Night Shade: Family Ties

By RADplusMOON

(SEQUEL TO NIGHT SHADE: BLOOD BOUND) War has begun, things are turning from bad to worse. Seth wants Sam, hav... More

Prolouge ycS
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

Chapter 12

34 1 1
By RADplusMOON

Scar

Caine went on about Britain and living along the British Isles. Too soon 1st hour started to both our disappointment. We had the same class, but with different teachers.

Seconds later once I sat down at a table, the teacher walks in with a cart dragged by another student. She immediately starts jabbering, the class watched from their lab stations- turns out that everyone in the class knew each other, or had at least 2 friends in the class. So I sat alone in the middle of the room with my own table.

"Look around you, the stations that you're sitting in are the spots you're going to have the rest of the semester. Unless the classroom environment is interrupted, then you'll move seats." Her messy bun shook out the golden locks as she spoke. She wore a dark blue pencil skirt that reached an inch above her ankles, with a blazer that matched the shade of the skirt, underneath she wore a black tank, and black toe-less heels that lifted her 3 inches off the ground.

I took a big whiff as she walked by. Witch. of course, who else would teach a potion class?

"Now, let's start right away." The room lit up in a low moan, "open to page 71 in your potion book. Mr. Crowly can you read first."

Mr.Crowly cleared his voice and shifted his eyes across the classroom, as the murmurs grew louder until Ms. Teacher shushed everyone to silence.

"To make Mutare Physicam you need: a feather of an eagle, blood of a cockroach, venom of a snake, and hair from a werewolf." Mr. Crowly finished.

"Can anyone tell me what a Mutare Physicam is?"

The girl in front shot her hand up immediately."It's a potion ."

Ms.Teacher beamed, "how is it different?"

"It is set under the moonlight for more power, mainly from the werewolf hair which is the strongest substance in the potion. This is of the werewolf lore that spoke of werewolves transforming at night during the full moon, but actually is the chemicals in werewolves fur that allows them to heal faster than most species." Said an irish accent behind wavy brown hair.

"Exactly how Miss Foinse explained. We are going to be making a transformation potion." Immediately the class exploded into excited cheers. "Tomorrow."

The class groaned while some students sat back down. "Silence, I will not allow any whining, otherwise I'll personally make sure that you fail this class."

My head fell to my hand, and shifted to my palm. "What's so important about a transformation potion?"

"Do you have something to add Ms. Harris?" My thoughts were suddenly drawn back somewhere else. "Scarlette Harris!" I jumped in my seat.

"I said do you have anything to add?"

My chin raised from the table, "yeah, like why the hell would a transformation potion be any use at all?" I yelled, everyone's eyes widened and whipped toward Ms. Teacher.

She stood there silently, "during a battle, this can be the difference between life and death."

"During a battle you wouldn't have the luxury of time collecting these items." I countered.

"Having it prepared ahead of time, and keeping it stored away till the time is necessary is how it can save your life." She defended.

"Have you ever experienced battle Ms. T?"

She shifted a little bit, as if off guard by my question. "A fair share, maybe 5 or 6. More than most people."

A grin slowly spread across my face, "explains what you know." I chuckle.

She deeply inhaled, than closed her eyes. "Get out of my room." Her voice barely audible.

I relaxed in my seat placing my elbows on the table top, with both palms in my cheeks. "Make me."

Her jaws tightened together, and stormed to the phone. "Yes, I want a student brought down to detention. Alright, thank you." She was fuming and I loved every second of it.

There were smirks and a couple glances toward my direction, but I really didn't care- potions and spells didn't make any sense anyway. A few minutes later a knock came from the door, then opened revealing two giant men with black v-necks in blue jeans. "Who are we taking?" The tall man asked, his voice unusually deep and his hands too big for a human. Concluding they were half-giants from the way they're shoulders slouched back making their torso look cement solid, and the ears that protruded a little bit out.

"Her." Ms. T pointing toward my seat, I gave a small wave and a smile from ear-to-ear. The escorts paused a couple seconds until they turned to her.

"We're sorry we can't do what you are asking, we have specific orders not to take her. If there is any other problems we'll come back down." Closing the door behind them I felt as flabbergasted as Ms. Teacher looked.

She turned around and clicked back to her desk, instead of sitting she grabbed a couple ingredients, and laid them out in order that the book instructed. "Okay class this is a demo of what you are doing tomorrow."

