A King and His Queen (Tifa x...

By Megoz7

It has been years since Y/n had last seen his childhood friends. Now as an adult, he returns to his homeland... More

Ch.1: Reunion
Ch.3: The Jessie Job
Ch.4: Tunnels, Tunnels, and More Tunnels
Ch.5: Mako Reactor 5
Ch.6: The Flower Girl
Ch.7: Wall Market Pt.1
Ch.8: Wall Market Pt.2
Ch.9: Spooks and Sewers
Ch.10: All Comes Crashing
Ch.11: Survivors
Ch.12: Before the Rescue
Ch.13: Into the Building
Ch.14: Upper Crust
Ch.15: The Lab
Ch.16: Destiny's Crossroads
Ch.17: New Horizons
Ch.18: The Calm Before...
Ch.19: ...The Storm
Ch.20: Together
Ch.21: Union (Nearly)
Ch.22: Headaches and Heartaches
Ch.22: Trial of Titan
Ch.23: Trial of Ramuh

Ch.2: Errand Boys and Girl

943 32 3
By Megoz7

Later that night, Y/n was awoken by the sound of a muffled voice. The voice suddenly turned into a raspy scream, causing Y/n to jump from the bed and rush out of the room. As he exited, he saw Cloud standing with his sword raised over his head. "CLOUD! STOP!" Shouted Tifa. "Get back inside!" Cloud responded. A cloaked man laid on the ground before Cloud and grasped his foot. "Get off me!" He swung his sword down, but Y/n matetialized a sword of his own, Hardedge, and was able to block the strike.

The two blades clashed and rang. Y/n pushed Cloud's sword off his, which caused Cloud to come to his senses. He gasped as Tifa walked over to the weak man. "What are you doing to Marco?" Questioned Tifa. "This is his apartment. He's got a few problems, but he's not a bad guy. The landlady asked me to check on him now and then to make sure he's okay. Can I ask you to do the same?" "...Sure." Without another word, Cloud returned back to his room.

"Can you help me get him to bed, Y/n?" "Sure." The two helped Marco to his feet and brought him back to his room. "Thank you." He said in a raspy voice. "Of course Marco. Goodnight."

Tifa and Y/n exited the room. Tifa gave a big sigh. "What's up with Cloud?" Y/n asked. "A lot has happened to him since you've been gone Y/n." "Such as?" "I'm not entirely sure, but I want to know too. Only when he's ready to open up." "Can't argue with that I guess." "Thank you for that save. Well, we should be heading back to bed." "Right."

The sun has risen on a new day. As Y/n exited his room, Cloud had exited his at the same time. "Morning, Cloud." Y/n greeted, but was met with a cold shoulder. Y/n shook his head and walked over to Cloud, pulling his shoulder to get his attention. "Can you talk to me, man? I haven't seen you in a decade and this is how you act." "Where have you been?" He asked sternly. "Living my life with my family. First chance I got to be on my own and I came straight to Midgar to see my best friends." "A lot's changed since then." "Yeah. You're even more broody then usual." "We can't just pretend like things are the same as they were back then." "I'm not saying they are, just that I'd like to think that my friend is just as excited to see me as I am to see him." Cloud remained silent. "I know things are different now, but we were like brothers back then, Cloud. I'd like to think that we still are." Y/n extended his hand for a shake. Cloud looked at his hand before taking it and shaking it.

"Well, now, you must be Cloud and Y/n." Said an elderly woman as the two stepped down the stairs. "That's right ma'am." Responded Y/n while Cloud just sighed. "I'm Marle, your landlady. So, how'd you like the place? You from up on high." "I've been around." Answered Cloud. "Sure was cozy though." Added Y/n. "I'll bet." She said to Y/n before turning to Cloud. "All kinds come through with all kinds of reasons. If you ever need an ear to bend, I'll lend you mine. Can be about anything. Even Tifa." "What's she to you?" Cloud inquired. "The granddaughter I never had. And if you hurt her, either of you, ull take it out if your hide. You hear me?" "Yes ma'am." Answered Y/n. "Good! Now you'd best get a move on to Seventh Heaven. She's got a head start on you and then some." Cloud nodded and turned to leave. "Oh wait." Y/n turned to her before being tossed a key. "For the room." "Thank you."

