Caramel | Rip Wheeler

By lolaprincesa

Her skin was the color of caramel, her eyes were the color of whiskey after a long day. More

Caramel - Chapter One
Caramel - Chapter Two
Caramel - Chapter Three
Caramel - Chapter Five
Caramel - Chapter Six
Caramel - Chapter Seven
Caramel - Chapter Eight
Caramel - Chapter Nine
Caramel - Chapter Ten
Caramel - Chapter Eleven
Caramel - Chapter Twelve
Caramel - Chapter Thirteen
Caramel - Chapter Fourteen
Caramel - Chapter Fifteen
Caramel - Chapter Sixteen
Caramel - Chapter Seventeen
Caramel - Chapter Eighteen
Caramel - Chapter Nineteen
Caramel - Chapter Twenty
Caramel - Chapter Twenty One
Caramel - Chapter Twenty Two
Caramel - Chapter Twenty Three
Caramel - Chapter Twenty Four
Caramel - Chapter Twenty Five
Caramel - Chapter Twenty Six
Caramel - Chapter Twenty Seven
Caramel - Chapter Twenty Eight
Caramel - Chapter Twenty Nine
Caramel - Chapter Thirty

Caramel - Chapter Four

2.4K 66 6
By lolaprincesa

The sun peaked over the field, making the roosters happy enough to sing. That's how Maria felt, happy enough to sing.

Kayce looked up at her as he laid on his stomach, the blanket covering his lower half. "Do you think we could grow to love each other?"

She looked down at him, holding the sheets to her bare chest. "Maybe." She shrugged. "It's looking like I'm not going anywhere anytime soon, so I guess we'll find out."

He thought for a second, then rolled onto his side, propping his head up with his hand. "Did it hurt you?"

She blushed. "I was too distracted to tell."

He hummed, pouting a lip, not knowing how to take that sentence. "Did you like it?"

A giggle escaped her lips and a smile spread on his own pair. "Did you, Kayce?" She questioned jokingly.

With a nod he answered her rhetorical question. "I did."

Before she could say anything, the sound of the barn doors swinging caused them both to lift their heads. When they couldn't get a good view of the window, they both stood and walked over to the window. She wrapped the sheets on her naked body, peaking out. Rip was just outside of the barn, filling tanks with water. He seemed lost in thought before he instinctively looked up toward the window they were standing in. Kayce and Maria shared a glance, thinking he hadn't saw them. He did, but bit down on the toothpick in his mouth to hide the jealousy brewing in his chest.

"I have to go." Kayce mumbled, reaching for his pants. "I really hope he doesn't tell my father." He scrambled around trying to put his pants on. "That's the last thing we need right now."

"I don't think he saw us." She did the same, sliding her clothing on. "Even if he did, why would he tell your dad?"

"I hope not." He tucked his shirt in, leaning forward for a small kiss. "Forget it. I'll see you at breakfast?"

"Maybe." He smiled at her teasing, then slipped through the door without another word. "Fuck." She whispered to herself. She slid her hands into her messy hair, tugging at the roots.

Neither of them had slept, they spent the whole night wrapped in each other's arms. She smiled at the thought, but her smile disappeared when someone knocked on her door. Her hands fell to her side, her heart beating rapidly. They had been caught, surely.

She cleared her throat, in attempt to sound confident. "Come in."

The door opened and John peaked in. "Hey, you're up. Good morning."

"Mornin' sir." She smiled, motioning him in with a hand. "Come on in." She walked toward a suitcase she had yet to unpack, picking it up and a tossing it onto the bed.

"John." He said. "Call me John, honey." He pushed the door open and stepped inside the room. "What do you know about grooming horses?" He watched as she unzipped the suite case, pulling out folded jeans.

She hummed, setting the pairs onto the unmade bed. "Just about as much as you do, sir." She joked, noticing his eyebrows propped up, "John. Sorry."

"Okay well..." He had an amused smile on his lips. "I think you may know more about this horse than I do." He began to close the door. "Get dressed, meet me by the barn." Before he closed the door he pushed it open again. "Oh and hey!" He pointed a finger toward the large window. "No peeking."

"You got it." She nodded, confused but obedient. After he was gone she grabbed whatever jeans and whatever t-shirt she could get her hands on because she was terrified of taking too long and keeping John waiting. She rushed brushing her teeth and hair, after that she was ready.

