Rooh (Book 2 - Singhania Brot...

By Amateurmisswriter_

The journey of a family bonded by heart and soul instead of blood! The journey of a boy who was left homeless... More

BOOK INFORMATION
Character Sketch
Prologue
Part 1 : Right to brother's love
Part 2 : His child
Part 3 : Mr. Singhania
Part 4 : Driving to grave
Part 5 : Consequences
Part 6 : A father
Part 7 : A family
Part 8 : Expressing emotions
Part 9 : Fun and assurances
Part 10 : Brother and sister
Part 11 : Home
Part 12 : The best way to answer!
Part 13 : Affianced
Part 14 : Pain and agony
Part 15 : His anchor
Part 16 : Wounds and love
Part 17 : Their angel
Part 18 : The essence of relationships
Part 19 : The half truth
Part 20 : Trust
Teaser
Part 22 : Love and acknowledgements
Part 23 : Suffering in silence
Intertwined hearts
Part 24 : Lifeline
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28

Part 21 : A brother's love

2.8K 250 173
By Amateurmisswriter_

"Nhi ho rha, Bhaiyu!" Ayaansh said, his voice filled with disappointment.

"Try it again, Ayu." Aniket insisted. "Aise har baar disappoint ho kar ruk jayega toh kaise chalega? You need to keep trying."

Ayaansh looked at him sadly.

Aniket sighed. He hated to see such dullness in his younger brother's eyes. He understood his agitation. Not getting any tune perfectly could wreak havoc in any artist's mental peace. He had tried to help Ayaansh multiple times with that particular time but Ayaansh was dissatisfied every time.

"Chehra mat utar, ek baar phir se try karte hai?" He coaxed.

"Nhi ho rha, Bhaiyu." Ayaansh shook his head. "Itni baar toh try kar liya. It's not coming as I want it to. Kuch thik se nhi hota mujhse. I mess up everything..." He shut up when Aniket whacked him. He looked at Aniket questioningly.

"Maine bhi try kiya na? Mujhse bhi nhi hua. Kya karu, music chhod du?" Aniket asked drily.

Ayaansh looked down. He understood Aniket's point but he couldn't shake off the disappointment.

"Ayu, aise give up nhi karte, bachcha," Aniket made him look up. "There have been so many times where I couldn't get the right tune, right lyrics and so on. It happens with every artist at some point. Sab tere jaise chehra bana kar baith gye toh music industry doob jayegi."

The last sentence did its job and Ayaansh glared at Aniket.

Aniket bit back his smile. He was counting on getting a reaction. Annoyance was any day better than disappointment.

"Chal yeh drama band kar and pick up the guitar, come on!"

"Mujhe nhi karna koi practice, jao aap..." Ayaansh huffed.

"It wasn't a request, rockstar." Aniket gave him a sarcastic smile. "Pick up that guitar, now!"

Ayaansh sat stubborn.

"Now, Ayaansh!"

The firm voice compelled Ayaansh to obey. His Bhaiyu rarely ever used that tone with them. Aniket gave them a lot of liberties, but Ayaansh couldn't cross him when he took that stance. He immediately stood up and picked up his guitar.

Aniket waited for him to begin but the boy just stood still with his guitar. "Ayu?" He called out.

Ayaansh looked up at him. Aniket gave him a questioning look. "Aapne kaha pick up the guitar." He mumbled.

Aniket couldn't help but smile. He could see the boy sulking and somehow found that endearing. "Take the lead, Ayu."

"Aapka wala guitar use kar loon?" Ayaansh cashed on the opportunity. Aniket raised his eyebrows, but Ayaansh just stared at him innocently. He knew Aniket would agree to anything that moment.

"Take it." Aniket rolled his eyes at the dramatics. Ayaansh was truly just another one of them!

Ayaansh gave him a wide grin and swapped his guitar with Aniket's. They started practicing. Aniket's guidance helped Ayaansh build confidence. He knew Aniket wouldn't give a compliment for namesake. He meant it when he gave one and Ayaansh had received quite a lot in last one week. That boosted his morale.

"Tum yahan kya kar rhe ho, Aniket?"