My heart leapt in joy once first hour ended, and concluded that now 1 out of the 5 teachers hate my guts. Looking at my map I navigated my way through the school, someone bumped into me forcing my books out of my hands. I cursed and lunged down to catch them, but a hand caught it a second before I could wrap my fingers around them. My body shot up ready to body slam the person responsible, once I looked up Caine grinned as he held my luggage.

A second later my good mood died, snatching my belongings out of his hands. "What happened at the gym doesn't make us friends. You don't even know me." I grimaced and stormed away.

To my surprise he caught up quite quickly, appearing at my side in a flash, knocking my books down again. "Caine!" I yelled.

"Sorry." He said, bending over and picking them up. "I didn't mean to do that."

"Yeah I'm starting to get that."

"You know if you just chill just a little bit teachers might not hate you." He shrugged.

I stopped in my tracks, his chest running into my shoulder, I spun around. "How did you-"

"Word travels." Giving a know-it-all smile, then used his thumb and pointed over his shoulder. A couple girls passed by, one of them in my last class.

"-so what happened next Bree?" Asked the friend, "That bitch started back talking to the teacher and saying stupid shit like, '"have you ever battled?"' what the fuck does that mean? I swear to god if we don't do that experiment tomorrow because of the bull she pulled, I am going to beat the shit out of her."

"Or you could do a spell, make her itch for a week." One of them chuckled, "too bad we can't do magic in the school perimeters. Although if you have the same Animal Bio class together you could let out some steam and get away with it, just use your martial art skills. Hi-yah!" The girls started laughing after that.

"Fucking bitches."

"More like witches, see I'm not just all good looks." Giving that know-it-all smile again. "By the way, what class do you have next?" Looking over my shoulder to read my schedule.

"You have- history, damn it, well I have fitness. At least we're going to the same area."

"Lead the way ." Stepping back one exaggerating a little bit, as I waved my arms passed me to let him by.

He winked then followed the invisible string to our next class. To my surprise we went up the fourth floor instead of the first, walking down the hallway by his side. Students started to clear out once we went higher up, "Caine where the hell are we going?"

"Class, bakada." He said, swearing at me in Japanese.

I scowled at him, "Shut up." Punching him hard against the arm.

Caine walked toward a window miles up. I didn't say anything, if he wanted to jump out the window than go right ahead. Closing in on the window, his body suddenly disappeared. Hesitantly following him I closed my eyes, and then opened them up. There were 30 students standing around on a large glass surface that went as far as an eye could see. Looking down the same ghostly height lingered in my stomach.

"Hemming!" I turned to the obnoxious sound. "I called you 3 times, are you deaf?" Caine ran up to me and grabbed my wrist as he dragged me to his group of friends.

The guys smiled as a red headed one spoke, "hey I'm Issac. Caine's best friend."

The brunette to the right punched him in the face, "Issac your always so full of yourself! I'm Caine's best friend."

Issac shot up from the ground, and scowled at his friend. "Your the one to talk Eli!"

I peered over at Caine with a fixed look, suddenly a booming voice sliced through the noise like butter. "Class has started you dipshits, so shut your pieholes!" The teacher stormed up with his knee high socks, and a sweatband on head. Slamming his foot down against a wooden box he leaned foreward to make his shoulders look bigger.

"You'll be partnering up today for hand-to-hand, but while some of you are doing that I'm going to pull some away to have them wrestle on the floor mat to see what your strengths are, and what you need to change."

People groaned, " IT'S FOR YOUR BENEFIT!" He cleared his throat, "I'll be choosing partners."

He started reading off the list, Caine turned to me, "see you later."

I stared at his back startled, "what your leaving?"

He smiled, "different class remember?" Than waved goodbye without a glance.

"Scarlette Harris and Diablo Lettus."

Listening to the names being called out, suddenly a guy walks up to me. "Newbie right? I'm Diablo."

"As in marijuana?" I asked. "Devil's lettuce means marijuana."

He smiled a thousand jems, "yes that's why my parents called me that. So they can joke about marijauna in the backseat."

I nod, "your family sounds interesting."

He sighed, "you haven't heard the half of it. Anyway let's fight." We held up a stance, "just to warn you I don't hold back."

Lunging at me he lands a punch to my jaw, but he didn't stop. Following the punch he swept me off my feet, and knocked me to the ground. He held out his hand, "you okay? I told you I don't hold back."

"Let's see if you can do that again." I smirked as we put up our fists.

