Red Blood, Pink Eyes

By slayerstories

This story follows the same cruel fate that was given to tanjiro but what if it was his sister nezuko? what i... More

Kind demon and a vengeful survivor
Journey To Mount Sagiri
First battles are the most difficult
Life is bound to Change
Training (-nezuko-)
Training (-Tanjiro-)
quick update
Sensing Powerful foes
abilities and meeting new people
Explaining and unknown dual
selected demon slayers
Nichirin blades and first mission
Shocking Encounters
Difficult Fight and a#s-beating
New Bonds,New Team
Taking a small rest
Mount Natagumo
Hashiras and Trials
Butterfly mansion
Constant Training (-both siblings-)
Constant Training part 2
Short but Meaningful help
A ride to the dreamworld
Mugen Train Part 1
A Demon Death match
Recovery and Meetings
(-Filler-) The Blue and The Boar
(-Filler-) sleepy girl in a thunderstorm
(-Filler-) Forbidden lovers
(-Filler-) Unexpected

Mugen Train -Final part-

118 6 5
By slayerstories

Narrator pov:

'Two demons were standing on top of a train, one trying to kill everyone, one trying to protect them, the demon slayers are in a fake dream made by the demon......tanjiro stood alone against enmu but he was more than enough, tanjiro was a one man team, he had the skill, strength, intelligence, stamina, abilities to fight and defeat anyone who stood in his path to help and protect everyone'

tanjiro:(I can't use all of my strength to kill enmu, it would cause strong shockwaves that would throw the train off it's tracks.....but that won't stop me!) *charges at enmu with his sword in his hand*

enmu:*aims his hand at Tanjiro* "sleep"

'as soon as he said that tanjiro went back into the fake dream world, annoyed at how fast he fell for the same trick he began to send small electric energy towards his brain, this is how he can break free, once again tanjiro was back at the train surprising enmu'

enmu:(huh? how did- no matter I'll just do it again) *tries to put tanjiro to sleep but it fails which shocked enmu*

tanjiro:*smirks* "surprised? thanks to you putting me to sleep I figured out how your blood demon art works, if something looks at your eye on your hand, you can alter the dream to whatever you like, all I had to do is block it by making a small yet powerful shield inside my brain, in other words your blood Demon art is useless"

'at this point enmu was scared, one of the advantages he thought he had over tanjiro was now gone, taking the opportunity tanjiro ran at enmu with speed that surpassed enmu's and just like that the fight was over.....or so tanjiro thought'

tanjiro:" people's dream are important because they can give us comfort and hope! but forcing a fake dream on them.... making them believe it's reality..... that.... that I can't accept!"
*zig zag his way towards enmu, his eyes met enmu and a few moments later enmu's head was decapitated, tanjiro lands and looks back at enmu whose head is slice*

'all he saw was a headless demon, he thought he won but for some rest he didn't feel like that was a win, not only that enmu's body hasn't turned to ashes'

tanjiro:(this.......this doesn't feel right, it was way too easy, not only that enmu's body hasn't disappeared....is it because I'm a demon? no that shouldn't have changed the effects of a nichirin blade on demons right?)
*suddenly enmu's body and head starts to dissolve, tanjiro was now on high alert, heightening his Demonic Instinct and his reaction speed he looked around him carefully*

'just then a few tentacles made out of flesh have started to grow out of the train, infact the train it's self started to get covered by this strange flesh, Tanjiro's demonic Instinct started to sense the entire train, confusing tanjiro even more'

enmu-train-:"I must admit....you are strong but let me ask you....are you strong enough to protect all of the passengers on this train?"

tanjiro:"w-what? what do you mean!?"

enmu-train-:"you may have sliced that body but it was only a fake, while you all were sleeping I merged my real body with the entire train, the passengers her now inside my stomach"

'tanjiro's eyes widen in realization, his Demonic Instinct sensed the train because enmu was the train it's self, tanjiro was left speechless he knew he was strong but the fact that he has to protect eight carts full of sleeping people,with no back up and he can't go all out or the train would be destroyed, enmu started to attack the demon traitor but tanjiro's instincts saved him again, jumping out of the was he sliced the tentacles fast and hard, after a few turns of attacking enmu decides to just go and eat the humans, this struck fear into tanjiro's heart'

tanjiro:"No no no no No! I-I can't let anyone die! i-i need to someone how wake up either Mr Rengoku or inosuke!"

