Love Live! Sparkling Future!!

By WeavryBruiser2003

The fine line between "Pushing yourself to the limit so you can become stronger!" and "Pushing yourself to th... More

Chapter 1 ~ The Weight of Achievement
Chapter 2 ~ Unconventional Vacation Proposal
Chapter 3 ~ The Beginning of Adventure
Chapter 4 ~ Into the Unknown Depths
Chapter 6 ~ Sunset Serenity
Chapter 7 ~ A Day of Preparations
Chapter 8 ~ Project, Planning, and Partnerships
Chapter 9 ~ Parallel Peace
Chapter 10 ~ Break from Physics
Chapter 11 ~ The Unexpected Star

Chapter 5 ~ Uncharted Beginnings

90 4 0
By WeavryBruiser2003

Mochimune is a coastal area located in Suruga Ward, Shizuoka City, Shizuoka Prefecture, Japan. It is known for its picturesque beaches, fresh seafood, and laid-back atmosphere. Mochimune Beach is a popular destination for locals and tourists alike, offering opportunities for swimming, sunbathing, and water sports during the summer months.

One of the highlights of Mochimune is its thriving fishing industry. Visitors can enjoy freshly caught seafood at local restaurants and seafood markets. The area is particularly famous for its delicious eel dishes, as well as other seafood specialties such as sashimi and sushi.

In addition to its natural beauty and culinary delights, Mochimune also has historical significance. It was once an important port for trade during the Edo period (1603–1868) and has retained some of its traditional charm.

Overall, Mochimune offers visitors a relaxing seaside retreat with stunning ocean views, delectable seafood, and a glimpse into Japan's maritime history.

And this is where Izuku shall have his first experience exploring another universe.

[September 27th, 2022]

It is early morning—4:45 AM—and the sun has yet to rise, leaving the sky in a dark hue as it waits for the radiant glow to come and shine upon the earth. And since it has entered autumn—the Season of Falling Leaves—the weather is currently chilly and slightly breezy; the air is crisp and refreshing. As such, most of the locals are still fast asleep in their beds as the world around them continues to slumber peacefully.

But that peacefulness is partially interrupted by something: a bright blue and yellow vortex hovering just above a street corner like a strange patch in the fabric of reality itself—a bizarre occurrence that is unbeknownst to everyone. The portal shimmers and ripples like a pond surface whenever the wind blows gently towards it. And seconds later, a green-haired teen emerges from it with his suitcase in hand and backpack strapped onto his back—his hair is disheveled and his face is covered in sweat.

Izuku groans as he staggers forward with his body swaying a bit; his eyelids are closed tightly as he takes in deep breaths. He places his free hand on his chest, trying to ease his heart from pounding so hard against his ribcage. His face is scrunched up in discomfort as he lets out another groan. While he's still trying to shake off the great discomfort and unease that comes with passing through portals (he hopes that it'll go away soon), the portal behind him shrinks in a rather quick fashion before disappearing entirely with a pop—like a bubble being popped.

"Master." A.V.A's soft yet concerned voice rings in his ears, "Are you alright?"

"J-Just... Just give me a moment..." He pants tiredly as he wipes the sweat from his forehead away, as his heart is still pounding erratically inside his chest, "I'm... I-I'm okay."

"Are you sure?" The avatar asked, sounding unconvinced by his statement, "Your vitals are slightly unstable at the moment."

"I said I'm fine, A.V.A." He insisted while shaking his head slightly before opening his eyes a bit and blinking a few times to clear his blurry vision, "Just... Just let me catch my breath for a moment."

A.V.A looks unsure for a moment before nodding hesitantly and saying nothing more. Izuku lets out a sigh as he straightens his posture and slowly regains his composure. Then, he starts inspecting his surroundings to get a better look at them.

