CRAVING

By _x_a_r_a_l_

It all started out well. Loving boyfriend, my mom healing from cancer, supporting friends and a good job. Scr... More

Chapter one
Chapter two.
Chapter three
chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter fourteen

Chapter thirteen

16 1 0
By _x_a_r_a_l_

Summer was almost coming to an end. That meant loneliness and a predictable day each and every day until Christmas. Rafael will be going back to New York for college. Mia will be joing her mom in Italy to help with the company. Me?

Well, I'll just continue working in this awesome hotel waiting for Christmas till I see them again.

Rafael and I are still working on our differences. Sometimes it's hard to keep up with him or even have an hour or two with him cause he's super duper busy this days. He helps out his dad at the hospital as he also learns. The leisure time he gets are usually eaten up by riding his bike in the surbubs together with other bikers. Sometimes I feel like he is just ignoring me. I don't know. I'm new to this relationship thing. Maybe he just needs time to himself.

What scares me most is the long distance relationship. Rafael will be a thousand miles away for the next few months. No contact expect for facetime and long calls. At least that is what I'm thinking. We haven't talked about it yet. I try to bring up the subject but he just ignores it. Is he scared like I am?

Mia was upset the moment she found out what happened at Miami's. It was like being scolded by my own mother. She barged inside my bedroom the moment she found out from Reina. Trust me when I said she barked the whole time of how she's my bestie and I should be telling her things like this. I love her. But sometimes I feel like it's better if she stops helping me out every time I need help. I gotta learn to do shit on my own. She's not gonna be my shadow forever. Sometimes shadows just disappear especially when darkness kicks in. I need to learn to take care of my own darkness and how I'll handle it until I get to the light.

Turns out Carlos Morgan, the manager of Hilton's hotel was Regina's boyfriend. Why in the world I'm I surrounded by freaking rich people?

I didn't call in as Regina said I should. Instead, I visited the place. The Hilton's was a five star hotel. Magnificent in every way and one of the biggest hotels in the city. More importantly, it paid handsomely. I had received the first one two weeks ago and was astound. This was thrice the pay I got in Miami's. But the pay came with a price. The Hilton's was twenty four seven super busy. It's the most preferred and loved hotel when it involves escapism and relaxation by tourists, conference meetings, birthdays, engagement parties, wedding receptions, gala dinners, masquerade balls. . Masquerade ball sounds epic.

Carlos was delighted to see me. He told me how he's heard a lot about me and was waiting to see me flourish by the help of his father's business. Gosh Regina. I owed her my life.

The bills helped me pay for my mom's medicine and also the house expenses. Did I forget to say that she is still recovering? I couldn't be more  happier. It's not everyday someone gets a chance to get better. Especially when cancer is in the story. I've been thinking of throwing her a surprise party. That calls for Mia's presence.

My stalker hasn't been stalking me. Or maybe he learnt some stalking skills and he's better than I imagined. I haven't seen the saloon car around nor anything suspicious around our neighbourhood. Which arises my curiosity even more.

Regina has been supportive. She pops in here and there to see her boyfriend and always fills me up in everything she does. I feel like I've known her since forever. She works in the modelling industry as a model. She also works part time at Herla gallery as an artist.

Speaking of artist, I haven't laid my eyes on Luca since the race at Razona three weeks ago. A few races have been held here and there but he hasn't shown up in any.  I long to see him, coughs awkwardly. I mean, I'd like to thank him for what he did. He has been a great help since I met him.

Regina: You up for some rock climbing tomorrow at nine am?

Tomorrow is Saturday. Meaning no work for me.

I've never rock climbed before. I'll pass.

I replied.

Regina: Good thing I've got a great teacher for that. You are coming with us. I'll pick you up.

Why do people like picking me up?

I'll just take the bus. Text me the details.

I texted.

Regina: I'll pick you up. Final.

There we go, another Mia.

                                        <>

"I already took care of the water bill. I'll call Mr. Bill and tell him to come over and fix the sink." I said, as I continued eating my breakfast.

My mom was sitted across me, chewing her food absentmindedly.

" Mom?" I placed my hands on top of hers.

