To the Moon and Back (Remus L...

By Matilda908

"How much do you love me?" "To the moon and back," The house of Payne was tough to live in. Especially when y... More

Playlist
Cast
Prologue
Gashes and Glamour
The Decision
Come again?
The First First Day
The Bees Knees
Were the Wolves are
I Solemnly Swear
Catch Me If You Can!
All About The Chase
And Blow Your House Down.
New Moon
Waxing Crescent
Third Quarter
Waxing Gibbous

Ill Huff And Puff..

1 0 0
By Matilda908

~
Yvette had rode back in a carriage with Lily, Alice and Marlene. The train was coming to a stop at Kings cross. The girls all grabbed their luggage and stepped off the train.

"Ok can you see your parents Marlene?" Lily asked the blonde girl. Lily and Alice would be staying at Marlene's house this Christmas. Yvette wanted to spend time with her brother and his family, so she politely declined.

"I think she's over there," Marlene squinted her eyes, pointing out a tall blonde witch.

"Right, is your brother here yet Vet?" Alice turned and look at Yvette who was fumbling with her fingers. She was nervous about messing things up.

"He waits for me at the muggle part of the station, you three go ahead." She smiled at her newfound friends.

They all gave her a group hug and they said their goodbyes, before leaving Yvette to her trunks.

"Is Delmar waiting outside the barrier?" Sirius Blacks voice made Yvette jump in fright.

James chuckled at the sight. "Yeah, i've actually got to go see if he's here yet." She replied. "Says he doesn't want to run into any Pureblood mania wizards."

Sirius chuckled. "I can't avoid those types of wizards, there's a pair waiting for me right there." He directed her to the familiar faces of Walburga and Orion Black. They caught a glimpse of Yvette and glared at her threateningly of disapproval.

"Good luck. And if your still thinking about going through with your plan, good luck with that too." She smiled at the boy who gave her a thankful look.

He pulled her into a brotherly embrace before saying goodbye to his mates.

"Alright i've got to go now, stay safe Remus, the full moons in 3 days. I guess i'll see you then?" Yvette looked with pure worry to the boy. He nodded and with that, James, Peter and Remus all walked off to their families.

"Bye Mrs Moony!" James yelled to her before telling Remus' parents that she was called Mrs Moony. Remus face palmed yet again at the embarrassing situations James kept putting him in.

Yvette slowly walked through the barrier with her trolly in reach. She got to the other side and immediately spotted a very tall man. Along his side was a stunning woman with long black hair and crystal blue eyes. And a little girl with short blonde hair and a scowl on her face.

"Delmar! Sørine!" She walked over to them with a smile on her face. She had only known the woman for a few months, but she knew exactly why Delmar ran away for her. Any sane person would.

"Hello Yvette, how are you?" Delmar spoke in his deep, yet soft voice.

"Fantastic, i need to tell you all about my year. Oh and who might you be little one?" Yvette smiled and crouched down to meet the eyes of Madaylia.

The little girl spat right in Yvette's face and blew her tongue with a adorable scowl. "Naww aren't you just the cutest!" Yvette pulled the little girl into a hug and she immediately started screaming.

They eventually calmed Madaylia down and explained that she wasn't the nicest, but it would just be a phase. Sure. (Sure)

They apparated to their home and Yvette was stunned. She thought because of how Delmar was cut off from their fortune, he would be poor. But that was the complete opposite.

The house wasn't as big as her manor, but it looked as fancy. She later learned that Delmar had a high authority job in the ministry, and Sørine was from a very noble family, that wasn't very popular with other nobles.

They walked into the large house and they all sat by the fire in a very large lounging area. "Now, tell me about your year so far." Sørine sat down while Delmar was putting Madaylia down for a nap.

"Well I was quiet nervous around my condition. But it turns out there is another student who's a werewolf. He's actually friends with Sirius," She told Sørine who had a hand on her suspiciously round belly. She ignored it as it might've been rude to ask.

