Love Me, Mikayla

By ahavaenoch

"Burn with me, जान ऐ अदा, At least, for once, love me, Mikayla. . ." . . . Mikayla, a spoiled brat, daddy's p... More

PROLOGUE
before you read
INTERLUDE
INTERLUDE II
INTERLUDE III
INVITATION
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
X
XI
Raphael & Julia
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV

IX

538 63 93
By ahavaenoch

MIKAYLA

. . .

"I hope you got it, Miss," a smile is on my way as an assurance to my heart that my boss gives me.

"Of course," Mr Hitler, I grit my teeth and stretch my lips in a perfect pretty smile for a response.

He buys it, nodding his head. I push the door close and step back. My smile vanishes in the air and I walk back to my desk.

Finally, he is not letting me go. How annoying!

I want to resign from this job and find something else to do, if possible, but Mr Hitler is not letting me go, stopping me with lame excuses. I tried a lot to convince him but he is adamant about it.

He has reasoned with me enough times that he doesn't want to lose an employee like me and I wish to get out of here as soon as possible.

I remember my childhood when it was easier and smoother for me. Being a daughter of two beautiful people has its perks. Anything I wanted, I would just smile or bat my eyelashes to lure them into a plain web and they would do anything I would ask them to. However, things have changed now. My beauty can buy me things and so does my mannerism — I know what I am but I have learned to represent myself like a princess because I was raised like one — but not the way I want it anymore.

I got a promotion, too.

I went to ask him if this was his way of keeping me from resigning but he told me that he had been thinking about my promotion for a long time, seeing my work and dedication.

Thank goodness, otherwise, I would never have accepted this promotion.

I put my coffee cup on the table when the girl beside me peeks over the divider, uttering, "So how was it?"

Why does she want to know?

"I can't resign," I murmur, looking away.

"I see. Hitler is very fond of you, isn't it? But you want to follow Ibzan, right?"

"What do you mean, Vaidehi?"

Though I know she desperately wants me to grab her by her hair and shove her face into the desk, I hold myself back and listen to her patiently.

What a painful virtue it is.

"Ibzan is gone, we all know that." She is hissing like he just died. No, he got promoted and now is out of India. "You two were dating and now when he's not here, you want to follow him, right?"

"Wrong."

She rolls her eyes. Damn audacity. I grip my cup and take a sip, my taste buds falling at rest.

"Why are you hiding?" She raises her volume, stepping out to stand beside me. Oh, trust me, that tone was annoying. I shoot her a bored look but deep inside, my hands are itching to do her operation.

"Vaidehi," I sigh.

"Yes?" She crosses her arms on her chest, tipping her chin.

"Uh... I'm annoyed and I want you to stay away from me if you don't want yourself to be broken from somewhere. I don't think you'll like that side of me."

She chuckles. "I'm glad you told me," she exclaims, raising her arms in defense and walking away. The sound of her heels striking the floor resonates.

I grab my seat and enjoy my coffee, ready to leave after it is done. After my boss learned that I am getting married, he even granted me some freedom. My boss has come a long way from being Hitler to becoming Santa Claus. What changed him?

"Hey, Mikayla."

I stop doodling, raising my eyes to look at the girl who just called my name.

"Yes?"

"Uh," she worries her bottom lip, being as clumsy as she was in her childhood, "Congrats."

I roll my eyes back at the sheet. "Thanks."

"Okay," she whispers and moves to leave. However, she can't help her curiosity and asks, "Aren't you happy with this?"

"Why? Do you want to marry him instead?" I shot back, narrowing my eyes at her flushed face.

Her eyeballs almost pop out, her nose tip throbbing pink along with her cheeks. She is Pahadi, just like my mother. "What—N-No! Why would I-I?"

I can't even doubt her flushed countenance because she was always like that. Call it a coincidence that we are working together.

"Then stop asking me questions upon questions, Mahira, and please, leave."

"You're always angry," she murmurs before leaving.

Blah, blah, blah.

。ノ⁠♡

"Mikayla, leave her!"

"No! How dare she talk nonsense about my Dad? She needs to know the consequences!"

