Rooh (Book 2 - Singhania Brot...

De Amateurmisswriter_

The journey of a family bonded by heart and soul instead of blood! The journey of a boy who was left homeless... Mai multe

BOOK INFORMATION
Character Sketch
Prologue
Part 1 : Right to brother's love
Part 2 : His child
Part 3 : Mr. Singhania
Part 4 : Driving to grave
Part 5 : Consequences
Part 6 : A father
Part 7 : A family
Part 8 : Expressing emotions
Part 9 : Fun and assurances
Part 10 : Brother and sister
Part 11 : Home
Part 12 : The best way to answer!
Part 13 : Affianced
Part 14 : Pain and agony
Part 15 : His anchor
Part 16 : Wounds and love
Part 17 : Their angel
Part 18 : The essence of relationships
Part 19 : The half truth
Part 20 : Trust
Teaser
Part 21 : A brother's love
Part 23 : Suffering in silence
Intertwined hearts
Part 24 : Lifeline
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29

Part 22 : Love and acknowledgements

2.9K 240 175
De Amateurmisswriter_

Aniket looked relieved as he saw Ayaansh ascending the stage. He looked back at Rishaan who was checking Aryan's ankle.

"Sprain?"

Rishaan nodded. "Nothing bad. But it'll pain a bit while making movements. Stay careful while walking." He looked at Aryan and added, "can you?"

"Of course I can, Bhai." Aryan said offended.

Rishaan gave him a suspicious look.

Aryan huffed. Rishaan smiled and looked at Aniket. "Make sure he gives the foot enough rest. Movements will hurt for a day or two."

Aniket nodded and looked at Aryan. "No hoping around, Aru. I mean it."

"Arey aap dono ko mai bandar lagta hoon kya?" Aryan whined.

"You doubt that?" Both of them teased.

Aryan glared at them and looked away.

The friends smiled at each other. Rishaan turned to Aniket and spoke slowly. "Tu thik hai?"

"Haan?"

"I asked what's wrong?"

Aniket shook his head. Rishaan gave him a pointed look. Aniket had to look away. Rishaan nudged him again. Aniket glared at him and then at his phone that was continuously ringing. He received the call with annoyance.

"Hello?"

"Hello?"

Aniket was about to disconnect when the voice came from other side. Aniket stilled at his place. Rishaan nudged him, signing Ayaansh's performance was to begin. Aniket came out of his trance and composed himself. He signed back Rishaan about attending the call and moved away quietly. He couldn't let his expressions betray his inner turmoil.

"What do you want?" Aniket asked in a cold voice.

......

Whatever was said from other side made Aniket go week on his knees. But his eyes glinted when he heard next words. There was no way he was going to let that man walk all over him. He was no more dealing with a fifteen year old Aniket.

"Do your worst, Mittal." Aniket hissed. "I dare you to lay a finger on my family."

.....

"You've no business knowing about him!" Aniket said sharply.

Something was said on the other side and Aniket's palm clenched into first due to anger. But when he spoke, his voice remained measured. "You're dealing with lawyer Aniket Singhania, Mittal. Ek baar basics law padh lete? I'll not have to lift up a finger to win the case."

......

"And neither to destroy you." Aniket cut him off this time. He couldn't let "Learn the basics of law before touching my family. And if possible learn to cut your losses, Mittal."

......

"I'll be there." Aniket replied coldly.

As soon as the line went dead, Aniket felt the palpitations in his heart. He stood rooted to his place. He was relieving the past that was hundred times worse than his nightmares. He was startled out when he felt someone squeezing his hand. He looked up to find Shivangi looking at him with worry etched all across her features.

"Ani?"

Aniket stared at her blankly.

"Ani, kya hua?" Shivi shook him up. His demeanor was worrying her. "Kiska call tha? What's wrong..."

She was taken aback when Aniket hugged her tightly. She could feel his racing heart. She wrapped her arms around him. Her eyes teared up. Her Aniket never fell weak. He hated to show his weakness. It must be something huge to break Aniket like that. She wished she could provide him some comfort but she knew she couldn't.