The voice startled Aniket and Ayaansh. Meera walked towards them. The anger was quite visible on her face.

"We're done for today, Ayu. Tu jakar lunch kar le..." Aniket told Ayaansh.

Ayaansh was puzzled with Meera's expressions. He didn't like the tone she took with Aniket a bit, but his attention was diverted to Aniket. "Saath me karte hai, Bhaiyu. Chalo aap bhi..."

"Ayu..."

"Tu ja, Ayu. Woh aa jayega..." Meera spoke before Aniket.

Ayaansh wanted to protest but Aniket blinked his eyes in assurance and gestured him to leave. Ayaansh nodded and walked away. He had no intention of having a conversation with his grandmother. No matter how hard he tried he couldn't shake off the sense of discomfort around her. He had opened up to Sharda a lot in last few months, but Meera still made him uncomfortable.

"Kya hua, Naani?" Aniket turned to Meera.

"Yeh toh mai tumse puch rhi hoon, Aniket. Kya hua? Kyun nhi gye tum Rishikesh?"

"Ayaansh ki performance hai kal, Naani. Mai..."

"Ayaansh ko gaana hai na? Usme tumhara kya kaam?" Meera said, annoyed.

Aniket sighed. She would never understand. "Woh chahta tha mai ruku..."

"Uska pariwar hai yahan use sunne ke liye. Tumhare rukne ki zarurat nhi hai," Meera said harshly.

"Zarurat hai, Naani." Aniket spoke in calm yet firm voice. "Mere chhote Bhai ko meri zarurat hai. Agar woh chahta hai mai ruku toh mai rukunga."

"Tumne kaha tha tum jaoge, Aniket." Meera spoke in a tensed voice. "Tum peeche nhi hat sakte ab.."

"Mai peeche nhi hat rha, Naani." Aniket sighed. He couldn't step back even if he wanted to. Mittal could destroy them. The truth had the power to crumble everything they had built over the years. Not in his wildest dreams, Aniket had thought he would have to confront the truth all over again.

"Kal Ayu ki performance hai. Mai parso subah subah chala jaunga..."

"Agar usne humare bachche ko kuch..." Meera was tensed. The person was too evil to be trusted.

"Kuch nhi karega woh, Naani." Aniket spoke firmly. He had enough experience with such men to know who the real target was. And here it was Arnav! He was just a medium and he hated himself for being in that position.

"Tumhare liye kehna bohot aasaan hai, Aniket. Kuch nhi lagta woh tumhara." Meera accused harshly. "Na Arnav..."

"Bhaiya hai woh mere," Aniket's eyes blazed. "Bhaiya mere kya lagte hai yeh mujhe kisi ko batane ki zarurat nhi hai, Naani."

Meera took a step back involuntarily. It was the same look she had seen in Arnav's eyes when she had pointed finger at Aniket in front of him. It was the same reaction all over again!

"Sabse pehla haq Bhaiya par Mera hai. Uss haq par sawaal karne ka haq kisi ko nhi diya hum bhaiyon ne..." Aniket said sharply. The circumstances might have rendered him helpless but he will never let anyone strain the relationship they shared.

Meera fell silent.

"Aap fikar mat kijiye, Naani. Maine kaha hai na mai jaunga Rishikesh toh mai jaunga. Mai apne baat se nhi mukarta." Aniket said and walked out of the room without waiting for a reply. He respected her and didn't want to cross a line with her. He wished she could accept him but some wishes were too good to be true!

---------------------------------------------

When Arnav came back from the office, he saw his wife in the kitchen and sighed. It was past dinner time. He hugged her from behind and rested his chin on his shoulders.

"Tired?" Ashi smiled.

Arnav hummed slowly. "Why aren't you resting, ma'am?"

"I rested whole day, Arnav. I can't sit idle, you know that."

Arnav smiled. It was a task to make his wife rest. The last visit they made to doctor was a disaster. The doctor had asked Ashi to rest. There was nothing to worry and it was a casual precaution. His brothers had not let Ashi enter kitchen for two days. In the end, he had stepped in and explained them that it was only making Ashi more uncomfortable. She was used to stay busy and wouldn't appreciate sitting idle.

