To the Moon and Back (Remus L...

By Matilda908

"How much do you love me?" "To the moon and back," The house of Payne was tough to live in. Especially when y... More

Playlist
Cast
Prologue
Gashes and Glamour
The Decision
Come again?
The First First Day
The Bees Knees
Were the Wolves are
I Solemnly Swear
Catch Me If You Can!
Ill Huff And Puff..
And Blow Your House Down.
New Moon
Waxing Crescent
Third Quarter
Waxing Gibbous

All About The Chase

1 0 0
By Matilda908

Nov 3rd, 1975

~

Yvette's pov -

I woke up bright and early. I rubbed my eyes trying to remember what was so special about today again?

I walked over to the calendar me and Lily had placed on the wall a few months prior. November 3rd. What day was that again?

"It's Sirius' birthday!" I said a bit too loud as i received a pillow to the face by Marlene. "Be quiet Vet!!" I loved my new nickname that the girls called me.

"Alright i'm heading over to the boys dorm to wish the birthday boy a happy birthday." I told the very much asleep girls. Lily mumbled something in return and i chuckled and left, taking my bag of presents with me.

I swung their dorm door open and ran in. I spotted Sirius's bed and decided to give him a very sisterly good morning call.

I launched myself onto his sleeping body and i started pulling the sheet off of him while he groaned in pain. "Wake up birthday boy!!!" I yelled straight in his ear. "AHH!" He yelled and shot up straight away clutching his ear.

James had woken up from the commotion and was laughing his arse off. Remus smirked and Peter was surprisingly still asleep.

"Now get up, it's time for presents," I pulled him onto the floor and James found his glasses before coming over and joining us. Remus stood up and walked over. He wore a long pair of stripy pants with one of his famous sweaters.

I was wearing a long pair of love heart dotted Pyjamas. "Didn't know it was valentines day as well?" Peter laughed crawling out of bed to join us on the floor.

"Open open!!" I passed him the smallest out of the presents. Sirius wore a giddy smile and tore into the wrapping revealing a deep black metallic pocket watch. "Everyone needs one, they help me so much." I sheepishly smiled, hoping he would like it. "Oh and i charmed it to connect to mine, so if your ever in trouble, it'll flash, same with mine."

He laughed and spoke, "Never knew you cared about me that much," Sirius batted his eyelashes at me.

"Shut up, open the next one." I smiled as he opened the biggest one.

He smirked as he saw the abundance of pranking supplies from Zonkos. "Happy birthday Sirius Orion Black!" I threw him into a sisterly hug and he chuckled returning the hug.

"Now for our presents!" James, Remus and Peter all swarmed Sirius with hugs and attention. I decided I would leave them to it and i walked out back to my dorm.

                                   ~

Sirius had planned a massive party in the Gryffindor common room that night. It was the talk of the school. Well only between the people who were invited. A couple random Gryffindors plus me and my friends. Obviously the Marauders and some exceptions from Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff.

I was currently in Potions and Remus and I were working on our Amortentia.

"So i've got the Ashwinder eggs, have you got the other ingredients?" I asked my fellow werewolf who was scribbling down some notes.

We finished the class quickly and headed back to our dorms to get ready for the party.

Marlene was wearing a small green mini skirt with a tight green top. Alice was wearing a yellow dress with some white boots. Lily was wearing a pink flowy dress, with black boots.

I was wearing a brown long skirt with a black top. It was quite revealing but Marlene insisted i wore it.

We did our makeup and hair and off we went down to the common room. The place was decorated with balloons and banners, coloured with red and gold.

The Marauders were already down there, parading around the place.

The four of us walked down graciously, waiting for the reaction of the people already there. A couple oohs and aahs came from some older Gryffindor boys. James immediately gave them a dirty look.

"Hey Evans!! Over here!" James called her over and she immediently scoffed. But we did walk over to James who was standing beside Peter.

"You look better without those giant antlers on your head," Lily made fun of James while grabbing a cup of butterbeer.

"Don't drink that, it's spiked. But did you just admit that i look good?" James grinned like a mad man and while Lily rolled her eyes and walked off with Alice. "She didn't say no! That's a start James," I assured him with a sarcastic smile.

