Teddy Bear // Junhao

By chinalineslut

During a storm, Minghao is Jun's teddy bear. More

Ground-To-Cloud
Intracloud
Anvil Crawlers
Bolt form the Blue
Sprites and Jets
some shitty lightning type idk where i found these names

7

28 0 0
By chinalineslut

(a/n) almost ten years since i started this fanfiction and four since i last updated it. my life and the way i view the world, not to mention my writing style, have changed drastically. however, i was reading back on the last chapters and i realized i shouldn't give up on my writing. i don't remember how i wanted to end this, but hopefully as i write it'll come back to me

bag in hand, junhui gently opened the door to his apartment and sauntered in. 

'honey! darling! is that you?!' soonyoung called from the couch.

'the two bottles we have already weren't enough for you?' junhui mumbled. he knew better than to actively argue with soonyoung in this state. not because he was afraid of soonyoung; it was more like-

'junhuiiiii you ass roll up the window'  soonyoung slurred. when junhui offered to drive him home from the bar, it occurred to him that he'd never been around his classmate while intoxicated. 

'the windows are up, see?'  he knocked on the glass and  pulled on the tab. 

'i don't believe you' he pouted. 'hold on is this- this song is my fucking jam let's go!' he grew louder as he turned up the radio.

as he walked into the room he started to realize exactly how drunk soonoyung was.

'jesus dude you fucking reek.' junhui said as he turned the corner and handed the bottle to soonoyung.

'ohmygod!' soonyoung gasped for as much air as he could. 'what's wrong-' 'i didn't know they made grapefruit flavor!' 'oh.' 

'so did you run into your boyfrienddd?' soonyoung grabbed junhui's shoulder and started shaking him, much to junhui's annoyance. 

'i went to the liquor store, not the convenience store dummy.' junhui lied as he began to peel soonyoung off his bicep. 

'please darling! share this drink with me! for love!' soonyoung declared as if it were one of the most profound statements he's ever made. 

junhui considered it for a second. he's certainly had his fun with drinking— more than enough in fact. when you're in college, there's not much else to do except for, well, study, but there's a reason junhui never finished college. soonyoung held up a second empty shot glass that junhui did not recall seeing when he first got home. he clinked glasses with his roommate. bottoms up.

minghao was silently losing his mind. text after text he sent to mingyu.

minghao: bestie you will never believe what just happened

minghao: you whore once you finish your shift meet me at the playground again

minghao: wait when do you get off anyway?

minghao: babes its been like three hours i know the cafe is closed

did what just happen really just happen?  he needed to tell someone or have some proof that his experience was nothing short of noteworthy. he opened the twitter app and began composing a post, but before he published it, he felt some sort of embarrassment. what if the poor guy sees the post? today he was nice and actually kind of normal, what would he think of minghao? he deleted the aforementioned post and simply sent  'damnnn it's hella dead tonight' out into the ether. he sighed, put his phone down, and tried to subdue the longing he now found present within him.

the next morning, minghao awoke to several text messages from mingyu. 

mingyu: omg sorry i was busy lmao why are you so obsessed w me

mingyu: don't tell me this is about the mlp guy

mingyu: lichrally if mr. beanie even said more than iced americano please i would cry tears of joy

mingyu: also hate to break it to u luv but cafe macchiato is not a thing ily

okay, unnecessary, but mingyu has a point. he's lucky to have so much excitement in his life. i mean, how much play do you think a gay twenty-something with two friends gets? not that junhui was exectly "play", but it was certainly better than the delusion mingyu was putting himself through. his friend was tall, muscular, and, without hyperbole, devastatingly handsome (in other's words, not his). not only could mingyu easily snub his crush if he wanted to, he could get any girl or guy he wanted (perks of being bisexual). despite all this, minghao hasn't heard of any other romantic pursuits for months. maybe mingyu is onto something with this delusion.

although he worked late last night, the gracious and merciful managers at his job scheduled him a 9am shift the next morning. as mingyu predicted, nothing fun happens during the day. 'one pack of marlboros' here and 'gas prices keep going up' there. same scripts over and over. although, luckily he had something to daydream about and a story to tell tonight.

9am. junhui's alarm was sounding throughout the whole apartment. it only woke him up when he heard soonyoung yell from the other room 'turn that shit off!'

junhui shot up in bed, as the alarm was his last call before he would be late for work. he haphazardly began changing his clothes when he realized it's his day off. he took a deep breath, finished undressing, and hit the shower. 

though he didn't drink much last night, he still had a splitting headache and needed something to help him wake up. after his shower, he opened the cabinet to take out some coffee grounds only to discover he's all out. soonyoung typically has some energy drinks on hand in the fridge... except for today it seems. junhui could always pick some up at the convenience store. but it's his day off, he has time and god knows he deserves a little treat. he threw on some dark jeans and a black tee shirt and headed out to his favorite cafe.

'just one regular coffee, please. no room for cream.' junhui told the barista. within a few seconds, the mug was in his hand and he was on his way to his favorite seat, just to find there's someone in it already. he was about to find somewhere else to sit when the other cafe dweller acknowledged his presence.

'i'm sorry, were you sitting here?' he joked. 'i usually do, but i see it's taken, enjoy.' junhui managed with a fake smile.

'no worries, how about you take a seat.' the stranger said as his eyes gestured to the seat opposite him. 

'no, i really don't want to intrude-' 'intrude? hardly. when i'm reading i don't notice a thing around me. so please, feel free.' junhui wasn't sure if it was his dark eyes or his seductive voice but it felt wrong to decline his offer (it felt wrong to accept it too). 

in the middle of his shift, minghao's phone began to buzz over and over. out of irritation he opened his lockscreen to find mingyu's call of distress.

mingyu: i'm fockin fumin

mingyu: some slutbag is talking to mr. beanie

mingyu: literally i stg he is verbally making out with MY boyfriend

mingyu: i should've poisoned his coffee homewrecker

mingyu: i am a single mother now :(

mingyu: mr. beanie come back the kids miss you :(

'so, you a kafka fan?' both the stranger and junhui looked up. there stood a tall barista they  recognized who had been wiping down tables.

'it's actually murakami,' the cafegoer replied, half-closing his book. 'the title is just kafka on the shores.' the barista looked a tad sheepish and nodded silently before going back to wiping other tables. junhui went back to minding his own business before another interjection.

'he's cute, isn't he?' the stranger muttered without looking up from his book. for a moment, junhui looked puzzled until his company shot a knowing glance right past junhui's shoulder.

'oh... i suppose...' junhui tried to remain cordial. the guy was handsome no doubt, but junhui hasn't felt himself preoccupied with the notion of finding romance lately. typically there's not much opportunity. he was never quite the romantic; sure, he's had relationships here and there, but he'd say he's a playboy. always keep them at arm's length. don't take it seriously. don't let them see you cry. he says he's not the heartbroken type. far, far away in his subconscious is a thought he's trying not to let in. as if he indulges, everyone will view him differently and see him for what he really is. after all, what's worse than a young homosexual who wants love?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

364K 13.1K 57
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Ellie Sloan reunites with her older brother when her hospital merges with his jackson avery x ellie sloan (oc) season six ━ season se...
1.3M 56.9K 103
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
138K 15.7K 22
"𝙏𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛, 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡. 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙞𝙩" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
451K 30.7K 46
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...