Book 1: The Scarlet Thread (K...

By Silver-Tigress

Izayoi Tsugikata is a Jounin level kunoichi of the Hidden Leaf Village, with a lost past. She strives to get... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Author's Note
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Naruto The Movie: Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow Part 1
Naruto The Movie: Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow Part 2
Naruto The Movie: Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow Part 3
Naruto The Movie: Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow Part 4
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56

Chapter 36

29 1 0
By Silver-Tigress

Izayoi's P. O. V:

It was nighttime in the fourth of August as I finish tucking my second child to bed.

Akemi leans on her elbow as she says sadly, "I miss daddy, mummy."

My brown orbs soften as I murmur, "I do, too." I've taken the kids to visit him every day. Just so Kakashi knows we're there for him. We'd also brought him flowers, too.

"When will he wake up?" Akemi questions.

"When the new Hokage comes," I reply, perching on the edge of her bed.

"We're getting a new Hokage?" Akemi asks. I nod my head.

"That's right. She's Tsunade Senju, a master of the healing arts. She'll be able to wake your father up."

Hope shines in Akemi's brown orbs. "Tsunade Senju will be our new Hokage?! I can't wait to meet her!"

I smile softly. "Neither can I. You need to go to sleep now. You have the Ninja Academy tomorrow. But, when you're finished, I'll pick you up so you can see your father, okay?"

She nods before lying back down. "Okay. Goodnight, mum."

I say as I get up and head for the door, "Goodnight."

I close it and head to my room. I get into my pyjamas and sit up in bed, gazing out the window.

Above our bed are a few photos: there's one of Team Minato, Kakashi's former Genin team, Team Osamu, my former Genin team, my own Genin team with Amaya, Hiro and Kai, a picture of me being hugged from behind by Kakashi under a cherry blossom tree, when we were first dating, another of me looking surprised and flustered as Kakashi appears behind me, as I wasn't ready for the photo, or expecting it, another photo is of Team 7, Ken and Akemi when she's just turned six years old, and the final photo is of our whole family.

(What Izayoi looks like in that photo)

It's been nearly six weeks since baruto and Jiraiya left to find Tsunade, but Kakashi hasn't woken up or said a word.

I've cried myself to sleep most nights thinking about it.

I've spent most of my time sitting at Kakashi's bedside, holding his hand so he knows I'm there, praying for him to wake up.

Kasumi was able to get me out of the hospital to go train and spend some time with her and our Sensei.

I feel so lonely without Kakashi right now.

I silently wonder where the hell Naruto and Jiraiya are. They should be back any day now.

I let out a sad sigh before I get under the covers and eventually drift off to sleep.

🗡️🗡️🗡️

I grunt with exertion as I swing Shoten in its original form, slashes cutting into trees.

I change it to my long sword form and slash multiple times, then I slash at a tree before flying past it, sending multiple swords through it. Another bunch of swords pierce the tree.

That's my Blumennlatt technique.

I dash away before cutting my twin swords in a triangle formation. That's my Trinity Sword technique.

I then use my Pentagram Sword Jutsu by slashing a star n the air with my swords.

I breathe heavily before I summon a second long sword and several more above me. They form a circle before I give a cry of exertion and send them hurtling at a tree.

I breathe heavily after using my Circle Sword Jutsu.

"Um..." I turn around at a voice to see Kasumi there. "Am I interrupting?"

My face softens a bit before I return my sword to normal and straighten. "No. What is it, Kasumi?"

"I wanted to see if you want to go to the tea house with me?" She asks.

I pause before saying, "Sorry, but I'm busy."

"Come on! Just for awhile? Before you see Kakashi?"

I pause again before giving a nod.

We sit at the tea house and I have tea and a slice of strawberry cake. I feel a bit happier as I eat it.

"How is Kakashi doing?" Kasumi asks.

"He still hasn't woken up yet," I mumble.

"I'm sure Naruto and Jiraiya will be back soon, with the new Hokage," She assures me.

