Unexpected Love [Kawasumi]

By Kunai_san

After 4 years of living together, Kawaki began to feel "something more" towards Sumire. At first, the girl sh... More

Author's note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Special
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13

Chapter 10

191 5 2
By Kunai_san

Sumire's POV: ( little flashback )

No matter how hard I work, I can't erase the sight of Kawaki covered in blood from my mind. I've been losing sleep over the past three months just because work kept my busy mind busy with private matters. I live under the same roof with a woman who forced me to lie to take revenge on her "lover", and with a traitor who clearly has feelings for me. Escaping from this sick reality is all I have left. Unfortunately, even that hasn't helped for some time now. I'm tired, really tired, of constantly dwelling on this incident. Eida made it clear to me to stay away from him - but I just can't, not after what we sent together. Our relationship is... very complicated. I won't explain it better because it's hard for me to say anything other than this statement. Actually, everything that happened before doesn't matter now because I had to lie to Kawaki. You don't even know what I went through during these three months. Every day was a torture, not to mention the fact that looking at their faces hurt more every day. I saw from Kawaki that he was angry, it doesn't surprise me - I would be angry too if someone lied to me the way I did. Even he didn't deserve such treatment. I remember crying, stroking his hair as he slept, knowing that when he woke up, I would have to tell him that it was all just a dream. I wouldn't have had the courage to say something like that to him, and I honestly don't know how I did it. As he slept, he writhed in pain, mumbling names - including mine. My heart broke into pieces when I saw it, I don't even know why. Just knowing that someone is suffering is hard for me, but after what Kawaki did to Boruto-kun, I shouldn't feel sorry for him, right? I don't know what to think about all this. I can't tell anyone about it - Sarada literally hates him, and Eida, despite her promise to Boruto, would hurt me just for trying to say that I like Kawaki more than the tenant. I felt as helpless as a child in the fog, and despite the tears shed, nothing felt better.

The last time I cried like that was when Boruto left Konoha, what an unpleasant deja vu.

( flashback ended )

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sarada's birthday is coming up and I still haven't found anything for her. Because of this whole "incident" from a few years ago, we have become closer, and I can call her my best friend. I feel uncomfortable with this because Sarada's real best friend is ChoCho, but she lost her memories of Boruto-kun, Sarada became distant from her. It's sad, but I can understand her decision, plus she's quite short-tempered. Despite this, I admire her very much. She works very hard on herself, and has made incredible progress in her skills - especially since she has unlocked the Mangekyu Sharingan - the strongest form of her clan's dojutsu. From what I know, and what we learned in ninja history at Konoha Academy, the Uchiha clan was the only clan with this dojutsu, and the sharingan itself is very powerful and has many secret skills. Sarada-chan is very lucky that she was born with an innate dojutsu and a talent that I, for example, do not have at all. I believe that he has great potential, and maybe in the future he will achieve his greatest dream of becoming Hokage. It's admirable what she's accomplished. I want to be like her...

I was walking the streets of Konoha looking for a birthday present for Sarada-chan. I have no idea what she might like or what would be useful to her. Truth be told, I'm the kind of person who likes to give others gifts that are useful, not just pretty or gathering dust on the shelf. But what could she wish for? I won't give her just money - it's very rude - so I have to come up with something creative. Exercise equipment is out of the question, it wouldn't be appropriate - maybe a set of new kunai? No, that's a bad idea too. Boy, finding the right gift is harder than I thought. Sarada-chan's birthday is March 31st, so I don't have much time - only a few days. By the way, a thought occurred to me... when is Kawaki's birthday? Maybe I left it out and he didn't mention it? Why am I even thinking about this?! I shouldn't be thinking about him... again. But it's so difficult, I would like to know how to do it myself! Kawaki has been quite... close to me for some time now. We spend a relatively long time together, even if our "spending time" consists of me being very absorbed in some activity and him secretly observing what I'm doing. I think it's cute, especially when I cook something - and he can't hide his interest in food. He has a cool approach, and a really sharp temper - but he seems a little calmer around me. If only this whole situation were less complicated...

Anyway, apart from my overthinking, I should pull myself together and find something satisfactory for her.

-------------------------------

Two hours have passed and I still haven't found anything to give her as a gift. I was really tired, and when I wanted to go back, I decided to go to a haberdashery to buy some wool. For some time now I have been learning how to crochet and how to deal with fabric and needles in general. With my earnings and certain... plans - I have to save on many things, and the ability to repair old things is always useful. Some time ago I sewed Himawari a sunflower on a T-shirt, and I see that she liked it very much. But on my way back, I entered the store where I was greeted by the older woman who runs this small business. Of course, I also greeted her politely.

- Are you looking for something specific ma'am?

- Yes, can I get yarn here?

