Lost In The Darkness {Edited}

Ms_CornSalad által

Disclaimer: Any edit used in this book is mine. The pictures, however, have been taken from Pinterest and doe... Több

Copyright ©️
Author Note
Introduction and TW
Chapter-1
Chapter-2
Chapter~3
Chapter~4
Chapter~5
Chapter~6
Chapter~7
Chapter~8
Chapter~9
Chapter~10
Chapter~11
Chapter~12
Chapter~13
Chapter~14
Chapter~15
Chapter ~16
Chapter~17
Chapter~18
Chapter~19
Chapter~20
Chapter~21
Chapter~22
Chapter~23
Chapter~ 24
Chapter~25
Chapter~26
chapter~27
Chapter - 28
Chapter~29
Chapter~30
Chapter~31
Chapter ~32
Chapter~34
Chapter~35
Chapter~36
Chapter~37
Chapter~38
Chapter ~39
Chapter~40
Chapter~41
Chapter~42
Chapter~43
Chapter~44
Chapter~45
Chapter~46
Chapter~47
Chapter~48
Chapter~49
Chapter~50
Chapter ~ 51

Chapter~33

220 21 15
Ms_CornSalad által

Like
.
.
.
.
.
Comment
.
.
.
.
.
Share/Follow
.
.
.
~ Constructive feedback is appreciated~
.
.
.
♦ Please don't be a silent reader,and at least leave a like to motivate me♦
.
.
.
Lorenzo's POV:-

“Whiskey. What kind of name is that?” I scratch this little thing's stomach, as she takes a big stretch.

“Your mother is crazy, figuratively and literally.”

The kitten hissed, making me raise my hands in surrender.

“I am not bad-mouthing your mother, you little minx.”

I get a meow in response. Sometimes, it feels like Whiskey knows what I'm talking about. She might, who knows, considering her mother is a looney tune.

“Dude, are you ok?” Nicolo's amused voice invaded my hearing.

Clearing my throat, I get up from the floor where I was almost laying, picking up my little mischief along.

“You should ask Angelo that. Asshole is brooding like we did him dirty or something.”

But serious-fucking-ly. That man has his head so far up his ass that he can't even realise how bloody messed up his behaviour was. Even spewed shit about our sister, the audacity.

“If I go near him any time soon, I am certain he won't be okay and will be sporting a black eye. Even his name souring my mood.”

“Tell me about it.”

“So, what are we discussing?”

Both Nicolo and I turn out heads to the man standing on the threshold of my room.

“We were bitching about that stupid twin of yours.” Nicolo was the one who responded.

Nodding in understanding, Armano sashayed inside, indulging himself into our conversation.

“I know right? I am so disappointed in him. Angelo crossed the bloody limit. He must be regretting everything now.”

“What about Dante? Did he say anything?” I asked, aware of Armano's eavesdropping habit.

He is always sneaking around the house and listening to things that don't concern him in any way.

And in his defense, it's the drama that finds him, and not the vice versa.

“How would I know? It's not like I'm sneaking around to eavesdrop.”

“Cut the bull and spill the damn tea.” Rolling his eyes, Nicolo deadpanned.

“I think I listened to a word or two on my way here...” He drawled out, a smug look resting on his face.

“Dante is pissed, and so is Vince. They snapped at Angelo and he is no longer to be around our sister. That's his punishment, to vanish from her vicinity.”

That's not the tea, but a damn wine. While it seems too much, it is not. Angelo has been a jerk to her since the day she got here and he needs someone to knock some sense into him before he also gets stabbed by a pen in his damn throat.

Classic.

“There is more, isn't it?”

Armano's smug stare dims into a grimace, a doubtful guise become prominent to notice.

This is something he doesn't want to share. But, he also don't want to not share. So, he is battling the pros and cons of both the choices he have.

“I think Dante is taking pills again.”

I didn't know anything could get any more worse, but the statement proved me wrong.

“Fuck! I knew something was wrong with the way his pupils dilated.” Nicolo cursed, concern for our eldest brother lacing his voice.

“Does Vince know?”

“Vince knows what?” The man in the question voices out, leaning on the door frame.

“Nothing.” Armano answers, his intent of hiding this information from Vince clear.

