Chef's Kiss || Joshua

By xutaytay

Lost&Found universe book #3 Joshua discovers a newfound interest in Yumi, the new girl in town. Their love... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
34
35
36
37
38
39
Bonus chapter

33

825 38 8
By xutaytay

Today was the day of the trial for Yumi's kidnapper, Joshua found himself unable to shake the knot of worry that had taken root in the pit of his stomach.

He wanted to be there for her but for obvious reasons he couldn't. Areum and Sunhee made sure to take the day off and be with her.

Despite his attempts to focus on the morning practice with the other members of Seventeen, his mind kept wandering back to Yumi, and the impending trial weighed heavily on his thoughts.

Jeonghan noticed the tension in Joshua's demeanor as they walked in. With a furrowed brow, he approached his friend, concern etched on his features as he reached out to offer support.

"Hey" Jeonghan began, his voice laced with gentle concern as he settled beside Joshua on the chair "You seem a bit off today. Is everything alright?"

Joshua managed a weak smile, though the worry in his eyes betrayed his attempt at reassurance. "Yeah, I'm okay," he replied, his voice tinged with uncertainty. "It's just... the trial for Yumi's kidnapper is today and she hasn't told me anything"

Sympathy flashed in Jeonghan's eyes as he listened to Joshua's words, understanding the weight of his friend's concerns. "I understand," he said softly, offering a comforting squeeze to Joshua's shoulder. "But you have to trust in the legal process. Yumi is strong, and she'll get through this."

Nodding slowly, Joshua said "I know," he murmured, his gaze dropping to the floor as he struggled to push back the waves of anxiety. "But it's hard not to worry, you know? I just want her to be safe."

Jeonghan's expression softened with empathy as he reached out to offer his friend a reassuring smile. "I get it," he said gently,

He looked at his phone seeing if he had any messages but nothing.

Joshy 🧜‍♀️

Sweets call me right away ok?
I need to know you're ok

Yumi stepped out of the courthouse, her heart heavy with the weight of the trial's proceedings. The echoes of the courtroom still reverberated in her mind, each testimony and cross-examination leaving her feeling drained and vulnerable. Anxiety gnawed at her insides as she tried to process the whirlwind of emotions swirling within her.

Areum and Sunhee, sensing her distress, were quick to offer their support, guiding her gently to their waiting car.

They could tell she was fighting demons inside her head but they were afraid to push it. Seeing his face again it wasn't easy for her.

As they drove her home, Yumi kept her mouth shut and didn't even look up. She was playing with her fingers.

When they arrived at her apartment, the girls wanted to stay.

"You can go home" Yumi said to them

"You don't have to be alone" Areum took a step forward but Yumi shook her head

"I need some time"

"He's gonna be away for a long time" Sunhee reassured her " he can't hurt you"

Against their will, Areum left with Sunhee.

Yumi's facade of composure crumbled the moment they left, tears streaming down her cheeks as she collapsed onto the couch.

In the midst of her crying, Yumi's thoughts turned to Joshua, the one person she wanted with her right now.

With trembling hands, she reached for her phone, dialing his number with a sense of desperation that bordered on panic.

"Joshua," Yumi choked out, her voice trembling with emotion as he answered the call. "I need you... please come home."

"I'm going sweets. Breathe slowly for me please"

Her words were barely audible over the sound of her ragged breathing and the steady stream of tears that flowed down her cheeks. In that moment, all she wanted was the comfort and reassurance that only Joshua could give.

Joshua rushed to Yumi's side, his heart aching at the sound of her tearful plead. As he entered her apartment, he found her curled up on the couch, her shoulders trembling with each ragged breath. Without hesitation, he crossed the room and sank down beside her, gathering her into his arms in a gentle embrace.

"Baby" murmured softly, his voice laced with concern as he pressed a tender kiss to her forehead. "I'm here. You're safe now."

Yumi buried her face against his chest, her tears soaking into the fabric of his shirt as she clung to him with desperate strength. "Joshua," she whispered brokenly, her voice choked with emotion. "I... I don't know why am like this. I'm so scared."

Joshua held her close, his arms a comforting shield from her anxiety. "It's okay," he whispered soothingly, his voice a gentle caress against her ear. "You don't have to be strong right now. Just let yourself feel whatever you need to feel. I'm here for you."

They sat together in silence for a long moment, the only sound the steady rhythm of their breathing and the faint echo of Yumi's sobs. In that moment, he was breathing with her, hoping she would mimick him and slow down her breathing.

Finally, Yumi spoke, her voice raw with emotion as she lifted her head to meet Joshua's gaze. "I'm just so scared, Joshua," she admitted, her eyes brimming with tears. "Seeing him again, made my skin crawl"

"He can't hurt you ," he said softly, his voice steady despite the turmoil raging within him. "I won't let him"

Yumi nodded and her breathing was back to normal.

Two days have passed and today is Yumi birthday, because of schedules, Joshua couldn't be in her place but she's waiting on him for lunch.

Family ♥️

Vernon
Hbd 🥳

Who told you?
And thank you

Wonwoo
Joshua told us
He was pretty upset for not being able to be with you

Joshua
Wow thanks
Tell her more

Seungkwan
He was miserable

Scoups
He didn't stop talking about you

Joshua
Can you guys shut up?

Areum
Second that
It's her birthday give her peace

Jun
Happy birthday Yumi!

Thanks

Mingyu
Happy birthday chef!

Sunhee
😒
I thought we were ok mingyu....

Dk
Babe
Relax
Happy birthday Yumiiiiiii

Hana
Happy birthday auntie Yumi

Jeonghan
Enjoy your day

Minghao
I sent you something
Careful it can break

You didn't have too
Thank you

Woozi
I bought you something too

Hoshi
I helped

Thank you guys!

Joshua
Now shut up cause I'm here and I don't wanna interruptions

Dino
🤐

Yumi smiled and opened her door when she saw his text. Instead of his face, she saw a big bouquet over his face.

"Book worthy?" He spoke behind the tulips

"How can you be this perfect" Yumi chuckled grabbing the flowers

"Happy birthday Sweets" Joshua warm voice filled up the room as he wrapped her waist and kissed her temples.

sunny my favorite ice cream eater 🍦 ♥️ Happy birthday 🎂

iamareum don't have any words for this one 💕

hycho missing you @yumm_yumi happy birthday ♥️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.6K 1.4K 40
Quiet romance book 3# Bitna is back. Despite their past connection, they must navigate the challenges of rebuilding their relationship while balan...
139K 3.5K 59
Quiet Romance Universe book #2 Dino has finally found a girl that he's interested in, his members are all in but... Hayun is healing from a past rela...
1K 14 19
A story with seventeen. A break up, that made the hearts of a young teen break a million pieces as it made like the world is gonna end on her part. Y...
245K 7.9K 54
Yoon JeongHan is Jeon Miyoung's childhood friend who went to Los Angeles, California when he was 7 years old to continue his studies there and came b...