To the Moon and Back (Remus L...

By Matilda908

"How much do you love me?" "To the moon and back," The house of Payne was tough to live in. Especially when y... More

Playlist
Cast
Prologue
Gashes and Glamour
The Decision
Come again?
The First First Day
The Bees Knees
Were the Wolves are
I Solemnly Swear
Catch Me If You Can!
All About The Chase
Ill Huff And Puff..
New Moon
Waxing Crescent
Third Quarter
Waxing Gibbous

And Blow Your House Down.

1 0 0
By Matilda908

24th Dec, 1975                                  

~

Remus's pov:

My head was pounding, the light blinding my eyes. I groaned and rolled over. Feeling the cool morning air on my skin. I felt something warm beside me. It was so warm and comforting, like a big fluffy blanket. But it wasn't fluffy. It was smooth, and soft?

I opened my eyes to see what i was cuddling up against.

Yvette?! My eyes widened and i slowly sat up, trying to not to wake her. The blanket thankfully covered most of her, so i lifted it up over her shoulders and stood up completely.

James was behind us, still in his animagus form like Yvette had suggested, fast asleep. I slipped into my clothes which included a Gryffindor sweater and some brown jeans.

I grabbed a bottle of water and sat down next to the sleeping stag.

The atmosphere was so peaceful. The sun hadn't completely risen yet, so the air was cool and fresh. Morning birds and pixies were chirping in the trees surrounding us. The lake running moderately, adding it's sound to the air around us.

My focus was switched to the blonde girl laying at my feet. It's so cruel that a girl that sweet had to go through that bullshit.

Sirius had told us about Yvette as soon as he found out she was coming to Hogwarts. He knew we would treat her with kindness and welcome her, so he trusted us. Her family's apart of that pureblood mania shit. All of us knew how it was behind those manor walls because of Sirius's personal experience.

It's hell.

She was lucky enough to be disowned early on. But i still didn't get why she was allowed to attend school if her whole family line was homeschooled. That part is still unclear to me.

I hadn't known i was staring at her for so long before i got a tap on my shoulder. "You like her don't you?" James who had just woken up asked me with a honest face.

"No, i mean she is beautiful, but i was just thinking about her old home life." I turned to look at James. "It's so cruel you know. That was their child. Their blood and sweat." I turned back to face the sleeping girl. James nodded before we sat there in comfortable silence, occupied with our own minds.

"Wait, we're you two cuddling last night?" James's eyes widened and his face grew a wide smirk.

"Yes, but it doesn't mean anything," I stood up and rolled my eyes at his wiggling eyebrows.

"I don't care if you don't like her, you would be great together. Mr and Mrs Moony." James smiled dreamily, that face he usually made when thinking about Lily.

I scoffed and chucked the water bottle at him. He whined a bit and fake pouted.

"Shouldn't her parents be here soon, should we wake her?" James asked me.

"Let her sleep," I smiled fondly at the girl without James seeing. She really was pretty.

A few minutes had gone by before Yvette stirred. She opened her eyes before pulling up the blanket which had slipped a bit. She rubbed her tired brown eyes before meeting my gaze.

"If you two didn't mind, i'd like to get dressed." She smiled with that sweet smile.

"Yeah course." Me and James stood up and walked off behind a tree.

"I needed a wizz anyways," James announced loudly, making Yvette roll her eyes. We waited behind the big oak tree we had all met at the day before.

"Notice how the first person she looked at was you?" James nudged me in the ribs. I winced and gave him a gentle push.

"Because i was closest, idiot," I grinned at him.

"You can come back now!" A voice made of pure sunshine shouted through the air.

We turned back and saw the blonde girl wearing a black sweater with some deep blue jeans. She waved with a big smile on her face. She was like sunshine as a person.

"Your brother should be here any moment," James told us as we packed up our blankets.

"How is he finding us again?" I asked the pale girl.

"He placed a tracking charm on me, he will apparate right here." The girl told us, folding the blankets perfectly.

I nodded and helped her pack away everything. The sun had risen now and it was getting warmer, though it was still cold.

A swirl and a flash of light came from right in-front of us.

"Delmar!" Yvette greeted him with one of her famous smiles.

"How'd it go last night boys?" He looked at me and James.

"It went well actually, the potion worked and we slept most of the night." I responded with a smile on my face. The night did go well, it was the best full moon i had ever experienced yet.

He nodded and walked over to the rest of us. "I can only take two at a time, so James i'll drop you off, Remus stay here with my sister." He smiled and patted me on the shoulder firmly. He was definitely telling me not to mess with her. I got the message loud and clear.

"Seeya Moony, I'll see you after Christmas." He gave me a man hug and apparated away with Delmar.

"Are you all meeting up after Christmas?" Yvette asked me. She knew if Sirius was going through with his plan, he would be at James's on boxing day. (Let's ignore that small part of 3rd person. None of the boys know about Sirius running away.)

"Yeah, i'd offer to invite you but it's really up to James." I replied to her, adjusting the strap of my bag. Her eyes scanned me for a second before she spoke again.

"Where's your largest scar?" She asked with a blank, unreadable face. I was taken aback a little bit, but i smiled at her curiosity.

"Across my stomach, it reaches my armpit. It hurt, a lot." I glanced at the floor, remembering the look on Madame Pomfrey's face when she saw my state.

"Mines across my chest, it's from my first transformation, only little ones across my arms came from the others." She admitted, fiddling with the ends of her golden locks.

The scars on her arms were barley noticeable. I always wondered how she was able to heal herself so well.

A whip and a flash erupted from behind me. I turned around to see the curious face of Delmar Payne. It was obvious from the small time id known him, he was very protective of his sister. For good reason, she deserved someone to care for her.