" Huh?" her eyes met mine in a confused look.

" What's wrong. You seem absentminded."

" It's nothing honey."

" As you say so mom. I won't press." I said sarcastically and placed a piece of bread in my mouth.

" By the way, Castillo has offered me work. It's nothing major. I'll be working in his garden and-"

"Mom-"

" Wait. Let me finish. This is a great opportunity. He even said that it will be better if I work there since he'll be checking up on me. Miranda will also be around. She'll look out for me." she said all under one breath.

" Don't you think you are taking this a bit far? Mom, I can manage taking care of you alone. Stop stressing yourself when you have me."

" I also want to take care of you Camy. You sacrificed your chance of getting into college because of me. Let me do this. Let me help you sweetie. Let me take care of you the way you did for me. I'm your mother, I should be the one taking care of my little girl. Not the other way round. Okay?"

She rubbed her hand on top of mine and forced a weak a smile.

"Okay mom."

The knocking at the door diverted my attention from my mom.

"I better get going. Call me if you need anything. Okay?" I stood up from my sit and walked to where she was sitted and pecked her cheeks.

" Don't worry. I'll switch off the phone so I don't have to." she said sarcastically.

I just rolled my eyes and took a black hood from the clothing line and paced towards the door.

Regina was leaning against her car looking as stunning as ever.

She was wearing a  pink crop hooded tracksuit and a pair of black pointed shoes. Her raven hair stumbled on her shoulders.

" Hey! You ready?" she asked.

" Yeah. Let's go." I said, brief hugging her and got in the other side of the car.

"So whose the other person? You talked about a teacher." I said as she drove off the street.

" He's already there. The thing is, he doesn't know we are coming. He'll be utterly shocked to see us. I mean, you mostly." she smirked.

" Me? Why would a stranger be shocked when he sets his eyes on me?"

The grin on her face said too much. Tooooooo muchhhhhhh.

"Luca?"

And by that, my fear became reality. She nodded her head slowly, enjoying the struck expression on my face.

I quickly averted my eyes from her and faced the window, biting my knuckles. Why  in hell I'm I so nervous? It's just Luca.

I haven't seen him in three weeks. Three freaking weeks. Damn! What will he think of this? Me? There?

Seriously dude! Calm down.

                                       <>

Twenty minutes later we were pulling up a parking lot. Loud music was blasting inside the hall.

Regina didn't talk to me as we got off the car and walked inside the hall. It was vast and big with rock climbing walls. It wasn't packed as I expected it to be. A few people here and there worked in those different platforms.

That's when I laid my eyes on him. He was on one of those walls, two or three feets up as he continued climbing. His bare eagle winged tattoo back faced me, his muscles flexing as he held onto those tiny different coloured stone type of thing. Don't get me wrong, I know nothing about rock climbing.

His brown curly hair was tied up in a band on his head. As soon as he reached the top part, he slightly turned and looked down at a girl standing by the side and smiled at her.

"Think you can try that?" he asked the girl through the music.

The girl, not more than fifteen years old beamed at him and frantically nodded her head.

" Okay. I'm gonna come down and then I'm gonna let you try it. Cool?" he asked.

" Mmmh." the girl smiled.

He was cautious, eyes fixed on the rocky thingys as he came down. Once down, he tied a harness around the girl's waist. As the girl climbed, Luca continued saying things to her, standing so close to the wall so that he may help when it's needed. She did it really well. Well damn, she has a hot, coughs awkwardly, I mean great teacher by her side.

He hadn't taken note of our presence as his back faced us once again, hands akimbo. He was wearing black shorts, hanging so low that I could make out his v line.

" Stop gawking." Regina chuckled beside me, nudging my shoulders.

That's when I realised not only had I been gawking, but also rooted to the same place since we entered the building.

" Luca!" Regina shouted through the music.

Luca turned to face us, shock written all over his face the moment his eyes met mine.

His eyes raked down my body, taking it's time, leaving no bit unseen. I felt totally exposed. I was wearing a denim short, plain white crop top and denim crop jacket.  My hair was tied up in a high ponytail afro.