'tanjiro ran back still on the roof of the train he beings to ask and yell for either Rengoku or inosuke to wake up, and luck was on tanjiro's side'

tanjiro:"Mr Rengoku!? Inosuke!? please! Please wake -"

inosuke:*makes a hole through the train roof* "GRAAAAAAAAH!"

tanjiro:*smiling wildly* "I-Inosuke we have to protect everyone on the train! the demon has merged with the train! do you hear me!?!"

inosuke:"hmmm grrh so I was Right all along! Very well! just you wait demon train! I the great inosuke will make you yield!" *jumps down, he starts slicing the tentacles that were about to eat the passengers*

tanjiro:*follows him down* "inosuke! we have to prioritize the humans safety! we can worry about the demon later! take the last two carts and defend them! I'll take the six in the front!" *teleports to the first cart and starts defending the six carts*

'tanjiro and inosuke fought bravery and expertly, they made sure not to harm the passengers and protect them while trying to think of a way to end this, tanjiro knew that inosuke wouldn't be able to keep going for long like himself, after all he is a demon while inosuke is a human, they continued but it didn't seem like they were making any progress and just as they thought that the demon had them, someone's powerful would awake from his sleep'

Rengoku:*walking* "hm, all of this happened while I was asleep? I am ashamed as a Hashira! If I could find a Hole...And jump in it!"

'Rengoku the flame pillar has woken up and chose violence, going from the back of the cart all the way to the front where tanjiro was, he slashed and protected the passengers with no problem, the force of his attacks were so strong that the train almost flew out of it's track, tanjiro fell to the floor shocked at what just happened, he slowly looked up and saw Infront of him the flame Hashira'

Tanjiro pov:

*smiles in relief* "Mr Rengoku! your awake! the train it's self became a demon! me and Inosuke were doing our best but he still couldn't find the demons neck!"

Rengoku:*smiles*" that's because you were too focused on protecting everyone Young Kamado"

"huh?"

Rengoku:"no matter what shape or form a demon takes there has to be a neck, you just have to find it,I did considerable amount of damage to the demon so it will take time for him to heal, me and the boar head will protect everyone, try sensing his aura and where it's most strongest"

'I did what Mr Rengoku told me to do, using total concentration I was able to pin point his neck, I then visualized enmu's body as the train, I looked up at him and nodded my head, he knew what I have found'

Rengoku:"great job, me and the boar head boy will try our best to protect everyone here however we can't handle all eight carts at the same time so you'll have to work fast"

*stands up, sword in hand* "I won't let you down! I promise!"

Rengoku:"Right, Let's go!" *disappears back to slice the tentacles*

'I watched leave with speed I wasn't even sure a human could do, but I quickly snapped out of ny thoughts and teleported straight to the neck of the train, this was where the demon aura was at it's strongest, I saw the driver frightened from my sudden appearance'

the driver:"W-who are you!? you aren't allowed in-"

*teleports him back into the cart* (I hope Rengoku won't mind me putting the guy in the middle cart,okay here!)
*slices some parts on the floor, revealing a demon bone*

'I smiled at the fact that I knew where the bone was, as I was about to strike multiple tentacles that acted as the roof  appeared and started attack me, I dodge without much trouble but I saw the flesh slowly covering the bone neck, I tried to go and slice it but there was a few thousands of eyes all around me, I started to create a small fiery barrier inside my skull, it would make sure that I wouldn't fall asleep'

enmu:(Crap! I need to make him fall asleep! but how do I do that if he has that shield inside his skull!?)

*teleports high in the air and is rapidly falling*

'I was in a tough spot which is why I had to teleport above the neck bone, enmu tried his best to hit me, trying to put me asleep but it didn't work, he then focus his flesh and covered the neck but I had a plan'

"Blood demon art: Fire clone Barrage!"
*creates twelve clones made out of flaming energy, all of the transparent clones drop down faster than tanjiro and they burned the flesh*

enmu:(I-It burns! W-why is it that hot!? I need to defend my-)

'I can tell how desperate enmu was, he was trying his hardest to kill  stop me but it partially work, I dodge his attacks left and right, I used one of the tentacles to jump from it to the bone......this...this was my opportunity.....I used total concrete breathing and I thought about what will happen'

Narrator pov:

Tanjiro:*using total concentration*
(Father.... please grant me the strength I need!.....I will slice this bone...With This Strike!)
"Hinokami Kagura: Clear Blue Sky!"

'The attack was able to slice the neck, from the outside it almost seemed like it turned day time due to how bright the attack was, tanjiro had successfully beheaded enmu which caused the tentacles that were trying to eat the passengers to turn to ash'

inosuke:"Oi! come back here and fight me !"

Rengoku:(You did it Young Kamado!)