Aniket held onto her. He awfully needed that warmth to calm down himself. The truth had been buried for so long that it's reemergence had left him shaken. His mind flashed the visions in front of him.

"Tumhe mere paas vapas aana hoga!"

Aniket was horrified to even hear that. He took a step back. "Nhi, kabhi nhi..."

"Soch lo, Aniket," Mittal leaned back on his chair and smirked looking at Aniket. "Agar tum nhi toh Aryan hoga tumhari jagah..."

"Shut up!" Aniket yelled. "Aru ko kuch nhi kar sakte tum. Woh humare saath rahega..."

"I've his legal custody. I can snatch him the moment I want to." Mittal gave him a wicked smile.

Aniket gasped.

"But I've an offer for you. Agar tum mere saath aa jaoge, mai Aryan ko haath nhi lagaunga.."

Aniket shook his head. "Bhaiya wouldn't let you touch Aryan. Neither me. You cannot hurt our family..."

"Family?" Mittal snickered. "Kon si family? Kuch nhi lagta..."

"Shut the hell up, Mittal." Aniket glared at him. There was only so much he could listen calmly. "I don't want your knowledge over family's definition. Let me go."

Aniket used his anger to mask up the fear he was feeling. He was returning from school when Mittal blocked his way. He had been shocked beyond words. They had relocated to Mumbai just to make sure they never crossed paths with that man again but the fate always had its own plans.

Mittal rose from the chair and walked towards Aniket. "You need to think calmly, Aniket. I've Aryan's legal custody. The moment I file the case, he will be mine. Do you want that?"

"Kya bakwas hai yeh?" Aniket looked at him angrily. "No court will give a child's custody to you. Go and file the case."

"Court proofs par chalte hai. And you've already seen I've Aryan's legal custody papers."

"Aru will never want to leave us," Aniket retorted fiercely.

"The court doesn't listen to kids," Mittal smiled evilly. "Arnav is too young to be a child's guardian. He can't compete with me even for a second."

"Bhaiya doesn't even need to compete with you." Aniket snapped back. "A person like you can never be any child's guardian...."

"Why don't you have a look at this?" Mittal slid a file across Aniket's side.

Aniket looked at him suspiciously before he picked up the file. Mittal's smirk deepened.

Aniket took a step back in shock as he went through the file. His head reeled with what he was reading. For a moment, his surroundings blurred. Mittal was speaking but he couldn't listen anything. He was too stunned to process anything.

"You're making this up, are you not?" He muttered. This couldn't be true. It just couldn't.

"Now what do you think, Aniket?" Mittal sat back on the chair and crossed his arms.

"This is not possible," Aniket yelled. How could it be the truth? He looked at Mittal who was wearing a victorious smirk on his face and bubbled up in anger. He tore the files in fury and threw it away.

Angry tears rushed to his eyes. "Mai nhi maanta... You can't take Aryan from us. Court will not grant you his custody. Yeh sab jhooth hai.. Arey Tum jaise aadmi ko toh..."

"You've seen the truth, Aniket. I already have his legal custody." Mittal gave him a sugarcoated smile. "I can snatch Aryan from you with a flick of my fingers. You know that you guys can't fight against me in the court."

Aniket's body quivered at the mere thought.

"However, I'm a giving you an offer. Agar tum mere saath vapas aaoge, toh mai Aryan ko kuch nhi karunga. He can happily stay with Arnav."

"Why are you doing this?" Aniket's voice shook. His head felt like it would burst.

"The decision remains yours, Aniket." Mittal ignored his question and spoke. "Either you or Aryan! One of you has to come with me!"

Aniket's eyes filled up.

"If you don't wish to come, Aryan will."

The words made Aniket shiver. He couldn't even imagine Aryan being in that hell hole.

"Kya soch rhe ho, Aniket? Is it that hard to decide?"