She hopped and skipped down the hall and down the stairs until she was standing in front of the front door. When she swung it open was when her jaw dropped to the floor. "Blue Jeans." She blurted.

As she walked through the door, she noticed John and Rip standing next to the large horse. "Now, I know your father was famous for these big beauty's but wow." He smirked. "I'll trade ya."

"How did you.." She glanced at Rip, he kept his face straight, his jaw clenched. "What is he doing here?"

"Rip told me you missed him." John walked toward her, guiding the horse by the lead. "Had to get him here as soon as possible. Hope it makes you feel a bit more.." He gave her a toothy smile. "At home."

"You bought him back from the ranch?"

"I sure did." He snickered. "I've never owned a clydesdale and now I never will cause honey.." He handed her the lead. "He's all yours."

She looked at Rip as she took the lead from John's hand. "You did this?"

He pressed his lips together, keeping it simple. "I just got the word to him."

She dropped the lead, knowing she could trust him to stay put and wrapped her arms around John. She began to cry and he wrapped his arms around her comfortingly. "It's okay." He patted her back. "Every horse needs its cowboy." They parted and he wiped her face a bit with his thumb. "Well, in this case, his cowgirl."

She separated from him, then took a couple steps toward Rip, wrapping her arms around him. "Thank you." She whispered softly in the direction of his ear. He loosely wrapped an arm around her waist, she felt the awkwardness so she separated herself. "My father raised Blue Jeans." She wiped her face. "Thank you, it means so much to me."

John patted her back, as her and Rip's embrace broke. "Don't mention it, sweetie." He pointed at Rip. "Why don't you give him a tour of the pasture. I'm sure he missed you just as much as you missed him." John said. "Go on, your saddles in the barn. Breakfast in fifteen, though."

"My saddle?" John continued to nod as he walked away. Which left her to turn to rip. "My saddle?" she repeated.

"Only if your saddle has sunflowers on it." Rip tried so hard to be angry, but ultimately he was just hurt. The smile on her face made him forget just how hurt he was though, all that mattered in that moment was how happy she was.

She went to hug him again but a voice from behind stopped them mid-embrace. "If I have to watch you two hug again it'll make me sick."

They turned to see Beth standing with her arms crossed. "If you don't mind I have to speak to Rip in private."

Maria landed back down on her heels, shaking her head. "I don't mind at all. He's all yours." Beth scowled, glaring as she walked passed her.

"I'll put him in the stall, Ms. Maria." Rip tipped his hat toward her. Beth rolled her eyes, taking Rips hand as they walked toward the barn.

Walking back into the house she noticed John and three boys sitting at the table, one which she hadn't met yet. "Boys." She greeted. "Good mornin' to y'all."

A unison of greetings sang from the dining table, as she walked around John, a tall man with a beard stood, setting his hat on his chest and offering his hand. "Ms. Maria, I haven't had the pleasure." He shook her hand respectfully. "Lee Dutton."

"Nice to meet you." She smiled. "It's just Maria."

"See how it feels." John bullied, taking a sip of his coffee.

The boys laughed, Jamie nodded at her. "You sleeping comfortably?" He asked.

"Yeah well, I didn't get much sleep last night-" She caught herself, clearing her throat. "I mean, the house was kind of warm. I only have winter clothes."

Kayce all but snorted as he laughed. "I agree, it was pretty hot in here."

John peeked over his newspaper at the two looking at each other from across the table. "You know they say a stallion can smell when a mare is in heat." All four of them turned their heads in his direction. "Just make sure the stallion isn't smelling the mare at the breakfast table is what I always say."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.7K 521 22
Kayla Watson moves too Rip wheeler's Dutton ranch, after leaving from being in prison for 10 years for the charge of Man slaughter.She meets kayce Du...
9.3K 91 19
Just read it. It's good i promise (completed) (edited)
224K 7.3K 61
Everyone knows the Dutton family. John, the father. Lee, the bachelor. Beth, the merciless banker. Jamie, the lawyer. Kayce, the horseman. But...
59.3K 1.1K 21
Kindness doesn't exist. At least not for us Dutton's. One moment of kindness is a moment of weakness. Weakness gets you killed. OC x Rip Wheeler