"I got sorted into Gryffindor, it's the exact opposite of what everyone in my family got into, so that's amazing." She laughed as Sørine let out a soft chuckle. Even her laughter was perfect. How more perfect can a person be?

"Then i met my friends, one group is Sirius's friends, and the other are my dormitory partners." Sørine nodded at the information.

"And what about this other werewolf?" She smirked.

"His names Remus Lupin, he's really lovely and is extremely kind. He's very funny and smart too." Yvette didn't notice Sørine's smile grow as she spoke so fondly of this boy.

"Well how did the transformations go? Any pain?" She asked, looking a bit more worried.

"Definitely a lot of pain, it is my last name. But with Remus there, it made it 10x better." The pale girl finished as Delmar walked down the stairs.

"Oh no, did i miss the great explanation of events?" He smirked and plopped himself down on the seat.

"Well i guess i have to tell you again, so it started-" The girl went on and on about her first half of the year.

Delmar got a bit protective when she mentioned that her and Remus had woken up together on their first transformation, as he knew that once the werewolves transform back, they're completely naked.

Eventually a loud crying sound came from upstairs and Madaylia had woken up from her nap. "Get yourself comfortable, i'll be back. Take care of yourself Sørine, your fragile." Delmar kissed her belly before returning up the stairs.

"I knew you were pregnant!"

~

After a long book reading session, it was time for dinner.

Delmar had his house elf make them a feast. Sørine informed Yvette that the elf worked for them out of free will. They paid the creature to cook and clean. This made Yvette feel much better as she hated when people mistreated their elves. This reminded her of Snoom. She missed that elf.

They ate dinner peacefully and Madaylia slapped her food everywhere as Delmar tried to feed her some.

Death glares were shot at Yvette from across the table from the tiny face. Which only made Yvette laugh.

This toddler did not like her.

Yvette helped the elf clean before heading upstairs to read stories to Madaylia with Sørine.

After the book was finished, Madaylia was still not going to bed. Yvette knew it was because she was there.

So Sørine pulled out her best efforts and sang her a beautiful lullaby.

While the lullaby was being sung, Yvette couldn't help but be enticed by her voice. Like waves were crashing over her head, pulling her into the deep blue.

The lullaby stopped and Yvette snapped out of her slight trance and got up to go have a shower. She had noticed that the place wasn't as warm to her as Hogwarts.

Hogwarts was piping hot, and her manor was freezing cold. But Delmar's house was a nice in-between for her to relax in. Sure Hogwarts was fun, but there was so much stress with it.

Nonetheless, she couldn't worry about the temperature. She had a full moon to prepare for.

Yvette and Remus had planned to meet in the woods that separated their homes. Lucky for them, they weren't that far away. They would spend the night with James in his animagus form. Peter was on holidays on a island resort and Sirius was trapped in his manor.

She remembered Sirius's plan to escape the day after Christmas. She just hoped he would be safe and get to James's house in time. Walburga was not a nice woman.

She stepped out of the shower and sank into the plush bedsheets. Closing her eyes and wondering what her life had in store.

~

The full moon was the day before Christmas eve. And that was today.

"Yvette, could you please come down here?" Sørine shouted softly from downstairs, with kindness radiating off of her voice.

Yvette slowly got out of bed, her body aching. The transformation was that night and everything was sore. Not to mention her horrible sickness.

She sneezed and coughed her way down the stairs and Delmar and Sørine were in the dining room. "You needed to see me?" The blonde asked her sister in law.

"We need to speak to you about tonight." Delmar spoke, Madaylia was fast asleep in her bedroom.

"Yes?" She sat down facing the two.

"We will apperate you to a specific spot in the woods, where Remus will meet you. We will give you both this new potion called Wolfsbane. It's effects will  subdue the pain of the transformation, and you will have a bit more consciousness." Delmar told her. Yvette nodded, taking in the information.

"Alight, will you pick me up the next morning?" She asked them.