The first thing that catches his attention is the road in front of him—a simple street that runs parallel with the beach. It has a standard two-lane format, divided by a painted line in the center. Not many buildings line its sides; only a few small commercial structures can be seen around him. One of them is a restaurant that seemingly sells seafood. Another is a convenience store. There's also a bicycle shop on one side and a surfboard rental service on the other side. Since it is very near the beach itself, it's no surprise that these stores are there in the first place.

There are very few cars around; most of them are parked in front of their respective residences or businesses. But none of them are active at this moment. And even though it's still early in the morning, he can see some people walking around—most of them are locals, judging from their clothing and appearance. They don't pay any attention to him; their heads are down, focused on their phones or on what's in front of them. Some of them are talking amongst themselves, while others are walking in silence. Overall, this is just an average, peaceful neighborhood—one that you'd normally find in any ordinary city in Japan.

"Well, this is nice." He commented pleasantly as he let out another sigh as his heart finally started to slow down its frantic beating, "So... Where are we right now?"

"According to my navigation system, we are in Mochimune." A.V.A explained briskly while a miniature map appeared on the screen, "Suruga Ward, Shizuoka City, Shizuoka Prefecture, Japan."

"Well, at least we're still in Japan. So that's a huge bonus." Izuku hummed as he scanned around his surroundings again, his face etched with curiosity and wonder, "And... what universe are we in?"

"Please hold on for a moment." His AI companion stated before remaining silent for a few seconds; her icon flashes several times before returning to normal, "We are in Universe—LLSF-362822594. And judging from the data I've obtained so far, it seems that we are on Earth—a normal Earth like our own with a major difference. The year is currently 2022. Date: September 27th. Time: 4:47 AM. You have been brought to the Universe—LLSF-362822594 version of Japan. Coordination: 34°55'22.5"N, 138°22'00.8"E."

"Oh... wow." He drawled out in awe, his eyes wide in bewilderment, "So this is the universe Dr. O'Morrigan chose to send me to? It's... very pleasing so far, though I shouldn't just jump to conclusions after arriving here. I need to see more of it first before I... Wait, A.V.A?"

"Yes, Master?" The AI girl answered promptly.

"You said that this... Earth is a normal one like our own, with a major difference." The greenette asked when he caught a detail regarding that particular statement, "Wh-What was that supposed to mean?"

"Hold on for a moment, please." The avatar nodded before remaining silent for a few moments; her icon flashed several times before returning to normal, "The main difference between this Earth and ours is that... Quirks do not exist here."

The sound of the silent breeze ostensibly getting a bit louder fills his ears as he processes that information in his head; his face is that of a great shock.

"...Wait, wh-what?" He asked incredulously as his eyebrows rose up in bewilderment and his eyes were widening more, "No... Quirks?"

"None." A.V.A confirmed without a hint of hesitation in her voice, "There are no superhuman abilities found in this universe whatsoever. Everything is purely human, from biology to technology. We are in a world where only humans can exist with their own capabilities alone—no Quirks to assist them whatsoever. This also means that Heroes and Villains do not exist either. Though there are still criminal activities from time to time, they are not as major and complex as our universe's equivalent of them."

"This... This is unbelievable." Izuku muttered breathlessly, his brain trying to process this whole new revelation at an incredible rate, "This is a universe... wh-where Quirks do not exist? That's... That's incredible. But, wait. Is it because we're... w-we're basically in the past or something? Like... we live in the year 2150, so I think... W-Well, I suppose that's the logical explanation. Yeah, that makes sense."

"Pardon me, Master. But I'm afraid you're wrong." The avatar clarified quickly before letting out a small sigh; her voice sounds apologetic yet also amused at the same time, "In our world—even decades before their emergence—there have been subtle yet potent signs that Quirks were developing within the human race. Things such as superhuman strength, regeneration, fire breathing, and many more have occurred from time to time but were deemed the products of urban legends or fictional tales—no one ever believed them. In this world, however, I have not detected any such signs of Quirks developing within humanity. While there are still records of supernatural or inexplicable events happening over the years, all of them were reported from eyewitnesses and sightings with little to no solid evidence. In other words, there is no sign of Quirks manifesting anywhere in this universe at all—whether it is now or in the future. And please trust me when I say that I have checked everything thoroughly. Multiple times."

