A King and His Queen (Tifa x...

By Megoz7

It has been years since Y/n had last seen his childhood friends. Now as an adult, he returns to his homeland... More

Ch.1: Reunion
Ch.2: Errand Boys and Girl
Ch.3: The Jessie Job
Ch.4: Tunnels, Tunnels, and More Tunnels
Ch.6: The Flower Girl
Ch.7: Wall Market Pt.1
Ch.8: Wall Market Pt.2
Ch.9: Spooks and Sewers
Ch.10: All Comes Crashing
Ch.11: Survivors
Ch.12: Before the Rescue
Ch.13: Into the Building
Ch.14: Upper Crust
Ch.15: The Lab
Ch.16: Destiny's Crossroads
Ch.17: New Horizons
Ch.18: The Calm Before...
Ch.19: ...The Storm
Ch.20: Together
Ch.21: Union (Nearly)
Ch.22: Headaches and Heartaches
Ch.22: Trial of Titan
Ch.23: Trial of Ramuh

Ch.5: Mako Reactor 5

418 28 3
By Megoz7

"So, did you guys bump into any giant robots like that in Reactor 1?" Asked Tifa. "Yeah, except the bastard looked like a scorpion." Answered Barret. "Speaking of which, what would you say that last one looked like?" "Huh? Uh... well..." "Looks dead now." Cloud put in.

Upon passing through a service tunnel, the group found themselves standing before an elevator. "Lo and behold." Said Barret as he walked onto the platform. Tifa followed and Y/n followed after her. Cloud pushed a red button and started the elevator. "Just so you know, it's not gonna get any easier." Warned Barret, mostly directing at Y/n. "Wasn't expecting it to." He responded.

The platform stopped and the group walked forward. "Through here and it's straight to Reactor 5." Said Barret.

Tifa sighed. "You make it sound so simple." Barret chuckled. "Only cause it is. That there is the reactor support pillar." Barret said, pointing at a pillar just a few ways away. "So what's the plan?" Asked Cloud. "After plan E comes F,G, and H." Cloud scoffed. "I though E was the last." Tifa chuckled and shook her head. "This here is Section F." "We cut through Section G and head for H." Added Barret. "A cargo platform in H will get us closer to the reactor." Continued Tifa. "Biggs should be somewhere over there." Tifa looked over the railing and onto the earth below. "Looks like the sun's going down on Midgar." Barret checked as well. "Right. Double time. We got a date with a reactor."

The party pressed forward on the journey for the reactor. Along the way, more Grashtrikes erupted from their nests and attacked. Cloud was easily able to cut down two, as Barret filled once with lead. Tifa punched a Grashtrike and kicked it towards Y/n who slice it in half with his Engine Blade.

After dealing with the pests, the group took a small break. "We're still in G, right?" Asked Barret as he looked at the maze of catwalks ahead of them. "Yeah." Tifa nodded. "And to reach Mako Reactor 5, we need to go through Section 5." "But there weren't any connecting paths from G to H." Informed Y/n. "Me either. The only other route I can think of would be..." Tifa lead the boys along the catwalk and pointed over to the wall. "Along the wall." Said Cloud. "Up for giving it a try? It might not work out, but it's the only idea I've got." "It's not a bad one." "So, we're shooting for those giant fans over there? At least we got a clear landmark to guide us." Said Barret.

"Are they ventilation fans?" Asked Y/n as they continued forward. "Keeping the plate's air clean by pushing the smog into the slums." Informed Barret. "Whole system's designed to make shit roll downhill faster." "This is all messed up." "Heh. Why you think I despise Shinra so much?"

Grashtrikes, along with new piranha like creatures with wings knows as Blugu, began to attack the group. Y/n warped towards a Blugu and cleaved it in two. Cloud blocked a Grashtrike's stinger before imapling its torso. Tifa backflip kicked a Blugu and followed it into the air to slam it back down with a dive kick. Barret used his charge to explode the last two Grashtrikes.