'as much as Rengoku Wanted to congratulate tanjiro, the train was thrown off it's track due to how powerful Hinokami kagura was, tanjiro realizing the gravity of the situation he put them in, so he creates another five fiery clones,  tanjiro would normally command them to explode and burn upon impact but tanjiro didn't do that this time, he gave them the ability to teleport and commanded them to teleport everyone out of the train and somewhere safe on the ground, Rengoku saw the clones and tanjiro himself teleporting people and bringing them to safety at incredible speed, with a few moments to spare tanner was able to teleport the last two people out of the train, all three of them landed'

*The noise of the train crashing*

tanjiro:*teleported himself, Rengoku and inosuke next to the passengers, panting lightly* "that.....was way too close"

inosuke:"H-hey! what just happened!?"

Rengoku:"Well done Young Kamado! truly outstanding! you really do have the heart and a spirit of a demon slayer!"

tanjiro:"t-thanks for the compliment Mr Rengoku b-but I was the one who got us in that situation, I used too much power to slice that huge bone"

Rengoku:"Even so You didn't know if your strength would be enough to slice the neck so you used more strength than normal, Besides no one got killed because you saved them, Tanjiro if you weren't on this mission Then I would think someone might've died"

'at this point tanjiro didn't know what to say but smiled at Rengoku, Rengoku could tell that tanjiro was grateful for his words, with everyone safe and sound ,the clones were now turned into small fiery energy and went back to tanjiro, which recovered tanjiro's lost strength but it was only a tiny bit'

inosuke:"hey kentaro, are you tired?"

tanjiro:"hm? well a tiny bit why?"

inosuke:"you created those weird things of your self and made them use your ability, didn't they use your strength to do that?"

tanjiro:"oh! no it doesn't work like that, you see when I create those clones I used a tiny bit of my energy to do so and I can command them what to do, the ones that explode and burn upon impact are the ones that use the least amount of strength to create, the ones I created needed a tiny bit more energy, the clones used their own energy to teleport the people out of the train"

Rengoku:(Hm very interesting, Just how much are you hiding young Kamado?)

tanjiro:"when the clones have done their part their energy returned to me, I recover my lost strength based on how much energy the clone themselves have left"

inosuke:"Gaaaah! stop getting stronger monjiro!"

'it was at this point all three of them felt an immense and powerful aura, inosuke shivered at the feeling,Rengoku Became serious and tanjiro senses spiked sky high, he sensed an attack directed at inosuke tanjiro tried to stop it but Rengoku beat tanjiro to it'

Rengoku:(Flame Breathing: Second Form:Rising Scorching Sun!)
- The user unleashes an arcing vertical slash in an upwards motion, often brought up from a tail guard-

'the stranger's arm was sliced but it was still attached to his body, The stranger than jumped backwards and gave himself some space, tanjiro and Rengoku as well as Inosuke all turned to meet the new face'

???:"Impressive, you must be a Hashira to have that kind of reflex and accuracy" *regenerate his arm*

'It was at this moment they saw something they never expected to see, another demon moon or specifically it was an uppermoon 3, tanjiro said it out loud,inosuke shivered upon hearing tanjiro's words even tho inosuke wasn't the type to get scared easily there was a strange aura.....a dangerous aura coming from Uppermoon 3, Rengoku looked focused and unfazed'

Rengoku:"why did you target the boar first and not me? or young Kamado?"

???:"hm, you see I despise weak people, that boar head guy was weaker than you and the traitor will meet his fate today"

tanjiro:".......what do you mean?"

Rengoku:"hm it's seems that me and you value people very differently"

???:"doesn't matter, I'll tell you my name now, I am akaza Uppermoon 3, I would like to hear yours Hashira"

Rengoku:"I am the flame pillar, Kyojuro Rengoku, even though we just met I already hate you"

akaza:"kyojuro.......your fighting spirit is Refined to the limit I can see that, but it hasn't reached to the supreme realm.....Do you know why? It's because your a human, you will grow old and die, Become a demon Kyojuro then you'll train forever and unlock Your true potential"

Rengoku:"No! I refuse to become a demon"

akaza:"Think about it Kyojuro, If you stay human you'll dies either young or old, Don't you want to grow stronger?"