"What are you guys doing here?" he asked walking towards us, his eyes still fixed on mine.

" What else, rock climbing." Regina retorted.

"Hey." I forced my mouth to speak.

" Hey." he replied, a small smile playing on his lips. His smile was beautiful, and I mean it. Like insanely beautiful.

" You guys continue faffing around." Regina said and walked over to one of the platforms.

" Your shoes are a disappointment." Luca said once Regina left, looking at my shoes.

"Huh?"

" You can't climb in those. You need something less life threatening ." I was left standing there as he walked up to a corner and came back with a pair of pointed shoes.

"This will do. They are Scarpa Origins and are also good for a run." he said, handing them to me.

Murmuring a thank you, I took the shoes from him and settled on a bench near by, putting them on. Luca took the ones I had and placed them under the benches.

" Have you ever rock climbed before?" he asked.

" Nah. I was hoping you could teach me. Regina said you were a great teacher." I said as he led me to one of the walls.

"Explains why. Look at her. She's terrible." he chuckled, looking ahead.

I followed his eyes and saw Regina stuck on the fifth part of the climb, her hands shaking.

"Luca! A little help here!" she screamed.

" Gotta say, you look really nice up there." He held an amusing grin on his face as he folded his arms and faced her

"Luca! You motherfucking asshole. Help me." she shouted.

"Just jump. You'll safely land on the mattress. No biggie."

"No biggie? You are throwing a death wish straight to my face.I knew you never liked me since I -" before she could finish her sentence, she slipped and fell on the mattress.

Luca walked up to her, a smirk plastered on his face.

" That wasn't bad, was it?" he mused.

" Fuck you!" Regina scoffed as I helped her stand up.

This thing between them was like watching two siblings fight. Especially from a third point of view, like mine. Gotta say, it was nice and also funny watching them. Luca with his weird sense of humour and Regina with all the drama like personality.

Regina told me that they went to the same college and that's where they met. Luca was Carlos's roommate and were inseparable since they attended the same classes. After that, the three of them tugged along and have been friends ever since.

" If only you could stop whining too much."

"I don't whine!" Regina muttered under her breath.

"I don't whine!" he mimicked. "I'm such a great teacher, aren't I?" Luca continued sarcastically and left the two of us alone, his eyes back to the girl he was teaching.

"Such a brat!" she whispered as he left.

                                        <>

Thirty minutes later, the girl waved Luca goodbye and joined who I assume is her mother at the entrance of the building.

Regina was scrolling through her phone and doesn't notice when Luca seats down beside me and let out a heavy sigh.

" I hope you won't be a pain in the ass like someone here." he murmured loud enough that Regina could hear. She only sent him a deadly stare and continued scrolling down her phone. I simply smiled and stood up, ready for my lesson.

" Where do we start?"

                                        <>

" Do I really need to have this?" I asked as he tied the harness around my waist.

"Yah. You are a beginner. You need it." he replied, his eyes focused on tying the harness.

His fingers grazed my bare stomach accidentally, which made me release a soft gasp and moved slightly away from him.

"Sorry." he whispered, looking at anything beside me. Why did I have to wear a crop top.

"It's fine. I'll just tie it myself." I murmured. I swear my skin was burning and I could still feel that soft graze.

Once I'm done, he walks me over to one of the walls.

"So, there are two types of rock climbing. Bouldering and top opening. Top opening is for beginners while the other one is for experts. Like me." he mused proudly.

" The routes are labeled. VB and VO are for beginners and they kinda look like ladders making it easy to climb." he said, climbing the VB. Show off.

"V2 is a bit difficult as you saw with Regina then there's V3........" his words got lost in thin air as he continued mumbling about the rocks.

My eyes were fixed on him. Watching as he continued talking about them. He talked with confidence, passion, his eyes lighting up every single minute as he went deeper into their meaning.

" Where did you drift off to?" he asked, narrowing his eyes at me. That's when I realized that I had been staring at his face the whole damn time. Shit!

" Sorry." I averted my eyes from his intense gaze.