My threat is soon followed by a bright action as I slap the girl right across her face. She cries harder, stumbling back.

Oh, that's not over, kitty.

As I step ahead to grip her by her collar, I am pulled away by a firm grip on my wrist.

"Stop this madness, Mikayla," he says, stepping away from the crowd and taking me with him.

My jaw is clenched. "Get away," I grit out, eyeing the girl who is shivering like a dry leaf in a corner. I try to free myself but he isn't letting me go.

Meanwhile, the girl and her friends are consoling her, and her eyes are set on me, burst lip quivering along with her chin while oozing blood measuring the length of it. I am satisfied with the look of horror in those dark eyes, a smirk spreading on my lips.

However, he drags me away. I notice my classmate, Mahira, watching us, hiding behind a pillar. She looks afraid. Not my concern.

"What's wrong with you?" He lets go of my wrist after we have reached a serene place.

"She talked nonsense about my Dad."

"So you'll beat her?"

"No, I'll kill her!"

"You're crazy!"

I scoff, walking away. He jogs behind me, catching my speed effortlessly. We reach the bathroom and I walk inside to wash my hands.

My toes curl inside my shoes when I notice blood there, getting washed down. The red is not red anymore but pink, staining the sink and it is gross. I look away, taking deep breaths to calm my heart.

When I walk out, he is still standing there.

He turns around, sensing my presence. "Done?"

I hum, drying my hands.

"The principal is gonna call your parents."

"I'm used to it."

"If it keeps happening, they'll throw you out."

"Isn't it good for you?"

"Shut up," he murmurs and walks away, taking the staircase while I choose to stay outside. Soon the principal will call me and give me a lecture that I should control my anger. But I can't.

"Mikayla?"

"Mahira?"

She smiles at me, taking a seat beside me on the bench. I noticed another classmate of mine, Julia. She passes me a soft smile and so do I, soon looking away.

"Aren't you coming inside?" Mahira asks me.

"No." I stare blankly at the bushes, letting the sunrays caress my left cheek. Winters I love and these days are lovely when the sweet sunlight is up.

"Mr Mathur is calling you."

I swallow, my heart skipping a beat. "I'm not coming. Tell him that I'm not feeling well or I might hit someone else in the class. It can be him, too."

"Nobody will dare to even come in front of you."

I shoot her a death glare that shuts her up instantly. She mutters an apology. Behind her, Julia is grinning. She isn't afraid of me like the rest of the girls. However, she instantly covers her set of teeth behind my lips and gives me a straight look.

"It's okay. I don't like math so I'm not gonna attend the class. Now go and tell him that I'm not coming."

She wordlessly walks away but I know he won't be leaving me alone. Like a leech, he desired to be latched. No student can make me do otherwise, that's why he himself will come because he has authority.

"Mikayla?"

As I said.

。ノ⁠♡

Smoking is a relief.

Can't help but do it over and over again, knowing about the consequences very well. However, more pleasant is the feeling of blankness of mind and filling up the lungs with poison. It doesn't feel like poison when taken happily and willingly. Someday I have to die anyway.

If something else could give me relief, I would have forgotten about this thing but it has become a habit now.

The talab I feel to smoke every time I am stressed is too much to handle. Just out of hand.

"Don't you have shame? There are kids around and you're smoking!"

"Blindfold your child then."

She scoffs and leaves, scrunching her nose badly. I shrug my shoulders, continuing my work. The kid passing by gives me a stink eye like he will never smoke in his life but little boy, you too will grab it.

I also used to look at such people with that same kind of look. But see, I myself am addicted to it today. People change.

I behold the beauty of sunset with blank and watery eyes. How pretty it looks, I can't help but sigh in bliss. The sky is in the shades of saffron, the deepest and the most felt around the sun. Clouds are scattered in the air, gray to blue, a very thin and transparent sheet of vapors and it all reminds me of corpses enshrouded with muslin and linen.

The birds in the air, flying about to their abode remind me that I too have a home.

Nonetheless, I want to spend some time here.

My phone buzzes the very next moment. I check the ID and roll my eyes with a deep sigh.

Crushing the head of my cigarette, I drag the green button up.