Vince is the closest with Dante, and he was the only one who could help Dante from jumping down a rabbit hole.

And after what happened a year ago, this is a sensitive topic for everyone, but specially Vince.

Vince won't take this news lightly and he will blame himself from not noticing the damnation that Dante is again getting himself into.

“We were just talking about Venessa.” I answered, before he could say anything.

“Oh, right. I talked to a friend of mine, and he said those episodes don't happen just because. They are a product of a long endured trauma or an injury to the head. But, there's always a cause.” He discusses, making himself comfortable on the floor besides Armano.

“But Vanessa said that she was in the mental hospital for two years and the doctors were unable to figure out the cause.” Armano pointed out.

“I told him this part as well. He said he don't know and that will have to see her reports before he say anything.”

“All of you are acting like new diseases or conditions doesn't exist. There is not always a reason behind things. Some things just are and we can't do dog shit to change that.” Nicolo snapped, angered for no reason.

“Calm down, Nic. You will wake Whiskey up.” I snapped, not in a loud voice though.

“And even if she is lying or not telling the whole truth, then it's on us. We are literally just some strangers to her, people she didn't even know existed prior to a few weeks. And let's not forget how uninviting you guys have been, why would she tell us anything?” Nicolo raged, clearly not heeding to my words.

“She told us today, didn't she? She can tell us the whole thing the same way. And we are her brothers, not just some strangers.” I scoffed, annoyed at his outburst.

“She didn't tell us, she was forced by the circumstances. And she is our sister, there's no doubt in that. But we are not her brother. Because raincheck, she is at Matthew's place because he is her brother. She doesn't trust us, but him. She is there because he can bring her comfort and not here because we failed to comfort her. So, let me ask again, are we really her brothers?”

With that, Nicolo got up and walked out of room in anger.

But his words cut deep as they seeped in.  The realisation of being a failure was bitter, but the hurt was necessary to open our eyes.

“And the worst brothers award goes to, dun dun dun, us.” Armano bitterly smiled, giving us a round of applause or more like applause of the humiliation.

Then he too takes his leave and get out of the room. Leaving only Vince and I to the somber party.

*°~•~°*

Nicolo's POV:-

I text Matthew for the twentieth time. Although my message gets delivered, he hasn't seen any of them for the past two hours.

“Fuck it.” I curse out, finally having enough.

Picking up my car keys, I make my way out of the house and to the garage.

While I was with Vanessa alone in the office, I had a hunch that something was wrong.

Turns out, there is so much wrong.

Everyone makes mistakes, and so did she. The mistake wasn't even intentional. But, of course she feels guilty.

That's a normal human reaction. There is nothing wrong with her, not at all.

Except for the fact, she thinks she is messed up.

‘I am mentally fucked up.’ Her words were said with so much conviction, like she believes every single word.

But she is not. She might be a little crazy but that's fine. Being different is absolutely ok, but she is not fucked up.

My sister is fucking perfect as she is. She just needs to accept her with all her flaws.

I pull the car in Matthew's driveway, before parking it.

Getting out of the car, I walked up to the porch of the house, ringing the doorbell twice to announce my arrival.

30 seconds, then one minute. One minute becomes 5 but there is no response and no one is opening the door.

The panic sinks in deeper, first the msgs and now this. Something is wrong.

I put the code on the digital lock, welcoming myself to an empty house.

Where the hell is my sister and my best friend?

________________________________________

A/N:- Did you like the chapter?

Hopefully, you did!

Your opinions? Any thoughts or feedback?

Any theories?

Take care ❤️

Bye!

Love,
Ms_CornSalad❤️

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

90.5K 3.1K 63
This is the Sequal of Pain Before Love. You will need to Read the first one to understand this one or you will be confused. This is Keyona Martinez...
Amara -Piranesi- által

Ifjúsági irodalom

76.7K 1.6K 31
"What's she called?" He asks. "Amara... Amara Contessa Andolini" I tell them. "An Italian name, for la mia principessa mafiosa.". ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~...
267K 5.9K 43
"I loved you like there was no tomorrow yet you left like yesterday didn't mean a thing" All my life I wished for was a family .A happy home to come...
60.1K 4.6K 43
He saw her, he saved her, he healed her and he claimed her; Only to lose her at the end. ------------------------------------------------ In a world...