"Hey, look." Tifa pointed at a pipe along the wall. "I think we can use that pipe to get across." "Sure looks that way." Agreed Cloud. Barret groaned. "I feel no fear. Yeah. No fear. No fear. No fear." He repeated to himself as he climbed a ladder onto the pipe. "Hey guys, uh, you know these fans a really loud and-" "You afraid of a little wind, big guy?" Y/n teased. "Hell no! I'm just worried that your bony asses will get blown off the side and shit." Y/n and Cloud shared a look and smiled to themselves. "Enough! We gotta keep moving!" Tifa interjected. "Yes ma'am." Y/n said as he took the lead. "If it makes you feel better, I'll go first."

One by one, the group followed behind Y/n who walked along the pipe towards another catwalk. Tifa took a breath of relief. "Made it in one piece." Barret sighed. "Think that took a couple years off my life." "Wuss." Cloud muttered.

"Section H is just up ahead!" Said Tifa. "Slow and steady, guys." "And that's our objective?" Asked Cloud. "The cargo platform?" "Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the one." "This is it." Began Barret. "The cargo platform Biggs was talking about. Let's not keep him waiting."

Cloud nodded and began to fiddle with a console. Barret stood around, waiting for him to finish. Y/n took a seat at a nearby bench, along with Tifa who followed. "How's your back?" Asked Tifa. "Not broken, so I should be good." Tifa sat down next to Y/n. "I got really scared when you weren't getting up. I thought to myself, no, you just got back. I can't lose you again so soon." She looked at Y/n with sadness and worry in her eyes. "You got hurt because you're here with us, because you wanted to help me. It's my fa-" "It's not your fault Tifa." Y/n interrupted. "I'm here because I want to help you in a cause you believe in. I know what we're doing is dangerous, but I wouldn't trade this adventure for anything else, because I'm doing it with you." Tifa blushed. "O-Oh. Is that how you feel?" She asked, looking down at her hands. "That... and more."

Before Tifa could respond, Barret walked over to the pair. "Platform's ready. We should get moving." Y/n nodded and stood up. He extended his hand to Tifa who smiled at took it. "Let's do this." Y/n said with determination. "Right." The group boarded the platform. "So long underplate." Chuckled Barret. "Hate you too." "Wonder what the reactor's like." Said Tifa. "Dark. Dismal. A slaughterhouse where they butcher the planet."

Y/n leaned against the railing. "Damn, Shinra really like to abuse the planet don't they? No wonder you hate em." "You should too, shit, they're the reason Midgar is how it is." "But do they affect the rest of the world as much as they do here? I mean, where I'm from, I never even heard of Shinra until coming here to Gaia." "Where you're from? That mean you're not from here?" "Yep. I'm from Lucis, more specifically the region of Cavaugh." Barret was stunned. "So you're telling me, this whole time you're from the Eos continent?" "So?" "I heard that Eos is a beautiful continent filled with luscious forests, clean water, and picturesc landscapes." "I guess? I wouldn't know much since I've never been allowed outside of Insomnia until now." "Hmph. I guess city boy wasn't used to how we slum folk live, huh?" "It was a shock, but I don't care about where you live, rather the person you are." Barret suddenly burst into laughter. "And that's why I like you."

The platform stopped and the group pressed forward. "You hear that guys?" Began Barret. "It's the reactor calling us. Beckoning us, saying, bring it on, Avalanche." Y/n chuckled while Cloud rolled his eyes and Tifa shook her head.

"Interuders detected." Announced a P.A. voice. "Engaging counter measures." Small sentries appeared from the floor and fired missiles. Barret fired rounds at each, causing them to explode before reaching their targets. Y/n, Cloud, and Tifa casted lightning spells at the machines, causing them to explode. More sentries appeared on the nearby walls and fired. Cloud blocked the rays as did Y/n. Barret sent a charge rocketing towards a sentry while Tifa destroy the final one with a lightning spell. "Okay, Biggs should be waiting for us up ahead." Said Barret.