Rengoku:"My answer is the same, I will not become a demon"

akaza:".......... alright then"

'Akaza immediately switches to his fighting stance, an immense and powerful aura can be felt from him, however Rengoku did Not falter and soon after both started rushing at each other at high speeds, tanjiro could see and sense that akaza was still holding back his eyes couldn't keep up but his demonic Instinct could, inosuke only saw a few glimpses of both fighters '

Tanjiro pov:

'Their fight continued for several more minutes, akaza was still trying to convince Mr Rengoku to turn into a demon but thankfully it wasn't working, however Mr Rengoku was starting to get injured badly and after exchanging fast and furious punches and slicing both backed away, Mr Rengoku was bleeding I can tell that maybe a few of his ribs have been broken, his left eyes also seemed a big damaged by a punch, it was at that moment that I realized how dumb I am'

(wait What The hell am I doing!? I should be helping him!)
"inosuke stay here alright?" *runs to Rengoku's side*

Inosuke:*still in shock at what the fight he saw*

Rengoku:*breathing heavily*

Akaza:"see Rengoku? Your hurt and weaken, become a demon! It's rare to find people with a fighting spirit such as yours! c'mon Kyojuro! become-"

"Mr Rengoku!" *lands next to Rengoku*

Rengoku:"wah? Young Kamado? what are you doing here? stay back"

"I'm sorry Mr Rengoku but I can't just sit and see you like this, please let me help! I fought  uppermoon 2 with kanae, Please let me help"

Rengoku:*he's considering the idea*

"Your hurt okay? if you continue you'll die, besides isn't it better to work together like what we did on the train?"

Rengoku:*eyes widen* (he's right.....I was so focused on protecting them from the demon that I didn't realize that I have help......I have help that won't die and won't give up, his passion to protect is just as strong as mine) *smiles and stands tall*
"your right young kamado, I shouldn't have fought all by myself, let's work together, I'll follow your lead"

*places his hand on Rengoku and uses his blood demon art to heal Rengoku's injuries but tanjiro could only heal Rengoku's eye and five of his ribs while giving him a boost in stamina*
"Mr Rengoku I gave you a bit of my strength, I'm not sure how much it will help but it's better than nothing "

Rengoku:*nods* "Correct Young Kamado, we won't back down not now and not ever"

"Right!"

akaza:*shivers* "what...what is this? Their fighting spirit is through the roof.......yes....Yes! That settles it Kyojuro! you must become a demon!" *gets punched to the face which sends him flying backwards*

'I was angry at what he was saying so I teleported right Infront of akaza and sent him flying but I didn't stop, I continued my assault by teleporting behind him and send him crashing down to the ground, akaza pulled himself together and started attacking me at high speed but I was doing that too'

Rengoku pov:

'I saw from a distance that Young kamado was keeping up with uppermoon 3, I smiled to myself at how determined he is to fight alongside us and help'

(master.....you were right.... he really does want to help us, but if we want to kill uppermoon 3 then we will need to work together, in my current state I could only provide support)
*Stands up and rushes akaza*

akaza:*gets distracted by Rengoku's Spirit which gave tanjiro and opening for a few quick strikes, akaza tried to deliver a punch but his arm was sliced by Rengoku, Followed by tanjiro slicing akaza other arm afterwards tanjiro kicked akaza hard sending flying* "D-damnit how am I not keeping up?"

"we're doing great! we just have to keep this up!"

tanjiro:"I'm slowly starting to realize what his advantages over us are! I think I know a way to use it against him"

"What is it?"

tanjiro:"he keeps mentioning about your fighting spirit, I think he can sense it,the stronger someone's fighting spirit is the faster of a reaction akaza has, Rengoku keep your fighting spirit up and I'll lower mine that way I'll have more openings to attack"

"sounds like a plan"

'with young kamado's plan put into action we were able to land several lethal hits on akaza even if he can regenerate them, But we were starting to turn this fight in our favor, akaza simply couldn't keep up with young Kamado's speeds and raw power, and at least we finally did the impossible'

*slices both of akaza arms*

tanjiro:"My chance!" *tanjiro goes for the neck and sliced it with his blade*

akaza:"wha-!? no this can't be! I-I can't.." *head turns to ash*

"...we.....we actually did it!"

tanjiro:"Yeaaah! muzan lost another demon moon!"

"This is great news! once we recovered we'll -wha?! TANJIRO! BEHIND YOU!"

tanjiro:*sensed it and teleported away, missing an arm* "n-no...this....this can't be! he shouldn't be alive!"

'I couldn't believe my eyes, even without a head.......akaza's  body was still standing, it was his body and it started heading towards us at high-speed, young kamado and I prepared ourselves, even tho I was tired'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

181K 5.5K 61
𝐁𝐄𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐋𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐓 child of the Kamado family was no easy task. You took on chores with your mother, and soon enough, you had to take car...
291 2 19
It was a peaceful day at the Kamado's home, with Tanjiro Kamado is getting coal with his friend Tai Yamazato. As they got back from selling coal, the...
169 12 7
Hello and welcome! ⚠️ I do not own any of the demon slayer characters nor its plot. ⚠️ What would happen if instead of Tanjiro being the main protag...
120K 3.2K 22
It was unfortunate when Tanjiro twisted his ankle but Nezuko was all too willing to take the charcoal to town in his place. She returns home to a blo...