" It's cool. I mean, I know I'm hot and all. That's why you can't stop yourself from drowning in my sexy eyes and my sweat glistening abs love." he said a teasing grin finding it's way on his cheeks.

"You wish!" I started walking away from him hiding the smile that was forming on my face.

" Wait up!" he chuckled, following me.

                                      <>

" You two suck at rock climbing!" Luca laughed as the waiter came by our booth and took our orders.

" We ain't like you sweetheart. We weren't raised doing yoga." Regina scoffed, drinking her water.

" And stop attacking us. Just because you are a pro at rock climbing doesn't mean you can beat us in everything." I added, backing up Regina.

I've never been mortified as I am now. I kept falling. Even when I climbed the simplest ladder I just kept slipping and finding myself on the ground.Luca on the other hand kept holding back his laughter.
His hands weren't helping either. He kept holding me by the waist, helping me on the first several steps. They were destructive, sending shivers all over my body. I could still feel them even as he sat opposite me, his knees slightly brushing mine under the table. I couldn't tell if he did it on purpose or not. But I guess not since his legs were long and the booth was quite small. He was wearing blue cargo pants, a black vest that showed off his amazing abs and an undone white shirt. He didn't have his ordinary studs on, the black ones that he usually has. Instead he had some silver ones. They looked more like earrings. But they kinda look more hot on him than the other ones. Especially when his hair is tied in a ponytail, leaving some strands laying freely on the sides.

"Is that a challenge?"

His eyes narrowed as he placed his hand on under his chin.

" It depends on whether you are up for it," i smirked.

                                       <>

"Dude! That was sick!" Regina said letting out a hearty laughter. I on the other hand, was at the back seat of Regina's car laughing my hardest that my heart pained.

Regina was seated at the driver's seat and a mortified gloomy Luca sat at the passenger seat his face hidden in his palms.

We had decided to take up a rap challenge and one had to sing the song that was chosen. We wrote six songs, mixed them up and took one each.

Regina took the first bit singing a certain Nicki Minaj's song. She did it quite well since she listens to those kind of songs. The lyrics were to be read from the phone, that is, if one wasn't confided with the lyrics stuck in their head.

Luck wasn't on Luca's side. I watched as he groaned loudly once he read the piece of paper. Godzilla by Eminem FT Juice Wrld.

"You call that singing. Fuck man! You've got some learning to do." Regina mocked.

"That song was a bummer. You guys wrote Eminem of all people. Who does that?" Luca scoffed.

"Oh please. You've been boasting all day long about your incredible skills in rock climbing. Looks like Mr. Perfect isn't perfect after all." I said, laughter still finding it's way up my throat.

"Just open your damn paper." he groaned, looking ahead at the passing cars.

We had already taken our lunch at the diner and settled in the car for the rap challenge.

I took my piece and opened the paper.

" Paint the town red by Doja Cat." I smiled.

"Seriously! Is that even rap?" Luca growled.

"Doesn't matter. Come on babe, prove him wrong." Regina smirked.

She put on the song and I started singing, not needing the lyrics at all. The entire song was plastered at the back of my brain.

I couldn't stop beaming, especially at the rear view mirror as I watch Luca sigh defeatedly.

"Where to?" Regina asked.

                                      <>

Carlos joined as and we headed to the arcade where we forgot time even existed. The fun I was having was beyond my expectations. This three are fucking incredible. Basically, I keep my circle small. I don't have many friends. I share Mia's and Rafael's friends and it finally feels good to have friends who aren't attached to me by some other people.

"We should try Karaoke!" Regina boomed as we left the arcade.

It was already night. The sky was clear with the stars and moon aligned.

My phone started ringing as soon as we reached the parking lot.

Rafael's name came into view. I excused myself and took it.

"Camila?"

It wasn't Rafael's voice.

"Whose this?" I asked.

"It's  Lindsey. I'm over at Cassie's house with Rafael and some of his friends and he's utterly sozzled. Do you think you can come pick him up?" she asked.

Cassie's home? What's he doing there?

"I'm.....sure. Text me the address."

"What's wrong?" Luca asked as soon as I got off the phone, concern reading on his face.

"It's Rafael. His really drunk and.......Can you..."

