What about them?"

"What about them?" Wolffe could see the cadets sneaking around a stack of crates from the corner of his eyes.

"They want their daughter back," Vornia crooned. "Are you going to keep loving parents away from their daughter?"

"Sure." Wolffe stepped back, and Vornia followed his lead, moving away from Karina.

"Wow, I never thought you'd be so cruel," Vornia teased.