Opened Eyes ⇻ The Summer I Tu...

Por AbbyDisney2001

Season 2 Fem OC x Conrad Fisher Sequel to Same Old, Same Old. Another summer means another scrapbook of memor... Más

Author's Note
Characters
↞ Prologue ↠
• End of Term•
• Meet Enzo and Cami •
• Not The Beach House •
• Catch Ups •
• Real Talk •
• Daddy Says No •
• Farewell, Susannah Fisher •
• A Panicking Conrad •
• The Great Boardwalk Showdown •
• The Battle Continues •
• Plan B •
• The Sleepover Club •
• You're Too Late •
• Saying Goodbye In the Right Way •
• Broken Promises •
• These Are My Confessions •
• Reassurance •
• A Saving Grace •
• As The People Evolve, So Does The Group •
• The End Of An Era •

• Steven, The Graduate •

94 3 0
Por AbbyDisney2001

"

We're late," Mum hissed to Dad as we entered the sports hall that was being used for the graduation ceremony.

"We're fine," Dad waved off, "look, let's sit here."

"No," Mum said, "Laurel already saved us seats."

"We're too far, these are close, come on," Dad said grabbing Mum's hand as she sighed. Kai, Josie and I followed after and sat in the spare seats. 

We drove from Boston to Philadelphia because today, Steven Conklin is graduating high school. Not only did he survive, he thrived, he is his class's valedictorian. My parents were so proud of him just for graduating. Wanting to show our support, we woke up early, got dressed, and had breakfast in the car as we drove a little over five hours to congratulate him.

It's all worth it to see Steven graduate. 

"They say that everything happens for a reason," Steven spoke as he started his speech, "Now, who they are, exactly, is unclear. Maybe a theologian coined it," he said earning some laughs, "Or, I don't know, whoever configured the simulation we're clearly living in. Maybe it was Rihanna." Mom and Dad chuckled, "No, no, Rihanna can do no wrong. It was definitely not her. But we've heard it time and time again. It's supposed to convince us, you know, that everything had to happen exactly so, in order to teach us something about ourselves, in order for us to grow and meet our destiny."

Steven chuckles softly as he continues, my eyes fixed on his presence and my ears eager to receive, "I think that's BS- I'm sorry Mom, sorry. You know, breakups don't always lead to breakthroughs. Sometimes a girl dumps you after an awesome summer, and it sucks." He was alluding to him and Shayla. "And you learn nothing from it, but you eventually force yourself to move on anyways. But then the unthinkable happens, and you realise it's pointless to think of life that way. Because everything just happens, you know, good things, bad things, all in ways that you'd never expect."

He started to speak with more passion, "all in ways that are so completely out of your control that they could just drive you insane. There are times where it feels like the world is happening to you, but remember that you are also happening to the world. So don't wait. Make what you want happen because tomorrow isn't promised, so you better make fucking sure that you are living today."

Everyone cheered loudly. His speech was amazing, I know it touched a lot of people. It touched me. 

Tomorrow is not promised to anyone so live today. 

After the ceremony, Mum and Dad went to find Laurel and John whilst I went with Josie and Kai to find Steven to give him only part of his gift. Mum went a little overboard with the gifts, so I'm bring a small one to him now to prepare him.

"Steven!" Kai exclaimed when he saw the new graduate talking to Belly . He ran over to the Conklin boy whose face held surprise all over. 

"Oh my God, Kai!" He met the boy half way and caught him in his arms spinning him round. "What- I-"

"Surprise!" Josie and I said with jazz hands. 

Steven broke away from the embrace to be brought into another by Josie.

"Congrats on graduating, Stevie," my sister said.

"Thanks, Jo Jo."

He looked at me like he was going to cry. I smiled and closed the gap between us. I held him round the neck as he gripped my waist tight as if he was making sure I was actually here. We stayed like that for a bit before I pulled away. 

I held his face in my hands and smiled at him, "you look like you're gonna cry."

"I-I didn't know you were coming. Mom said you guys were, but, uh, you're seats were empty and-"

"Oh sorry about that, we arrived a little late and sat in the back," I interrupted. "The traffic was a little bad, but it was worth it to see you on that stage." He smiled brightly at me, "congratulations." 

"Thank you," he said hugging me again, "thank you so much for coming."

"I would not dare miss this moment." We pulled apart and I crushed Belly in a hug.

"Can't breathe Abs," she heaved.

"Oops, sorry" I said loosening my grip. "You look so pretty, B. You have bigger boobs."

"Abby!" she scolded playfully. "It's so good to see you."

I turned back to Steven, "your speech was amazing."

"Yeah," Josie agreed, "it made Mum cry."

We laughed but it was true, Mum did cry. It was more so seeing a baby she's watched grow up, become a young man. She only wished her best friend, Susannah Fisher, were here to witness it too.

"That's sweet," spoke Belly.

"Where's Conrad and Jeremiah?" Kai asked, the same question I was wondering.

Belly and Steven's faces fell at the mention of the two missing from our group. "They, uh, they didn't come."

My face mirrored theirs, "oh." I was so disappointed, this was a big day for Steven. I know it may be awkward or whatever, but this was a perfect time to put those feelings aside and come together to celebrate a great accomplishment. 

Sensing the shift in mood, Josie spoke, "we got you a gift." She gestured for me to give him the envelope. 

I replaced my frown with a smile and gave him the gift. 

"You guys, you didn't need to get me anything," Steven said as he broke the seal. His eyes widened seeing two tickets to a band he likes. "No way, these are sold out. How did you do get these."

