A Bookworm's Journey in the c...

By Galaxycharmer123

Main is an apprentice priestess in the Duchy of Ehrenfest, a small nation between The Kingdom of Blumund and... More

Introduction
Preparations
Massacre in Tempest
Consequences
Discussion
Counterattack
Evolution
Celebration and Training
Man and Monster Summit 1
Man and Monster summit 2
Delay
Daily Life in Tempest

Travelling to Tempest

242 8 5
By Galaxycharmer123

Myne's POV

We had just left tempest and were travelling toward Blumund. It was a vey bad experience there was no safety and monsters frequently attacked us but due to Ferdinand and his guard knight Eckhart we were able to fend of most of them the road was bumpy and we could not sleep well due to the lack of safety someone had to stay awake and Ferdinand and Eckhart did it in rounds so that we were safe. I was felling useless so I decided to to help mom and Tulli in cooking for everyone my recipes were well received and despite being outside of our home with no proper cooking utensils it still tasted very good. 

Just like that a day had passed and we reached Blumund. Ferdinand used a disguise and since security was light we were let through without much fuss. Blumund was a bit better than Ehrenfest in terms of how commoner's lived . Most common people were adventurers and the nobles were not that overbearing like they were in tempest. Ferdinand had someone to meet and we were tasked to find some place to stay. We found an inn with decent beds and each room costed 15 silver coins so we took three room for one day and settled ourselves.

"So what do you think of Blumund benno?" I asked.

"Its better than Ehrenfest in terms of Quality of life the peasent have decent wages and they can make a living by becoming adventurers unlike in Ehrenfest were only nobles are allowed to participate" Benno grumbled to which I nodded.

"Its all around a better place and we have more chances to move up over here than in Ehrenfest" I observed.

"Speaking of which do you want to open business here benno?" I asked.

"Maybe but now as the capital is very high and I need to conduct research into what kind of goods are in high demand plus people should also be able to afford it " he said to which I replied.

"Yes but we can still conduct research how about we go and meet some merchants and trade goods?" I asked 

"Absolutely lets go out now we will leave tomorrow anyway"

"Be careful and come back safely "Mom told.

"I will also come with you Myne!" Lutz exclaimed.

"Fine come and lets research our new market!" I replied cheerfully and we left.  

Ferdinand's POV

I was going to meet Baron Velyard. He is a man of high intelligence and had personally met Rimuru and negotiated a defence pact from him he also got access to tempest medium and high potions which were in high demand regardless of the church's edict that we should not talk or listen to monsters. The market works on the principle of supply and demand and church cant contain these in a world where Might makes right and death is around every corner. Plus it is cheaper than old prices so it is an instant hit. I had travelled to Blumund before and though it was much worse than Ehrenfest before barely above the lower district it was now steadily growing and it was all thanks to tempest. Blumund did not trust the church and betted on the neww rising nation of tempest and it paid of massively, I now understood the importance of this mission even if we cant diplomatically open channels we can still have trade via third parties while also enjoying  the protection of the church this was my new goal.

I arrived to baron Velyard mansion which was relatively humble compared to the nobles mansion in Ehrenfest I thought to myself as I entered.

"Welcome Ferdinand dono to my humble abode I hope your journey was well?"

"Thank you Velyard dono for your hospitality to entertain us today and for letting me ask my questions on Rimuru".

"Of course though I'm not that knowledgeable and hence called Fuze our guild branch manager who knows him more intimately".

"Thank you for your consideration Velyard dono".

We went inside and then sat down the servants prepared us some tea and light snacks. Justus did the taste test while Eckhart stood guard behind me and . After some small talk we went to the business at hand.

"What kind of a person is this Rimuru , I am ashamed to say that since we remain relatively isolated not much information has flowed to us" I asked to which Velyard replied   

"He is a relatively new ruler still learning the string and I did manage to trick him into signing a mutual defence pact which benefited us greatly he was shocked but took his defeat graciously and did not make a fuss I was prepared to increase our aid to them in return for their protection but Rimuru understood the importance of signing a document so he did not raise any questions"

" So he is relatively easy to trick and vey good natured oblivious to schemes ?"

"Absolutely not that was his first official document he signed so he screwed up though he came back at us with a counteroffer of potions and weapons they produced at a relatively cheap price I agreed to it felling bad about the trick I pulled on him but he revealed to us that he has a 99%  pure healing portion able to heal to broken limbs but told that he will only sell medium and high grade potions for now ."

" The trade started relatively small but the goods from there are so much better than the western nations that if we were to break off our relationship and backstab them we will have to pay a very high price and even the commoners may rise up against us so our fate was tied to Tempest whether we liked it or not. "

Ferdinand then realized that that  Rimuru was not a person to be taken lightly. Even though he was fooled once he still came out on top by creating diplomatic relation and forced a Kingdome to be dependent on them solely based on trade.

'This will be more trouble than I thought I need to revaluate him'.

Fuze then decided to speak up to give a word of caution.

"Though Rimuru is relatively friendly you still need to address him as a king the monsters are incredibly devoted to him and any disrespect to him will be highly frowned upon ultimately breaking of any relation you would want with him . Monster society is a society of the strong and Rimuru is the strongest among them."

"I will thank you for your advice."

We then talked about how tempest was like apparently Fuze had visited and told that it is incredibly clean ,there is law and order ,a functioning society, government to administer the region, minister to handle various affairs and also heir own currency called points where people were awarded points based on the work they did. In tempest people were given basic food  healthcare and shelter as basic rights if you wanted more you needed to earn points which you could use to buy services or goods like any currency would they trade in dwarven gold with outsiders but points are used for inside trading as it is the official currency and it could not be replicated as it was completely imaginary and you cant create imaginary points. It is fully based on trust and the monsters had full faith on their leader Rimuru Tempest Chancellor and Leader of The jura Tempest Federation.