Slowing down my fist I missed a punch to his ribs as he dodged out the way. Taking my arm he twisted it back, and made it look like he was about to break it. "Say surrender."

"No," I huffed.

"Do it otherwise I'll push harder," he said.

I stuck my tongue out, "as if."

Suddenly our names were called, Diablo released immediately. Once we stood in front of the history teacher he directed us into a ring, as he took out a stop watch and a clipboard. "Okay the only rules are not to break anything or make them bleed... Okay go whenever your ready."

Diablo took up his stance then nodded, immediately I knocked his ass to the ground. The teacher looked at his stopwatch "0.01, that's the fastest time so far. Do you want to go again?"

We nod and Diablo take up his stance, this time it was clean and shaved. "GO!"

Diablo took a step forward and I grabbed him by his abs with one hand, and lifted him above my head then started twirling like a shuriken. Some of the students from the other class stopped their lesson as they stood a platform next to this but up a level, and there was a glass staircase that lead up to it. I look over and see Caine staring at me in shock, I raise a hand and do a tiny wave.

"You can drop him now." The teacher said as he looked at Diablo hopeless in the palm of my hand.

"Okay," and dropped his ass like a hot potato.

Immediately Diablo jumped up, "rematch."

The teacher sighed then shrugged, "why not. But I think Scarlette has the advantage here, so how about she doesn't use her hands. So Ms. Harris put your hands behind your back."

I nod and did as instructed, as Diablo stared at me in surprise. "Why did you hold back?"

I smile, "I never hold back."

"GO!"

This time there was a crowd of students from the other class cheering Diablo on. "You can take her! Use your height against her! You can win!" Diablo lunged at me and landed a punch to my cheek, there was a sickening cracked sound, then he fell to the ground.

The other classmates now just figured out there was a interesting match and started to circle. I walked over to Diablo, "hey your alright?"

"I think my hand is broken." He said as he winced in pain and cuddled his fist to this chest. The teacher sent for nurses, and when they came they dragged him out.

"Am I done?" I asked.

He shook his head, "I want to see how much you can do. Do you know karate?"

I shrugged, "a decent amount."

He nodded and turned toward one of the students, "You. fight her- now."

I looked at the teacher awkwardly, "they don't have to-"

"Geez this is a drag." I recognized the voice and turned around. Caine strolled over with his hands in his pockets. "I'm much more better at spells."

"she's a goner." The crowd murmured, I looked over at the crowd as more students came from the other class, 'why are they smiling? Don't tell me...'

"What the hell are you doing Leonard?!" A short woman with bright orange hair stormed up to the teacher, and smacked him across the head. "Don't steal my students!"

Caine smiled, "don't worry Ms. H, I'm fine with it." He turned to me and his smile widened. "This's going to be fun."

I growled, "don't take me so lightly."

The teacher threw down his arm, "FIGHT!"

Caine launched with a punch, I dodged to the side and landed a kick to his ribs. His eyebrows raised in surprise, then they fell. "I thought as much from you."

Growling I threw a punch to his gut, but he pushed it aside and countered with a hammer fist. Dodging to the side I miss his attack by millimeters, flipping backwards I place distance between us.

"Come on!" Releasing a tiny bit of my strength I launched off the ground with the speed of a bullet.

Coming at him from the side, he followed my movements late. "Too slow," landing a spinning round kick to his lungs, he fell back and skidded across the ground.

"he- hey. That's enough." The teacher stuttered, but Caine stood.

I stared at him in surprise, 'so he still has some fight in him.' I narrowed my eyebrows. 'One last hit.'

Lunging toward him he weakly put his hands up to block, throwing a punch out I increased the strength in my attack, suddenly someone grabbed my arm and stopped me dead in my tracks. "What the-" turning my head Uncle Ben stared at me with a blank face, but his eyes were angry.

"That's enough Scarlette."

I glared at him, 'what the hell is he doing here?'

The teachers looked flustered. "princ-principle Harris!"

Yanking my arm back I looked over at Caine, he stared between us flustered. Grinding my teeth together I couldn't stand not giving the last blow, "Caine."

He looked at me then closed the gap between our extended arms, and threw his famous toothy grin. "Tie."

Smiling kindly at him I pull him arm toward me, then head butted him to the ground, "no."

When he didn't get up Uncle Ben sighed, "Ms. Huang please call a nurse."

"Yes sir!" Then ran off toward the building.