"Where are you?"

"Find me."

I hear him exhaling on the other side and I can imagine him looking up at nothing particular. Meanwhile, I stare down at the gray ash lying beside me.

"Mama called you, didn't she?" I murmur, tossing away the stick and grabbing my bag.

"No. I just wanna pick you up. I remember Eliab telling me your car is in service."

Oh.

"Sending you the location," I answered before cutting the line. I send him my current location and put my phone after I see blue ticks received by my message.

Now when he is coming, I need to scent my breath. I take out Mentos and chew it quickly, keeping the rest in my fist.

A boy watches me silently, standing beside the bench I am sitting upon. "Want some?" I show him the annoying thing. I don't like mentos but I have to have one to get rid of the smell in my mouth. I know Blondie doesn't like this smell while I call it addictive.

The boy quickly nods, grinning at me.

"Catch!" I toss the plastic container at him. He catches it instantly and runs away after thanking me.

I also take my bag and walk to the poolside where there is less crowd. Wish I could sit here as I please but my skirt won't help me.

I have no other way than to walk back and forth. My arms crossed underneath my breasts, I keep my face neutral as I stare at nothing particular. However, the sky is indeed fascinating and I want to paint it. I have something in my mind.

"Hi." He stands beside me, surprising me. It was too quick. "Hope I'm not late."

"You're not," I answered him quietly, still not moving from the place. As I said, I want to spend some time here. I don't want to go home. The same bright look and smell of sweets and flowers is now annoying to me.

"You don't wanna leave now?"

"Why did you come here?" I ask him instead, earning myself his quick attention. "I could hire a cab but I guess, you just want an excuse to catch me."

"How are you so sure?"

"I just know." Your eyes tell, silly man!

He sighs, nodding his head even though I am not looking at him. "Sometimes I'm worried about you."

My silly heart skips a beat. Wish it were a child, I would've scolded it not to react like that.

"I'm not a child."

"I doubt."

I turn to him and pinch his chin between my forefinger and thumb. I make him look at me as I utter, "You doubt, huh?"

A pinch of amusement I find spilling into his marine eyes. Bestowed with a kiss of sunset, his shine with mirth yet like twinkling stars in the sky to help someone who's lost.

He gently holds my wrist to free his chin, those baby ocean eyes catching a glimpse of my henna-cladded hands. I let go, snatching my wrist and glaring at him.

"Show me," he says, "But when we're alone."

I punch his bicep, ignoring the people around us. He growls, rubbing the part where I punched him. Dramatically. I don't think it even hurt him.

"Tum pregnant ho kya?" He hisses, making me realize it was a really hard punch. But I don't regret it.

(Are you pregnant?)

Huh?

"Tumhara mood swing hi aisa hota hai," he reveals further, glaring at me instantly.

(Your mood swings like that.)

"Shut up," I grumble and walk away. He follows me soon, catching my speed. However, on the way, I feel my chest contradicting painfully and I grip his arm before I stumble back.

"What's wrong?" He asks, concerned. I can hear that in his voice.

"Nothing just..." I shake my head, rubbing my chest uselessly where it pains. It doesn't go down, hurting as if needles are pierced into my lungs.

I know it will be fine after I take deep breaths. Nothing new. So I do that, still clutching his arm for my dear life or else I will collapse.

He hands me a water bottle that I don't know from where he managed. I take it and manage sips.

"Feeling better?" He asks, taking the bottle from my hand.

I nod my head, releasing a sigh. There is still a bit of pain but I can manage. He shouldn't know or else he will make a fuss about it. I'm totally fine.

"Let's leave then," I hear him say before I start taking small steps, following him. I let go of his arm instantly and he seems to notice it but says nothing about it.

As we reach his car, I open the door and slide in. The fresh fragrance fills my lungs as I breathe it shortly. Aloes and musk. Comfortable, as I lean back and fasten the seatbelt. He follows his side and starts driving.

"Mind visiting a doctor?" He asks shortly after he starts driving, snatching all my attention in a blink of an eye.

"Why? No! I'm totally fine," I declare firmly. Doctors are scary.