Y/n and Cloud shared minor discussions about Y/n's upbringing. Y/n wanted to ask Cloud about what happened after he had left, but decided against it after remembering Tifa's words.

The pair arrived at the bar. "Morning." Tifa greeted with a smile. "Hey." Responded Cloud. "Morning." Y/n said through a yawn. "Just so you know, Marlene's still asleep." Cloud nodded as he and Y/n took a seat. Tifa leaned on the bar top. "Let's get down to business shall we?" Y/n turned to Cloud who gave a confused face. "These water filters won't replace themselves. Although, the next batch probably could if Jessie out her mind to it." Cloud looked as if he couldn't be bothered. "Most every home in the area has one. Folks love em cause they practically eliminate the rotten egg smell. Honestly, they make us more money than this place. And it's easy money too." Cloud groaned. "We bring new filters, collect the old ones, and get paid." Tifa took notice of Cloud's attitude. "What?" "Gimme a break. I'm not a salesman. I'm a SOLDIER. Which is why no on will refuse to pay. What you say? Please?" Cloud turned to Y/n. "Seems like you got your work cut out for you." Y/n joked. "And with Y/n's help, we'll finish in no time." Y/n's smirk was quickly wiped off. "What? Why do I gotta?" "Please." Tifa gave Y/n the most adorable puppy eyes.

The h/c haired boy groaned. "Ugh, fine. I hate when you do that." "Yes! Always works. What about you Cloud?" Cloud sighed and rose to his feet. "Let's get this over with." "Great. And while, we're at it, I'll give you the grand tour."

Y/n and Cloud followed after Tifa who lead them towards a shop. "Hey there." Tifa greeted the shop keeper. "Here to change out your water filter." "Tifa baby, how you doing? Been waiting for you to... wait. Who're these guys?" "Cloud is in charge of collections. And Y/n is in charge of changing your filter." "Cool. Filter's out in the back." Y/n rolled his eyes and walked up to Tifa, extending his hand. "Gimme." Tifa giggled and handed him the filter.

After replacing the filter, the trio headed towards another shop. "Our next stop is Stargazer Heights. Landlady is a client." "Just met her." "Then you know what to expect. Remember, she's a good friend of Avalanche. So be nice, please." "Hey Tifa, what's Avalance?" Asked Y/n. "I heard a bit of them on my way here." "Oh. Avalanche is a group seeking to help the planet from companies like Shinra who abuse mako energy." "I see. You're a part of them?" "Sure am." "You Cloud?" "No. Just working for them." Tifa turned to them. "You're talking to each other now?" "Somewhat." Cloud responded. "Pretty sure talking to a parrot would be more engaging than him though." Y/n joked. "Shut up." Cloud said, trying his best to hide a smile. Tifa giggled and smiled at the sight of her closest friends sharing banter like they did in the past.

The trio arrived at the apartment building where Marle stood in the same place where Y/n and Cloud met her. "Hey, Marle." Tifa greeted. "Got some filters for you." "Tifa! My dear, dear, girl." Marle turned to the two men by her side and her demeaner soured. "Oh, what're they doing here?" "Working." Cloud responded. "Be nice." Tifa reminded. "Cloud's helping me with collections. And Y/n is helping change the filters." "You better take care of her." "I'm pretty good at taking care of myself, you know." "That I do. Still, better them than you." Marle scanned Cloud. "No charm, no wit. Big sword, but no skills." She turned to Y/n. "He, however, is respectful. I'm sensing he is quite protective. Him I approve of." Y/n chuckled nervously while Tifa blushed slightly. "Shall we get started on the filters?" Y/n asked.

After a few minutes, Cloud had collected the money and Y/n finished installing the filters. "Thanks again, dear." Marle waved as they departed.

"Marle's great." Began Tifa. "She actually helped me set up back in the day." "You been here long?" Cloud asked. "Five years give or take. But never mind that. We've gotta get you your money." "Money? Cloud's getting paid?" Y/n questioned. "We're actually doing this to settle a bill for Cloud's services." Tifa answered. "Last stop is the weapon store."