After climbing a ladder and passing through a utility room, the four headed towards a door where Cloud suddenly brought out his sword and unknowingly pinned Biggs against the wall. "Mercy!" He groaned. "Wait, Cloud?" The blonde sighed as he hoisted his blade against his back. "Where's Jessie and Wedge?" "Report." Barret directed, ignoring Biggs question. "Topside's going nuts after some terrorist jumped off a train." "Think they'll cause us trouble?" Y/n asked. "I think he means us." Cloud answered. Y/n smiled and shook his head. "You think?" He asked sarcastically. Biggs chuckled. "Nice and quiet here, though. So quiet I had no trouble securing your route into the reactor." He pointed at a vent. Barret pumped his fist and smiled. "You magnificent son of a bitch, bring it in!" He tried to hug Biggs who swiftly ducked under his arms. "Come on man." Barret muttered to himself. "So, where are the others?" Biggs asked Tifa. "Jessie got hurt and couldn't make it." "Bad?" "Not so bad she couldn't rope in this guy." Said Barret referring to Cloud. "Thanks for stepping up." "It's a job." Cloud simply responded. "Worked out pretty good, you picking that train you did. While Shinra scours Sector 4... you can waltz right on into Sector 5. It's a bit of a squeeze, but it ought to get you where you need to go." Barret examined the vent. "Little dark and foreboding for my taste." "Beggars can't be choosers. Oh, and you'll be needing your grappling guns of course." Biggs handed Tifa a sack of supplies. "All set. "Ready to take on the world and them some!" Barret exclaimed. "Make sure everyone gets clear, okay?" Tifa asked. "Will do!" With that, Biggs took his leave.

"Okay y'all, keep your grappling hooks close." Barret said as he was handed one by Tifa, then Y/n, then Cloud. "Secure em to your belt or whatever so you don't lose em. When we're done, we'll be using these babies to get down safe. All of us." "Got it/Aye aye." Said Cloud and Y/n as Tifa nodded in agreement.

The team passed through the vent and entered a maintenance room. Barret took in the smell. "That's it. That's the smell. This place reeks of mako." "Looks like we made it." Said Tifa as she looked at their way forward. "Layout's the same as Reactor 1?" Barret asked Cloud. "Yeah. We're near mako storage." "Let's move."

"I'm not seeing a way down." Said Barret. Tifa looked over a railing and found a pipe running down towards another floor. "Could work." Agreed Barret as Tifa jumped over the railing and slid down. "I'm next." Barret followed, then Y/n, and finally Cloud.

"Kinda scary, huh?" Tifa asked her friends as they landed on the lower floor. "S'all in the mind." Answered Cloud. "Until you go splat." Y/n retorted earning a nod from Cloud. "True." He agreed.

"Hey, check it out." Barret said as he pointed at a machine.

"They sic this big boy on us, we'd be screwed six ways from Sunday." "Mechanized units like these were designed to take out giant monsters." Informed Cloud. "Probably a new prototype." "Think we'll be their lab rats?" Asked Y/n. "I hope not." Answered Tifa.

With little resistance from Shinra, the group easily made their way down to the reactor. "So, it was like this last time?" Tifa asked Barret and Cloud. "Little more chaotic, ain't that right?" Said Barret. "Yeah." Cloud responded.

As they neared the reactor, Cloud suddenly grasped his head and groaned. "Cloud?" Y/n turned to his friend who whinced. "Hey! SOLDIER boy!" Barret shouted. Cloud came to and looked at Tifa with worry. "Tifa." "What?" Cloud shook his head. "Nothing. Come on." Y/n and Tifa shared a look of worry for their friend before following behind.

Barret took out a bomb and handed it to Cloud who placed it on the reactor core. "How much time we need?" He asked. "Got all the time in the world." Responded Barret. "This one comes with a remote detonator." Tifa took out a remote. "Courtesy of Jessie." "We withdraw to a safe distance-" "Then light the son of a bitch up." Y/n finished for Barret who nodded. "Safe distance?" Cloud repeated. "What? No such thing?" Questioned Barret. Cloud only nodded. "We get out the same way we got in." Informed Barret. "Let's double back."