"Yes, and we will drop Remus off on the way, and check you both for casualties." Sørine grabbed her arm reassuringly.

"Thank you, for everything. I know how much of a burden this whole thing can be and i'm truly so grateful." Yvette looked at her brother and his wife with a loving smile.

"You're family Yvette. Your just as important to us werewolf or not." Delmar grinned at her and so did Sørine. Yvette almost cried at their remarks. Her mother and father would never come to close to saying those words. And it seemed Delmar knew she needed to hear that.

"Alright why don't you help me wake Madaylia from her nap." Sørine stood up and held onto her stomach.

Yvette smiled and waved goodbye to Delmar who had a cheery smile on his face. Maybe life will be good from now on. This is all I need. My friends, my family. I'm ok.

~

It was nearing night time and Yvette was preparing to go. Sørine had helped her set up their various healing potions and medical equipment.

"I'm going to cast a tracking spell on you, so we can find you both in the morning and keep an eye on you two." Delmar swished his wand and a yellow light swirled around her heart for a couple of seconds.

"Alright, are we ready?" Sørine walked in with Madaylia on her hip. The girl wore her usual scowl.

The two siblings nodded and with that, they stood up and walked downstairs.

"Fooza, could you please take care of Madaylia while we're away?" Sørine placed the toddler in her magical swing. "Yes Mistress Sørine," The elf scurried over and immediately started to entertain the baby.

"Let's go Vet," Delmar walked her down onto the front porch. He handed her a bag of spare clothes, blankets and water. Sørine joined them and they all stood there hand in hand.

Everything went swirly and twisty. Yvette's vision was blurred and it was regained after 5 seconds. She looked around and she was in the forest. It was sunset and the sky was a pinky purple. "Here's the Wolfsbane Yvette," Sørine handed her two purple vials.

A swirl of light came from behind a giant oak tree.

"Now Remus, are you sure you'll be safe?"

"Yes dad, ill be fine," A familiar voice spoke.

"Remus?" Yvette peeked her head around to see the tall boy. His father next to him. He was a good 5 inches taller than his dad. Remus turned around at the sound of her voice and was met with those deep, brown eyes.

"You must be Yvette," His father walked over and gave the girl a welcoming handshake. Remus shook his head with an embarrassed smile.

"Hello, you must be Lyall." Delmar walked over and shook the man's hand. The parents mingled for a bit before Remus pulled Yvette aside.

"Sorry about my dad, he's a bit embarrassing. Anyways, are you ready for tonight?" He looked into the girls eyes, searching for a hint of worry.

"No, it should be like normal, just without all the boys. Speaking of the boys, where's James?" The blonde replied, looking around. "Anyways, take this potion, it'll help us a lot during tonight." She handed him the Wolfsbane. They both chugged it down, it tickled their throats but they didn't mind. "That tastes, strange." Yvette laughed. Remus smiled.

Just as she finished speaking, a whip of white light flashed in front of them. James and his mother appeared next to the oak tree they all grouped at.

"Sorry we're late, someone had to have a shower before hand." James's mum laughed and walked over to the other parents.

"Couldn't be smelly Prongs?" Remus grinned and pulled him into a man hug. Yvette chuckled at this.

"Yeah yeah, how've you been Mr and Mrs Moony?" James smirked and gave the girl a quick side hug.

"I still don't get what you mean by that, but i've been great actually." She thought about her days with Delmar, Sørine and Marina. James snickered and whispered something to Remus, making him turn a tiny bit pink.

The parents got a bit distracted as they didn't realise when the sun went down.

Yvette and Remus doubled over in pain, clutching their stomachs. "I think you all should go now," James grabbed the two, before they could fall on their faces.

The parents whipped their heads around and winced at the pain they were experiencing.

"We will pick them up tomorrow, goodbye Yvette, stay safe." Delmar and Sørine apparated away and was shortly followed by James's mum and Remus's dad.

"Alright, it's going to be tough without Padfoot and Wormtail, but we can get through this. Your potions should kick in any second." James assured them as they groaned in pain.