As the three entered the shop, the bitter vendor behind the counter shouted at them. "Hey! That last filter didn't do shit!" "We're so sorry about that." Tifa apologized. "Hopefully this one will work better." "Save your excuses and get out." "Okay. If you'll just settle your bill, we'll be on our way." "The hell? You charging me for your busted ass goods?" "My associate handles payment disputes." The vendor turned to Cloud. "Think you can mosey up in here and have it your way?" "Pretty please." Cloud remarked. The vendor scoffed before begrudgingly paying. "Don't you want me to install it?" Y/n asked Tifa. "No. You heard him. Let's go."

The trio exited the shop. "Now that we're done with our rounds and you've got a small fortune now, why not take a gander at the weapons?" Cloud looked at the coins in his hand. "Well... when will Barret be back with the rest?" Tifa sighed. "Before we open up tonight. It'll he a while yet, so what do you wanna do?" "Don't really know?" Tifa turned to Y/n who shrugged. "Wouldn't mind walking around some more." "In that case, I've got a suggestion. Wanna hear it?" "Sure." "Then why not help out the neighborhood watch? They're mostly volunteers, but you'll get to know people." "Yeah, okay." Cloud said. "Didn't see anybody at the office, so let's head up top."

Tifa lead Y/n and Cloud back into the weapons shop and headed up the stairs towards a storage room where Biggs and Wedge were gearing up. "Huh, didn't you know you were holding down the fort." "Oh, hey guys." Wedge turned to Cloud and Y/n. "Looking to join the neighborhood watch?" "That depends." Answered Cloud. "What does this neighborhood watch do?" "Um. Lots of stuff." Said Biggs. "But out top priority is taking care of any beasts that wander into town." "I'm down for beast hunting." Y/n volunteered. Biggs chuckled before continuing. "That and teaching the locals how to defend themselves." Wedge rose to his feet. "Like they say: "The only one who'll look out for you is you." "Cloud is great fighter, but only we know that." Tifa complimented. "If no one knows him, no one'll hire him. A merc's gotta eat somehow, right." "You're a merc now, Cloud?" Y/n asked to which his friend nodded. Biggs rose to his feet as well. "Truth be told, we could really use the help." "Don't count Y/n out either." Tifa added. "He's a great fighter. I'm sure he'll be able to deal with monsters no sweat." "Alright. Unfortunately we can't pay in gil, but we can work something out." "Just happy to help out." Y/n shrugged. Biggs laughed. "I like this guy already." He then turned to Cloud. "I could mod your sword if you'd like." "No thanks." Cloud backed away. "I like it the way it is." "What, you some kind of purist? I know I'd never pass up my chance to improve my gear. Come on, at least let me show you how it's done." Cloud reluctantly reached behind his back and handed his sword over to Biggs.

After Biggs finished modding the sword, he informed the two about where the monsters had taken habitat. "Scrap Boulevard. Good hunting." "Hey guys, I'll come with." Said Tifa. "We got this." Cloud responded. "But, you don't know the way, do you?" "I do." Y/n voiced. "Do you remember how to get there?" "No, not really, no." "Then it's settled."

Y/n and Cloud began to follow Tifa. "Scrap Boulder is out west. Past the barricades to keep monster out." The trio passed through a chain linked fence. "Here's Scrap Boulevard." "I can see why monsters would feel right at home." Cloud said as they looked at the heaps of garbage laying around the ground. "The more we pile up, the more they show up."

The ground shook slightly as they walked deeper inside. Suddenly, scorpion like creatures named Gorgers erupted from the ground. "And there's our first challenger!" Tifa announced. "Show me what you got guys."

Cloud wasted no time and lunged forward with his sword, slashing the Gorger. Y/n matetialized his Engine Blade which roared to life.

"How does he do that?" Tifa asked herself as Y/n rushed towards a Gorger and strike it down with two slashes. Cloud whipped his blade around effortlessly, killing two Gorgers. Y/n kicked a Gorger away and threw his sword, impaling it. He turned to another Gorger and jumped into the air before materializing Hardedge and using the weight of the sword to cleave the monster in two.

"Woah. Color me impressed." Tifa cheered. "That was just a warm up." Said Cloud. "I'll bet." Suddenly, another Gorge erupted near Tifa. Before the other two could react, Tifa landed two punches on the monster's body before uppercutting its head sending it flying away. "Wow." Y/n was starstruck. "Let's keep at it." She said while dusting her gloves off.