"Dad has connections and got a discount," I smiled.

"Thank you guys," he said hugging us again.

"That's just the tip of the iceberg," commented Josie. 

Steven smiled confused, "what do you mean?"

My siblings and I shared a look before Kai answered, "Mum and Dad got you more gifts."

"Like a duffle bag filled with more," I added.

"Woah," Belly said, "All that cause this thing," she pointed to her brother, "graduated high school?"

"Hey, this thing is valedictorian," he smirked proudly. 

"Another reason why they got you so much," responded Josie.

"Where are they?-Your parents not the gifts- though I do want to the gifts too."

I chuckled, "they're at the restaurant with your parents, who told us to find you guys and meet them there. So please say you have your car. "

"I do, come on." 

He placed his arm over mine and Josie's shoulders whilst Belly linked arms with Kai as we walked to Steven's car. 

As much as I wanted to stay for the party, I couldn't. Today was packed for the Allegro family. First, Steven's graduation, then a small lunch, and lastly home time, but not before Mum and Dad gave Steven his presents which he accepted gratefully. After saying goodbye to the Conklins, we drove back home another five hours and finished any last minute packing. 

The parents and us kids are not packing for the same destination though. Mum and Dad are going to England for a couple of weeks to visit Mum's side of the family. It's been planned for a while but they didn't know what to do with me, Josie and Kai.

We didn't want to go, plus we had a summer full of projects to do. Luckily for them, their saving grace came in the form of Enzo and Cami Allegro, Dad's parents, our Pappy and Nonna. 

Remember that summer trip Dad took to Italy last year? Some for work and some family? And how I said Pappy and Nonna needed all their children to help them make a change? Well, that change was leaving Sicily, and moving to Massachusetts, more specifically, Cousins.

Yes, the Cousins, where the Fisher's beach house is, where I've spent every summer of my life.

Pappy and Nonna were tired of Italy, they lived there their whole lives. When they came to Boston a couple years ago, it was during the summer so they spent a couple days in the beach house with us exploring Cousins, then went to London to see their other children. 

Something about Cousins spoke to them, maybe it was the incredible hospitality of Susannah, or the beaches, or the way their grandchildren lived happily. Whatever it was, it made Cousins the first place they considered moving to for retirement.

So last summer, Pappy and Nonna called all their children to tell them they were selling the family home in Italy to move to the US. One of Dad's brothers, my uncle, suggested that instead of selling the home, he and his family could live in it. Him and his wife have not been in happy in the UK for a while, they have three children under five who wouldn't miss anything, it was the perfect opportunity for them. 

It was good enough for my grandparents. The deal was done, and by Christmas of last year, my uncle and his family moved back to Italy. Pappy and Nonna moved to Cousins back in April. This also meant my siblings and I got to see our grandparents a lot more. 

Biologically, I'm not their grandchild, not like Josie and Kai, but that didn't matter to them. Just like when my dad accepted me as his daughter, they accepted me as their grandchild. They don't treat me different to my siblings and cousins. I am a very lucky girl.

Whilst my parents are in London, Josie, Kai, and I will be in Cousins for the summer, just like the previous ones, but we'll be staying in Pappy and Nonna's house, not the summer beach house. 

"You filled the tank of your car, right?" Mum asked as she walked to the front door.

"Yes, Ma, I cannot fill it any higher," I responded.

"You know how to get there? You're father and I will gladly pay for an Uber instead."

I shook my head, "Ma, I know how to get there. No need for an Uber. You, however, are keeping your Uber waiting." I tried pushing her out the door but she was resisting.

"I know, I know."

We finally go to the driveway where Dad was waiting. "Let's go, mi amore." He went to hug Josie and Kai goodbye.

"Ma, you're stalling," I observed.

She sighed, "I know, it's just- it's our first summer without Susannah, or the beach house in Cousins. I don't want you to have a bad summer."

"What about you?"

"I've got you're father, my parents, and brothers and sister. You'll have your brother and sister too, but- I know you want Conrad and Jeremiah, Steven and Belly."

I looked down with a sad smile, "I still have them, just not together. It'll be a different summer, doesn't mean it'll be bad. I'm not gonna sulk about it. As Steven said, we have to live for today and make things happen."

Mum kissed my cheek, "I have no doubt you'll do that. I love you, tesoro."

I hugged her, "I love you too, Ma."

Dad came to hug me next, "be good for your Pappy and Nonna, okay? Don't give them grief."

"I cannot make that promise, Papa," I smirked. "Have fun in London." 

"Love you," he said kissing my head, then going to the Uber with Mum.

"Bring back some treats!" Kai said making us laugh. With a final wave, Mum and Dad were gone. 

"Right," I said turning to my brother and sister, "let me check you packed correctly."

They groaned and trailed behind me as I entered our house. 

New summer, here I come.

Until next time...💜

Edited: 24.06.2024

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

3.6K 44 12
🎶It was rare, I was there, I remember it all two well🎶 Felicity Conklin, Belly's Younger twin sister, was ready to return to cousins beach to have...
25.5K 672 21
"wtf happened between conrad and cali?" -literally everyone. The question on everyone's mind once the two went from constantly to never talking. The...
704K 14.4K 21
❝ it was rare, i was there, i remember it 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙩𝙤𝙤 𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙡 ❞ lowercase intended The Summer I Turned Pretty- season 1 jeremi...
36.4K 1.5K 25
we were born to be the pawn, in every lover's game. in which she loves him, but he hates her. [ jeremiah fisher x fem!oc ] [ based on tv show ]