Consequences || Simon Ghost R...

By AmaliaBently

TW ;; VIOLENCE, SMUT, KINDA GRAPHIC? Sky Bridges, a fresh addition to Task Force 141, entered the world... More

Author's Note
Chapter One || Introduction
Chapter Two || Training
Chapter Three || Sun Kissed Freckles
Chapter Four || Vacation
Chapter Five || Jealousy
Chapter Six || Hostage
Chapter Seven || Obsession
Chapter Eight || Cigarettes & Vodka
Chapter Nine || Drunken Love
Chapter Ten || Paranoia
Chapter Eleven || Nostalgic Destruction
Chapter Twelve || Delude
Chapter Thirteen || Melancholy Blue
Chapter Fourteen || Black & Blue
Chapter Fifteen || Plush Bunny
Chapter Sixteen || Hopeful Rays
Chapter Seventeen || Home
Chapter Eightteen || Recollection
Chapter Nineteen || Pistol
Chapter Twenty || Instability
Chapter Twenty-One || Revealed Dancer
Chapter Twenty-Two || Discharged
Chapter Twenty-Three || Reverie
Chapter Twenty-Five || Love & Misfortune
Chapter Twenty-Six || Mimi
Chapter Twenty-Seven || Profound Misery
Chapter Twenty-Eight || Burdened Rose
Chapter Twenty-Nine || Heavy-Hearted Sweetness
Epilogue (UNEDITED)
Important Authors Note

Chapter Twenty-Four || Reunify

138 7 0
By AmaliaBently

━━ ◦ 🕷 ◦ ━━

10:20 PM

Location: Bombay Beach

Illuminated with an enticing brilliance, the night sky cast a glittering spectacle. A mesmerizing tableau of profound darkness punctuated by the dainty flickering of countless stars, it unrolled like an expansive canvas. This nocturnal display of cosmic beauty seemed like a picturesque tapestry woven by the expert fingers of the universe itself.

     The chilling wind frolicked mischievously through her flaming tresses as she sought sanctuary behind an old tree, raiding her bag with a clear sense of desperation. "Where is it?" She whispered, her voice laced with a hint of apprehension. The realization dawned that her journal, with all its essential notes and even a location map, was lost somewhere along the journey. A wave of irritation climbed up, leading to a heavy sigh as she settled on her belly, shoving her bag aside.

     Gulping down a deep, trembling breath, she took a brief pause to gather her composure as her frenzied heartbeat gradually subsided. She became attuned to the quietness of the night enveloped around her, the distant murmurings, and the symphony of cricket songs serenading the dark. Slowly, almost cautiously, Sky maneuvered herself onto her hands and knees and stealthily made her way towards the antiquated building. The echoing footsteps from within caused her to halt momentarily.

     Her gaze snapped to the shadowy figure outlined against the window, and a wave of dread washed over her. The slender silhouette was undeniably Madilyn, and a surge of immediacy overtook her - she had to eavesdrop, and there was no time to waste.

     "Akim, you to depart when the sun rises tomorrow." Madilyn expressed, her tone saturated in animosity and contempt, "They've set up camp a bit farther along the path."

     From her concealed vantage point, Sky could observe a side-profile view of Madilyn. Her lips were subtly animating, each word casting a hypnotic hold over Akim who hung onto their meaning. Suddenly, Sky's world began to whirl, the revelation of Madilyn's participation causing her seemingly stable reality to spiral into chaos.

     Caught amidst the ongoing chaos, her mind spun like a storm almost overpowering her senses. As she grappled to decipher the complex jigsaw presented before her, the lingering endnotes of Madilyn and Akim's dialogue subtly reached her ears, like whispers carried by a passing gust of wind. Their words, although faint, were significant shards of the larger picture that she was determined to assemble.

     The rhythmic pitter-patter of hurried footsteps started resonating through the seemingly abandoned building, growing louder before gradually fading into nothingness. The eerie silence that followed was abruptly interrupted by a door slamming harshly, sending a chilling echo reverberating through the night.

     Madilyn ventured out into the chilling breeze, her bare arms instantly grappling with the icy touch of the wind. It playfully caught her blonde tresses, tossing them across her face. With a huff and a muttered "Fuck," she trudged her way back to the sheltering warmth of their temporary camp.

     Sky watched as she started to drift away into the horizon, trailing her covertly, her course of action crystallized in her mind. She felt an urgent need to confide in Simon, to spill the beans about Madilyn's cryptic conversation. Above all, she was determined to impede Akim by any means necessary.

━━ ◦ 🕷 ◦ ━━

     As she gracefully arrived at the camouflaged campsite, her sharp, vigilant gaze meticulously swept the landscape, searching for any telltale signs of danger lurking in the shadows. Meanwhile, Madilyn cautiously made her way into the tent. Sky's attuned ears served as an antenna, omnivorously picking up every whisper, every breath, and the subtlest rustlings that escaped from within the canvas shelter.