As they turned to head back, the ladder they needed suddenly hoisted upwards. "Huh? Where you going?" Barret gasped. "Weirdly perfect timing." Cloud commented. Tifa scanned the room. "Wait a minute. Is someone watching us?"

A security opened and dozens of Slug-Rays appeared, circling around party. The got into a formation and began to shine a light which turned into a hologram.

The bearded man began to laugh menacingly. "Greetings my dear sewer rats! As architect of our populace engagement campaign, I, Heidegger, head of Public Security, bid you welcome." Barret gritted his teeth in anger. "The chief warmonger." He spat. "You should be flattered. Right now, you command the undivided attention if every soul in Midgar."

Another group of drones showed a projection with Shinra's logo. "What is this!?" Questioned Tifa as the logo turned into a newscaster. "Breaking news from Mako Reactor 5." Began the reporter. "Shinra has confirmed the reactor to be the target of a bomb threat issued by the terrorist group Avalanche. Members of the group were observed entering the facility, and Security is currently sweeping it for explosive devices. We now go live to the scene."

The screen shifted to woman reporter standing in front of a confused and worried crowd. "I'm here in the Sector 5 undercity. Having confirmed the terrorists' target; the Shinra Emergency Operations Center has issued an evacuation advisory. Residents are outraged that the tragedy of Mako Reactor 1 was only the first attack... in a campaign of violence." The news once again changed to the news anchor. "President Shinra has issued a statement providing assurances that the terrorist will soon be brought to justice." With that, the drones ended the transmission.

"And so, to a people beset by chaos and uncertainty, we will offer the finest comfort: bread and circus." Laughed Heidegger. He snapped his fingers and the drones showed a hologram of the massive machine they saw before. "The big boy!" Gasped Barret. "I give you Shinra's latest triumph of technology. The airbuster! Your executioner!" Heidegger laughed as the hologram moved as if it were to attack, causing the group to flinch. "Engineering on the line." Said a different man's voice. "Currently, the airbuster is only sixty percent operational. The estimates were optimistic." Heidegger's hologram turned away from the group. "I'm on the air!" He shouted at the man who was with Heidegger in person. The hologram then turned off. "To the imbecile in charge there, you are hereby ordered to seize those intruders and bring them to me!" Said Heidegger through a P.A. system.

The door opened and three armored men came rushing in.

"Come quietly or there'll be trouble!" One of the soldiers warned. Barret hushed them before taking aim and blasting one with his charge shot. The other two lept towards Tifa who pirouetted and propelled her herself with her arms, kicking a soldier's back. The other tried to strike her, but Y/n blocked it with his lance. The downed trooper rose to his feet, only to be slashed by Cloud's blade. Y/n pushed his attacker off and switched to his dagger, throwing them and impaling the trooper's thigh and stomach. As he shouted in pain, Tifa stepped forward and sent the man flying away with a punch to the face.

Tifa huffed. "I don't believe it! We played right into Shinra's hands!" "Yeah." Barret agreed. "And their bullshit news is already peddling their false narrative." "So we're screwed." "No no no no no no! Hell no! Listen! They wanna turn this into a spectacle? Then I say let's give em one! Let's take down Shinra's big ass mech in front of everybody!" Cloud nodded. "Okay. I'm sold." Y/n shook his head. "This is a bad idea."

The group began to make their way out of the reactor and entered a service room. Soldiers within turned and aimed their weapons. "Intruders!" "Take em out!" They began to open fire, but Tifa casted a Barrier spell, protecting the party. Y/n used Hardedge to warp strike down onto a soldier, creating a shockwave that knocked the others down. Barret fired at two downed soldiers while Cloud took out the last one.