The trio continued their journey of clearing out the scrap yard. "Say Y/n, how do you just conjure up swords like that?" Asked Tifa. "I've been wanting to know too." Added Cloud. "I'm blessed with the ability to do so thanks to the Crystal, which is the cornerstone of the Kingdom of Lucis. The Crystal channels it's power through the king who grants others with the power to call upon their arms as they please." "Are you like a knight or something?" Tifa pondered. "Not exactly."

The three turned to more Gorgers, as well as rat monsters know as Wererats. Y/n shot a fireball from his hands which ignited the monsters. "Also grants me access to elemental magic such as fire, ice, and lightning." "Huh." Cloud reached into his pocket and took out a green orb. "Here we use these. Materia."

"Sure is more convenient not having to carry around so much gear." Said Tifa. "Absolutely. Maybe I could get my dad to grant you guys the abilities too." "YOUR DAD!?" Cloud and Tifa repeated in unison.

Y/n paused a he realized what he said. "Shit." He muttered. "Y/n." Tifa approached her friend. "You're a prince?" "Please don't tell anyone else, it's bad enough that you guys know now." Cloud raised a brow. "Why is that bad?" "I don't want you guys to treat me any different because of that title. As you said Cloud, things have changed in the past 10 years. I just really wanted to see you guys again and pretend that it was the same as it was then." "Y/n." Tifa put her hands on his shoulders. "Things have changed since then. But you know what hasn't? This." She gestured to the three of them. "No matter what, we'll always be friends. You're a prince? Awesome. You're still you, aren't you?" "Yeah." She then hugged him. "Then that's all we care about." Y/n smiled as he embraced her. "Thanks. Guess I was worried for nothing." The two turned to Cloud. "You're a prince. So what." Y/n chuckled.

After a bit more slaying, the trio came across the two Shinra soldiers that Y/n had killed the night before. "What happened here?" Cloud studied the bodies. "Monsters?" "No. More like Y/n." Cloud gasped. "You killed these two?" "Yeah. After they tried to kill a kid and tried to attack Tifa." "Hm."

Once again, more Gorgers erupted from the earth below. Y/n used his warp strike to impale a Gorger that charged Cloud who was slashing away at another. Tifa backflip kicked a Gorger into the air and she followed it by jumping and slamming it down with a drop kick.

"Alright." She sighed in satisfaction. "I think that's might be the last of them." "They won't stay gone for long." Cloud warned. "Of course not. Even so, folks will be grateful for the peace and quiet in the meantime. A win's a win, you know?" "True." "Let's go check in with Biggs and Wedge."

The trio returned back to the storage room where Biggs and Wedge sat waiting. "Back already?" Biggs said in disbelief. "Got every last one too." Said Tifa with pride. "Now the slums should be safe." "You guys are machines." Complimented Wedge, giving them a thumbs up. "Good job. Meanwhile, we told everyone we could about you. Even you Y/n." "What exactly did you tell them?" He questioned. "Just that if they needed something, they could ask the guy in black." "Okay. Good."

"How's the sword by the way?" Biggs asked Cloud who picked it up from his back. "Good." "Glad to hear it. Seems like the perfect fit for you." "Yeah. We've been. Through a lot-" Cloud suddenly groaned and clutched his head. "You okay?" Tifa asked. He quickly recomposed himself. "I'm fine." "Been meaning to ask. After you left the village-" Cloud turned his back. "It's a long story." "I've got time. Why don't you tell us all about it while we try to rustle up some more work for you?" "That sounds great!" Wedge exclaimed. "I'll come with you." "Oh no you won't." Biggs held him back. "Run along now. Go on."

