the luck you got | natsu x re...

By SABERT00TH

y/n l/n, a spirited transfer student from south korea, finds herself thrust into an unexpected adventure when... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 9
chapter 10

chapter 8

47 3 1
By SABERT00TH

the weekend arrives, bringing with it a sunny day perfect for outdoor activities. you find yourself at the fairy tail high basketball court, seated alongside lucy and erza, enjoying the warm weather and watching the action unfold on the court.

natsu, gray, loke, and jellal are engaged in an intense game of basketball, their competitive spirits evident in every move they make. you can't help but admire their athleticism as they dribble, pass, and shoot with skill and precision.

lucy leans over, a playful grin on her face. "looks like the boys are going all out today," she remarks, her eyes following the action on the court.

erza nods in agreement, her gaze focused on the game. "they certainly don't hold back when it comes to sports," she adds, a hint of admiration in her voice.

you nod in agreement, enjoying the lively atmosphere and the camaraderie between your friends. as the game continues, you find yourself cheering on the players, caught up in the excitement of the moment.

the basketball game is in full swing when suddenly, the rhythm is interrupted by lisanna's unexpected appearance on the court. she calls out to natsu, her voice cutting through the air, and pulls him to the side, away from the game.

lucy leans in closer, a look of intrigue on her face. "looks like drama's brewing," she whispers, her eyes darting between natsu and lisanna.

erza nods in agreement, her expression thoughtful. "i wonder what that's all about," she muses, her gaze fixed on the unfolding scene.

you exchange a knowing glance with lucy, both of you caught up in the gossip. "i heard they might be back together," lucy says, relaying the rumor you'd heard through the grapevine.

erza rolls her eyes. "really? that's unexpected," she remarks sarcastically.

natsu's abrupt departure from the game catches everyone's attention. he announces to the guys that he's out, and without another word, he exits the court, following lisanna who waits for him at the sidelines.

you watch as they walk away, lisanna shooting you a glare over her shoulder before disappearing from view. the intensity of her gaze sends a shiver down your spine, leaving you feeling uneasy.

erza and lucy exchange knowing glances as they catch lisanna's glare directed towards you. lucy can't resist making a playful comment, nudging you with her elbow. "looks like someone's feeling threatened by your presence," she jokes, a mischievous twinkle in her eye.

erza nods in agreement, her expression serious yet tinged with amusement. "lisanna seems to be threatened by everyone lately," she remarks.

you join in the banter with a wry smile, trying to lighten the mood further. "well, it looks like i've made enemies with both juvia and lisanna in my first week here. not bad for a newcomer, huh?" you quip, though a hint of nervousness seeps into your tone.

the guys motion for you, erza, and lucy to join them on the court. gray grins widely, beckoning you over with an enthusiastic wave. "come on, y/n! let's show them what we've got!" he calls out, his voice filled with encouragement.

jellal echoes gray's sentiment, his expression eager as he gestures for you to join them. "yeah, we could use some more competition!" he adds with a smirk.

erza and lucy exchange glances, sharing a silent conversation before nodding determinedly. with a shared grin, the three of you rise from your seats, ready to join the game and leave the tensions of the day behind, if only for a little while.

you, jellal, and gray walk back to the dorm, exchanging playful banter about the basketball game.

"you were lucky this time, y/n," gray teases, nudging you with his elbow.

"yeah, don't get too confident," jellal adds with a smirk. "we'll get you next time."

you laugh, tossing a playful retort over your shoulder. "keep dreaming, boys. you'll need all the luck you can get!"

they both chuckle, though gray quickly excuses their loss with a grin. "hey, having erza on your team was like an instant loss for us. you know that!"

jellal nods in agreement, and you all share a laugh as you approach the dorm.

however, your laughter fades when you spot lisanna and natsu cuddling on the couch as you enter the common area. lisanna notices your presence and greets you three in a chirpy tone. "hey, guys! how was your day?"

natsu joins in with a casual greeting, "hey, what's up?"

you, jellal, and gray exchange awkward glances before replying with a hesitant "hi," unsure of how to respond to the unexpected situation.

you all exchange awkward pleasantries before retreating to your respective rooms. as you settle into your room, your phone buzzes with a notification. you check it to find a message from a new group chat created by gray. it was a group chat of the roommates excluding natsu

gray: just wanted to say I always feel kinda uncomfortable when lisanna's around. anyone else feel the same?