Uncle Ben turned toward Mr. Huang, "my deepest apologies, my niece transferred here from Canada, she still hasn't shifted so she can't control her strength yet."

"No problem, I remember when my kids shifted for the first time. They were monsters in the beginning."

Uncle Ben smiled, "I'm hoping it's any day now."

The class looked at me. "no wonder why she's so strong. Guess there's nothing special about her."

Uncle Ben turned to me immediately my stomach did flips, as he stared at me with his cold, hard stare that I've started getting used to by now. "You come with me. Now," snapping his fingers in my direction and walked off past me. "I'll take care of her for today."

Mr. Huang nodded slowly, as if still trying to figure out what happened. Once we arrived inside Uncle Ben still wasn't talking to me. Finally I got impatient, "say something!"

He gave me a tsk, while glaring down at me. "What do you want me to say to you Scarlette. You already know what's going to come out of my mouth, because I say this to you almost on a daily basis now."

I sighed and made the dumbest voice possible, "don't shift inside the territory."

"You need to take that to heart. If you've forgotten you murdered people- innocent lives in cold blood. Not everyone is going to see you in a different light like I did, and I only did because of your mother."

I looked away, "you don't have to bring her up."

He started yelling, "well that's the only way to actually get through to you!" He sighed and calmed down, "besides I'm taking you outside school for today."

"Why?"

"You need to find something that doesn't relate to fighting, and doesn't involve killing people to get raw meat."

I scowled, "geez taking all the fun out of it."

He stopped and looked down at me, "you have until the end of the school day. When I get back home I expect you there with a job application in your hands."

About to argue further about the BS of getting a job, but his pager went off. He checked it then swished it back in his pocket, "behave yourself."

"Do I get your car?"

"No your running."I laughed as he walked away. 'wait he was serious?'

"Great," I murmured to myself, well at least I can skip half the school day and I won't be in trouble. Thinking about just skipping the job application thing, I knew he was going to get angry if I didn't do it, plus he already has enough responsibilities on his shoulders.

"First a principle, then a animal care taker at a wild life reserve, and a military strategist." In my head none of them correspond with each other, nor do they have much free time that Uncle Ben is doing.

Walking outside the school I hide behind a bunch of cars then shifted, sprinting through a thicket of trees the coast was clear. Heading back to Uncle Ben's mansion I knew he has newspapers somewhere, since he always reads them in the morning before breakfast. Not bothering shifting back I busted through the door, his lieutenant stared at me first in shock then in anger.

"What are you doing here?!"

I walked past without saying a word, "do you know where Uncle Ben keeps the newspapers?"

His face went bright red, "um.. he doesn't read the newspaper."

Scourging around the cabinets behind the table I find a stack of papers, "ah here they are."

Lieutenant lunged toward the shelf, "no!"

Shifting I picked up the papers and moved the blank one's in the back, my face went completely red while my hands starting shaking. "W-What are these?" It was the newspaper alright, but taped on top was pictures of woman modeling in swimming suits. "I asked you-" turning toward the Lieutenant in fury, he bounded back, "what are these?"

His voice jumped, "new-newspapers?"

I closed my eyes, "well is there a job section?"

He scooted over and flipped the page, then pointing to a small box. Skimming over the list, I mumbled to myself. "Salesmen- no.... babysitter- kids....nanny- hell no....Starbucks- don't drink coffee... Sketchers?- We still have that?" I stopped at the last one. "Butcher."

'Scarlette you know girls our age work at Caribou or Starbucks, why don't you do that? It'll make you blend into the crowd.' My wolf added. 'It'll make Uncle Ben satisfied."

"But working as a butcher will allow me to eat stuff without killing."

'THAT'S WHAT YOUR GOING ON ABOUT?!' She really didn't care less about getting raw meat, she'd eat human food like regular humans do if she were hungry.

"Uncle Ben did say to find a way to kill. This is the perfect way, plus its raw." I smiled from ear to ear. "Thanks Loot," giving the Lieutenant his nickname and jumped out the window toward the forest.

"Use the door!" He screamed after me, but by the time he got 3 words in I was gone like the wind.

Peering at the address on the newspaper it said the shop was located just outside the city area. Deciding to take a taxi I run toward the street, and almost get run over. I glared at the blue car that was going to get a beating soon. The driver opened his door, and used the top of the door to help him get out. Once Caine walked out all my anger was gone, "Caine what are you doing here?"