The greenette remains silent for a few moments after hearing her explanation; his emerald orbs are gazing at the ground with a look of contemplation etched on his face.

A world without Quirks?

What is he supposed to do in this new universe?

This is actually quite disheartening to hear for him; he's always dreamed of exploring a world where Quirks didn't exist and had been hoping that he could have that experience at some point. Born Quirkless, he's always had to watch others use their powers and abilities on a daily basis while he was left behind in the dust. Now, to be fair, he already has his own power in the form of One For All, but the sentiment still stands. He wanted to experience what it's like to be in a world where Quirks do not exist. But now, when the chance is in front of him, he... doesn't really know what to do about it.

Not helping that his 'Hero Instincts' are practically telling him to just abandon this whole vacation period and search for criminals or disasters or whatever to stop.

"Master. I know you are very conflicted concerning this situation right now, but I assure you that you will find many wonderful experiences in this world." A.V.A's sweet and soothing voice rings in his ear, "Think of it this way: You are a hero-in-training who walks on a path with great dangers and expectations to be fulfilled—a path that requires immense training and discipline in order to stay on top of your game. But, at the same time, an excessive amount of training can also cause stress and physical damage to one's body—something that is very serious. That is why I believe it would be best for you to have this vacation period in this universe—in this world. No Quirks mean no Villain. No Villains means no worries. And no worries mean no stress. With your mind and body refreshed from all of that non-stop training and its strains, you will be able to continue your training with a clearer and healthier mind. And your physics can only benefit from having a break from it as well."

The greenette sighs as he keeps his gaze glued to the ground; his eyes are filled with conflicting emotions. A part of him still wants to do something, while the other wants him to just take it easy for a while. He really doesn't know what to do about it; it's like two sides of him are fighting against each other inside his head. He wants to stay here and explore this new world. But his mind and body, which are practically built for those who wish to be heroes, won't stop bugging him about being helpful to people at any time—day or night. He's always been like this since he was a kid: wanting to be a hero no matter what and willing to do whatever it takes to become one. So to not help people in this new world—especially with no Quirks present—would be such an anomaly. It's going against his nature and his whole being as a hero-in-training.

But another part of him wants him to just take it easy for once.

He's always been trying too hard at everything; he always has to push himself harder than others and sometimes beyond his limits in order to stand a chance against them—against villains and enemies alike. And since he's been given this vacation period by his teachers and the principal himself, he should take this opportunity to relax and unwind—to unclench his tightly wound fists and breathe in the fresh air of this new world. A new scene is a nice change of pace. So perhaps it wouldn't be so bad if he indulged in a little sightseeing now and then. Maybe he'll even find a few cool things that aren't in his own world.

And besides, his mom has already signed his permission slip, even though she doesn't know the entire truth.

Taking one last deep breath, the greenette exhales slowly as he lifts his head up and stares at the sky with a determined look on his face; his emerald orbs are sparkling with curiosity and anticipation.

"You know what? You're right." He stated confidently, his voice laced with a tinge of excitement, "I want to see this world and its wonders with my own eyes. Like, a whole new experience is waiting for me to discover!"

"That's the spirit, Master." A.V.A's soft yet encouraging voice echoes in his ear, sounding very pleased by his decision, "I'm glad to hear that you're so enthusiastic about this. Now, please, let me guide you through this journey."

Izuku nods with a smile stretching on his lips before adjusting the straps of his backpack and moving forward. His destination is not certain yet; he just goes with the flow. And while he's at it, he might as well enjoy this momentary freedom while he still can—without any villains or other dangers trying to kill him off.