I don't say anything as I continue eating.

"How have you been lately?" I ask the blonde.

"Good. I've been training a lot," She says. "I've missed you since you've become a Jounin."

I glance at Kasumi as I say, "Sorry. I've been quite busy with my students and everything else that's happened."

"Right. It must be nice to be the Jounin leader of your own team," Says Kasumi.

"It is," I agree. "And I love having my students."

Kasumi and I chat for awhile longer before I excuse myself to go pick up Akemi and Ken and go to the hospital.

I sign us in and go to Kakashi's room. We enter to see him still unconscious in the bed. I perch on the seat and Ken and Akemi sit in chairs next to me as I take Kakashi's hand in mine.

I give it a form squeeze as I gaze at him.

"Please wake up, Kashi-kun," I beg silently. "You need to wake up."

I feel tears threatening to break free when Kakashi doesn't stir. Ken and Akemi have sad expressions as we gaze at Kakashi, watching him for the rest of the day.

                          🗡️🗡️🗡️

I don't know what time it is before the door to Kakashi's hospital room slides open, and a female voice reaches me.

"Hatake-san?" I blink my eyes and turn my head to see a brown haired nurse in the doorway, dressed in the white uniform. "I'm sorry, but visiting hours are over. I'm afraid you'll have to leave, but you can come back tomorrow."

I blink my eyes again and look up at the clock on the wall. 6: 00. I've been sitting here for that long?

"Oh, okay," I murmur before I get up. The nurse leaves. Just as I go to leave, I feel Kakashi's hand tighten around my own, startling me. I gasp softly and jerk my head down. He's gripping me really tightly, as if not wanting to let me go.

I smile softly. Even while trapped in a Genjutsu world, my husband can still feel my presence.

I murmur, turning to him, "I'm sorry, Kashi-kun, but I need to go. I promise I'll be back tomorrow."

I gently pry his hand from mine and tuck it back under the blankets, before I lean down and kiss his forehead, letting my lips linger for a moment longer.

Then I pull back and wipe away my tears before I usher my kids out. I spare Kakashi a last fiancé before I close the door behind us.

"Mum, can we get something to eat on the way home?" Asks Akemi.

"Sure. Why don't we go to Ichiraku Ramen?" I suggest.

"Yeah!" Ken and Akemi say. They both enjoy ramen.

I sign us out and we head for the famous ramen stand for dinner.

                        🗡️🗡️🗡️

The following day, I sit in the same spot beside my unconscious husband, Ken beside me, Kakashi's hand in mine.

I lift my head when I hear the door slide open and a blonde haired, caramel brown eyed woman asks me, "May I come in?" She has her blonde hair in twin ponytails and wears a grey sleeveless kimono shirt over blue Capri and a green jacket over her shirt. On her feet are strappy red sandals.

I also notice a small lilac diamond in the centre of her forehead.

"You're... Tsunade Senju," I state, seeing Naruto behind her. Along with a woman with cropped black hair and onyx eyes wearing a black kimono.

"I am," The blonde confirms. "I'm here to heal your husband."

"If you can, I would be so grateful," I say as I get up and bow slightly. I then pull my son out if he way as Tsunade goes over and places her hand on Kakashi's forehead.

A faint green mist swirls around her hand and then she removes. Blinking only his right eye open, Kakashi keeps his left closed as he groans and sits up.

Crushing relief fills my heart.

Tsunade sighs, "Disgraceful. To be taken completely out of the game by two lowlife punks like that... I thought you were supposed to be the best."

"Sorry to disappoint you," He mutters. Kakashi shifts his gaze to me and sees me, right before Ken runs up to him and throws himself onto his father.

"Daddy! You're awake!" Ken says in immense relief. Tsunade smiles as she watches Kakashi hug him back.

"I'm okay now, Ken," Kakashi assures him as they pull back.

Tsunade comments, smiling at me, "This is your son? He's adorable! I can't wait to meet your daughter."

"Thank you," I murmur. Naruto must've told her about them.