He scratched the back of his head, "school ended already."

The alarms in my head went off, "what?!" Uncle Ben was going to be home any second now.

"And I was following you." Giving a 'sorry face' by scrunching one side of his face, like a child would do when they got in trouble.

Not even mad at him I asked him why, his expression changed to surprise. "Well you've been wandering in the forest for 3 hours with a paper in your hands, I thought you got lost it."

"By the way how's your head?" I asked remembering the last time I saw him was him unconscious on the ground.

"I'm all better. I have a pretty hard head, but not as hard as yours." He joked, "by the way what's the paper for?"

"I'm trying to find a building somewhere near the city, can you help me find it?"

He shrugged, "get in." Heading towards the passenger seat I slip in, and slam the door behind me.

Changing gears he sped off. After several minutes of telling him the directions, we stopped outside Denny's. "This is the place. Right?"

I nod my head, 'maybe Denny's is a butcher shop?' Getting out I start walking toward the front doors until Caine calls my name, "I need to be somewhere right now. Actually I'm a little late, so can you find a ride back."

I nod, "yeah no problem. Thanks for the ride. "

He smiled, "no problem- okay got to go, see you later."

Turning around I walk toward the door without a second glance of him driving away, I didn't need to. When I arrived inside a kind lady welcomed me and asked me which table, shaking my head I asked where the butcher shop was seeing how this was definitely not a butcher shop. She pointed to the shop across the street, "we get all our meat from there. I heard they're looking for help, so you might just get the job if your looking for one."

I thanked her and exited out, then running across the road I looked at the exterior of the shop once I arrived safely on the other side. The shop looked more like a shed, the white paint was starting to peel off on the outside and wood was already chipping away, and on top of the door was in faint black words that read BUTCHER. Walking closer to the door there was a sign in the cobwebbed window that said HELP WANTED at least I knew I was at the right place. Pushing the creaky door open a bell rang declaring my arrival. A short old Asian woman with sunglasses and a thin cane shuffled behind the counter, with a smile gleaming from ear to ear she asked. "Are you looking for any meat in particular?"

"I actually came because of a job opportunity in the newspaper." I placed the newspaper on the glass counter, but she never looked down.

"Oh I knew someone would look at it if I keep it on there!" Almost jumping in joy, pushing the slab of wood up that divided the front of the store to the cash register she found her way to me. Reaching out she touched my face, shoulders and hands. "You quite thin young lady, I'm not sure this work will be right for you. I'm looking for someone to help cut the meat in the back while I'm up front with the cash register, cause as you can see I'm getting quite old these days."

"Is this your shop then?" She nodded, "it actually belonged to my son. I came to help jump start his business but he was called to war, and he died on the battle field. So now I just take care of the store."

I narrowed my eyebrows in thought as I thought about my own parents. "It must've been a devastating time."

She nodded, "the business fell as less and less customers started to come. The only reason that my son's dream hasn't concaved yet is because the Denny's across the street buy from us still."

After several minutes I spoke, "Ma'am I actually came to cut the meat."

She looked at me perplexed, then proceeded by shaking her head. "That work is no place for a lady."

"I think I'll surprise you."

Patting my shoulder she gave a warm smile, "why don't you work at Starbucks, they'll give you better pay."

"Because I'm not looking for a job with good pay, I'm looking for one that fits my skill sets and somewhere I can connect with. And right now this is the only place I'd rather work at."

Without complaining she smiled, and tugged my shirt sleeve while navigating through the back carefully. Pigs hung from the ceiling while large freezers were in the back, and in the middle of the room was a large table to slice and dice. "This is how I want you to do it."

When I got back home it was around 9 o'clock at night. Walking through the kitchen I searched for a water in the fridge, taking a sip I couldn't think of anything else to do except sleep.

"Scarlette," a deadly voice creeped from the dining table. I walk over as Uncle Ben, Luke, and Akshay sat around the dining table. "Your late for dinner."

I quickly set myself down, "sorry." Looking over the food there was a pound of meat cut to perfection on one side of the table, and cooked steak on the other.

"Scarlette..." Uncle Ben's voice changed to confusion. Peering up I notice everyone was staring at me weird. "Why do you have pig's blood all over your uniform?"

Pulling my shirt out so I can see the bright stain, "oh I didn't notice it because of my boobs." The guys face planted as I spoke about one of my feminine wilds. "Plus I got a job."

"Where's the application I asked you for?"