"Are you gonna drink tonight Mrs. Moony?" He ignored my comment and shot me a cheeky grin. I looked at him confused for a second before continuing, "Maybe, but only a little."

"One drink coming up!" Peter scooped a cup of firewhisky and handed it to me.

"Go on! Down the hatchet!" James lifted the cup up to my lips and i slowly, but surely swallowed the drink. It burnt my throat but i managed.

"Woah take it easy, unless you don't want to." Sirius strolled over with a smug smile. I rolled my eyes and ignored the fuzzy feeling in my head

One thing led to another and the four girls plus the Marauders sat in a circle, ready for a game of truth or dare. I had never played the game so Remus gave me a rundown.

"Alright birthday boy first!" Sirius shouted loudly, the alcohol definitely getting to him. "Truth or Dare... Alice!" He pointed his finger drunkenly at the girl.

She paled a bit, "Truth." James booed.

"Which Marauder do you like best?" Sirius grinned like an idiot. "Peter," She replied with no hesitation.

Sirius placed his hand on his heart in a fake offended manner. Peter turned bright pink as he was usually ignored by girls. "Alright my turn," Alice turned to Lily to ask who they should ask.

"Vet, truth or dare?" She smiled mischievously as Lily snickered.

"Dare," I replied boldly. Must've been the firewhisky. Sirius whistled loudly.

"I dare you to kiss the most attractive person in the room!" She told me. I grinned, knowing how to get out of this. "Alright." I smiled.

Sirius puckered up as if i was going to smooch him.

I walked straight past him, knocking him over while cackling wildly. I stumbled over to a mirror and gave it a big drunken kiss. "Ohh that doesn't even count!!" James yelled and all the others laughed.

I snickered groggily and sat back down next to Remus, almost toppling him over. "Ok! My tu-urn," I laughed at how i slurred my words.

"Remus! Truth or dare." I asked him. Mostly cause he was the only thing i could see anymore.

"Truth," He replied chuckling at how out of this world i was.

"Who do you fancy!" I threw my hands in the air and almost hit him in the face. Everyone laughed and shared grins and glances.

He seemed to be in deep thought. "No one really," He replied honestly. I booed him. I couldn't remember the rest of the night. I must've blacked out in my dorm as i woke up the next morning with a pounding headache.

~

"Christmas break is tomorrow, are you heading home?" Lily asked between mouthfuls of cereal. I hadn't told my friends about my home life. In my defence, they never asked. The only ones who knew were the Marauders. I have no doubt Sirius told them about me. That boy shared everything with them.

"Yeah i'm staying at my brothers," I replied, not getting into detail.

I finished my breakfast really quickly before grabbing my things. "I'm heading to Hagrid's, i'm going to say goodbye."

I walked down the cobblestone path and across the giant creaky bridge.

"Hagrid, are you in there?" I knocked on the big wooden door. "Comi'n!" He shouted. The giant door opened and there was that warm smile i loved.

"Hallow 'vette, ow ave yoo been?" He ushered me inside. I replied and we had small chat about our day. The first thing i noticed that was different, was that the hut was extremely trashed. I didn't want to be rude, but i knew Hagrid wouldn't make this mess.

"Has the Hippogriff egg hatched yet?" I asked him, full of interest.

"Why yes it has!" Hagrid walked over to a cage in the corner of the room. "Meet, Buckbeak! He's caused quite the mess as you can see." He pointed towards the small wooden cage.

I laughed, "Can i meet him?"

"Of corse, com ear little buddy," He coo'd at the crate.

He walked over and unlocked the latch. A little ball of feathers walked out proudly. "Hello Buckbeak," I gave the small thing a pat underneath his chin.

"Well Hagrid, I'm leaving to go stay at my brothers tomorrow. I brought you a little early Christmas gift!" I handed him a basket of homemade treats.

"The elves helped me make them, i hope you like them." I smiled at the giant. He got teary eyed and blew his nose with Buckbeak. The bird looked very offended.

"Well yoo best be aoff then, and be expectin' a present when yoo get back to school." He hugged me a goodbye.

I walked back to the castle feeling warmer than ever. Life had been that way recently.

My mind raced with the memories of the past two full moons. They had been pretty much the exact same, but with Remus and I waking up on seperate mattresses to spare our embarrassment.