"All clear!" Said Barret. "Now let's see what these bastards were up to." The party walked towards a monitor displaying the massive machine. "It looks like a few of its components are still in transit." Said Tifa. Y/n's eyes suddenly widened. "No way!" "What is it?" "One of these components is a Magitek Core." "The hell's that?" Asked Barret. "A magitek core is technology created by the Empire of Niflheim. It's made by combining magic with technology. Why hell is the Empire sharing their tech with Shinra?" Cloud thought for a moment. "How powerful is it?" "The Empire has been using it to take over more than half of Eos, so you tell me." "Well, we could tamper with it." "And give ourselves the edge?" Asked Tifa rhetorically. "Let's do it."

Cloud moved towards a console and began to pressed the keywords. "Pretty sure I can divert the magitek unit for disposal." "Do it." Said Y/n. "Magitek Core, flagged for disposal." Announced the console. A red glowing case moved on a belt towards another room.

"Man, look at that thing." Barret said as he inspected the red glowing core. Y/n suddenly impaled the core with his lance, destroying it. "I hope it was just this one."

The party continued forward once again as Y/n's mind wandered back to why Shinra has Empire technology. Could the two be in league? His thoughts were drawn out as turrets fired their way. Barret was easily able to dispatch them with his charges. After clearing out another service room, Cloud once again stopped a supply of bomber shells from reaching the Airbuster.

Barret suddenly began to clear this throat and check the octaves the room they were in. "Okay! Listen up, y'all! Everything Shinra has told you is a goddamn lie! Mako is the lifeblood of our planet!" Tifa looked at Y/n in confusion while the young man bit his fist, trying to hold back his laughter. "Those greedy bastards are bleeding it dry! Y'all gotta rise up-" "Barret!" Tifa cut in. "Who are you talking to?" "The people! Put me on TV, I'mma drop some truth!" "Preach brother!" Y/n applauded as he burst into laughter. "Huh?" Cloud then snickered at Barret. "Thousand gil says they cut the sound. "Don't worry Barret, I hear ya loud and clear." Y/n reassured as Barret's face dropped in embarrassment.

Once again, the party cleared out another service room and Cloud shut down one of the Airbuster's ai programming cores. "I tell you what, I ain't never looked forward to an execution more in my entire life!" Barret exclaimed. Tifa chuckled. "You don't say." "We're about to make fools outta Shinra whole the whole damn city's watching! Hahaha! Time's like these you gotta savor!" "Oh no! If you're about to ask me to dance, then don't." "Come on, don't be shy. How about you Cloud?" "I don't dance." "Y/n?" "If I'm with the right partner." He glanced at Tifa who smiled. "Y'all are some real mood killers."

"Think we've done enough to weaken the robot?" Asked Tifa. Barret chuckled. "The stage is set. We're hijacking Heidegger's show." Cloud used a console to open a sliding gate. "We're coming up on the exit." Barret announced. "Tifa, the detonator still in range?" "We should be good." "The moment that big boy goes down, you hit that switch." "Right."

The party returned to the main service room where the Airbuster was being built. "They're still prepping it!" Pointed Barret. "Buy us more time!" Exclaimed a soldier. Y/n warped towards a soldier and sliced him down with his Engine Blade. Cloud struck down two as Tifa uppercutted a soldier and Barret riddled him with bullets. "Preparing Airbuster for immediate deployment!" Announced a soldier. "Shit! We too late?" Asked Barret. Tifa rushed towards the final soldier and punched his head into a railing.

"Hey guys." Tifa called as she looked at a console. "Looks like a progress assessment. Reduced response time. Should work in our favor." Barret smirked. "For real though, we gotta talk victory poses. Something coordinated for the live, on camera finish! Could blow up big! Start a new trend!" "Veto." Cloud disregarded.

