Attack On Titan: Season 1 (X...

By Freedom_Fighter24

Elias Heinrich is a childhood friend of Eren, Mikasa, and Armin, located in the Shinganshina District in Wall... More

Bio
To You In 2000 Years - The Fall of Shinganshina: Part 1
That Day - The Fall of Shinganshina: Part 2
A Dim Light Amid Deapair - Humanity's Comeback: Part 1
Night of The Detachment Ceremony - Humanity's Comeback: Part 2
The First Battle - The Struggle For Trost: Part 1
The World The Girl Saw - The Struggle For Trost: Part 2
Small Blade - The Struggle For Trost: Part 3
I Hear His Heartbeat - The Struggle For Trost: Part 4
2 Episodes In 1
The Response - The Struggle For Trost: Part 4
Flaw - The Struggle For Trost: Part 5
Primal Desire - The Struggle For Trost: Part 6
Glory Of Love (Side Story)
Eve Of The Counteroffensive: Part 2
Eve Of The Counteroffensive: Part 3
Shoot Interview 1
Female Titan - The 57th Expedition: Part 1

Eve Of The Counteroffensive: Part 1

170 4 26
By Freedom_Fighter24

~Elias POV~

Soon after hanging with Mikasa, my new girlfriend, we had to get back to Sina for Eren's trial, and we were.

Having her with me is the best thing that's ever happened to me and I can't imagine what it'll be like to be without her.

When we finally arrived, Levi stood in our way with his smug look and stoic expression.

We got off the horse and I had to let her know that she can wait for me.

Elias: Mikasa, you go on ahead, I'll see you in a bit.

Mikasa: Okay. I love you.

Elias: Love you too.

We kissed as she walked away so it was just me and Levi.

I gave him a cocky smirk and decided to break his balls a little bit since my dad worked alongside him.

Elias: How you doin', Little Man?

"Little Man", one of my dad's nicknames for Levi while he was alive. It drove him crazy to where he would regularly beat the crap out of him, getting my dad to laugh in secret.

You see, Levi was someone who's not to be messed with, especially with his short stature. Everyone had mistaken him for a teenager throughout his life and he would beat them until they apologized.

My advice is that if you get along with him, he'll get along with you, and I wish I was kidding, if you mess with him, he will kill you. He will not really kill you, but he will fuck you up because that's how intimidating this guy is.

Levi: You mean "Captain", Cadet Heinrich.

Elias: Come on, Levi. You know me. My dad worked with you.

Levi: That's true, but there's a problem.

Elias: What's that?

He pulled me that close to his face and I knew I screwed up!

Levi: He left his cockiness with his son, but since he and I were best friends before he died, I don't feel like beating you down like a dog. Even if I did, you probably would've like it.

He then let go of me and pushed me away.

Elias: That's true, considering how much of a pain in the ass he was.

Levi: And now you're carrying on his legacy. Let's see how long that lasts, but for now, there are some people who wanna see you.

Elias: Hange, isn't it?

Levi: Lucky guess.

We walked over to where Hange and the others were, but when she saw me, she was so ecstatic!

Hange: Oh my God! Elias!

She came running up and she hugged me as I hugged her back. It felt great to see her again as it felt like she wanted to cry because of how long it's been, which is nine years, almost a decade if you will.

I don't blame her because I want to as well, but now's not the time. Well spend more time together in the future as we go.

Hange: I haven't seen you in so long. You're getting tall!

Elias: Hey, well, you can blame puberty for that.

She laughed as I did too, but Levi never laughed, which I'll laugh about in a bit.

Hange: Your dad definitely left his sense of humor with you. Come on, let's talk.

Elias: Yeah. See you later, Little Man.

Levi: Shut up.

We both walked away as it was great to be around Hange again. I said before she's like the cool fun aunt I never had and whenever she's not talking about Titans and the research, she's that eccentric of a person to be around.

She always saw me as a her pupil and always saw the best in me if I was ever going to be a scout. I'm serious, she was an advocate for me to become a scout like my dad was, and now that I'm looking to become one, it's coming full circle and I'm okay with that.

Also, ever since my dad died, she wanted to adopt me and take me under her care, but because of no relation to her, I was forced to live with the Jaegers. I didn't forget her because she always played with me no matter what.

Hange: So, what's been going on with you?

Elias: Let's just say that I've killed some titans and helped a city be taken back. Also, I'm looking to carry on my dad's memory and also, I'm hoping to get Eren away from those MPs.

Hange: Same here. I really don't want those guys to take him away. This could be the start of a new era once we get Eren in our hands.

Elias: True, but I don't wanna see my brother be dissected by those guys. Never liked them in the first place since they just sit around all day and play cards and drink alcohol.

Hange: Good point.

I realized that were almost at the cell where Eren was being held in as Hange made sure that he was going to be treated with respect.

I've no doubt that he would be useful after he plugged up the hole in Trost, especially since he's like a brother to me, but I bet the Church of The Walls would try to take full custody and torture him, which is what the Scouts don't want, and me personally, I don't want him in the hands of the MPs, knowing how much of a joke they really are, more so of a joke than whatever I come up with.

When we went in, Hange lunged at the bars and held onto them with such interest that I thought it was adorable!

I saw in his eyes that he wanted to fight, but he wasn't in on hurting people. He just wanted to kill every Titan he comes across, even in his Titan form, and I want to as well.

I just know that this is just what the MPs want, they want to go after anyone that seemed dangerous and kill anyone that would be a threat to humanity. I know that Eren is not a threat, and him plugging up the hole in Trost is proof of that.

Hange: So then you're Eren, are you well? How are things? I'm really sorry you have been waiting so long, but here is your chance to finally get out, but one thing, you're going to need to put these on for me, okay?

As Hange said that, she showed some shackles that Eren had to put on and he did. As we walked down the hallway to the courtroom, Hange kept talking.

Hange: My name is Hange Zöe and I'm a Section Commander for the Scouts.

As she talked, Miche started sniffing Eren and looking to get to know him. I was never around the guy that much, mostly because his quirk as a sniffer is really annoying.

Hange: And this is Commander of The Scouts, Miche Zacharius. Ohh and don't mind him he makes it a habit to give new people a thorough sniff. Tends to laugh through his nose a bit but I don't think he intends it to be derisive. Quirks aside, he is a skilled Section Commander.

Miche was done sniffing Eren as we were near the double doors. I hated the fact that we were leaving him, but we're looking to see if we win and I hope we do.

Hange: Ohh poo, sorry I've just been paddling on with the small talk and now we're here. Well I'm sure it's fine, it's probably better if I don't explain anything. It may seem callous, but we've all put our faith in you Eren. Best of luck, you're gonna need it.

Hange said open the doors and I pushed Eren in as I had to say this.

Elias: I'm with you, Eren. Stay strong.

We closed the doors as we walked towards somewhere we can see what goes down.

Elias: I don't like this.

Hange: What do you mean?

Elias: The church and the MPs. They want Eren dead and they have so much evidence that they could win.

Hange: I wouldn't be too sure. Erwin has a plan, you need to focus on that.

Elias: I know that, Hange, but if they win, what do we get? A huge sack of sh-

Hange: Don't even say that. You may think we've lost already, but don't doubt the mindset of Erwin.

Elias: I agree, but we have to make sure if we lose, we need to retaliate.

Hange: We can't do that, Elias. If we do, we'll risk everything.

Elias: Fine. I'll try to stay silent, but I can't guarantee I'm gonna sit still with what those MPs and that cult are gonna say.

Hange: I'll take your word for it.

We managed to get near Erwin and while we waited for the trial to start, I saw Mikasa and she looked concerned about me, but she knew it's not the right time.

I saw Eren leaning down with his hands behind his back and behind a pole as Premier Zachary was about to start the trial.

I saw that Levi was at the railing, but I think there's something planned out here.

However, I think Erwin and Levi came up with something to get Eren's custody. And the MPs and that cult? Watch out.

I even saw the two MPs I roasted when I was kid were here as the one I talked down on recognized me.

MP 1: Hey! Remember me, you little shit!

Elias: Hey, I'm surprised you remember me, but I'm sure you didn't forget the time I flamed you like it was Hanukkah!

The entire scout regiment laughed, except Levi, as the stoic bastard he is, while Zachary came into the room and we had to get serious.

Zachary: Alright, shall we begin? So your name is Eren Jaeger, and as soldiers you've sworn to give up your life when called too, for the good of the people. Is that correct?

Eren: Yes sir.

Zachary: As an enlisted soldier during time of war, Military Doctrine demands your tribunal be held as a court marshal. As Commander of our own forces, this matter is left up to my digression. Thus I will decide, whether you live or you die. Any objections?

Eren: No sir.

Zachary: Your astuteness is appreciated, let us proceed. As expected, covering up your existence has proven quite fruitless and unless we publicly disclose your existence one way or another we risk the outbreak of wide spread civil unrest, the choice must be made and the regiment that takes custody of you will determine your fate. The Military Police or the scout regiment. To begin, the Military Police will now state their case.

I saw that Nile Dawk, the head of the MPs was making a bullshit speech about using Eren for experiments or anything. I decided not to listen to it because why do you think I joined the Scouts and not be a soldier who lays around like it's their job?

Zachary: And now I'd like to hear the Scout Regiment's proposal.

Erwin: Yes sir, As the Commander of the Survey Corps. I, Erwin Smith propose the following, let Eren join our ranks and reinstate them as full members of the scouts and we will utilize their titan abilities to retake Wall Maria. That is all.

Zachary: Is that it?

Erwin: Yes, with his assistance sir, I'm certain we can reclaim Wall Maria, therefore I think our top priority is perfectly clear.

Zachary: Quite bold, assuming you were given clearance. Where do you plan on launching this operation from? Commander Pyxis, the wall in the Trost district has been completely sealed is that correct?

Pyxis: Yes, I doubt its gate will ever open again.

Erwin: We will depart Calaneth District from the east, from there we will head for Shinganshina. A new route can be established as we proceed.

Merchant 1: But that's ridiculous!

We all turned to a merchant that was so ignorant that I could smell it from here. They might not look like much, but believe me, these are the guys who secretly work with the MPs, as much as the MPs are working with them and the cult.

And it's all up to that antique, Pastor Nick, he's the guy that made up this cult called the Church of The Walls. He has the MPs in their pockets and he and that group caused so many problems that we ended up losing so much military personnel outside the walls.

And the plan that Erwin had made for taking back Wall Maria? I think it's the most brilliant and you think it wouldn't age well, don't it? Right? You try telling those brainwashed greaseballs how restoring humanity works.

Merchant 1: Our time and money would be better spent sealing up all the gates! They're the only parts of the Wall that the Colossal Titan can break, right? Let's reinforce the blasted things and wash our hands of the entire affair!

I had enough, I had to speak up.

Scout 1: Shut your mouth, you spineless merchant dog! With a Titan on our side, we can finally return to Wall Maria!

Merchant 1: We can't afford any more of your childish antics or your delusions of grandeur!

Levi: Squealing louder won't help your case, pig. While we're bolstering our defences, do you think the Titans are going to stand idly by? And when you say "we can't afford," do you speak for anyone other than your fat merchant friends? Do you pigs even realize that most of our people are struggling just to survive off what little land we have left?

This merchant became so afraid that he was stuttering to get his words out! What a baby!

Merchant 1: I'm simply saying that sealing the gates is the only guaranteed protection we've got!

That's Captain Levi for you. His demeanor is so cold that he might as well freeze the entire courtroom!

Nick: Hold your tongue, you vile, belligerent heretic! Are you really suggesting that we lowly humans meddle with Wall Rose, a gift to us from on high? The Wall is a miracle. And its divinity transcends human comprehension. Don't you understand?

I know what they want, and I don't want any part of it. They just want to take over, go after the walls, go after the government, go after the Scouts, go after everyone and every little thing.

Plus, on the bright side, this argument between the merchant and Pastor Nick, I gotta say, it's pretty entertaining, I mean, probably better than my own sense of humor.

It had to end before Zachary slammed his hand, stopping the two before it could escalate, which was disappointing for me.

Zachary: Order! I ask that you save your personal sentiments for a more appropriate venue. Now then, Mr. Jaeger, I have a question for you. As a soldier, you have made a solemn pledge to answer humanity's call. Can you still serve by controlling your ability?

Eren: Yes! I will, sir.

Zachary: Oh? Is that so? But this report from the Battle for Trost contradicts that statement.

As he looked through the papers in his hand...

Zachary: Just after transforming, it seems you made an attempt to crush Elias Heinrich and Mikasa Ackerman. And who is this Mikasa Ackerman?

Mikasa: Me! That would be me, sir.

Zachary: And where is Elias?

Elias: Right here, sir.

Zachery: Alright, then. Is it true that Eren Jaeger assaulted you two while he was in Titan form?

Mikasa seemed sad about answering to Zachary and I can't blame her. She didn't want to do it but she had no choice in this matter.

She looked at me with worry and I nodded at her, letting her know that it's all gonna be fine.

Mikasa: Yes. All of that's true.

Everyone but the Scouts were shocked. I wasn't either. She had to show respect towards the Premier and follow instructions or they would court martial her as well, but I hope that everyone will listen, except for this guy...

Merchant 1: I knew it! They're wolves in sheep's
clothing!

Mikasa: However, he also saved our lives twice before. And in each circumstance, he was using his Titan ability. The first: shortly after Trost fell. We were nearly killed by a Titan. But then Eren stepped in and protected us. The second time: he transformed to shield Armin, Elias, and myself from cannon fire. We implore you to take these facts into consideration.

Then, Nile Dawk had to say something. Wow, what a hero this fucking guy is.

Nile: Objection! I have reason to believe that personal feelings play a large part in their testimony. Let the record show that Mikasa Ackerman was orphaned at a young age and was subsequently taken in by the Jaeger family, the same can go for Elias, a second generation soldier. What's more, our own internal investigation into this matter led to a most shocking discovery. Eren Jaeger, Elias Heinrich, and Mikasa Ackerman, at the tender age of nine, dealt with three adult kidnappers by stabbing all of them to death. Granted, this was done in self-defence. All the same, one cannot help but question the violent nature of the act. Knowing all of this, should we really invest in him? Money, manpower. Perhaps the very fate of us all?

Elias: Hey!

Everyone now focused on me as I was going to say something again and Hange was begging me not to, but at this point, I don't care. This had to be said.

Elias: You think you and your friends deserve Eren's custody?

Nile: Yes-

Elias: You don't deserve jackshit, buddy!

The Scouts knew I schooled him with that, but Hange was getting pissed and I don't care. I just want us to get Eren and not have to hear all this yapping back and forth for an hour or two.

Nile: Instead of listening to this malarkey, let's get back to reality.

Elias: And the reality is that we kicked those Titans' asses few days ago! That's the reality! Also, how about you get your head outta your own ass and try to see what's in front of you! Last time I checked, her parents were murdered in cold blood by those fuckers and Eren and I had to do what we had to do to save her! You protect the criminals rather than the actual victims themselves. That's how broken your system is and if you had any idea how bad it was, maybe you'd feel some sympathy and actually do something about it, but no! You know what you do is wrong, you just don't care! Maybe I was right about the MPs learning how to suck dick when they join the regiment because we might as well let them kill themselves!

Citizen: Maybe he's a Titan that snuck in here after taking the form of some little child he ate?

Merchant 1: Maybe she's one! I bet she's not human either!

Citizen 2: Yeah, you're right! Dissect them too, just to be safe!

Eren: Now, hold on a second! Maybe I'm a monster that you want dead, but you leave them out of this! They're innocent!

Elias: You wanna hurt us, take it up with me!

I then had a very evil smile on my face as I was looking for a fight at this point with these guys. If we were gonna go toe to toe right here and now, I'm ready.

Citizen: Like we'd trust you!

Citizen 2: You must be Titans if you two are protecting her!

Eren: Stop it! You're wrong, about it all, but you're so intent on pushing selfish agendas, you're blind to what's in front of you. None of you have even seen a Titan, so why're you so afraid, huh? There's no sense in having power if you're not going to use it to fight! If you're too scared to fight for your lives, fine. Let me do it! You-- You're all cowards!

Merchant 1: What?

Eren: Just shut up. And put all your faith in me!

Nile: Take aim, dammit!

MP: Right! Yes, sir!

Just as the MP was going to shoot, I saw Levi coming over the railing to beat the shit out of Eren!

Mikasa was wanting to kill Levi with such a look of horror...

...but I immediately came up from behind and held her back.

Elias: Mikasa, don't.

As soon as Levi was done beating Eren, he had his boot on his head.

Levi: You know, personally, I think nothing instills discipline like pain. You don't need a good "talking-to." What you're in need of, boy, is to be taught a lesson. And you happen to be in perfect kicking position.

He kept beating Eren as Nile had to stop it, why am I not surprised?

Nile: N-Now, hold on. Levi!

Levi: What is it?

Nile: It's dangerous. What if he gets angry? Turns into a Titan?

After Nile asked the question, Levi gave one more kick to Eren as I was keen on learning what was happening as they talked.

Levi: Don't be silly. After all, you guys just want to dissect him, don't you?

Clever Captain.

Levi: During the time that he was transformed, they say that Jaeger was able to kill twenty Titans before he finally ran out of strength. As an enemy, his intelligence makes him all the more dangerous. But I could still take him down without a problem. How many of you can say the same? Before you torment the beast, you'd better think. Can you actually kill him?

Levi does make a good point. I didn't think of that so that's a good thing to consider. After that, Erwin raised his hand.

Erwin: Sir. I have a proposition.

Zachery: Proceed.

Erwin: There's still too much we don't know. And no doubt, his danger will be ever- present. As such, I suggest this: Eren Jaeger will be placed under Captain Levi's supervision. And we'll conduct a recon mission outside of the wall.

Zachery: Jaeger will join you on this excursion?

Erwin: Yes, sir. Then you can look upon the mission's results yourself. And if he successfully controls his ability. Eren will have proven his value to mankind.

Zachery: Eren Jaeger will be closely supervised? And if he should lose control?

Levi: I can definitely kill him if it comes to that. The only downside is, there's absolutely no middle ground.

Zachery: Hm. Then I have made my choice. I declare the Scouts having the custody of Mr. Eren Jaeger!

It was final, but the merchant was still not wanting it to go that way.

Merchant 1: Are you serious! Are you really going to let this monster go! He's gonna kill us all!

I had enough as I went over the railing and went towards the fat bastard, but an MP was blocking me.

Elias: You may think you're in the right of it all but guess what! You don't talk about her like that because he's someone who's got more balls than you can even imagine! He's the guy-

I saw the bastard looking at Eren, but I had to get his attention.

Elias: Hey! Look at me when I'm talking to you, or we're gonna straighten this out right now! If you ever talk shit about the Scouts again, don't expect this clown to be protecting your fat ass! You hear me! I'll kill you the next time I see you! I'll end your fucking life!

I was pulled away and pushed back to Hange where we met Eren and managed to sort it all out. It was a plan all along and I'm so happy that it was a success, even though those MP assholes were still getting away with their laziness and neglect.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.1K 876 40
After discovering her power, Emma and Eren find a way off the paradise island. Towards the other titan shifters. Emma was the key to help them free...
534K 18K 92
Levi made a lot of mistakes in his life, and he regretted nothing... but for one. Iris Reed wasn't a normal girl. She was the daughter of a thief an...
166K 4.4K 30
ใ€Œ๐™‡๐™š๐™ซ๐™ž ๐˜ผ๐™˜๐™ ๐™š๐™ง๐™ข๐™–๐™ฃ ๐™ญ ๐™๐™š๐™ข๐™–๐™ก๐™š ๐™๐™š๐™–๐™™๐™š๐™งใ€ Born and raised in the Underground, You lived happily and peaceful with your parents. But at...
54.2K 1.1K 24
Your life had started long ago, living as a titan for over 500 years, watching the creation of the walls as the terrible, blood thirsty monsters tore...