"Yeah. I'll take you." he answered before I could even finish.

I knew he could sense and see the fear in my eyes and also the shift of moods. He puts his hands at my small back and joined Carlos and Regina who were leaning against Carlos's Mercedes.

"Something came up. I'll take your car." Luca told them.

"What happened? Is everything okay?'' Regina asked,taking my hands into hers.

"Yeah. I'll call you tomorrow."

"Kk. Take care dear." her hug was so comforting and relaxing that I wished I could stay there forever.

She handed Luca her car keys and we walked off towards her car.

A peaceful silence engulfed as we walked towards the car, as he opened the door for me and even as he drove off to Cassie's house. I showed him the address and he just nodded an okay.

There are questions I really needed to ask him. Where had he been the last three weeks? Why hasn't he been racing?

"You okay?" he asked, braking the silence.

"Where have you been for the past three weeks?" I murmured. Well, that sounded better in my head.

"Why? You missed me or something?" he chuckled, his eyes transfixed on the road.

"Huh? You wish!"

A few awkward seconds prevailed until he finally spoke up again.

" I had some business to attend to," he responded his voice sounding distance. "Nothing that should worry you." He added.

"I'm not worried." I lied.

"Yeah ......Sure," I could sense humour in his tone. "By the way, the car is ready." he added.

"What car?" I asked.

"Are you acting dumb or is it that you can't really remember asking Regina if she knows anyone who's renting a vehicle?"

Oh, that.

It's been stressful to get a bus to take me to Hilton's hotel. Some don't head there since the hotel is located at the edge of the city, a place serene and beautiful near a spectacular view of Lake Corna.

I've been catching rides from people. Sometimes Regina comes by, other times Mia, and sometimes I would take a bus which would drop me at the city and I would hire a bicycle.

"I think a yellow Mazda will work for you," he said, pulling up at Cassie's house.

"Hiring that must cost a fortune."

" Nah....For you it doesn't. I mean, since you'll be renting it from me. And still, I don't use it anyways. I'll figure out a way to bring it over at your home," he replied, turning off the engine.

"That will be awesome. Thank you so much." I smiled.

He leaned back at his seat and stared at the grand house before us. Faint hip hop music blared from the house.

" I got your back. Always know that," he sighed, his eyes fixed on the house as if he is contaplating something.That made my heart swell. A painful lump caught in my throat. This feels so good to be true. Having him around has been nothing but comforting.

Before my overwhelming emotions took over, I got out of the car and walked up to Cassie's door. It was answered by the said Lindsey on the second ring and she led me to where Rafael was.

It wasn't a party as I expected. More like a highschool reunion with Rafael's basketball mates, cheerleaders and some bikers. They were all in the living room laughing, singing, talking, cuddling and playing games. The tables were filled with different
snacks and drinks.

Mt heart shattered into one hundred pieces as I saw Cassie sitted on top of Rafael, his hands grazing her bare hips, making her shudder in excitement and lean in more. It was truly shattering and I couldn't stop tears from stinging my eyes, making way for a down fall.

An arm went round my shoulders, grazing my arms reasuarringly. It was Luca. He urged me to continue walking in the room.

Once in the middle, the twelve sets of eyes fell on me and Luca. I quickly brushed Luca's arms off me and walked further to where Rafael was. He had a slight grin on his face as he leaned further on the seat with Cassie still on his lap.

His eyes were slightly red, his spiky hair quite messy and his shirt open all the way to the bottom revealing his bare chest. He's totally sozzled that's for sure. He also had white powder all over his nose. You gotta be kidding me, is this guy high?

"Get up Rafael. Let's get you home," I strained, trying to get rid of the lump growing in my throat.

He only laughed and pulled Cassie closer. The hell.

"Rafael? Please." I pleaded.

"Dude! Get up!" Luca boomed behind me, startling me. The whole group gasp in shock. None of them moving from their seats.

Rafael didn't even move an inch. Instead, a grin kept playing on his face. His eyes trying to stay open as Cassie leaned in and placed a kiss on his jawline, her hands running up his bare chest, up his jaw and........ I couldn't take it anymore, I was quick on my feet running outside the house. What is wrong with me? Why did I come here?