A suddenly rumble followed by a roar of an engine caused everyone to turn to a Sweeper looking machine named Cutter. The machine used its buzzsaw hands to slice at Cloud who blocked it with his sword. Tifa and Y/n casted lightning spells to ward off the machine. Barret sent three charges at the Cutter causing it to Barret and charge at it. Y/n used Hardedge to imaple the back of the machine causing it to stop and sputter. Cloud ran underneath the Cutter and stabbed its underside. The machine vibrated violently before shutting down. "That was surprisingly easy." Commented Tifa. "Because it was just to slow us down." Said Y/n. "Let's keep moving."

The party entered an elevator. "We're gonna get through this." Barret reassured. "We're gonna make it home. All of us. No exceptions." "Right." Tifa agreed. "We don't wanna disappoint Marlene. That goes for you too, Cloud. Right?" "You better give her a big ol smile this time." "If the price is right." Cloud joked earning a laugh from the others.

The elevator stopped and it's doors opened, allowing the party to pass through a security gate walked towards a catwalk outside the facility. Tifa heard a buzzing sound and turned to where the noise came from. "Look!" She gasped, pointing at drones flying their way. Like with Heidegger, the drones projected a hologram only this time of an older man.

"President Shinra!" Spat Barret. A drone flew before the group and began to scan each one. It's red eye stopped before Cloud. "Oho." Laughed Shinra. "The eyes of one who has bathed in mako. Which would make you a SOLDIER." Cloud drew his sword. "Ex-SOLDIER." "Once a SOLDIER, always a SOLDIER. Thought not, alas, for very long. Accelerated cellular degradation being the most common cause of death by far." Y/n and Tifa's eyes widened at the revelation. "This is classified, of course, but every SOLDIER knows the truth." "...That's right."

Before long, Barret fired at the drone scanning them, destroying it. "Think you forgettin' someone!?" Barret fired at the hologram, only for the drones to disperse and reform it. "Would that I could." Said Shinra, shaking his head. "You strike me as the type to go on without an end." Another drone scanned Barret. "Ain't enough hours in the day to hold you to account for all your crimes!" "And what a wasteful indulgence it would be even if there were." Barret walked over to the drone and held it close to his face. "Okay then, let's talk about wasteful indulgences. What is mako? The lifestream! The lifeblood of the planet, our planet! But Shinra keeps on slurping it up like a thirsty dog! Whadda you think's gonna happen if you don't stop, huh?" "We do indeed keep on slurping it up, as you say. But... for whose benefit, I wonder. The true nature of mako is known to one and all, yet the people willfully turn a blind eye to the cost. As you must surely be aware?" Y/n looked at his friends. He was right. They use materia which is comprised of mako. Barret only grew more furious. "Don't you dare try and put this on us!" He slammed the drone onto the ground. "If anyone's going along with your plans is cause you brainwashed em!" "Such methods are beneath me. As are you, my faithful sewer rats. Henceforth allies of wicked Wutai, our sworn enemy. Thank you for syoking our people's patriotic fervor." "Wutai? The hell we are!"

The hologram closed and the drones emitted a new transmission. This time, Heidegger made his appearance known with a fit of laughter. "You still don't understand your role in this." The drones projected another screen, displaying drones messing with the bomb they had placed in the reactor. "What are they doing!?" "Don't you see? You fools were never in control. Never anything but pawns in our plans to sell great and glorious war to the people! And your instruments of insurrection will detonate..." Heidegger pressed a button on a remote. Tifa gasped as the party looked towards the screen with their bomb. The countdown started from 25 and decreased. "... when we so choose." The projection of the bomb closed and Tifa quickly began to press the button on her remote to no avail. "Goddammit!" Barret cursed. "Now let is taose the curtain on our main event!"

The party turned towards a chopper coming their way. "MOVE!" Y/n shouted as they all jumped out of the way of the incoming machine. "The trial of the eco-extremist group Avalanche!" Said Heidegger. "Terrorists who considered with Wutai against Midgar. Your guilt is undeniable! Your punishment: death!"

The airbuster suddenly revved to life as its gears turned.