Fear surfaced Aniket's heart. They were just learning to heal. How was he supposed to retrace the steps that would lead him to his wildest nightmare?

"Okay then," Mittal dusted his hands in air. "Aryan is mine..."

"No!" Aniket yelled in frustration. "He can never be yours. He is ours. He will never come to you."

"If he won't, then you will." Mittal spat.

Aniket's palms fisted in half fear and half anger.

"Answer me, kid. I don't have much time."

When Aniket remained silent, Mittal picked up his phone and gave a pointed look to Aniket.

"I shall call my lawyer and file the case for Ar..."

"Naam mat lo uska!" Aniket cut him off. His voice was shaking but his decision was made. "If it's either me or Aryan, then I'll come with you."

Mittal smirked in victory. "Mujhe yahi ummeed thi..."

"But how do I believe you that you will not trouble my brothers later?" Aniket questioned. He couldn't walk blindly.

"I'll transfer the custody to Arnav's name."

"How do I believe you?"

"You've no other option." Mittal snapped harshly.

"I do." Aniket countered angrily. "We will go to cops. Your illegal business, child trafficking..."

He was cut off by Mittal's evil laughter. He looked at Mittal incredulously. The guy had lost his mind.

"You will be behind bars..."

"You don't know how the world works, do you, kid?" Mittal sneered.

Aniket was still looking at him incredulously.

"Go and find one policeman who will register complaint against me. You will not even be able to file a case, let alone fight me in the court."

Aniket tensed. He hadn't given it a thought but now it felt stupid to even think that law will support them. Mittal was a renowned businessman for the world. They were nobody. Money could buy people, law was no exception.

"Shall I call my lawyer?" Mittal threatened again.

"No, don't." Aniket stopped him immediately. He blinked furiously to keep the tears at bay as he spoke. "I-I will come. I will come with you. Don't do anything to Aryan."

A wicked grin made its way to Mittal's lips. This is exactly how he had planned it.

"But I need time."

Mittal looked at him suspiciously.

"Please. Thoda time. I don't want Bhaiya to know about this." Aniket didn't realise he was pleading. His emotions were taking control over his senses. His eyes filled up when he thought about Arnav. His Bhaiya loved Aryan so much. If the truth was hurting him so much, it would shatter Arnav beyond measures. He couldn't do that to his Bhaiya. Neither to Aryan. They deserved better.

"Arnav ka sach janne ka haq banta hai." Mittal smiled evilly. He knew Aniket would say that.

"You don't get to decide that." Aniket said and breathed out to calm down himself. "Please. You want me. Mai aaunga tumhare saath, bas Bhaiya ko kuch mat batao..."

"How would you come with me if you don't tell Arnav? If you come without telling him, he would come behind you and eventually get to know."

Aniket tensed up. "Mai kuch kar loonga. I'll find some way. Just keep Bhaiya and Aryan out of this."

"If you wish, I've one way." Mittal smirked internally as he saw that he had Aniket's attention. "Pull back from Arnav. Make him hate you so that he doesn't come behind you. Trouble him to an extent that he is forced to give up on you."

Aniket took a step back involuntarily as the words registered inside his brain.

"Otherwise the easier option is always there. Go and tell him the truth."

Despite his shaking hands, Aniket's voice was firm when he spoke, "No. Bhaiya ko kuch batane ke zaroorat nhi hai. I'll do whatever you say par Bhaiya ko kuch mat batao."

Mittal's smile deepened. "As you wish. I'm letting you go as you've promised to come back. If you go back on your words, I'll approach Arnav this time. Aryan.."

"Maine kaha na mai aaunga." Aniket retorted. "Keep Bhaiya and Aryan out of this."

Mittal shrugged.

Aniket turned around to leave. Mittal called him back. Aniket looked at him annoyed.

"You've to make Arnav give up on you."

Aniket looked away and reluctantly nodded his head.

"This might help."

Aniket was shocked when Mittal forwarded him a hazelnut chocolate bar. He looked up at him in disgust. "I'm allergic to them."