     At last, the cacophony subsided and she found herself perched on a nearby boulder, absorbing a lungful of air and releasing it in a whisper-soft exhale. The memory of her last encounter with Task Force 141, where they deliberated on her discharge, felt like an echo from a different era. It seemed like it was from another life altogether.

     Her attention was suddenly snatched away, drawn to the left by a peculiar sound that rang through the quiet landscape. Her eyes widened with apprehension, darted hurriedly to its origin just in time to glimpse a large, intimidating figure emerging slowly from the shadow of the tent.

     A wave of disappointment washed over her in a bitter torrent when she realized it wasn't Simon, it was Price. He looked different, dramatically altered from when she last saw him; now wearing clear, undeniable signs of extreme exhaustion. The pressure of relentless hours on the job and countless sleepless, worrisome nights were finally making their visible and worrisome mark on him.

     In a swift, instinctive response, she decided to seek immediate refuge behind the rock, large enough to hide her presence. From there, she cleverly observed his actions, each detail feeding her curiosity and worry from her concealed vantage point.

     "You go back inside, I'll take the first watch. You need to rest, Captain." Simon released a profound sigh, reaching for a cigarette with a somber expression.

     "You'll be fine on watch?" Price, amid a significant yawn, didn't hang around for any sort of reply. Instead, he amicably retired to his tent, gearing up for some much-needed rest.

     As he ignites his cigarette, a vexed expletive escapes under his breath. Sky's gaze locks onto him the instant he steps into view. Her heart hammers an audible rhythm in her ears as she battles to retain her calm, striving to hide her presence.

     Every move he made towards her only intensified the inner turmoil she was experiencing. His proximity made it harder to stay quiet, to avoid deliberately giving away her hiding spot. Conveniently, he settled on the very stone she was covertly tucked behind, leaving behind a vaporous trail from his lit cigarette.

     Sky halted, her gaze lifting towards an overwhelming sight that left her thoughts jumbled. The distinctive skull balaclava was like a brand, removing any doubts about the person's identity. There was a noticeable change about him too, an apparent outcome of unyielding dedication toward training and many late nights spent in the sanctum of Price's office.

     Releasing a deep breath, her mounting anxieties began to recede, creating a small sanctuary for her to breathe easily once more. She inhaled slowly, cautiously, striking a balance against the tide of emotions threatening to sweep her off her feet. Gradually she stood, fending off the wave of nervousness poised to consume her in a blink.

     Each movement - from the hesitating rise of her body to the subtle flicker in her gaze - was a silent declaration of the internal battle she waged within herself. With every beat of her scared heart, her mind seemed governed by the wild, racing butterflies in her stomach.

     Without warning, he swung his head around to gaze at her, his eyes fluttering several times as he tried to make sense of the scene before him, "Sky?" He stuttered, his voice filled with uncertainty.

     With a wave of nervous anticipation washing over her, she gave him a shaky nod. "Mmhmm," she exhaled, her voice barely a whisper. There was this unshakeable fear looming within her, thinking he would bristle with anger at her arrival.

     Instead, it appeared as though he devoted his entire focus exclusively on her. He stayed silent for a while, his eyes wide and intent on her, as if he was committing her image to memory once more. All the while, the cigarette he'd been puffing on dangled precariously from his lips.

     "What are you doing here?" At long last, he succeeded in voicing his thoughts, his tone subdued and his words delicate.

     "Please don't be mad," she commenced, her tone unwavering and confident, in stark contrast to her internal state of fragility, akin to a feather teetering on the brink of being swept away. "But something's wrong, and the suspicions that I had before I left weren't incorrect." Her gaze never wavered from his, her eyes meticulously scanning every crevice of his features for any trace of indignation, irritation, or any harsh sentiment that may confirm her worst fear. However, in that singular eternity, he shrouded his intimidations, discarded his cigarette, and stood upright, drawing her into a tender embrace that pledged nothing but comfort.

     With his chin tenderly resting on her crown, a sense of serenity cascaded over her - a sensation she had not savored for many sunsets. Breathing in his unmistakable aroma, his limbs curved around her in an embrace that served as her refuge. 

     "My little mouse..." He spoke softly, each utterance blooming with endearment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

154K 3.3K 62
โœจSequel of ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ฐ๐–ž๐–Š๐–˜ โœจ After the Federation mission, you lost many of your comrades, the Ghosts unit deteriorated, so everyone had to disappe...
3.3K 77 29
He was a shadow who lurked in darkness, She was the light who illuminated his existance. He was a puzzle wrapped in an enigma, She was the bane to hi...
76 2 4
WARNING: This story/timeline is not connected to the franchise, i don't own any of the characters, but the story is my imagination. This story will c...
682 35 14
You've been a part of Task Force 141 for about six months now. You've cultivated strong friendships and a sense of family within the unit. But there...