I came out of the meeting and revaluated him and came to the conclusion that we need to be more cautious toward him and treat him with the most respect inside like one should a king.

Benno's POV

I was walking the streets with Myne and Lutz and observing the market there were many recreational items being sold over here like food toys instruments etc. This forced me to revaluate my earlier analysis that Blumund was poor apparently the commoners here had as much money as a lay noble in Ehrenfest which came as a huge shock to both me and Myne we thought it would be to difficult to set up shop here as the cost to buy a store here and investing in the business would be high. The loans also were not cheap as well and they had a huge business in sores selling weapons and armour so it was extremely to enter this market I thought as I entered a shop owned by an affluent merchant named myormiles apparently he had a contract with Rimuru so we decided to approach him so that we could learn about the person whom we were visiting.

"Hello would a person named myormiles be here ?"

"I am what do you wish to discuss?"

"Hello my name is Benno a merchant in Ehrenfest and these are my acquaintances Myne and Lutz we came to ask a few questions regarding the ruler of monsters named Rimuru we are going to meet him and hoped you could provide an insight."

"Of course what do you want to know I happen to know him personally and am in fact going there tomorrow".

Benno irked at the statement.

"Would you guide us to tempest we don't know the route and it would help us immensely if could come we will of course pay for your services ".

"Sure I don't mind now about the answer to your second question Rimuru is an incredibly friendly person one you get to know him he had saved my life in Ingrassia and helped me apparently he was there to save some children who were close to their death because their  human body could not handle the excess mana he is willing to negotiate with anyone as long as it will bring him profit and is incredibly kind I my self went here to their town and apparently he is incredibly revered there".

Myne burst up upon hearing this.

"Really he can heal people who have mana problems really you are not joking right".

"Yes he was their teacher and they seemed pretty close. He also told that he had a plan in mind to save them ".

Myne was overjoyed and Lutz was also happy that there was finally a chance to save Myne from the devouring .

"Thank you very much sir thank you" said Myne quiet cheerfully

"If you want I can talk to him regarding your issue" said Myomerlies looking sympathetic at the 7 year old girl.

"Really it would mean the world to me thank you very much".

"You should trust the monsters more you know they are ready to have a talk with you if you are willing I increased my business manyfold by trading with them".

Benno had a contemplative look on his face then replying

"Thank you we will contact you tomorrow and settle at a price"

We then left and Myne was incredibly cheerful at the fact that she will live and not die.

Myne's Pov

I was incredibly happy today . I had finally found a ray of hope to survive and I will stop at nothing to achieve it. I quickly came back to the inn and broke the good news. Mom was tearing up and hugging me.

"Finally we can see a day when we will not fear for your death finally!"

"Yes mom finally we can be together forever more finally".

"yes Myne we will always be together like we always have been" said Tulli with a tear in her eyes.

At this point Ferdinand came back I told him about our talk with Myormiles . He was surprized but told us to hold our horses. 

"Don't go assuming he will provide it to you for free you should be prepared to give something back to him in return not everyone is good natured you should have a plan for all cases and not blindly charge through like you always do" Ferdinand told me as a word of caution.

"I am willing to pay any price as long as I can live with my family plus rimuru is kind so I don't think he will demand anything in return".

"I know but always assume the worst case scenario and plan accordingly".

Ferdinand then stood up and addresses everyone in the room.

" We will be entering the Jura forest tomorrow and this is my word of advice to you whenever you talk about Rimuru talk like you are talking about the king of a country or the duke of our duchy. We can't just tell his name without honorifics and henceforth we will refer to him as Lord Rimuru or His majesty Rimuru as fits his station as king".

"Should we really address him as such he is still a monster my lord" replied eckhart.

Justus chided him by saying

"Monster or no he is still the ruler of all races inside the Jura forest likely possessing more power than our current duchy so we should respect him like we respect the king of Blumund, Dwargon and Ingrassia."

"You are correct Justus henceforth we will address him with honour appropriate of his station".

I nodded deeply and then we went to our rooms to sleep.

3rd Person Pov

Ferdinand ,Myne ,Benno and everyone else met Myormiles and decided that they will play him 7 gold coins for the trip and they started on their journey to tempest. Unbeknownst to them a certain shadow was tailing them ever since they entered Blumund. It was Soei and he had a body double who were in their shadow the entire time. he had a sympathetic look for Myne and decided to inform lord Rimuru about her and the group's visit to tempest.

With this he sent a body double to Rimuru and started tailing the carriage which was going towards Rimuru city capital of the Jura Tempest Federation.

***********************************************************************************************

Hi all this is this the second story and I will release a third story by Sunday after this it will be weekly updates every Saturday or Sunday. Thank you for reading this story , do wite in the comment your thoughts on this part and until next time goodbye.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.2K 444 10
"Confess I loved you from the start" IN WHICH Brady Noon gets bribed to date his former co-star Faye Hart.
11.3K 416 17
There are many kind of fanfics surrounding the idea of getting reincarnating as a something that isn't a slime like dragon or demon or a kid of som...
115K 3.9K 27
If you hear the word reincarnation nowadays, it is usually an untrue fairy tale of being transported into a new world and overcoming the greatest evi...
556K 18K 161
Genre: Space, Doting, Farming, Time travel, Healing Synopsis: Xu Linyue from the 21st century crossing over with the heavenly space soul penetration...