"There is something you can't do?" Arnav teased.

"Aapke laadle ne khaana nhi khaya hai," Ashi pushed him away with a smile.

Arnav sighed. His brothers were the ultimate villains of his romance. "Kisne?" He asked.

"Ayu ne," Ashi laughed.

"Ab tak practice kar rha hai woh?"

Ashi nodded. "Ani ne use daanta bhi tha par sunna nhi hai aapke laadle ko. Just make sure he eats, Arnav. He had not had his lunch either. I'm already mad. Agar mai aayi na toh..."

"There will be no need." Arnav interrupted quickly. His wife's mere warning was enough.

Ashi glared at him.

"Anger don't suit you, Ashi," Arnav smiled as he leaned forward and pressed a sound kiss on Ashi's forehead. "Kyun gussa ho rhi ho? I'll make him eat and make sure he rests."

"You better do that !" Ashi smiled.

"Aru aur Ani ne kha liya?

Ashi nodded. Her one glare had put them back in their places. She was smart enough to not get charmed by their tricks and keep her stance intact untill they finished their meal.

"Tumne?"

"Mere khaye bina kha lete aapka laadle?"

The coupled shared a chuckle, their faces reflecting fondness laced exasperation.

"Apne room me hai?" Arnav asked, as Ashi arranged the dinner plate.

"Humare room me," Ashi handed over the plate to Arnav. Arnav looked at the food and smiled. It was filled with Ayaansh's favourites. She saved the ultimatums for him while she showered the boys with her angelic love. And the boys thought he was the one playing hitler!

Ayaansh was still practicing with the guitar stuck by his side. Arnav walked inside and sighed seeing the disheveled state of room and Ayaansh both. It still amazed him how effortlessly Ayaansh had picked up on their every little trait. Like it was always instilled within him. Just like Aniket and Aryan, he seeked comfort from things related to Arnav. His room was one comfort place to all three of them.

Ayaansh didn't even notice him untill Arnav sat down beside him.

"Bhaiya," Ayaansh looked at him in surprise. "Aap kab aaye?"

He stood up, but Arnav pulled him back to sit and kept the guitar away from his reach. "Tujhe hosh Kahan hai waqt ka?"

Ayaansh sighed.

"Khana kyun nhi khaya?" Arnav took the plate and tore a morsel for Ayaansh. "Stop turning out like your, Bhaiyu. Dono ko hosh nhi rehta khaane ka..."

"Daanto mat aap," Ayaansh complained cutely.

Arnav looked up to glare at him but melted seeing his expressions. He brought the morsel to his lips. "Kha le, bachcha, teri favourite hai..."

Ayaansh ate the morsel. Sometimes the love he recieved overwhelmed him. He had been so starved of the bare minimum once. He wished he had grown up with his family. The thought saddened him to no extent. He didn't want to upset his Bhaiya but the question never left his mind. How come him and Arnav had two different families despite being siblings? Why didn't he know of his brother for sixteen years of his life?

"Kya soch rha hai, bachcha?" Arnav asked, as he fed another morsel to Ayaansh.

Ayaansh looked at his brother who was feeding him with so much of love. The love that took precedence over everything else! That love was the reason that didn't let him look back at the darkness he had long emerged out from. Nothing else mattered when he was finally where he belonged; his home in the truest sense.

He smiled softly. "Kuch nhi Bhaiya. Aapne kha liya?"

"Mai neeche ja kar kha loonga," Arnav said. "Tu kha"

Ayaansh shook his head as he took the morsel from Arnav's hands and forwarded it back to Arnav's mouth

"Ayu..."

"Kha lo na, Bhaiya." Ayaansh insisted. "Please?"

The raw love in Ayaansh's eyes warmed up Arnav's heart. The boy who used to flinch back from his touch two years back would have never looked at him with such admiration. He was grateful that his little brother loved him enough to acknowledge their relationship even after being unaware of their past. The intertwined threads of their past was too complicated to be narrated to Ayaansh.

