The second wife

By Reijuino

Akiko wasn't all that surprised when her father sold her to be the second wife of a far away prince. The phar... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19

Chapter 18

465 28 4
By Reijuino

Akiko P.O.V.

I take a deep breath as I look at the big doors in front of me. "Are you nervous?" Mao Mao asks besides me. "How can I not be? I never did these things before. You did" I say. "That is true. But you are the mother now. That means more responsibility" Mao Mao says. "So I was told" I say. "Don't worry, Gyokuyou is quite kind and Lihua is too" she says. Mao Mao knocks and the door opens. We're being led to a tea room where Gyokuyou is already, Lingli and The Crown Prince are already playing with a boy that seems to be just crawling. "Welcome" Gyokuyou says smiling, and offers us both a seat. "You didn't bring your wet nurse?" Lihua asks, curiously. "I feed him myself" I say, with a smile. "He seems sleepy. You can let him sleep over there, It's his old crib, but he doesn't use it anymore. I had it brought over, so you can have your hands free for a bit" Gyokuyou says, gesturing to a crib near us. "Thank you" I say, about to stand up. "Let me" Mao Mao says, she stands up and takes Taio. "Thank you" I say softly. I watch her place a kiss on Taio's head before carefully placing him in the crib. He continues to sleep without a worry. "Thank you for inviting me" I say, bowing my head to both Lihua and Gyokuyou. "We know how overwhelming and even lonely it can feel" Lihua says. "That's why we come together from time to time. You're a mother now too, of course you're welcome" Gyokuyou says. "I'm not a mother and I was always invited...what's that about?" Mao Mao asks dryly. "We enjoy your company" Lihua says amused, while she and Gyokuyou look at each other with the same amused smile. I glance at my sleeping baby that's in the crib. I feel uncomfortable, very very uncomfortable. I glance at the other women who just seem to enjoy their tea while watching the kids. Is it just me? "Everything alright?" Mao Mao asks. I look at her and smile. "I'm fine" I say. I take the tea and take a sip. Calm down, nothing is going on. "How is he been sleeping?" Lihua asks. "He does wake up a couple of times per night. But not nearly as much as I expected" I say, with a smile.

I look at Jinshi's back as he walks around with Taio on his shoulder. "I see" I whisper, looking away. "I'm not doing this to hurt you" Jinshi says. "Get out" I say. Jinshi turns around. "If you start saying stupid things like that, leave!" I say, and throw my pillow to Jinshi, and he quickly turns around so it won't hit Taio. "Leave, and don't ever come back!" I scream. "That's a little bit of an exaggeration..." Jinshi says. "Leave!" I shout so hard that it starts to hurt my voice. Jinshi leaves with Taio. Crying I fall back on my bed and curl into a ball. "Akiko-sama?" I hear Kazue ask. I hear her Footsteps but ignore it. "Akiko-sama, what's wrong?" She asks and places her hand on my shoulder. "He took Taio" I sob. "He did what?!" Kazue asks. "He took my boy" I sob, placing my hands on my face. "Why?" She asks. "I don't know" I sniffle. "Do you want me to go after him?" Kazue asks. I sniffle again. "No. He owns us so I don't want to know what he will do with your insubordination." I say and wipe my face with my sleeve. "I will survive this also" I say, after taking a deep breath. "You shouldn't have to" Kazue says softly. "I shouldn't have been send here also, but it still happened" I say. I turn to Kazue and smile slightly. "Don't you worry. I will survive this" I say even though my heart is broken into a thousand pieces. "Akiko-sama..." Kazue says softly with a slight frown between her brows.  "Do you want me to get oniisama?" She asks. "You don't have to bother Minato-kun" I say. "But if you can make me something to help me sleep" I say, and turn back on my side again. "I just want to sleep" I sigh. "You do need to eat, Akiko-sama" Kazue says. "I get that you're trying to look out for me. But right now I just want to sleep, and hope that this all is just a bad dream. So please just give me something to help me sleep and leave. And if you don't want to, that's fine but at least leave me alone" I say. Kazue sighs softly. "As you wish, Akiko-sama" Kazue says softly, and I listen to her footsteps depart.

The past week I haven't been able to sleep. I just longed for my son. I seat in a chair near the window, and the sun is shining through. Usually this would make me happy but the world just seems dark and gray. I hear the door open, but don't respond. I do turn my head when I hear a baby fussing. Kazue walks in with Taio in her arms. I stand up slowly. "Mao Mao brought him back" Kazue says with a smile. I sit down when Kazue walks over, and places him in my arms. "I missed you so much" I whisper as I hold him close to my face. "She said to tell you that she's sorry. And that she didn't agree with him and that's why she brought him back. I don't respond and just hug my son. "Why don't you lie down huh? You haven't been able to sleep at all" Kazue says. "No need" I say, inhaling Taio's scent. "Why don't you then lay in bed with him. He might nap too" Kazue says. I shake my head and Kazue walks to the door, and opens it just slightly. I didn't even hear a knock. "You're not welcome here" Kazue says. There's a respond but I barely hear it. "Please leave" Kazue says. "I just need to talk to her please" Jinshi says. "You have hurt her too much. I don't care what you do to me for insubordination, but I won't let you near my lady. Not while she's in this state. You need to leave, and she needs to sleep" Kazue says and closes the door. "Thank you" I whisper. "No need" Kazue says. I press soft kisses all over Taio's little face. "You need to sleep, Akiko-sama" she says. "I can sleep later. I need to hold him now" I say. Kazue sighs and pours me a cup of tea. "Fine. You hold and hug him, but in an hour you're going to sleep, both of you" She says strictly. I look at her amused. "You're deciding that?" I ask amused. Kazue blushes. "I-I am!" I say. I chuckle. "Let's listen to auntie Kazue. She's usually right. In an hour we'll sleep" I whisper to Taio. There's another knock on the door. Kazue walks over and just locks it. "She's good to us" I whisper to my son.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

286K 18.2K 22
"you might not be my lover, but you still belong to me" "crazy, you don't even love me but you want to claim me as yours? have you lost your mind jeo...
169K 5.9K 43
โ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. โž She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
68.7K 1.4K 47
*Completed* "Fake it till you make it?" A messy relationship with a heartbroken singer in the midst of a world tour sounds like the last thing Lando...