"Why do you think I'm giving it to you?" The heinous smile on his face disgusted Aniket. "This is the best way to force Arnav to give up on you."

"Are you crazy?" Aniket snapped.

"You don't want to cross me, Aniket." Mittal hissed.

Aniket tensed up. He thought for a minute and then reached for the chocolate bar. He couldn't come up with another alternative. He grabbed it and ran out of there. Mittal looked at his retreating figure and laughed to himself. He had played with the greatest weakness the boy had. He would enjoy seeing the brothers being a puppet in his game. The screeching laughter echoed the evil intentions in it.

Aniket walked on the road aimlessly. His vision was so blurred with tears that he could hardly see his surroundings. His every fibre was shivering on inside. He still couldn't make himself believe what he had just come to know. Aryan was theirs! Their baby brother!

Tears streamed down his face eventually. He couldn't gulp it back any longer. Aryan was just six! If he stepped back, his brothers would have to pay the price. Neither of them deserved that kind of pain. Aniket shook his head to himself in subconscious state. Even the thought was pricking his heart mercilessly. Aryan would get all the love a child of his age should get. Aniket knew Arnav would make sure of that. He loved Aryan like his own child. The truth would break him apart.

He sank down on his knees and cried his heart out, burying his face in his palms. Why was destiny so cruel to them?

"Ani!"

"Aniket!"

"Huh, haan?" Aniket was shaken out of his thoughts by Shivangi.

"Are you okay, Ani?" Shivi asked worriedly. "Bhaiya ko bulau?"

Aniket shook his head. "I'm okay..."

"Shut up!" Shivi pulled back from him in anger. His actions were agitating her. "Dare you say you're okay, Aniket Singhania. I can clearly see you're not. Bohot hua yeh sab ab. Phir se naani ne kuch kaha tumhe? Ab kya chahti hai woh?"

"It's not her, Shivi..." Aniket tried to reach for her but Shivi stood her ground.

"Yeh sab sahi nhi hai, Ani. Tum Naani ki vajah se Bhaiya ke vishwas ka apmaan kar rhe ho. I told you the same thing when you decide to go Rishikesh. Par tumhe sunni nhi hai. Bhaiya ek Bhai ke liye apne dusre Bhai ko khatre me daal ke khush nhi honge. He will blame himself..."

"Kya keh rhi ho, Shivi? It's not that..."

"It is. Please samajh yaar," Shivi stepped closer to him. "How can you trust that man to say the truth? How can you be sure that he's not bluffing?"

Aniket remained silent. He had given it a proper thought. Shivi had a very valid point. But the issue was that even if Mittal was bluffing, Aniket needed to be sure. And there was only one way to do that. He had to confront that man.

"Ani..."

"Guys," Rishaan's voice interrupted them and they pulled away from each other. "You two are missing Ayu's performance. I'm telling you he'll not take it well. Come on now. You guys can romance later..." He teased.

"I've not intentions of wasting my time." Shivi shot Aniket a disgusted look and walked away.

Aniket sighed. "Chal,"

"Did I say something wrong?" Rishaan asked in confusion.

"You're always wrong when it comes to women, Rishi. Come on now."

The public was charmed by Ayaansh's magical voice. Every song he sung ended with bursts of cheers and resounded with public's approval. He took up most of the songs from Ritvik and Aniket's collection. It was almost the time to end the show. He looked at the crowd and saw the smiling faces of his family. He smiled back and closed his eyes before he started singing. It was time he did something that he had been hesitant to do for so long.

Naa kuch puchha
Na kuch maanga,
Tune Dil se diya Jo diya

Naa kuch bola
Naa kuch tola
Muskura ke diya jo diya

The crowd fell silent almost immediately. The song was so deeply entrusted with emotions. Everyone could feel the wealth of emotions behind the words. Ashi held Arnav's hands. They knew whom Ayaansh was singing for.