I made my way to my dorm. My trunks already packed. I was having the best time at Hogwarts, but i was ready to see Delmar, his wife and his daughter.

Yes he owled me about his 3 year old daughter Madaylia. I was so excited to meet her. She seemed like such a character.

Lily stumbled over, to me after coming back from breakfast. "So, what's your brother like?" She sat down next to me.

Well now i'm going to have to tell her. I thought.

"He's definitely nicer than the rest of my family, and he has the most beautiful wife." I told her.

"Wait, i never realised this. Since your a Payne, is your brother Delmar Payne?" Marlene walked over and sat down with us.

"Yes, why?" I replied, genuinely curious.

"Didn't he, you know, run away?" Marlene asked me quietly as if i were to get offended.

"Oh, yeah he did. Wait how do you know?" I asked her, turning to face the blonde.

"It was on every front cover, 'Delmar Payne runs away from prestigious family at age 14.'" She told me as Alice sat down with us.

"He had good reason." I announced to them. They looked at each other curiously.

"You can't just hint that you have an interesting backstory and not tell us," Alice started getting a glare from Lily.

"She doesn't have to tell us anything!" She shot at Alice who sulked.

"It's fine, i trust you all enough to know." I smiled at three girls.

I wasn't going to tell them anything too bad, just the bare details. And obviously nothing about my condition. That could end super badly.

"Well after my oldest brother ran away, just in case my other brother turned out the same, they had me." I started. "I was homeschooled up until last year when a ball was occurring. I embarrassed my whole family name and i was disowned because of that. So they shipped me off to my fellow disowned sibling. It's my first time being to his home so i'm excited."

I dropped that absolute bombshell on the trio and their jaws dropped. "Wow! Your full of surprises." Marlene teased me. It wasn't the full truth, but i didn't lie. I just left out some major details.

"Well it's boring in here, are you three up for a snowball fight in the courtyard?" Lily stood up and offered her hand to Alice. "Your going down Evans," Marlene grabbed me and we all ran down into the common room.

We stumbled into a very bored group of Marauders who were laying on the couch. "You four!" Marlene threw a pillow in the middle of them. "You vs us. Snowball fight. Right now." They all shrugged and chased us out into the courtyard.

We eventually all made it and we're huffing and puffing like big bad wolves. Well me and Remus were actually big bad wolves but they didn't need to know that.

"Alright i want a fair game ladies," Marlene told the boys, poking her tongue out.

"We'll see about that!" James said as he pegged a snowball right at Lily's face.

He immediately stopped laughing as he saw who he threw it at. We were all expecting a Lily-splosion, but she just picked up another snowball and threw it as hard as she could right in his face.

Everyone started laughing and the wars began.

At one point i stepped out of the chaos, a little overwhelmed. I walked over and started making a Snowman.

Remus, who had stepped out of the game after me, walked over and analysed what i was doing.

"Need any help?" He asked me, picking up a clump of snow and moulding it into the snowman's body.

We kept going until we made a perfectly average snowman. With a twist of course. Remus had added some wolf ears and a wolf snout. He then added some claws with twigs.

I however, took on a more fashionable approach. I threw some pink glitter onto the snowman, i always had glitter on me. Then with a wave of my wand, made the snow shine and sparkle.

The chaos of the snowball fight eventually stopped and they all walked over to see what we had created.

Remus and I stood beside our work of art. James started laughing and whispered something to Sirius. Sirius snorted and whispered something to Peter, who started cackling.

"What's so funny?!" Remus roused on them with a frown on his face.

"It's a baby Moony, made by Mr and Mrs Moony!" James burst out in laughter and Lily, Alice and Marlene all stared at them. They were all wondering in what world was that funny.
__________________________

Sirius is 16 everyone. He's such an old fart ikr. Love the cute playing in the snow moment from Yvette and Remus. So adorbs.

Come back to see how the Christmas holidays go!!💋

Word count - 2417

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

191M 4.5M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...
90.1M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...
39.5K 975 9
After pulling yet another prank on Katie, Connor is visited by Aphrodite to help her make Travis and Katie fall in love. But in love, life is never s...
313K 6.9K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc