Opened Eyes ⇻ The Summer I Tu...

By AbbyDisney2001

Season 2 Fem OC x Conrad Fisher Sequel to Same Old, Same Old. Another summer means another scrapbook of memor... More

Author's Note
Characters
↞ Prologue ↠
• End of Term•
• Steven, The Graduate •
• Meet Enzo and Cami •
• Not The Beach House •
• Catch Ups •
• Real Talk •
• Daddy Says No •
• Farewell, Susannah Fisher •
• A Panicking Conrad •
• The Great Boardwalk Showdown •
• The Battle Continues •
• Plan B •
• The Sleepover Club •
• Saying Goodbye In the Right Way •
• Broken Promises •
• These Are My Confessions •
• Reassurance •
• A Saving Grace •
• As The People Evolve, So Does The Group •
• The End Of An Era •

• You're Too Late •

76 3 1
By AbbyDisney2001

Author's note: Any speech or talking "" in bold means it's spoken in Italian. I do not want to butcher the language and google translate is not always accurate.Although, some small phrases will be written in Italian and still highlighted in bold.

THIRD POV:

The house was silent, only soft snores were heard, if you listened closely.

One boy's mind was racing with thoughts that stopped him from sleeping. Conrad laid awake on the couch, both hands behind his head as he laid on his back. Giving up on trying to sleep, he carefully removed the blanket, stood up from the couch, and made his way up the stairs to the one person who can help him.

Thinking she'd be asleep, he quietly opened her door but saw her sitting on the edge of her bed.

"Conrad? What are you doing? What's wrong?"

"I, uh, I couldn't sleep. Why are you awake?"

She rubbed her eyes, "I was just using the toilet. Why can't you sleep?"

"To much in my brain," he said.

"That's a first, it's usually empty," she joked putting a smile on his face. Abby moved to get under her covers, then lifted them and patted the spot next to her. "Come on, let's talk."

Conrad obeyed and started telling her about the judge and accessing his funds, how he was touched by what she said during Truth or Dare. She told him to lay down and close his eyes whilst she gently scratched his scalp to soothe the boy into a sleepy daze.

She watched as his breathing evened out.

"Abby," Conrad said opening his eyes to look at her. She hummed acknowledging him. "Who's the boy you're in love with? I won't tell anyone."

"I can't tell you," She whispered.

His face was getting closer to hers, he rubbed his nose against hers which made her body tingle. He intertwined their fingers, keeping his gaze on hers. "Please, why can't you tell me? You tell me everything."

Their lips brushed together, she so badly wanted to give in, but Belly was on her mind. It made her pull back.

"Because, I don't want to hurt her," she said sadly. She kissed his cheek, said good night before turning over.

Conrad knew who she was talking about, there was only one her that would negatively react to this. Enough was enough, he needed to speak to her, he needed to let her know what he was feeling and prayed she wouldn't flip out.

ABBY'S POV:

"Josie," Nonna hissed quietly, cautious of the teens sleeping in living room connected to the kitchen, "you'll wake the kids."

"They should be up by now anyway, it's 8'o clock," she argued.

"No, worries," A voice from behind us said making the three of us jump.

We turned to see Cameron, Steven, Jeremiah, and Skye standing in the archway.

"Sorry," Cameron said, "didn't mean to startle you guys."

"What smells so good?" Steven said coming up behind me to look over my shoulder at the stove.

"Breakfast," I answered, "go sit. Food will be ready in, like, five minutes."

He nodded and ushered the rest to sit at the table when Taylor and Belly bounced down the stairs into the kitchen area.

"Good morning," they said together, receiving some responses back.

Conrad came down not long after and sat next to Steven, peaking the Conklin boy's interest, "and where were you?"

"Uh, in the bathroom."

I'm not mad he didn't say that he slept in my bed all night, or that he cuddled me to sleep and I woke up with him pulling me close to him. He couldn't say that, it would make things weird, and right now, we don't need weirdness, we need unity within the group.

"Are you ready, mi amore?" Pappy asked entering the kitchen with Kai by his side.

"Yes, let's go," she smiled.

"Wait, where are you guys going?" Belly asked, "you're not gonna stay for breakfast."

"Oh, honey, I'm sorry. Enzo and I are taking the kids out for breakfast. We wanted to give you kids some space. Now," she turned to address the rest of my friends, "I've washed all your clothes, they are dry and folded. Abby will get them for you. Is there anything else you kids need before we leave?"

"Oh, no, Cami, Enzo, you both have done more than enough for us," Belly said.

"Yeah, thank you so much for having us," Jeremiah said, "for dinner, and now breakfast."

"Please, do not hesitate to come back," Enzo said. "Abby, look after your friends and make sure they eat breakfast."

"Yes, Pappy, I will."

Him and Nonna kissed my cheek, them I hugged Kai and Josie before they waved goodbye to my friends and headed out the door.

My friends stood to get their picks from the food to eat. Josie, Nonna, and I made scrambled eggs, sausages, bacon, toast, pancakes with DIY toppings, and hashbrowns.

"Abby, thank you so much for letting us stay here. You really saved us," Conrad said smiling opposite me.

"It's no problem, it was nice not having to go home alone for a change. So what's our POA?"

"POA?" asked Skye.

"Plan of action," I responded.

"Honestly, I don't know," Jeremiah said.

"We can think of something on the way to the beach house," suggested Belly.

"Well, eat up," I smiled, "it's gonna be another fight."

Conrad drove with me to the beach house. It was a little awkward since my semi confession.

"I'm sorry," he said making me glance at him then focus back on the road, "for last night. I don't mean to- I didn't want to make you uncomfortable about telling me."

"It's fine, you were drunk," I said, my hands were steady on the wheel.

"No, I wasn't. I was sober and pushy, and I'm sorry."

"Con, it's fine, honestly. It's not a big deal, besides, we have other pressing matters to think about." It was silent before I spoke up, "though, I did like sharing a bed with you."

He looked at me and smiled, "I did too. Too bad it's not a recurring thing, huh?"

Damn, this boy. I inhaled slightly, "yep," then blew out the air, "too bad."

Pulling up to the beach house, we shared a concerned look seeing Sandra, the realtor, and Julia outside the house. We all got out of our cars and walked to them.

"Wow. Look who it is," Jeremiah spoke sarcastically.

Sandra waved politely, "Hi."

"It's okay. I'll handle it," Julia said. "Thank you very much."

"I'll be in touch?" Sandra asked making Julia nod. Sandra took her leave as Julia addressed the Fisher brothers, "Oh, I wish you boys had gone home when I asked you to."

"You're not getting us to abandon our house, Julia."

"It's not your house, Conrad," she replied walking down the porch steps, "and, um... it won't be mine for long, either."

"Julia, please," Jeremiah said, "we have an idea, okay?"

"A buyer made an offer yesterday and I've officially accepted it," she explained. "I'm meeting with them today to finalise the details, but, um, it's done. The house is sold."

My heart dropped, who knew those four words could cause such pain.

The house is sold.

We failed our mission, we failed Susannah.

Until next time...💜

Edited: 24.06.2024

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.3K 1.5K 24
we were born to be the pawn, in every lover's game. in which she loves him, but he hates her. [ jeremiah fisher x fem!oc ] [ based on tv show ]
471K 7.3K 25
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇, Y/n Conklin has been in love with Jeremiah Fisher for as long as she can remember. The months of June through August have always be...
173K 4.8K 30
[ DISCONTINUED ! ] i think you should stay, because i hope we can feel the way we do now for all time. conrad fisher x fem oc © salkulti
6.9K 180 26
Season 1 Fem OC x Male OC School's out which means summer is in. For as long as she could remember, Abby has spent her summer holidays in Cousins at...