𝐑𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬 | 𝐉𝐮𝐥𝐢𝐞...

By EscapeIntoOblivion

Ruthless | Julie And The Phantoms Four musicians. Four hot dogs. Four ghosts. Four reasons to feel alive aga... More

𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝟎𝟎 | 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝟎𝟏 | 𝐂𝐨𝐨𝐥
𝟎𝟐 | 𝐋𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡
𝟎𝟑 | 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬
𝟎𝟒 | 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞
𝟎𝟓 | 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬
𝟎𝟔 | 𝐖𝐞𝐢𝐫𝐝
𝟎𝟕 | 𝐏𝐚𝐢𝐧
𝟎𝟖 | 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲
𝟎𝟗 | 𝐂𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞
𝟏𝟎 | 𝐃𝐚𝐡𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐬
𝟏𝟏 | 𝐈𝐧𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞
𝟏𝟐 | 𝐁𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝟏𝟑 | 𝐒𝐚𝐟𝐞
𝟏𝟒 | 𝐅𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐤𝐥𝐞
𝟏𝟓 | 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞
𝟏𝟔 | 𝐂𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐲
𝟏𝟕 | 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠
𝟏𝟖 | 𝐌𝐚𝐣𝐨𝐫
𝟏𝟗 | 𝐁𝐥𝐮𝐬𝐡
𝟐𝟎 | 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐝𝐬
𝟐𝟏 | 𝐇𝐚𝐮𝐧𝐭
𝟐𝟐 | 𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞
𝟐𝟑 | 𝐖𝐢𝐩𝐞𝐝
𝟐𝟒 | 𝐅𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬
𝟐𝟓 | 𝐂𝐥𝐮𝐛
𝟐𝟔 | 𝐏𝐨𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬𝐬
𝟐𝟕 | 𝐘𝐨𝐮
𝟐𝟖 | 𝐑𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬
𝟐𝟗 | 𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭
𝟑𝟎 | 𝐒𝐮𝐛𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐜𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐥𝐲
𝟑𝟏 | 𝐒𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐝
𝟑𝟐 | 𝐆𝐨𝐚𝐥𝐬
𝟑𝟑 | 𝐆𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭
𝟑𝟒 | 𝐂𝐡𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐲
𝟑𝟓 | 𝐀𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐝𝐨𝐭𝐞
𝟑𝟔 | 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐰
𝟑𝟕 | 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐲
𝟑𝟖 | 𝐈𝐧𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐞
𝟑𝟗 | 𝐔𝐧𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐝
𝟒𝟎 | 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞
𝟒𝟏 | 𝐍𝐨𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲
𝟒𝟐 | 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐧
𝟒𝟑 | 𝐋𝐞𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬
𝟒𝟒 | 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝟒𝟓 | 𝐅𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐫
𝟒𝟔 | 𝐎𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫
𝟒𝟕 | 𝐓𝐨𝐫𝐧
𝟒𝟗 | 𝐋𝐨𝐨𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐬
𝟓𝟎 | 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐨𝐫𝐧 𝐎𝐮𝐭 𝐏𝐚𝐠𝐞

𝟒𝟖 | 𝐆𝐥𝐨𝐰

457 9 0
By EscapeIntoOblivion

I arrived in the garage just after the show had ended. The lights were off and I didn't hear a sound. As I stood there, I wondered if the guys were still at the Orpheum. There was no way they had crossed over.

The thoughts loomed over me like a spinning mobile over a child's bed. What if they had crossed over? What if playing the Orpheum was their unfinished business? Or what if they found the connection they were looking for? Even worse, what if Caleb's curse had taken them?

The thoughts overwhelmed me, and I started to sob.

"Ruth?"

I looked over to see three ghostly figures laying on the floor. One of them shot up and rushed over to me. Luke's warm embrace held me together, if only for a little while.

"Still incomplete, huh?" I asked jokingly as I pulled away.

"Yeah," Luke said sadly. "We're hiding from Julie. We want her to think we crossed over rather than, well, ceased to exist."

"Can I join you?"

The four of us lay on the floor, with so much to say that we couldn't say anything at all. Everything that had happened to us up until that point had been too much, but apparently, not enough for whatever the universe had planned for us. I reached for my notebook and wrote as much as I could using the distant light shining through the window.

"We sang Stand Tall tonight," Luke said.

"Hmm," I mused, still writing away. "I'll be expecting my royalties in hell."

"Shh!" Alex hissed. "Julie's coming."

We all lay down in silence, hoping Julie wouldn't see us. We heard the garage doors open, followed by footsteps making their way across the room. Julie stood there and sighed.

"I know I already said this but, uh," Julie said. "Thank you, guys."

"You're welcome," Reggie replied.

"Dude!" Luke exclaimed.

Julie switched on the lights and saw the four of us lying uncomfortably on the floor.

"Why are you here?" Julie questioned. "I thought - "

A flash of light came from the pile we had formed.

"No, no!" Julie exclaimed. "I thought you crossed over. Why didn't you crossover?"

"I guess playing the Orpheum wasn't our unfinished business," Alex suggested, causing a sprout of guilt to grow within me.

"Point Caleb," Reggie added.

"We wanted you to think that we crossed over," Luke said. "So, we pretended to. We just ... We had nowhere else to go."

"We thought you'd go straight to bed," Reggie explained.

"Yeah, well," Alex countered. "I knew she was gonna come out here, but nobody ever listens to me."

"I would've," I noted. "But I was a little caught up."

"Ruth, where were you?" Julie asked. "The sound booth was empty."

Another jolt occurred, sparing us all of the answer.

"You have to save yourselves right now," Julie said. "Go join Caleb's club, please. It's better than not existing at all. Please, just go! Go! Poof out! Do something! Please, do it for me!"

"The thing student has become the thing master," I stated.

Reggie shook his head. "We're not going back there."

Luke approached Julie. "No music is worth making, Julie, if we're not making it with you. No regrets."

Everyone was in tears, so it took us a moment to realise Julie was hugging Luke. A lifer, hugging a transparent ghost.

"I love you guys," Julie sniffled.

That was when Luke started to glow.

"How can I feel you?" Julie asked, realising what had just happened.

"I don't know," Luke turned around to face us. "I feel stronger."

"Alex, Reggie, Ruth," Julie beckoned. "Come."

I stood up, but I didn't run toward them. I watched as Alex and Reggie hugged Julie just as Luke had. I couldn't go over to them, not now.

This was not what was supposed to happen.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.5K 2.1K 22
[Reggie x OC] Completed! On what was supposed to have been Sunset Curve's biggest night at the Orpheum, Bobby's sister and the boys' number one fan w...
291K 9.5K 59
𝙃𝙀𝙍𝙊𝙀𝙎 𝙂𝙀𝙏 𝙍𝙀𝙈𝙀𝙈𝘽𝙀𝙍𝙀𝘿, 𝘽𝙐𝙏 𝙇𝙀𝙂𝙀𝙉𝘿𝙎 𝙉𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙍 𝘿𝙄𝙀. What do you get when you throw five musically inclined teenagers...
609K 12.4K 56
Imagines and One shots for the Netflix show Julie and the Phantoms! I write for -Luke -Reggie -Julie -Alex...
9K 149 46
Sunset Curve, a group of four boys in a rock band with big, big dreams, and a girl born to a rich family, she is in much need of an escape, and has a...