"Alright, let's drop Remus home," He smiled and we both walked over to him. We joined arms and braced ourselves for the journey.

I immediately noticed how tall the man was. I was just shorter than him. He was incredibly tall.

We apparated to the front of my house. It was a humble cottage, and i loved the feeling of it. It was home.

Mum walked out from the kitchen wearing a frilly apron. "Hello!" She waved with her wide smile.

"Hi!" Yvette waved back with a huge smile. I could tell my mum nearly melted at her happiness. Let's just say James was not the only one who thought we were meant to be from that moment on.

"Hello, you must be Hope?" Delmar shook her hand. She nodded and smiled.

"And you're Yvette if i'm correct?" Mum walked over and gave the blonde girl a warm hug. My cheeks flushed in embarrassment. Yvette was taken aback by the embrace but laughed it off.

"I made you some caramel fudge, i hope you'll like it." Mum handed Yvette the carefully wrapped fudge.

"You really didn't have to, but i will say, it looks delicious." Delmar's mouth was watering at the smell.

"Well you best be off, i'm sure you have some christmas decorating to do." Mum smiled and rubbed Yvette's shoulder.

After some short goodbyes, they left for their home. I started my walk inside before mum stopped me.

"So, are you two together?" She smiled a wide smile. I almost face palmed again.

"No mum, she's just a friend who happens to be a werewolf." I gave her a blank face.

"Well i do know that i like her much better than other girls your age. You better snatch her up before some other young wolf gets her." She teased me, poking her finger into my cheek. I brushed her off gently and walked inside. Yvette and I weren't even that close. We were friends at the most.

~

Third person:

~

Yvette apparated hand in hand with Delmar. They landed on the front porch of their home. "Cmon, let's go dig into this fudge, i can't resist the smell." Delmar laughed and walked inside. Yvette followed with the said fudge in her grasp.

As soon as she stepped inside, she was shocked to say the least. The whole place was covered in Christmas decor.

"Yvette! Do you love it?" Sørine walked over and hugged the blonde girl tightly.

"Definitely." She smiled and looked around in awe. She had never experienced a Christmas. It was seen as a distraction at the Payne manor. Delmar knew this obviously and wanted her to experience the Christmas he never did.

The interior was decked with reefs and tinsel, a giant christmas tree was in the corner. It was left bare besides the white sprinkles on the ends. It matched the outside snow.

The Payne family only ever decorated if they had Christmas balls. But still, everything was white and black, no colour, no happiness.

"We thought we could decorate the tree tonight? And bake some christmas cookies if your up for it," Delmar hugged his wife and laid a kiss on her pregnant belly.

Yvette almost cried, her eyes stinging with tears. This was all too much, she didn't deserve this much love. "Of course, i would love that." She walked over and joined their hug before a loud crying sound came from the kitchen.

"Madaylia's welcoming you home," Sørine laughed as they walked into the kitchen.

~

Christmas morning was ethereal. Yvette had never experienced anything this exciting. As soon as she woke up her pocket watch read, 6:30 am.

She almost jumped out of bed with excitement and scurried to dress into some red and green pyjamas. She needed to look the part obviously.

Yvette walked down the warm and inviting stairs, with baubles hanging from the ceiling. I love it here. That was all she could think about.

Sørine, Delmar and Madaylia weren't up yet. So she decided that making a christmas breakfast would at least repay half of their gratitude towards the girl. She couldn't use magic so she had to cook the muggle way. Yvette had read a couple of muggle cook books before, so she was half confident in what she was doing.

She cracked an egg over a fry pan and repeated that process 7 times. She fried 4 sausages and 4 pieces of bacon. She then toasted 4 pieces of bread and piled some smashed avocado on top.

It was now 7 o'clock, and Delmar walked down the stairs tiredly. He rubbed his eyes before they widened at the scene in-front of him.

"Woah, is this all for me?" He laughed walking over. Yvette rolled her eyes and pushed the largest plate over to him.

"Happy Christmas brother," She smiled and started cleaning up the dishes the muggle way. Delmar immediately started golfing down the giant breakfast the blonde prepared for him.

Sørine walked down the stairs with grace and her radiating beauty as per usual. They all wore matching red, green and gold pyjamas. Madaylia was on Sørine's lap looking slightly less grumpy than usual. "Oh Yvette, you truly are a gift from Merlin." She placed Madaylia in her high chair and hugged Yvette tightly.

"I tried my best, i had to do it the muggle way anyways." She smiled and cut up Madaylia's food into small portions.

She took the plate over to the 3 year old who scowled and crossed her arms. Yvette placed the food on the little table  waiting for Madaylia's reaction.

Madaylia stared at the bowl, she picked up a piece of bacon and smelled it. She then grabbed a piece of toast and piled a bunch of toppings on. "Good job Madaylia, eating your breakfast!" Yvette smiled.

She wasn't smiling for long as the blonde girl threw her food right in her face. "Madaylia you cheeky girl." Delmar walked over and started wiping Yvette's face with napkins.

"Hah, she's so sassy. Just like her aunt." Yvette smiled and Delmar just scoffed with a smirk.

"Why don't we open presents?" Sørine smiled and motioned to the living room. The bare Christmas tree from last night was now covered with not only decorations, but loads of presents.

"We wanted to spoil our girls this year," Delmar picked up Madaylia and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"Let's go then!" Yvette squealed.
___________________________

This chapter is so wholesome, a Ryvette scene plus a Christmas family bonding moment? Too cute.

Tune in next chapter for family time plus Yvette's return to Hogwarts. 💋

Word count - 2222

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 116K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
11.4M 297K 23
Alexander Vintalli is one of the most ruthless mafias of America. His name is feared all over America. The way people fear him and the way he has his...
7.3M 302K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...