eight. still i rise

CHAPTER EIGHT                             STILL I RISE

                      CHAPTER EIGHT
         STILL I RISE.
               ____________________

"I'M OK brooke." jace laughed as he pulled brooke into his arms.the girl would've ran out of the house without shoes if it wasn't for her mother who reminded brooke to bring shoes.

jenna carson had invited brooklyn to go with her to pickup jace because she felt guilty for not allowing the two to hangout during quarantine despite them living close near each other.

after hugging her son jenna left to go speak to her sons cosch so the two kids can have privacy."i missed you jacey." she held onto the boy hugging him tight.his teammates looked at the two praising him.

brooke let go of jace pulling her mask down causing him to do the same before she planted a kiss on his lips."woah woah not right now." jenna carson walked back to the two covering a hand over his eye.brooke laughed while jace whined.

"mom i cant kiss my girl in peace?" he questioned  throwing his hands up."don't make me embarrass you infront of your girl jace." jenna responded.brooke continued to laugh at the two's convo as they walked back to jenna's car.

                              _________

"WE'VE TALKED to jace's coaches and they said they'll be happy to let you join the team." brooke's mother stated.brooke shook her head automatically rejecting the idea of being on the same team as her boyfriend.

"absolutely not mom." brooke said.she didn't want to join a team because she was jace carson's girlfriend she wanted to join because she was good.eva shook her head shrugging her shoulders.

"well i don't know what to tell you brooklyn all the other teams are full, so it's either swagger or no basketball until you can find a new team." brooke groaned.

she knew if she didn't find a new team soon her spot would drop from #2 all the way down to #5 or worse."i'll join than, but only until i find a new team." eva nodded her head before texting coach meg saying brooke would join.

brooke got up from the chair before stopping when her mother started speaking."be grateful you have a chance to play the rest of your team has to wait." brooke rolled her eyes before walking to her room.

______________

it had been a few days since brooke had joined the team.today would be her first time meeting the team as a player on their team and not just jace carson's girlfriend ."alright can i get everyone's attention." coach ike stopped the boys from practicing.

all eyes were on brooke now causing the girl to get slightly anxious."can everyone welcome our new member brooklyn wright." coach ike started applauding.causing everyone else to except nick.

"no disrespect brooklyn but coach since when did this team start having girls." nick asked getting nods from some over the teammates.
jace quickly responded "i think its a honor to be on the same team as brook."