Tifa walked over to a drone and kicked it towards another, destroying them and cutting the hologram. "I'm sick of this. I'm sick of all of this!" At hearing her words, Cloud whinced in pain and clutched his head. Y/n turned to his friend and held onto his shoulder. "This isn't the time to be having a fit, Cloud!" The blonde shook his head, just in time for the airbuster to turn to the two young men and raise its fists. Cloud looked at Y/n and nodded. "Lets do this."

The airbuster released a surge of electricity which missed its targets. Barret fired charges towards its back as Tifa punched its base, denting it slightly. Cloud began to slash away at the machine's core as Y/n threw daggers at its eye receptor. The airbuster turned to Tifa and Barret, allowing Y/n and Cloud to strike its back. However, the machine activated a defense mechanism which fired machine gun artillery. Y/n shielded himself and Cloud. Tifa used a lightning spell which caused the airbuster to short circuit. Barret used his gattling gun arm to fire into the machine's eye. The airbuster suddenly began to charge up and turned to Y/n and Cloud. With a massive push, a red laser shot from its chest towards the pair. Cloud lept to evade the blast as Y/n warped to a safe distance.

The airbuster released its arms, causing each pair of fighters to deal with one. The arms extended their fingers and began to shoot laser beams. Tifa rolled underneath the lasers as Barret ran from them. The girl jumped onto the arm and used her strength to aim the left arm towards the right. Y/n took notice of Tifa's plan and used his shield to push the arm into the laser's path. Both arms fired at each other and were destroyed.

The airbuster's torso launched revealed jets and took the the air, firing a laser that destroyed most of the catwalk. "Fire everything you have at it!" Said Tifa as Cloud, Y/n, and herself launched lightning spells while Barret fired rounds after rounds. "We're not doing much like this!" Said Barret.

Y/n conjured Hardedge and used the massive blade to warp strike the airbuster, impaling its gears. Using all of his might, Y/n directed the flying aurbuster towards the catwalk where Cloud and Tifa could attack. Tifa used her strength to hold down the jets, allowing Cloud to cut them off. Y/n jumped back onto the catwalk, but fell onto his stomach. "Barret, hit it with your strongest charge." Y/n weakly instructed. "You got it!" Barret began to charge his gun and released a massive canon that collided with the airbuster causing it to explode and send Barret and Tifa falling back.

Tifa rose to her feet and gasped as she saw Y/n held onto Cloud with one arm while using the other to hold onto the edge of the catwalk. "We don't have long to get clear!" Barret announced. "Take Tifa, and get outta here!" Said Y/n as he groaned. Barret looked down at the blonde with worry. "I... I was wrong about you." "This ain't the end if line for us!" Cloud responded. Drones began to open fire. "Y/n!" Tifa cried. "Cloud!" More drones began to rain fire. "Come on!" Barret carried Tifa away as she shouted for her friends.

The catwalk Y/n and Cloud clinged onto exploded causing the pair to fall. They tried to stop their fall by utilizing their grappling guns, only for the belt to snap sending the two friends to their potential doom.

Hey guys Megoz here! Just wanted to get your guys' opinion if you'd like to see Yuffie added to the story in the future. I plan to include Gladio, Ignis, and Prompto to the main cast in the future as well and since the party will be rather large, I'm not too sure if having a lot of characters would be too much. I'm still undecided about adding her as well, even though I'd love to. Just wanted to ask for your input.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Revive By HoneyB

Fanfiction

11.5K 434 19
Two weeks after the final battle against Sephiroth, Cloud's past has come back. Visions of his parents haunt him in his dreams and since he is severe...
33.6K 713 15
Y/n L/n, a mercenary whose discovered some of his roots and allowed him to use amazing abilities. There seems to be more than meets the eye with him...
11.3K 262 11
Set after the events of advent children, Cloud struggles to become the 'real' family Tifa desperately wants them to become. This story is now complet...
5.1K 102 10
New York City is supposed to be the place of big hopes and even bigger dreams. But when Cloud and Tifa reunite there more than a decade after separat...