๐“๐„๐„๐๐€๐†๐„ ๐…๐„๐•๐„๐‘, sw...

By xvkstr

โ if you had my love and i gave you all my trust, would you comfort me? โž basketball players, their families... More

introduction
act one.
one. family dinner
two. nba
three. haterade
four. we good?
five. 24- hour person
six. all on the line
seven. #radicals
eight. still i rise
nine. follow-through
ten.florida
act two.
two. 18
three. through the fire
four. are we free?
five. jace + brooke
six. homecoming
seven. goodbyes

one. the world ain't ready

297 9 3
By xvkstr

CHAPTER ONE
THE WORLD AIN'T READY
________________

"AND THAN she threw up on him." brooke laughed explaining kathryn's birthday party to jace.the two laid on brooke's bed facing eachother while jace had his arms wrapped around her lower waist.

"mhm." the boy tiredly replied.jace had just left practice and was exhausted from everything.
instead of going straight home he decided to go to his girlfriend's house to take a quick nap.

seeing jace halfway sleep brooke decided to get up going to get a snack.feeling brooke lift up from the bed jace pulled her back down bringing her close so her face was now buried in his chest."i guess i won't eat." she mumbled.

_______

"i gotta go brooke." jace exclaimed checking the time seeing that it was 12 am.brooke tiredly groaned watching jace get up from her bed and putting his shirt back on.

jace leaned down kissing brooke."i'll see you later, alright?" brooke hummed nodding her head while jace walked out his girlfriend's bedroom.

before brooke could go back to sleep she was interrupted by the sound of her phone ringing
making her groan annoyed."hey sis." talia greeted her younger sister.

ever since talia moved to california she would call brooke at late hours of the day."tali its 12 in the morning." brooke complained causing talia to roll her eyes.

"and brooke im engaged." brooke furrowed her eyebrows in confusion while talia showed off her engagement ring.

"since when, what.tell me everything." brooke sat up.her sudden no longer feeling sleepy instead feeling excited for her older sister."he proposed in the most romantic way.there was flowers champagne everything i wanted." talia gushed.

brooke smiled watching her sisters eyes spark when she talked about her now fiance."i just wish you guys were there." talia admitted frowning.

don't get her wrong she loved the proposal, but talia hated how her family wasn't present by her side."its okay we were there in your heart." brooke smiled.

"you sound like mom." talia laughed causing brooke to laugh along with her.the phone call went silent for a while.brooke noticing how talia's mood changed from happy to now sad."are you okay tali?"

"yeah im fine, look brooke i gotta go." talia turned her head hanging up the phone hearing footsteps come closer to her dorm room."how is she going to call me and hang up on me." brooke mumbled to herself.

                   __________________

BROOKE WALKED DOWN cedar's cove campus looking for her bestfriend, camille.
for it to be her senior year the girl wasn't as excited as everyone else.

don't get her wrong brooke was happy it was her last year of high school she just wasn't ready for everyone to go their separate ways.brooke was interrupted by her thoughts hearing a familiar voice."you just gone walk right past me?"

"you just gone let me?" the two smiled at each other while jace walked closer to his girlfriend."how come you never texted me good morning." brooke said wrapping her arms around her boyfriend's shoulders.

instead or replying jace instead kissed his girlfriend, his hands going on her waist while he did so.the kiss was deepening and neither brooke nor jace realized someone was behind them."do i go .. or." camille awkwardly stood there.

the two jumped before turning their heads seeing their friend who looked traumatized.

"yeah wait there cami." brooke responded holding one finger up telling her friend it was only going to be a second.

cami walked to the corner waiting for her friend."you still coming over after the game right?" brooke asked.jace nodded his head kissing his girlfriend, the two being too memorized to remember their friend was waiting.

brooke pulled away feeling some thing hit her shoulder than seeing it was one of the pens she gave camille to "borrow."jace laughed seeing cami have a fake shocked expression on her face.

"bye jaceeee." brooke kissed her boyfriend on the cheek while camille dragged her to class.

_____________

"is my class boring you ms wright?" brooke looked up seeing her teacher mr carter staring her down.

brooke shook her head hoping the man wouldn't tell her parents she was distracted in class once again.mr carter continued explaining the class's project.

"you may pick your own partners.because its your senior year i suggest you all try your hardest on the project it is half of your grade and its not hard." he announced.

"do you think he'll ever get over his issues with you?" camille whispered.brooke turned her head shrugging her shoulders at her bestfriend for joking."the day time travel is proven is the day he'll get over it."

the two girls laughed causing some of their classmates to roll their eyes."when are you two going to shutup." infront of camille and brooke was their ex bestfriend nicole.the girl now upset hearing her old friends talking.

"the day you admit you were wrong." nicole rolled her eyes at brooke's response.choosing to focus on what her teacher was saying instead of having another argument with the wright girl.

not wanting to get sent to the principals office the first day back of her senior year.

