Sean's Sacrifice

By danny_manny

Sean Romanoff. Left all that he knew behind, to start a new life. To be who he desperately desired to be. To... More

Preview
Authors note
TW
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine

Twenty-Two

1.9K 133 14
By danny_manny

Sean's POV

"You look amazing," I breathed out as I watched Truce walk towards me. 

We spent the whole day together, talking, napping, cuddling. It was fucking perfect. He told me all that happened with Dae and how the conversation went. Knowing that she's gay too is fucking surprising. Maybe I'll invest in her acting career. Then he had to leave because he didn't have any nice clothes to wear for tonight. He also decided to pack a bag and bring other clothes with him. 

I had only ever seen him in suits or sweats, but seeing him in dark wash fitted jeans, a red long-sleeve sweater, and a black coat. His hair was freshly flat-ironed and hung around his face perfectly. And it was all brought together with black loafers.

My mate was the hottest man alive.

"I'm dressed normally, what are you talking about?" Truce tried to seem unaffected by my compliment but I saw his cheeks heat up. He went to adjust his coat and that's when I saw a flash of color on his hands.

I reached out and grabbed one and looked down. He painted his nails again. They were black, but they were still gorgeous.

"Is this why you took so long? Your hands look so pretty like this," I whispered as I ran my thumb across his fingers.

I don't know why but something clicked last night. Maybe it was because Yuna was yelling at me to kick it in gear and be the alpha that I was born to be. Even though I feel less than that. I'm no alpha. I just have the blood. But that doesn't mean I can't use it to my advantage. Hence this morning when I was 'so tired' I 'accidentally' found myself cuddling with him.

I didn't feel bad about it at all. It worked.

"You look nice too, I guess." Truce kept his eyes down, and now his cheeks were a bright flaming red. I chuckled at his shyness, I could tell Truce wasn't one to just give compliments so him saying that must have been huge.

"Look at me," I made my voice a little deeper and he immediately listened. Yuna purred in approval. I was still holding his hands in mine as we stood in the doorway of the garage. "You think I look good?"

Truce nodded slowly, and the red on his cheeks spread to his neck. His eyes went from mine and trailed my frame. I was wearing brown pants and a cream-colored sweater. To me I looked regular but whatever Truce was thinking...I guess I didn't.

"You--you always do." Truce shrugged still not looking at me. 

The urge to kiss him grew with each second we stood there. The only thing holding me back was the simple fact that I didn't know how to. I'm sure it's as easy as it looks but I wanted our first kiss to be good. Memorable.

"Come on, we gotta go before Ria calls and yells at me." I reluctantly pulled away and grabbed my keys, the roses I bought, and the bear Truce bought for Milan. I opened the garage and instead of my truck, I decided to drive the Jaguar. 

I walked to the passenger side and opened it for Truce and he just looked at me and rolled his eyes. But I saw the small smile on his face he tried to hide.

"I'll hold her stuff." He grabbed the things and held them as I walked around to the other side and got in.

Since Milan was in an actual Ballet Company, this show was going to be filled to the brim with not only family but others watching. My only worry was that all the people would see Truceson and recognize him and then make him not want to be seen with me in a physical way...I know how humans get about such things. It was weird. 

I started driving and I rested my arm on the center console and drove listening to music. I usually listen to the National Wolf Football League radio on my phone. Turner plays and all of us like to keep up to date on his games even if we can't be there physically to watch him. But I couldn't today with Truce in the car. They talked about our wolf abilities too much for it to sound like regular sports radio. 

From the corner of my eye, I watched Truce look at my free hand and squeeze and unsqueeze his. I could make this much easier for him by grabbing his hand on my own, but I wanted to see if he would.

We were halfway there, and it was starting to look like he wasn't going to...but then at a stoplight. I heard him grumble under his breath and then slide his hand over mine. I immediately locked our fingers together and I saw all the tension leave him.

After another twenty minutes, we made it to the venue with ten minutes to spare. Thank goddess. I couldn't handle Ria throwing a fit. The parking lot was already jam-packed, but I was able to find one somewhat close to the entrance.

"Ready?" I asked Truce as I unbuttoned my seatbelt. 

"I'm--I'm nervous."

"Why?" I squeezed his hand tighter, willing him to look at me rather than outside the window.

"Well, this is like...a huge deal you know? I know Ria and Ty as colleagues, but this is different. You know? I hope they like me." 

It was freaking deja vu, I was just talking with Ty about this and how he felt this way. Part of me wished I would have kissed him this morning so I could kiss him now to ease his fears. 

"Show them the Truce you've shown me. They'll have no choice but to love you." He nodded and finally looked at me. His eyes moved to my lips only for a moment before letting go of my hand. "Let me get your door," I said quickly getting out and rushing to his side.

"Such a gentleman." He teased as he stepped out. Flowers and Bear in hand. 

We walked towards the building side by side, our arms brushing against each other every once in a while. I wasn't one for PDA, but I had no idea if Truce was or wasn't. So I opted to keep my hands to myself.

I texted Ria and she told me she and Ty were already inside waiting for us with the tickets. As we got closer I could see Truce get more and more tense and I could no longer resist. I placed my hand on his lower back as I opened the door. I felt him lean into it as we walked in and his body relaxed.

"It's going to be okay," I whispered and he nodded. 