A soft sigh is what I hear the very next moment that catches my attention. He does it often. "I see. You shouldn't take it lightly." His arm smoothly turns the steering wheel.

"Shut up," I mutter, tongue bitter in a second. The thought alone of a doctor is chilling to the bones.

"I'm just worried about you." Once again the warmth of his words sinks down my flesh to caress my bones.

"Stop saying that!" I utter, glaring at him, "Do you understand? Just don't repeat that, got it?"

"Why are you angry all of a sudden?" He steals a glimpse of me, blue eyes accusing me of the sudden change in my temper.

I swallow. No, don't do that either. It's all worthless! The things that happen to this naive heart are worthless.

I look outside as the soft gust of autumn dusk caresses my cheek. The car turns and I feel my heart getting heavy the very next moment.

"Don't talk to me," I murmur, my grip becoming tight on my purse that rests in my lap. My nails clamp against the leather skin.

He doesn't answer me. But I know he keeps stealing glimpses of me. Don't ask how. I just know.

"Stop looking at me."

Again there is no response. Silence is back. Warmth hugs me. My shine with the tangerine glow of the evening sun that melts far away, bathing houses and poles. Long and stretched shades of solid things are seeping over the paved ground. He drives smoothly and it all lulls me to fall asleep.

。ノ⁠♡

"Once again?" I murmur, leaning against my chair. I ignore the sad look on her face and gaze at the bright daylight outside. Oh, my eyes!

She nods her head, making me sigh. I take out my tiffin and put it in front of her. "Have mine," I say, looking around. The classroom is empty.

She gasps and immediately shakes her head. I watch her hands move again as she answers me through them.

"I can't accept it daily! I always have your tiffin and sometimes you stay with an empty stomach. God will blame me! Please, take it back."

"What?" I laugh, "God is kind. He knows you need it more than me. Have it and don't argue with me now, okay? Or I'll do something very bad!"

She chews her bottom lip, nodding her head. Oh, the perks of being a bad girl.

I get up to leave when she holds my wrist from behind. I look at her, arching my brow.

"What are you going to have?" She asks, her face twisted in concern.

"I have money. Want some momos? I'm getting Pepsi, too."

She immediately shakes her head. "You have given me enough." Oh. "Thank you. And please, come to eat with me. I don't like to eat alone."

"Of course, I'll be back shortly!"

"We're here," he says, softly patting my shoulder and I am well aware of his presence.

I peel my eyes open and see the glory of my house standing right in front of me. "I see," I mumble and unfasten the seat belt. I move out, holding the strap of my bag over my shoulder.

"Aren't you coming inside?" I ask, tugging my hair behind my ear that escaped by a swift wind.

"No."

I shrug my shoulders and turn to leave. My phone buzzes with a notification and I look at the text message. She is coming. I reach the doorstep and step inside. It is then I hear the buzz of the moving car. He leaves after he makes sure.

。ノ⁠♡

3k+

So, got the hints?

Multiple POVs may come from the next update. Would you mind if I wrote a bit about others too? I mean, if I wish to add more couples. However, the mains are Barak and Mikayla only.

I know this chapter was like a filler but I couldn't help it. You see it's Spring? I love this season. I love the serene place outside my house and the blinding sunlight of the midday sun. I got to write now and I didn't realize when it reached the limit. I like this part of the day.

I hope you liked this chapter also.

Vote and comment.
Thanks for reading.

Stay beautiful and stay happy.
Jesus loves you <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

96K 2.7K 26
"You've started this game so let's play it fair and square, you've married me without my will so I'll fuck you without your will, what do you say?" H...
170K 15.5K 16
𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐬𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐥 𝐭𝐨 "𝐑𝐞𝐝 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬: 𝐅𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐁𝐨𝐧𝐝" 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 �...
810K 43.3K 85
"What do you mean I was gifted to you?" "It is not good to eavesdrop but you heard it right. You are a gift that was forcefully imposed on me." "Y-Yo...
189K 10.9K 23
Book #2 of " Our Love" Series. • Sahdev & Kumkum• " I hate You " " The feeling is mutual Miss " A girl & a boy muttered, their voice full of anger...