____________

jace laid on brooke's bed the girl laying ontop of him while she peacefully slept.surprisingly jenna carson had agreed to letting jace stay over brooke's house for a while as long as it was fine with her parents.

the two were currently home alone due to brooke's parents being on their date night.it was a little after jace's game when the two arrived to brooke's home slowly falling asleep afterwards.

jace was laid flat on his back while brooke laid on him her hands under his back while she slept. trying not to wake up his girlfriend jace grabbed his phone seeing four miss calls from his teammate drew.

instead of calling back jace instead texted drew not wanting to wake up brooklyn.knowing if she would be woken up she would try to kill the boy.
brooke hated being woken up from her sleep, anytime that would happen she would have a attitude for the rest or the day.

jace put his phone back down seeing drew wanted nothing but to see what the boy was doing.jace stared at brooke for a few minutes admiring how pretty she looked when she slept.

"are you going to continue to stare at me or sleep?" brooke groaned rubbing her eyes while she sat up.jace laughed causing brooke to jokingly hit the boy in his chest.

the two sat in silence both grateful they had this moment with eachother."goodnight jace." brooke spoke up going back to lay on her boyfriend's chest.she felt herself getting sleepy again.

"goodnight brooke." jace said watching the girl quickly fall asleep.eva and adonis entered the house slowly walking up the steps not trying to wake up their youngest and her boyfriend.
neither of them knowing jace was still awake.

the two seen brooke door open making them walk to close the door.instead they ended up walking inside, the sight of their daughter asleep catching eye."how was the date?" jace whispered catching the wrights off guard.eva jumped until she realized it was jace who said it.

"it was good, did you guys have enough to eat?" eva said sitting down on brooke's desk chair. adonis was standing by the door just listening to their conversation.

jace nodded his head before speaking up.

"yeah you cooked enough food, thank you mrs wright."eva nodded her head smiling before adonis walked inside helping his wife get up.

"goodnight jace.thank you for taking care of her." adonis said referring to his daughter.

"goodnight mrs and mr wright." brooke shifted causing jace to pat her back.not wanting his girlfriend to wake up.

"lets go eva." adonis pulled his wife alongside with him closing his daughter's door.

      ______________

"CEDAR COVE, CEDAR COVE." brooke smiled hearing the crowds chang.although the crowd was small she appreciated everyone who came through for the girls basketball team.

the girls had won yet another game, being one of the top basketball teams in their division.

despite all of the girl wins they never gotten the recognition they deserved.brooke smiled at her athletic director mr price, she knew the only reason he was there was because one of her teammates was related to the founder of the school.but she still appreciated him showing up.

she watched as her teammates took all of the credit causing her and camille to roll their eyes."they can't even play defense right." camille complained walking towards brooklyn.

the girls basketball team sucked.at most they had two good players excluding brooke and camille. jace watched the disappointment on his girlfriends face at the lack of appreciation she was getting.

brooke was never the type to beg for attention  but she believed she deserved appreciation just like her teammates.considering the girl was the only one who didn't get a break.she was in all quarters of the game while everyone else got to slack off.

watching someone get credit for what you did always hurted."BROOKE AND CAMILLE." jace started shouting.the crowd looked at the boy confused on what he was doing.

she watched as some of the boys from jace's team started shouting with him.

than all of a sudden when the boys did everyone else did.her team looked at the two girls in disgust , upset they weren't the ones getting attention now.the boys stopped yelling when mr price threatened to take away their season.

jace walked down the steps going to hug his girlfriend."you did good." he complimented walking towards a smiling brooke , next to him were musa & drew.

"you two are the best players on the team." drew commented walked towards camille hugging the girl.musa went to hug camille next before the trio walked away to go speak to the girls coach leaving brooke and jace in the middle of the court.

"they didn't show up huh?" brooke asked.ever since talia and kareem left her parents started slacking off when it came to going to brooke games.jace wrapped his arms around brooke's shoulder trying to comfort the girl.

"i should be the one comforting you, your chant sucked." brooke laughed jace put his hand on his chest acting offended."you think you could do better?" he challenged.brooke nodded her head grabbing her bag.

jace snatched her bag out of her hands.one hand holding brooke's while a other was holding her back.the two walked outside while musa,drew & camille waited for them.the three having a conversation.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 441 47
Captivating story that go into the intricate details of a basketball player's life, unveiling a fascinating journey filled with triumphs, challenges...
100 13 18
She had a broken heart and vowed to never love again.... He was a basketball player, one if the best in the game. He was every woman's dream come thr...
3K 64 17
Jace Carson sits at the top of the world after winning the state championship with his boys since middle school. As Jace and his friends come upon th...
14.7K 580 13
โ” โ kissing, I hope they caught us, โž ๅฝกโ˜… Basketball players, their families and their coaches get swept up into the youth-sports economy. They all mu...