Tears were streaming down my face by the time I got to Regina's car. Of all places he might have gone? Why here? What's up with men being drunk and tied up with their exes?

A couple of minutes later, Luca came back with Rafael struggling to walk beside him, one of his arm draped over Luca. I quickly wiped the tears off my face and opened the back seat for them.

Rafael fell on the seat with a thud and Luca helped him out of his shoes and closed the door.

He came towards where I was standing, practically towering over me an impenetrable look on his face.

"Let's go," he whispered and walked me to the passenger door and opened it for me. Once in, he walked to the other side, got in and drove off Cassie's compound.

"He's very drunk Camila. I don't think he knew what he was doing. He'll probably forget the happenings of tonight by tomorrow," Luca said, his eyes transfixed on the road.

"Why are you siding with him?" I asked getting irritated.

"I'm not! I........" he run his hands frustratedly through his hair and let out a sigh before saying, "I just care about you. I don't like seeing you grow weak just because of a man who doesn't deserve you."  What?

"Excuse me?" I moved my whole body so that I can now face him.

"I.....I....I didn't mean to say that." he stammered.

"You did. You meant every word you said Luca. And you have no right to  say who deserves me and who doesn't. Our relationship is none of your business. And I'm not weak." I boomed.

Rafael who had been asleep the whole time groaned exhaustedly and made himself comfortable.

"I'm sorry," regret in his voice.

"You should be. Pull over." I announced, clearly pissed. Why did he say that? I've just had the best time with him and he simply ruined it with what he said.

"What?" he asked, his eyes glancing around, seeing no residence except from a diner a few yards away.

"Pull over now!" I boomed. I can't be in the same space with him. Not after what he just  said.

He pulled over at the diner and I quickly got off the car without any word. I heard him curse and followed soot stopping me as I was about to open the back seat door.

"Let me take you. Please. I need to make sure you are safe."

"I don't really need Mr. Knight right now. Move." I scoffed.

Without a word, he moved aside and I opened the door, helping Rafael out. He groaned loudly his eyes fluffing open.

"Hey big guy. Hold on to me." I murmured, putting his arm over my shoulder. As soon as he placed them there, my knee lost its strength and we ended up leaning against the car. Luca was quick on his feet, helping Rafael before he could fall.

He dragged him to a near bench and dropped him on it. Practically dropped! Gosh! Did that hurt? Actually I don't care. He deserved what was coming. He went back to sleep.

"Thanks." I said walking over to Rafael before Luca stopped me, his hand grabbing my arm.

"I'm sorry. " he murmured, his hot breath caressing my face. I couldn't dare look up and meet his eyes. They are becoming something more, something I don't want to allow in.

"Camila. Please?" his hands carefully grabbed my chin and forced my eyes on his.

No.

Instead of meeting his eyes, I forced them to look beyond his shoulder.

"I can't.......Please leave us alone." I stammered, moving from his grip and walked towards Rafael.

"Be safe." He murmured before leaving.

I waited until I heard the slum of the  door and as he finally drove off the diner.

My eyes found their way looking at the car as it disappeared.

"Camy?" Rafael moaned,I faced him, giving him all my attention . I squat near him and started wiping the drug on his face " I think I'm gonna throw-"

His vomit splattered all over my clothes.

Urgh! For the love of God!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

118K 8.8K 46
Enemies-to-lovers * Bickering/bantering Boss/employee * Romantic comedy with a HEA He says I'm a hemorrhoid and a massive dark cloud without a silver...
453K 12.9K 56
"I don't want to eat." His eyes narrow a fraction of an inch, but at this point I don't even care if I piss off the great Cavallaro. Last night was...
72.4K 1.2K 39
"You can't avoid me forever Lara" I chuckled "I'm ignoring you, you idiot" "Is it?" he slowly came towards me and pressed my body with his. Now I'm c...
21.6K 553 51
"Kitten!" He said and I opened my eyes. As I looked ahead at the mirror, I could see him leaning so close to me but his eyes were gazing at me throug...