Tu hi dhoop
Tu hi chhaya
Tu hi apna paraya

Aur kuch na janu
Bas itna hi janu

Tujh mein rab dikhta hai
Yaara mai kya Karu
Tujh mein rab dikhta hai
Yaara mai kya karu

Sajde sar jhukta hai
Yaara mai kya karu
Tujhme rab dikhta hai
yaara mai kya karu...!

Arnav's eyes misted and the look on his face gave away the brewing overwhelmingness in his heart. Aryan couldn't stop his tears when he saw his Bhaiyu blinking away the moisture from his eyes. The words were effortlessly exposing their feelings to the world.

Ayaansh saw the glistening tears in Arnav's eyes and his own eyes brimmed up. He closed his eyes, shutting out the world, and only seeing one face among the lot.

Kaisi hai yeh doori,
Kaisi majboori,
Maine nazron ne tujhe choo liya

Ho ho ho kabhi Teri khusboo,
Kabhi Teri baatein
Bin maange yeh jahaan pa liya

Shivangi reached for Aniket's hands when she saw him struggling to hold back his tears. She was mad at him but she knew he was hurting. The circumstances were forcing him to do the one thing he would have never done willingly. The song must be hitting home for him. Arnav held the same place in each of their hearts. Ayaansh's every word was weaving a melody that echoed with deepest gratitude and undying love they had for that one person!

Tu hi Dil ki hai rounak,
Tu hi janmo ki daulat,
Aur kuch na janu mai
Bas itna hi janu..

Tujh mein rab dikhta hai
Yaara mai kya Karu
Tujh mein rab dikhta hai
Yaara mai kya karu

Sajde sar jhukta hai
Yaara mai kya karu
Tujhme rab dikhta hai
yaara mai kya karu...!

Aryan hugged Aniket tightly. He felt overwhelmed, as did every other person present there. He wanted to throw himself in his Bhaiya's arms but he knew the moment belonged to his Bhai. He wished he could vocalise his feeling as beautifully as his Bhai had done. They all were so proud of him!

Ayaansh ran down the stage as soon as the performance was over and beelined for Arnav. Arnav had given him all the love a father would give to his child; he wouldn't falter from paying the respect his Bhaiya deserved from him. He looked into Arnav's eyes with a wealth of emotions.

Arnav could hardly give a reaction.

Inhaling deeply, Ayaansh lowered himself to touch his Bhaiya's feet; an act, for him, akin to that of bowing his head in reverence before deity! His Bhaiya was nothing less to him!

Time had gone still for Arnav. He blinked off the glistening tears in his eyes when his wife placed his hand on the boy's head, who was still touching his feet, waiting for him to reciprocate. He lifted Ayaansh up and hugged his child to his chest. He felt his heart bursting out of emotions. What he had given to their relationship was nothing compared to what Ayaansh had given to him in that one moment ! Absolutely nothing !

____________________________________

A/n

How was the chapter?

Favourite character or scene?

Many people had requested for Ayaansh's performance on this song. Even during Dhadkan, there were so many requests for this one scene so I finally decided to include it.

As most of us know, the last scene is completely taken from Swati Di's book. Though it is present in more or less every brotherhood based book but at least for me, it was her book where I had first read such a scene so I can't end this chapter without mentioning her. Thank you for bringing such amazing and heart warming content to us! @swatiSandewp

-Muskan

Sorry for the delay in update. I'm being tortured by my studies. I guess everyone is.

Hope you guys liked the chapter.

The target remains same.

Much love,
Aashvi

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

13.5K 887 11
Four Brothers and One Sister! A sister who stayed with her mother away from her brothers. She saw and went through enough in her life at a young age...
256K 2.7K 10
---- SAMPLE ONLY------ The brother who guided him from darkness to life, gave a promise to their dying father...... a promise that brought home a tee...
86.3K 5.5K 43
1 innocent soul and his 3 elder siblings. Arjun begin strict yet loving elder brother and a father figure to the twins will he change and turn into s...