jellal: yeah, I agree with you, gray. her presence just add this weird tension to the atmosphere

gray: it's like they're either cuddling and being lovey-dovey, or they're arguing loudly. can't deal with that drama.

you: haha, maybe lisanna feels threatened by the new roommate in town

jellal: seems like lisanna's got some serious insecurity issues if she's threatened by every girl natsu talks to

you chuckle softly, finding jellal's humor refreshing amidst the tension. setting your phone down, you shake your head lightly, feeling a mix of amusement and exasperation at the ongoing drama. with a sigh, you shift your focus to other things, hoping for a bit of tranquility in the midst of the chaos.

as you awaken from your nap, a muffled argument catches your attention, pulling you out of your drowsiness. rubbing the sleep from your eyes, you rise from your bed and make your way out to the hallway, where you find gray and jellal also poking their heads out from their rooms, listening intently.

"what's going on?" you whisper, your curiosity piqued by the raised voices coming from the living room.

gray shoots you a glance before replying, "it's natsu and lisanna. they're arguing again."

you can't help but roll your eyes at the news. "seriously? over what this time?"

"it's something stupid," gray grumbles, his tone tinged with irritation. "i think it's about who forgot to make reservations or something."

you shake your head in disbelief, unable to fathom how such a trivial matter could lead to such heated arguments. with a sigh, you exchange knowing looks with gray and jellal, silently acknowledging the absurdity of the situation.

lisanna's voice is sharp with frustration as she scolds natsu for forgetting to make a reservation for their date tomorrow.

"natsu, i can't believe you forgot to make the reservation!" lisanna's voice rings out, filled with exasperation. "we talked about this, and now our plans are ruined!"

natsu's voice, in contrast, sounds more subdued as he tries to calm her down. "i'm sorry, lisanna. i'll make it up to you, i promise. we can find somewhere else to go tomorrow, okay?"

but lisanna isn't appeased, her frustration evident in her tone. "it's not just about tomorrow, natsu. it's about you never taking anything seriously!"

lisanna is unforgiving, her words sharp as she delivers her final blow. "and you always say that, natsu. i'm tired of your empty promises," she retorts, her voice tinged with disappointment as she storms out of the dorm, leaving natsu to wrestle with his own feelings of guilt and frustration.

as jellal and gray retreat back to their rooms, you decide to linger in the living room, sensing natsu's need for a bit of company after the tense exchange with lisanna. taking a seat beside him, you offer a sympathetic smile, ready to lend a listening ear.

"hey, natsu," you start, your voice gentle as you address him. "you okay?"

natsu looks up, his usual grin returning as he meets your gaze. "yeah, i'm good," he replies, his tone casual despite the lingering tension in the air.

you arch an eyebrow, not entirely convinced by his easygoing demeanor. "are you sure?" you press, tilting your head to the side inquisitively.

natsu waves a dismissive hand, his expression relaxed. "yeah, it's nothing," he assures you, though there's a hint of resignation in his voice.

you give him a knowing look, recognizing the familiar pattern of lisanna's mood swings. "lisanna's at it again, huh?" you remark, a playful lilt to your tone.

natsu nods, a wry grin quirking up the corners of his lips. "yeah, you know how it is. she gets like this sometimes," he explains, though there's a hint of exasperation in his voice.

you chuckle softly, shaking your head in amusement. "well, you know where to find me if you need a break from the drama," you offer, nudging him playfully in the side.

natsu's grin widens, his mood visibly lifting at your lighthearted gesture. "thanks, y/n," he says, his voice filled with gratitude. "you're the best."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 233 24
y/n is the ice dragon slayer of fairy tail. natsu is the fire dragon slayer of fairy tail. before sting and rogue rose to fame, y/n and natsu were kn...
216K 4.5K 34
Natsu is your typical hormonal teenage boy in high school. He's the schools bad boy and heartthrob but he's also a heartbreaker and a sex addict. But...
436 6 11
Fairy Tail AU: Lucy Heartfilia tries to survive in her new high school for the rich. Natsu Dragneel intends to break her. Most characters are OOC, th...
2.1K 57 12
Tensions are at an all-time high in the ranks of the Fairy Tail guild. With an banquet just around the corner, the pressure is on as Team Natsu and o...