"Khao na, Bhaiya!" Ayaansh nudged him.

Arnav ate the morsel from his hands. On the cue, Ashi walked inside the room with Arnav's dinner. She had a fair idea that Ayaansh would insist on Arnav eating with him. Ayaansh saw her coming and and instantly shifted himself behind Arnav. His Bhabhi had nearly blasted him off for skipping lunch. Aniket had saved him then; he had to save himself now. He didn't want to be bashed twice in the same day.

The sudden act caught Arnav by surprise. He looked back to see what had Ayaansh's attention and saw his wife standing there. He bit back his smile at the scene.

Ashi saw the act and shook her head in amusement. She handed Arnav's dinner to him and looked at Ayaansh who was peeking at her. He instantly looked down.

Ashi smiled. "Kha le, nhi daant rhi mai." She said and turned around to leave, but she was stopped. She looked back to find Ayaansh holding the hem of her dupatta. Ashi gave him a questioning look. Ayaansh just tugged at her dupatta in response. She smiled and sat down opposite to them.

"Bol?" She smiled.

Ayaansh shook his head. He had nothing to say; he just didn't want her to leave like that.

"Kha le, bachcha," Ashi spoke. "Kha le aur kha ke rest kar. Subah se guitar leke ghum rha hai. Give rest to your fingers and voice."

"Bhabhi, practice..." He trailed off when he saw Ashi's glare. "..ho gyi meri. I'll rest." He quickly changed his stance.

Arnav looked away to avoid smiling. The boys didn't even dare to cross Ashi, when all they did was to throw tantrums when it came to him.

"Aap kha lijiye, Arnav. Mai khila deti hoon..." Ashi spoke when Arnav started feeding Ayaansh again. He nodded and obliged. Ayaansh ate happily. He was delighted to have both his Bhaiya and Bhabhi to himself. Getting pampered by them was something he cherished the most. It made him feel like he belonged. It made him feel loved. It made him feel home!

After they were done with the dinner, Ashi made Ayaansh lie down. The boy looked exhausted.

"Mai apne room me so jaunga, Bhabhi. Aap bhi rest kar lo..." Ayaansh tried to get up but Ashi stopped him. "Yahin soja, bachcha. Apne Bhaiya ke saath soja aaj, you will feel better."

Ayaansh shifted to her lap and buried his face in her midriff. She offered love so generously that he was always drawn to her soothing presence. Ashi caressed his hair.

Arnav felt a pang in his heart. His mother would have never offered that kind of love to his brother. He hadn't held grudges against his mother even after what she did to him. But what she had had done to Ayaansh was something Arnav couldn't forgive. He looked back at Ashi and fell in love with her all over again. Her eyes held such fierce yet gentle love within them; fierce enough to protect their family against the world and gentle enough to nurture them with utmost affection.

"Good night, Bhabhi," Ayaansh smiled at Ashi, who smiled and pressed a kiss to his forehead before leaving.

Arnav was pulled out of his thoughts when Ayaansh shifted to his side. Arnav wrapped his one arm around him and pulled him closer. Ayaansh drifted off to sleep as soon his head hit Arnav's chest. The brothers slept holding onto each other peacefully.

------------------------------------------

The next day passed in a blur. All of them were in the auditorium where the event was being held. Ritvik and his family was also present. Ayaansh was in the green room while the others were seated in the front line. Aniket and Aryan had gone to check if Ayaansh needed anything.

"All set, Bhai?" Aryan asked excitedly. He was the most excited one among the lot.

Ayaansh smiled at him and nodded. Aniket ruffled his hair gently. "All the best, rockstar!"

Ayaansh smiled. He must be extremely lucky to get guidance from two of the very best of the music industry. He looked around for his guitar.

"Aru, mera guitar dena wahan se.." He called out to Aryan.

Aryan took the guitar and turned around to hand it over to Ayaansh, but his left leg got entangled in the wire and he found himself tripping over and eventually falling down. The guitar in his hands slipped from his grip and fell down with a thud.

There was a collective gasp from everyone!

"Aru.." Aniket and Ayaansh rushed to Aryan's side.