Blinding hot pain raced through their veins. Remus groaned and fell onto the dirt. Yvette shrieked and stumbled over to a tree for support and almost fainted. Their bones being readjusted was so painful.

Eventually they were replaced by giant, hairy, werewolves. This was their first time using Wolfsbane, it was definitely strange.

James didn't turn into his animagi, he wanted to check if the potion worked. The two wolves huffed and panted in exhaustion.

Yvette's wolf stood up on its hind legs. It sniffed the air before it's eyes layed on James. Her eyes changed from black, to a smaller, almost human like pupil. Remus was experiencing something similar. His pupils shrinking in size.

Yvette's wolf sat down and lifted its paw to James, letting him now she was in there. James smirked, "Oh wow! It actually works. Hello Mrs Moony."

Moony got up and sat down next to Yvette, almost awkwardly, leaving a great deal of space between them. "Jeez Rems, can't even deal with women when your a werewolf. Moony does a way better job." James teased.

The giant werewolf huffed and growled at James.

Moony jumped up and ran over to Yvette, nudging her with his nose. Cmon Yvette, let's explore. He didn't expect her to hear him, or James for that matter. He had heard of the way animagi and werewolves could communicate telepathically. He just never experienced it because of his lack of consciousness during the full moon.

Yvette's ears perked up. Remus! I can hear you! His face became shocked and he took a step back. Same over here! A stag was galloping around in circles, seemingly excited.

They decided that if they were going to stay here for 4 hours, they might as well explore while they have the chance.

The forest was magical at night. Glowing mushrooms lived on each tree, glowing bright blues and Greens into the night air. Little pixies and creatures scurried through the night, going to sleep in their little homes. The moon illuminated the path for the three animals. Yvette stared at its beauty. She had always admired the night sky. Now it resembled a curse, a burden.

They stumbled upon a clearing in the forest. Fire flies swarmed around the night sky, making the area visible. A garden of wild flowers, beside a lovely little lake that glistened in the moonlight. Frogs jumping from rock to rock, crickets chirping, filling the silence.

James walked over and placed himself on a rock. He transformed back to his normal self and felt the water with his hands. Remus looked at the way the light danced with the fireflies, admiring the night sky. Yvette was glancing at Moony. Even as a werewolf he was so interesting.

She walked over and propped herself next to James, in a patch of flowers. Remus walked over, with Yvette's satchel in his mouth. Here. He placed it carefully next to her, furrowing his werewolf eyebrows in an attempt to focus. Yvette studied his face for a while. In such a cold dark place, Remus was so warm.

Thank you. Would you like a blanket? She asked her fellow werewolf.

If you wouldn't mind. Moony walked over and laid in front of James and Yvette, rolling over like a dog. She attempted to laugh but it sounded more like a snort.

"Why don't we just go to sleep, I'm so tired." James complained as he started casting protective charms. It was mid winter, but the funny thing about enchanted forests, some sections stayed with a warmer climate. This section had a mid - Autumn climate.

Yvette tried talking to James but it came out as a little bit of a growl. James snickered and transformed into a stag. Better?

Yes. I would suggest staying in your animagus form tonight, otherwise other creatures could take that as advantage. Yvette recommended the stag.

Eventually, the two werewolves were wrapped in seperate blankets, laying peacefully on a bed of flowers. A stag laid near them, wrapped in blanket as well. Goodnight. Yvette thought.

She received a goodnight in return before hearing that familiar snoring she heard every full moon. At first it was funny how Remus snored, now it was almost comforting. She was finding herself liking every part of Remus a bit more, but she could never figure out why.
___________________________

So cuttteee! Let's ignore the fact that their parents are ok with them being illegal animagi. Love me a bit of Yemus.

Come back to see how Yvette spends her Christmas Eve and Christmas day! 💋

Word count - 3067

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

683K 33.7K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, a powerful d...
314K 6.9K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
2.3M 116K 65
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
1M 55.1K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...