I found Ria and Ty within seconds. Ty had a fresh retwist and wore jeans and a nice button-up. Ria wore a sleek black dress and her hair was curled.

"Oh! There you are!" Ria yelled once she spotted us. Her heels clicked against the ground as she walked to me and wrapped her arms around my neck pulling me down to her level. My arm was still resting on Truce's lower back, so I reluctantly let go.

She pulled away and then walked to do the same thing to Truce. Ty walked over and gave me a hug but we both held flowers and gifts in our hands.

"Hey Truceson, how's it going?" Ty offered a smile, and even though Truce's face held nothing but a cool and calm demeanor, I could see his nerves behind the mask. I moved to where I was standing right beside him again and I saw him visibly relax. 

"I'm doing well, how are you?" He asked, just as prim and proper as always.

"Sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but we must hurry inside." Ria grabbed Ty's hand and pulled him towards the auditorium.

It took a few minutes, but we finally gave our tickets and found our seats. It was in the middle of the section on the floor and we were able to see the whole stage. It was perfect timing to because once we sat down the lights went dim, the curtain drew open and the show began. From what Ria told me, Milan was one of the leads. I don't know what that meant exactly but either way, I was going to be watching with a smile on my face.

Not to mention as the lights went down, Truce reached over and held my hand firmly in his lap.

*****

"Mi amor! You did muy fanstistico!" Ria yelled as Milan hugged her mom back. She pulled away and instead of going to Ty next, she came right to me. I bent over and picked her up and she hugged me back.

"You were amazing, kid." 

"Thank you, Sean. I'm happy you could watch me!"

"I'm happy too! I brought something for you." I placed her down on her feet. the glitter in her hair sparkling. I handed her the bouquet and I watched as her face lit up.

"These are my favorite!" She yelled as she grabbed them. Her face was bright with a smile.

"And--" I turned to Truce and I grabbed the corner of his coat and lightly pulled him closer to us. "Truceson brought you something too." She looked up at him with expectant eyes and smiled.

"You did great, Milan. You're pirouettes were on point. So elegant." I looked at him stunned that he knew so much, but Milan appreciated the compliment as she grabbed the bear.

"Mr. Cheung, what are you doing here with my Sean, my mom, and Ty?" 

I stifled my laugh at her bluntness, but also I wanted to hear his response.

"Oh, well--" He bent down to her eye level and she walked closer. He had a soft look on his face as he talked to her and I don't know why but it made my chest hum. "Can you keep a secret?" He asked and she nodded quickly, "Well your Sean, is also kind of my Sean."

His Sean...I'm his Sean. 

"Really?" Milan perked up and looked between us excitedly.

"Really, really." Ty and Ria looked between the both of us. Their faces held amusement and it was obvious they were impressed by Truce and his admission to Milan.

"So is my Sean your boyfriend?" 

Truce stood at the question and smirked at her before answering, "Almost,"

"Oh before I forget Sean, Tino called me,"  I knew giving my Uncle Tino Ria's number was going to bite me in the ass later. But he insisted that he be in contact with one person I was friends with here. So I gave in, and the two of them are the best of friends I guess. "He knows that Sloan spoiled the surprise, but we will be having the party at the coffee shop Saturday night. So I had Tommy take you off the schedule."

"Party? What party?" Truce asked stepping closer to me. I inwardly groaned...knowing I was about to get into some serious trouble.

"Oh! Sean, how can you not tell him? Typical. Sean's cumpleanos is next weekend. And his family is coming to celebrate."

"Oh, I didn't know that's why they were coming..." He trailed and raised a brow at me. Waiting for my explanation.

"I was going to tell you, tonight. I just didn't think it was important." I told him truthfully, "I don't really celebrate my birthday." Truce squinted at me but politely nodded. Which could only indicate that he was going to talk to me about it later.

"Either way, you must come, Truceson."

"Of course, I'll be there. I wouldn't miss it."

"Okay, let's get out of here and head to the restaurant." 

I knew I was going to have some explaining to do tonight. I had a feeling Truce was already going down the drain with his thoughts. Probably thinking I didn't tell him because I didn't want him there. When it was exactly the opposite...I of course wanted him there but did HE want to be there?

Guess I'm about to find out...

________________________________________________________________________________

Hey everyone, I know I haven't been posting, but this is for a reason. I said before that I was currently working on a book that I wanted to either self-publish or get published, so because of that, that is where my focus is at the moment. 

I don't know when I'll go back to posting regularly, but when I find the time to write on here, I will. But I don't know when that will be, so I won't make any promises. So I will be posting the chapters I do already have prewritten sporadically until I can put my full attention back on this story and characters.

Love you guys!

Let me know your thoughts...

Comment, vote, and Follow

Until the next...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 44.2K 40
''Dude! Let go!'' I yell, my voice muffled by the wall of flesh smashing my face. My one arm was still being held secure in the guy's grip and my oth...
6.7M 228K 51
"You shouldn't have called me a dog; I'll make you regret that. Prepare yourself "Sparky" because when we get home I'll make you beg." His eyes were...
7.5K 331 12
# 2nd Place Scarlet Awards Nico & Nox ------------------------------ Nico was orphaned at a young age and raised by a few people who showed more kind...
369K 16.4K 65
【INCLUDES MATURE SCENES, READ AT OWN RISK】 Weylyn only wanted his freedom but somehow, just when he was on the brink of finding it, he ends up in an...