I go over and throw my arms around him, ignoring Guy who is gripping the white curtain out of anxiety, hugging my husband tightly.

"I was so worried," I tell him. He returns the embrace and relief swells in my chest.

"Sorry for worrying you, Izayoi-chan," Says Kakashi.

I hug him a moment longer before I pull back and wipe the tears from my eyes. I then lean forward and kiss him deeply, not caring that we're being watched. Kakashi immediately returns it, hand cupping my face.

We soon pull back and I smile in relief at him as he smiles back.

The look on Kakashi's face he gets afterwards tells me we need to talk about said lowlifes.

I nod my head as Naruto tells Tsunade, "Ok! That's Kakashi Sensei. Now just one more and you're all done!"

"He's Rock Lee! He's next door! Next door!!" Guy says desperate lot after jumping out from behind the curtain. They head for Lee's room to check him over as I return to my seat.

The silver haired man says as Ken sits against him, and Kakashi has his arms around him, "I'm really glad you're alright, Izayoi-chan."

"I'm glad you're okay now, too, Kashi-kun. I thought you'd never wake up," I reply softly. "I came everyday, and I brought the kids with me."

"You did? That makes me happy." Kakashi gives his signature closed eye smile, and my heart flutters in my chest.

"Listen, Kakashi-kun. That day when we fought the Akatsuki... you remember Itachi saying how they want to take me so they can use me against you because I'm your wife?"

"I remember. You mustn't blame yourself, Izayoi," He says firmly.

"But... you would've gotten hurt... all because of me." I clench my fingers in my black skirt. "I couldn't live with myself if you got hurt because of me. And I know there are lots of people out there who'd use that connection against us..."

"Izayoi." When I don't look up, Kakashi gently grips my chin to lift my gaze to his. "No matter what happens, I'll always be here to protect you. I won't let anyone take you away, understand? You're my wife. I'll protect you with my life," Kakashi promises and my brown eyes waver at his words.

I throw my arms around his neck and we hug each other again, while I bury my face in Kakashi's neck. He just hugs me tightly in return, a soft smile on his face.

                        🗡️🗡️🗡️

I'd heard from Akemi Konohamaru had locked himself in the Third Hokage's office the next day because he refused Tsunade as the new Hokage. He'd booby trapped the place as it took Naruto all day to get him to come out.

Eventually he succeeded, and Konohamaru eventually accepted Tsunade as the new Hokage.

🗡️🗡️🗡️

A few days later, the Hokage ceremony is held. I wear a purple floral halter neck dress that has a slit in the front, with my hair up in a bun and white gloves that go up to my shoulders, as I stand next to Kakashi, Sasuke, who is leaning against a post with his arms crossed and foot propped up, Ken and Akemi, who are also dressed for the occasion.

Kakashi and Sasuke have been released from the hospital in time to be at the Hokage ceremony. Akemi had been so happy to see her father again that she'd attacked him with a hug, which he'd returned.

The other ninja stand elsewhere, as we gaze up at Tsunade, atop the Hokage tower. With her are Jiraiya and the two village Elders, Koharu and Homura. Tsunade wears the signature red and white Kage hat with her usual outfit.

Tsunade calls as she whips off the hat, "From this day on, I shall protect the Hidden Leaf Village..." She sweeps her arm to the side. "... as the Fifth Hokage!!"

We all burst into loud cheer.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.9K 532 64
You have an untold past that only the third hokage, you and Naruto Uzumaki knows. Naruto is your best friend at the hidden leaf academy. After gradua...
25.9K 740 84
12 year old Kimiko Sumire's clan was massacred by a man with green snake like eyes when she was six years old and has known nothing but pain and dark...
53.1K 1.3K 84
Kei is the daughter of Orochimaru yet she doesn't know who her father is and he doesn't know about her. She was the result of a one night stand with...
6.7K 67 92
12 year old Sakuya Fujikami is a young ninja of the Village Hidden in the Leaves. She originally came from her island home of The Land of Blossoms bu...