- Of course - she said, bending down and pulling out a basket of colorful yarns from under the counter - which kolor would you like to get, young lady?

I was lost in thought for a moment, and this kind old woman took out balls of yarn, arranging them in rows on the counter. They were all very nice, and honestly if I could, I would take them all.

- One ball costs 380 yen, but when you buy 5 there is a discount of 760 yen.

- Really, only 760 yen?

- Yes - she said, smiling at me.

- Okay then, I'll get 5 then - I also smiled kindly.

- Which colors catches your attention?

I looked at the yarns again, wondering which colors I would like to use. They were all beautiful, and definitely each of them would apply to so many things, why is it so hard to make such a simple decision?! It took me a while until one of them finally caught my attention - it was a dark purple thick yarn, rolled into a very large ball. I don't know why, but when I looked at her I thought of Kawaki. This color would perfectly highlight his graphite eyes. Without a moment's hesitation, I took two balls of this purple yarn, and from the remaining three balls to choose from, I took a red one and one large yellow one. The elderly saleswoman seemed happy with my choice, and with a smile, she carefully put them all into a paper bag.

- While I'm watching you, young lady, would you like to take a look at some handmade jewelry? You look so modest.

- Oh? Yes, that would be nice. What kind of jewelry is it?

- My granddaughter loves making her own earrings and necklaces, she is very talented. Lately, he's been obsessed with making jewelry inspired by ancient clan markings, haha - she laughed under her breath, placing a small jewelry box on the counter.

As soon as she opened them, I saw rows of earrings - which were literal symbols of the clans. There was probably the most widely known symbol of the red vortex in Konoha - the Uzumaki clan - but also older ones, such as Hyuuga, Nara, Akimichi, Inuzuka and... that's when I saw them. They were fan-shaped earrings with a red top and a white base - identical to the mark Sarada-chan had on her sweatshirt. They were perfect.

- How much would these fan earrings cost?

- Which-? Oh! You mean these Uchiha ones?

I knew I saw this symbol before, amazing.

- Yes, exactly Uchiha ones.

- Well, these ones are the most expensive from all I have. I'm actually shocked that you want to buy them, young lady.

- I'm not really suprised ma'am, I know the reason - but can you tell me how much will it be?

- It's 5,685 yen.

In fact, they are quite expensive - but I can live with it. I'll take an extra shift and everything will be fine.

- I'll get them.

- Really? That's unexpected but, of course. Should I wrap them nicely and decoratively?

- That would be very kind of you ma'am, they'll be a present for my friend.

The old lady was obviously surprised by my choice, but I could see that she was happy that someone bought them. They must have waited a long time for their future owner, judging by her reaction. Meanwhile, the cashier put them in a small box and wrapped it with a white ribbon, tying it in a bow. She then put the box in her bag and counted up all my purchases.

- In totall it will be 6,500 yen (with tax).

- Sure, here - I handed her a few bills that I took out of my wallet.

- And here's your change. Thank you for purchasing in my store, please visit again!

- I sure will! Thank you too!

I took the bag with all my belongings and, saying goodbye to the old woman, I left the haberdashery. I was really happy to find something original for Sarada, and something related to her clan. Now the symbol of the Uchiha clan is almost nowhere to be seen, only on tombstones and history books... It's sad, but I hope she'll like them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I returned home around 4 p.m. As always, I took off my shoes and put them in their special place. Later, I went to the living room, from which I could hear the sounds of the TV - more specifically, Eida's favorite series. When I got there, my intuition did not disappoint me, because Eida was sitting on the couch covered with a blanket, holding the TV remote control in one hand. Apart from her, there were Daemon and Himawari, who were playing some board game. Honestly, it's quite an unusual sight because these two are constantly arguing with each other. Despite this, they were apparently so bored that they managed to communicate. I walked down the steps, still holding the paper shopping bag in my hand.

- Hello guys, I'm back - I said, and they turned they heads twards me. 

- Oh, hello Sumire-san! I didn't expected from you to came back earlier from work today. 

- Same, is there any special event? - Daemon asked, with a smirk. 

- Well - I said, walking behind the other sofa and sitting on its back - today was my day off, it's Sunday. 

- Why would you waste your day off shopping? - Eida asked, kinda confused. 

- I was looking for a present for Sarada's birthday. Even if she doesn't celebrates it that much, I wanted to give her something. 

- Ow, that's really kind of you, Sumire - Eida nooded, smiling at me. 

- What's in this bag? Did you bought any food? 

- Daemon, that was rude - the ocean haired woman said, correcting her brother. 

- Oh, sorry big-sis... 

- I also bought yarn - I said, breaking the unwanted sytuation. 

- Yarn? And what will you make of it? Can you show me how? - Himawari asked, looking inspired. 

- Of course I can, - I said, smiling calmly - I plan to make it... a scarf. 