"Ahhh.." Aryan winced when he tried to get up in hurry.

"Kya kar rha hai, Aru..." Ayaansh chided, as Aniket gently helped Aryan sit up. Aniket checked over his leg for injury.

"Jyada lagi kya?" Ayaansh asked worriedly.

"It looks like sprain. Doctor ke paas chalte hai..."

Aryan shook his head vehemently. Tears rushed down his cheeks. Aniket and Ayaansh reached for him instantly.

"Dard ho rha hai, bachcha? Hospital chalte..."

Aryan shook his head again but his eyes were overflowing with tears.

"Kya hua, Aru..."

"Guitar..." Aryan whispered, his voice heavy with tears.

Aniket and Ayaansh looked towards the guitar and gasped seeing it in the crushed state. Ayaansh rushed to get it. His eyes brimmed up. It was his first guitar; the one Arnav had given him! He had specifically brought that guitar for today's performance.

Aryan rose from the chair and slowly approached Ayaansh. "Sorry, Bhai..." He put a hand on Ayaansh's shoulder.

Anger took over Ayaansh. He jerked Aryan away from him. Aryan stumbled but Aniket was quick to hold him.

"Bhai..."

"Kitni baar tujhe kaha uchhal kud mat Kiya kar? Lekin tujhe toh sunna nhi hai, hai na? Toot gya na guitar?" Ayaansh yelled in anger.

"Sorry, Bhai." Aryan's eyes filled up again. "Galti se..."

"Galti se hua ya kaise bhi.. guitar toh toot gya na, Aru? I've to perform. Kya karu Mai?" Ayaansh snapped. His eyes filled with angry tears.

"Bhai..."

"Stop it, Aru! Safai mat de..." Ayaansh yelled harshly.

Aryan flinched at the raised voice.

"Enough, boys!" Aniket stepped in and pulled Aryan back gently. Ayaansh was unknowingly hurting him. Though fault lied at Aryan's feet, he couldn't let Ayaansh go overboard.

Ayaansh was too blinded to acknowledge Aryan's years. The guitar was very special to him. It felt like someone had snatched away a piece of his heart from him!

That was the scene Arnav walked in to. He was taken aback to see the tensed faces. He hurried towards them. "What happened?"

Ayaansh saw him and rushed in his embrace. Arnav tensed up. He looked up at Aryan who had his head hung low. His gaze met with Aniket's, who eyed towards the broken guitar. Arnav recognised the guitar and got a hunch of what might have happened.

"Ayu," Arnav gently pulled back and wiped away Ayaansh's tears. "Aise rote nhi, bachcha."

"Guitar, Bhaiya!" Ayaansh looked at him with tear filled eyes. "How will I perform?"

"Guitars available hai, Ayu. Choose from them." Aniket spoke.

Arnav looked at Aryan who was not even looking at them. He looked crestfallen.

"Aru," Arnav called out.

Aryan looked up at him with his tear filled eyes. He took a step towards Arnav but winced in pain. All three of his brothers reached for him immediately.

"Kya hua?" Arnav asked with worry.

"Gir gya tha, Bhaiya. Lagta hai sprain ho gya hai.." Aniket spoke, equally worried. "Hospital le jata hoon mai..."

"I'm fine, Bhaiyu." Aryan interrupted. "Bhai ki performance ka time ho gya. I don't want to miss it."

"Tujhe dard ho rha hai, bachcha..."

"It's not bad, Bhaiya. Please rukne do. Performance ke baad chala jaunga Bhaiyu ke saath hospital. Halka sa laga hai sachi.." Aryan said.

"Par, Aru..." Arnav was unconvinced.

"Please, Bhaiya. Mujhe rehna hai Bhai ki performance ke liye..." Aryan pleaded.

"Mai tere bina perform nhi kar rha, Aru!" Ayaansh held his hands. The anger was long gone, buried beneath the concern. "We will wait for you..."

"The public is here, Bhai. It would be unfair." Aryan said and everyone agreed. He looked back at Arnav. "Please, Bhaiya..."

