The Reluctant Union(#2 His En...

By thetaleweaverr

2 book in Secrets of the Heart Series _____ Enter the world of 'The Reluctant Union' where duty and expectat... More

DEDICATION
AESTHETIC
Prologue
Chapter-1
Chapter-2
Chapter-3
Chapter-4
Chapter-5
Chapter-7
Chapter-8
Chapter-9
Chapter-10
Chapter-11
IMPORTANT
Chapter-12
Chapter-13
Chapter-14
Chapter-15
Chapter-16
Chapter-17
Chapter-18

Chapter-6

1.3K 125 57
By thetaleweaverr

The target for the next chapter is same as the previous one. Which is 50+ votes and 10+ comments.

|  A  A  R  U  S  H  |

We three were sitting in the dining hall having our breakfast. A peaceful silence was there when mom thought to break it.

"Aarush, are you free today?"

My eyes shot up towards her direction and I nodded silently. Because I knew what was coming next.

"Mr Aggarwal wants you to meet his daughter."

I sighed, I was tired of these everyday arguments in which my mother kept telling me I should get married and I kept telling her that I need some time. But for how long will I keep refusing her. I don't want to see her sad.

"Mom-"

"No Aarush this time your mother is saying absolutely correct. You are 29 now and it's high time for you to get married."

My father, Raghav Rathore said in a calm yet authoritative voice.  And here was the end of the argument, I can never argue with Dad. He always supported me in every stage even in this marriage thing, he kept telling mom that I need a little more time on myself, to improve myself, to establish my business empire more and if I get married then I will be distracted from my track. But now he himself was telling me to get married and he must have done this after thinking about something. He is my father and he will never think bad for myself.

I nodded slowly and he continued further.

"Aarush, beta I know you are not ready to get married but think about yourself from my perspective.One or the other day everyone has to settle down, whether you like it or not but it is the truth of life. You are 29 now-"

Mom interrupted him and said in a loud voice while glaring at me and I couldn't do anything but look down.

"Exactly, that's what I am saying. You are now 29 Aarush. When will you get married? After 60 years? No girl will even look in your direction. And if you get married so late then when will you have kids? Your child will also wonder whether you are his father or grandfather?"

I choked on the air and looked in the direction of Dad who was already giving me a sympathetic look.

"Mom I-"

"What I, you are getting married and that's final."

Mom said cutting my words off in the middle.

"Mom but I don't like Mr Aggrawal's daughter."

"So there is no problem, meet someone else. See, we are not forcing you to marry someone we are just saying that you should get married. You can choose your partner Aarush, it's your choice who you want to be with. I just want to see you married and happy. I will be really happy if you find a girl for yourself. So think about it."

She said and I nodded.

After finishing my breakfast, I looked at my wrist watch.

"Mom, I should go now. I am getting late."

She nodded and I walked towards my car after wishing them.

We reached the company and the guards immediately came to open the door for me.

I stepped down from the car and saw everyone wishing and slightly bowing in front of me.

I walked inside the building and as I was walking further all the employees were wishing me on which I was just nodding and sometimes ignoring.

I went inside the lift and pressed 36. As my cabin was on the 36th floor.

The moment I stepped  out of the elevator, the whole floor became dead silent. All the gossiping stopped and they immediately wished me, which I ignored.

Though there were not many people on the floor where my cabin was.

Some important employees were only present in my cabin's floor.

I heard a knock on the door and gave permission to come in.

"Sir, the file is ready."

I forwarded my hand and he gave it to me.

I go through the file and a sudden wave of disappointment hits me.

"You have been preparing this file for the past 5 days?"

I said glaring at him. He gulped before replying.

"Y-Yes sir-r."

I threw the file on the table and leaned back on the chair.

"This is the most ridiculous file I have ever seen in my whole career. You took 5 fucking days to complete the file like this? Nothing is right inside the file. Were you high when you  were working on this? You have only 24 hours to prepare a new file the way I told you to prepare it, do not use your fucking brain. If I didn't receive the file within 24 hours then you will be happily fired by me."

"S-Sorry sir, I will make a new file as soon as possible."

He said in a panicked tone.

"You better do that."

He immediately left and I pressed my palm on my face. I have never been nice to anyone except my friends and family. There were many reasons for it. The outside world is very dangerous for you. The people here will always try to pull your legs downwards. They can't see you growing, they can't see your happiness.

People are snakes in the business world. First they will cage you and then slowly bite you.

I can't trust anyone here, they all are behind the money. People can do anything for money.

Even the workers of my own company try to find an escape, they will not give their best until I force them to do so for the sake of their jobs.

I was deep in my thoughts when a knock on the door disturbed me.

"Come in"

I said and straightened myself to sit properly.

"Good morning sir."

I surprisingly looked towards Advika who just entered my cabin. I didn't expect her here today. Her face was again glowing like before. The paleness which was on her face yesterday was completely faded.

"Morning Advika. I didn't expect you to be here today."

She looked at me in confusion.

"Umm...Why, shouldn't I have come today?"

"No no it's not like that, your health was not good yesterday so I thought maybe you will take a leave today."

She smiled widely for God knows why and my gaze fell on her lips which were curved into a huge smile.

"I am absolutely fine, that's why I came."

I nodded and cleared my throat. I tore my gaze from her and looked down on the table where all the papers were scattered.

"Sir, I came to tell you that the presentation you asked me to prepare has been completed."

"Alright send it to me, I will check it whenever I get time."

She nodded and walked out of the cabin.

I got up and walked towards the window. I thrust my hands in my black trousers and saw the outside view.

I have no option but to get married.

But now the question is, who will I marry?

I want to find a girl who will marry me but does not expect love in return. A girl who will keep my family happy. A girl my family likes. A girl who is capable of becoming the daughter-in-law of the Rathore family. A girl who is capable of becoming my wife.

And where will I find such a girl?

________

Hey everyone I hope you all are doing fine.

I am thrilled to announce that we've reached 100 followers.Thank you from the bottom of my heart to each and every one of you who has supported me on this journey. Your likes, comments, and reads mean the world to me. It's truly humbling to see our community grow, and I'm so grateful for your continued encouragement. Here's to many more adventures together! Thank you for being a part of this incredible journey with me.Sending lots of love and appreciation your way! 💗💗💗

I hope you liked today's chapter.

Rate the chapter from the scale of 1 to 10. And also share your favourite part from this chapter. It would mean the world to me.

Once again, thank you so much for every single thing guyss. You don't have any idea how much you all meant to me.

Take care of yourself 🦋

Lots and lots of love

💗💗💗💗💗💗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

886K 31.9K 111
"Listen Dev. I..I am sorry. Please let me explain" I pleaded while taking my steps back. "Sorry? Really? Ms Aasha Sharma" he asked with a smirk. Now...
4.4M 153K 83
STOP RIGHT THERE Mrs Priya Ekaansh Raghuvanshi, a shiver ran down her spine listening his dangerous voice she gulp and tightly close her eyes,she was...
19.6K 1.1K 16
'𝑯𝑬𝑹' Series book one 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭... ...
238K 8.7K 47
Getting dressed I grabbed the hodni (scarf) as a mere source to cover my shame, he pulled me out of the room. With the pain all over my body especial...