Believe me, it was difficult for me to think of anything that could be crocheted with yarn. I didn't want to spoil this young girl's joy. 

- Wow, that's interesting. Could you do something for me sometime? 

- Sure, Eida-san. 

I got up from the back of the couch and went to a small cabinet from which I took out a small wooden box. Inside there are crochet hooks of various sizes, some threads and needles. Back again, only this time comfortably, I sat on the couch, placed the box on my lap, and took one large ball of purple yarn out of the bag. Himawari sat next to me, looking at my every move. I started crocheting. I really like doing this because the repeated activity is very relaxing. Then I can drift away, immerse myself in my own thoughts and forget about everything around me - and all worries stop, even for a moment. This does not require any deep concentration, but it is very effective. When I was younger, I often thought about Boruto and how I would give him a handmade hat or scarf, but as you well know, I never did that. I was too afraid that he wouldn't accept it - but in hindsight I know that I was just stupid. He would definitely accept it. But now, I feel something different. Instead of the image of Boruto's face, I see Kawaki... despite everything that happened between us, a part of me still likes him... likes him a lot. If it weren't for Eida's decision and her sick obsession with him... maybe he would have given me a chance? God, what am I even thinking about? But I can't help it. I like thinking about him, especially when he looks at me with those eyes - it's like he wants to look at me for hours... Should I be worried about this? No, this feeling is quite nice. This feeling is a reflection of how much I would like to be noticed by others, to be special to someone. He makes me feel special, even though I don't even know if he thinks of me that way. But I know that he is not indifferent to me, which is a small consolation. Sometimes when I look into his eyes, I feel the need to hug him. Even he, the person who deprived Boruto of a normal life - even he didn't deserve such a lie. How could I agree to this? I guess I'm really no longer myself...

As the hook was making another loop, I looked out of the corner of my eye at Himawari - who seemed to be feeling sad. 

- Himawari-chan? Are you okay? - I asked worried. 

- Yeah, yeah - it's just.... well...- she tried to say something but stopped. 

I put the crochet hook and yarn aside and looked at her. She had tears in her eyes, poor child.

- My mom... she had the same look on her face as yours when she was knitting something. Dad claimed it was because she was doing it for the person she loved... 

She wiped the tears from her face, laughing through the pain. I feel very sorry for her... 

- Do you want to hug me? - I asked, moving my arm welcomely. 

Himawari nodded in agreement, still holding back tears. She moved closer to me, wrapping her arms around my waist and resting her head on my chest. I placed my hand on her head, stroking her hair, and my other hand on her cheek. I felt her shaking with fear, which probably resulted from the loss of her parents. I must admit that she is a strong girl because she can cope with such a heavy trauma. Despite this, she is still a child and needs to be supported. I stopped stroking her hair for a moment and grabbed the blanket with my hand, wrapping it around her. Then my hand returned to stroking her soft hair. 

- It's okay, I'm here for you - That's the only thing I could do. 

- Thank you... Sumire-san.... You're so kind. 

Let her cry. It's the only thing I could do for her. Sometimes it is worth just giving vent to emotions and allowing ourselves to cry out all the grief we have in our hearts. We are just humans with sensitive souls that are easy to break. As much as possible, I tried to calm her down, reassure her that everything was fine, and generally make her feel safe. I looked up at Eida, who seemed moved. She made a face that said something like, "Kakei, you don't have to do this. You're hurting her even more by making your actions like her mother's," but I don't care. A little support, tenderness and care will definitely help her. I replied with a face that literally said, "She needs it Eida-san, I have to help her." She nodded back at me and went back to watching her show while Daemon fell asleep on the couch. Besides, not only did he fall asleep, Himawari did too, still cuddled up to me. Poor child, she must have been through a lot in these four years, it's hard to imagine... 

I hope things will get better for her and Kawaki. 

TO BE CONTINUED 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

(3,024 words) 

Hello Everyone! 

Thank you so much for 2k vives! And btw. I'm sorry that this chapter was making for so long - art school is literally a pain in the ass. I wish you enjoyed this chapter! 

"See" you later! Take care of yourselfs :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 2.8K 26
"I forgive you." Boruto was shocked. "On one condition." "Of course." "You said you would do anything, right?" Sarada asked already knowing the answe...
17.5K 748 24
It's been years since Sasuke was in Konoha. He left with a burden that he couldn't face with his daughter. He finally returns to see that so much has...
47K 469 18
"Sarada you're pregnant.... with twins" I, Uchiha Sarada is pregnant with Uzumakie Boruto's babies. But he has a girlfriend. Will Sarada tell Boruto...
11.9K 302 31
This is about and new student named Mitsuki, the first time Boruto set his eyes on a new student his heart started to race, He fell in love so easily...