"Bahar Rishi hai, Bhaiya. Woh dekh lega ek baar. Agar usne kaha immediately leke Jana toh I'll take him. Don't worry." Aniket assured him. Arnav nodded.

"Performance ka time ho gya, bachcha. Ja bahar, Ashi and Shivi are waiting for you guys." Arnav said and looked at Aniket. Aniket nodded his head and gently nudged Aryan. Aryan started walking with Aniket's help but he couldn't leave. He came back and carefully wrapped his arms around Ayaansh.

"Sorry, Bhai," Aryan mumbled slowly.

"It's okay, Aru!" Ayaansh mumbled back.

Aniket guided Aryan away. The performance was to begin in few minutes. Ayaansh needed to be prepared and only Arnav could calm him down.

"Theek hai, bachcha?" Arnav turned Ayaansh to himself.

Ayaansh's eyes moved towards the broken guitar.

"Guitar hi toh hai, Ayu." Arnav cupped his face. "Take another one!"

"You brought that for me, Bhaiya!" Ayaansh's eyes filled up. "It was my first guitar. It's special."

Arnav sighed. He could understand Ayaansh's hurt. He had seen Aniket keeping his instruments with utmost care even after they were not usable. It was an artist's plight. The truest reason of those being so special to his brothers remained unknown to him!

"I'll get you the same guitar, bachcha."

Ayaansh looked away. The guitar was special because it was the first thing Arnav brought for him. And he wanted that particular guitar that day because he wanted to feel Arnav close to himself !

"Guitar koi bhi ho, Ayu, awaaz toh teri hai na? People are waiting for you, bachcha..." Arnav tried his best to coax Ayaansh.

"Mujhe darr lag rha hai, Bhaiya!" Ayaansh said in a subsided voice.

"Bachcha..." Arnav began but then stopped. Ayaansh didn't need the words; he needed to be felt assured.

Ayaansh frowned as Arnav untied the sanctified thread, mauli, from his wrist. It was the same thread he had seen Arnav tying on Aryan's hands on the day he had observed fast. He was astounded when Arnav took hold of his wrist and tied the mauli around it.

"It is my good luck, Ayu. Bhagwan ka aashirwad hai," Arnav smiled softly. "Kabhi khaali nhi jaata.."

"Bhaiya..."

"Jaanta hoon tujhe vishwas nhi inn baaton me," Arnav cupped his face. "Par mujhe toh hai. Apne Bhaiya ke vishwas par vishwas rakh le?"

Ayaansh's eyes filled up.

"I'm proud of you, beta. I'll always be proud of you! Remember that always." Arnav kissed his forehead tenderly and stepped back.

Ayaansh looked at him. He trusted his Bhaiya's trust but there was something else he wanted. He took a step towards Arnav. They heard Ayaansh's name being announced at the same time. Arnav gave him a reassuring smile. Ayaansh found himself smiling back. He picked up another guitar and walked to the stage. All his apprehensions were washed away by Arnav's love. The rockstar in him was ready to own the stage!
____________________________________

How was the chapter?

Favourite character or scene?

Hello, everyone!

This was a kind of filler chapter. The chapter Muskan had written was very lengthy so I broke it up. Hope you guys liked it.

Next chapter is a rollercoaster!

Muskan hadn't written any name for this chapter and I'm very sleepy to come up with one. You guys can suggest if you have something in your mind.

One more thing, I'm sorry about the teaser. I messed up a bit. I'm down with cough and cold and apparently it's messing up with my brain. I got confused with the sequencing of the chapters so the teaser might not seem coherent with the chapter. Apologises for that.

Target remains same. 160 comments.

With love,

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.2K 2.9K 11
A beautiful wedding turns to a disaster when the younger brother of the groom elopes with the bride's sister on the eve of the marriage. Two families...
184K 7.2K 66
An Indian brother-sister/family story. The Singhania family is the most prestigious family in the country. Together, they seemed to be invincible...
Epiphany By Kiara

General Fiction

54.6K 5.3K 28
Ten years ago, Aakrith was kidnapped. A few days later, his dead corpse was sent home to his brothers. Kabir Kaushik, a Commanding Officer, is told...