"I don't have one, she sent me to work right away?" Stripping down to my black undershirt, Luke looked away in embarrassment, while I guess Akshay seen what's under the bra when I fought him and almost killed myself in the 2nd dimension. Just the thought made me blush and immediately averted my eyes from Akshay's hard stare.

Uncle Ben quirked his eyebrow, "her?"

Luke spoke up he was curious now as well, "where do you work at? Cause frankly I can never see you do anything else except for killing something."

"I work at a butcher shop."

"Of course," he sighed and because he sat right next to me he reached over and knuckled my head with his fist. "Scarlette's growing up."

I pushed him away as he hits his back against the wall. "Shut up," scowling at him.

By the time dinner was finished the whole world was spinning. "Scarlette you alright?" Akshay asked as he held me up.

Uncle Ben stroked his invisible beard with his thumb and index finger, "I didn't actually think that she'd actually go for the cooked steak, so I glazed wine on top."

"You mean you cooked the wine with the steak?" Luke asked

"No I put the wine on after it was finished. But that still doesn't explain why Scarlette's drunk." He rubbed the back of his head in confusion.

Luke scowled at him, "it's your fault Dad."

"I know, I know you don't have to say it twice."

I pointed at Uncle Ben, "you know what's bullshit? I can't shift outside your lawn! But I do it anyway." Turning toward Akshay I whispered, "he doesn't know. Shhhhh."

Uncle Ben glared at me while Akshay gave him an apologetic glance, "I'll take her to bed."

............................................................................................................................

(Akshay POV)

Walking up the stairs in the 'guest' house neither Scarlette or I said anything, I was quite surprised usually people are very rowdy when they're drunk. Arriving at the foot of Scarlette's room I opened the door, and placed her on her feet. She wobbled a little so I reached out and kept her balanced, "can you get to your bed, or are you too drunk to even walk?"

"When I look down the world is running around my feet,-" she looked down and furrowed her eyebrows as if she was thinking hard on something, "-and when I look up the walls are made of noodles." She turned around and smiled at me like a child.

"Yep your drunk," swinging her up into my arms I place her gently on the bed just in case she pukes from the bounce.

Her eyes start to flutter shut so I turn to make my leave, suddenly her small fingers curled around my shirt sleeve and held me back. "You lied."

"What?" I asked trying to hide the shock I felt.

"I'm cold," she repeated herself.

I sighed in relief but what I thought she said earlier left me shaken. Tucking her in I recognize her ribcage as it protruded out a little. She's lost a lot of weight since Dad, Scarlette, and I were in Skoll's dimension and I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried. Reaching over her body to tuck the blanket in on the other side, I noticed my body hovered over hers just for a few moments when we were barely touching. Quickly standing up and striding towards the door her voice spoke through the darkness.

"Don't leave." I turned around to see her beady white eyes watching my movements like a hawk. "Stay with me for the night."

She's drunk she doesn't know what she's saying. I'll just leave. Unconsciously my legs walked toward her with the weight of an elephant on each foot. She reached out from the blanket and pulled me in beside her, normally it wouldn't be enough force to control me, but everything she did made my body melt to her touch. Suddenly her icy fingers pressed up against my chest, and until now I never noticed she was shivering. "Shift."

"I'll break the bed," I reasoned.

'Do what she says.' My wolf growled.

What the hell is going on, even my wolf is agreeing to her terms. Without even realizing my bones shifted without my consent. I felt my fur wrap around her body like a blanket. Soon her shivering stopped and her soft snores reached my ears.

"I like your wolf." I felt her breathe in my scent while she clutched patches of fur with her small hands.

My face grew hot and my body tensed. Even though it sounded like her words should've belonged to a child, it was almost as if I was waiting to hear those words.

"I like you too."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

343K 10.1K 50
When a stubborn and intolerant, werewolf gets classified as a little puppy, her whole life changes as she is fetched by a Vampire. Starting date:12...
37.1M 1.4M 144
"My dad sold me to a pack of werewolves to settle his gambling debt." ❀ "I'm going to count to three," Logan growls. He doesn't have to say the rest...
375K 14.6K 25
This book is a sequel to His Miracle Mate. *** **** *** Orla learns the secret of her ancestry, a secret that will make her a target if reveal...
1.5M 41.2K 47
Elena has known the evil in the world. She's been hunted by a family friend since she was a young girl. But after her mother was murdered by him, she...