"You had left the village?" Y/n asked. Before Cloud could say anything, a crowd began to gather around a house. "Stay away from me!" A man with red hair rushed out of the house with a Shinra soldier on his tail. The man fell down the stairs, allowing the soldier to restraint the man and blindfold him. "Get off me, assholes! I didn't do shit!" "Shut up punk." "Or what? Screw you!" "What's going on?" Tifa asked a resident. "Somebody went and stole some blasting agent from a Shinra warehouse. So Public Security started asking questions and you know how Johnny gets." "It's because of the reactor bombing I bet." Said another resident. "I could be wrong. But something tells me they're not gonna settle for roughing him up this time." "We've gotta save him, guys." Tifa turned to her friends. "Is he Avalanche?" Asked Cloud. "Does that matter?" Pondered Y/n. "Let's go Tifa." "Thank you."

The trio followed after the soldiers. From their distance, they could hear Johnny's constant complaints which eventually lead him to name dropping Jessie. "Ugh. I swear, all he had to do was keep his mouth shut." "Yep." Cloud agreed. "Anyway, you distract the officers, and I'll... figure something out."

Y/n and Cloud went lead the charge and confronted the soldiers. Two were dressed in white while another wore a red variant and had a guard dog beside him. "Let him go." Said Cloud. "Who are you? The cavalry?" "Is that? Is that who I think it is?" Johnny cried in relief. "Aw hell Yeah! You guys really came to save me!" Johnny's was forced to shut up due to Tifa knocking him out. "Hey! What are you doing?" Questioned a soldier as he raised his gun. "Here we go." Cloud sighed.

The guards wasted no time shooting their rifles. Y/n stepped forward and conjured Ziedrich to shield himself and his friends from the bullets.

From behind the shield, Tifa left into the air with a somersault and dive kicked a soldier, knocking him out instantly. Cloud followed up by thrusting his sword toward another soldier, killing him. The guard dog tried to bite at Tifa, but Cloud swiped it away with a slash. As the elite officer Cloud, Y/n rammed him with his shield, knocking him over. Cloud finished him off by stabbing him.

"Grab Johnny so we can get out of here." Tifa told Y/n. "On it." Before Y/n could approach the red head, he came too and began to exasperate. "What now?" Tifa asked. "Well. He's a talker." Cloud picked up his sword. Y/n's nodded. "You're right." Tifa rushed over and stopped him. "What! Don't do it man!" Johnny squirmed. Cloud crouched beside Johnny. "You wanna live, then get the hell out of town." Johnny nodded. "Mhm. Mhm. Mhm. You got it boss!" He rose to his feet in a panick and ran away. "Are you sure about this? It's a big risk." "I know, but... it's fine." "And them." He gestured to the soldiers. "I don't-" Tifa was cut off by Y/n blasting fire at their corpses. "What are you-" "It's better to cremate them. That way other soldiers won't know what happened and investigate of they find their bodies. That, and it'll keep the hungry monsters coming in this area." "Good thinking." Cloud agreed.

Tifa looked at her friends. The two sweet boys she grew up with were so desensitized to killing. "Y/n. Cloud. You're scaring me. We need to go before anyone sees us here."

The trio began to leave the area only for Tifa to stop and turn to them. "I'm worried about Johnny." "I'm more worried about us." Said Cloud. "We gotta go, right?" Tifa's face dropped. "Right." "What's wrong?" Asked Y/n. "It's just... you both've really changed." "How?" "It's just..  your eyes. They're less..." "It's the mako." Cloud shrugged off. "SOLDIER, remember?" "I remember. Actually, before we head to Seventh Heaven, why don't we swing by Statgazer Heights and rest for a bit." "Okay."

Tifa watched as Y/n and Cloud lead the way. The two sweet and innocent boys she grew up with had drastically changed. One was an Ex-SOLDIER of Shinra. The other is a prince who is accustomed to killing. Tifa felt a tear run down her cheek, but she quickly brushed it off and continued follow behind her friends.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62K 1.5K 20
Love story Cloud hasn't got much over with the fact of Aerith's death. He stays in his own little dark world, not noticing how his loved ones are...
Revive By HoneyB

Fanfiction

11.5K 434 19
Two weeks after the final battle against Sephiroth, Cloud's past has come back. Visions of his parents haunt him in his dreams and since he is severe...
5.1K 103 10
New York City is supposed to be the place of big hopes and even bigger dreams. But when Cloud and Tifa reunite there more than a decade after separat...
31.7K 512 21
Okay this is not my drawing or picture it belongs to someone else. You, Cloud, and Tifa known each other since you three were little kids, but you an...