"So, where to first?" He asked as he gazed at the few shops around him with an intrigued expression on his face, "Anything interesting here?"

"For now, I recommend you head to a nearby motel." A.V.A stated briskly while displaying a list of motels in the vicinity on the screen, "A 24-hour one in particular since it is currently still early in the morning. Try searching for something that's near this specific location."

The greenette nods before making his way towards the closest motel. It doesn't take long for him to find it; the sign in front of him has a bunch of fancy letters that make it clear which one it is. The building is old but still looks clean and sturdy—most likely well maintained. He enters the lobby and is greeted by a tired-looking man at the counter; his face is scrunched up with sleepiness as he yawns loudly.

"Good morning." He said gruffly as he rubbed his eyes, "Welcome to Mochimune Motel."

"G-Good morning." Izuku replied awkwardly as his smile faltered slightly in response to the other's behavior, "Um... one room for..."

"One night." His AI companion chimed in without missing a beat; her voice sounds uncharacteristically monotone, "Preferably a single room."

"Uhm, a-a single room for one night, please." The greenette repeated uncertainly.

"Right." The clerk nodded before leaning forward and tapping on his computer's keyboard; he types away as his eyes scan the screen for a few seconds, "Okay. And how will you be paying for it?"

"With cash, I suppose..." The greenette replied; his voice trails off at the end as he glances around nervously.

"Cash. All right." The clerk said curtly before reaching down underneath the desk and retrieving a small key; he handed it to him along with a small piece of paper, "Your room number is 9B. It's on the second floor. Payment will be due tomorrow at noon sharp, or you'll be charged a penalty fee."

"Th-Thank you." The greenette nods as he accepts the items with shaky hands before moving towards the stairs; his feet are feeling heavier than usual thanks to the exhaustion and fatigue, "Uh... g-good day?"

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever." The clerk muttered before pulling a mug out of nowhere that has 'I hate my life' written on it and then proceeds to take a veeeeery looooooooooooong sip from it.

"How unprofessional." A.V.A huffed in his ear; her tone is slightly irritated, "A blatant show of laziness and disrespect for customers. Not to mention his appearance as well."

"I-I don't think we should demonize him too much, A.V.A." Izuku muttered nervously while walking up the stairs, his face etched with a discomforted look on it, "H-He was probably tired or something."

"That does not excuse his attitude, Master." The avatar retorted quickly; her voice is firm, yet there's an underlying tone of annoyance beneath it, "Regardless, we shouldn't concern ourselves with it and focus on finding our room."

The greenette gives her a small nod before continuing his way up the stairs; his hand grips the railing tightly as he steadies himself with every step he takes. The teleportation has probably drained most of his energy from him. Not to mention, his whole body feels heavy right now—like weights are strapped onto them. And the dizziness isn't helping either; he can feel himself swaying slightly.

"Th-These are definitely the side effects of portal hopping." He thought weakly as he let out a deep breath while slowly stepping forward; his legs are trembling under him, "Well, on the bright side, at least they w-were not as severe as the other portal hopping in the generic sci-fi movies. Soooo... no heavy complaining here."

It doesn't take long for him to finally arrive in front of his room—9B is plastered on its door. He inserts the key into the slot and turns it; the door unlocks with a small click before sliding open with a mechanical whir. Once inside, he immediately drops everything to the ground—his suitcase, his backpack, his shoes—before stumbling towards the bed and collapsing onto it face down. His entire body is aching from head to toe, and his eyelids are drooping heavily from fatigue.

"Oh dear! Master!" A.V.A exclaimed in surprise; her voice sounds genuinely worried for him, "Are you alright?"

"M' fine... just exhausted..." He slurred sleepily, his face buried in the soft yet lumpy mattress underneath him, "G'night..."

"But... Master. It is early in the morning." She stated hesitantly, her voice trailing off at the end, "I'm sure you'll feel better after some rest."

Izuku lets out an incoherent groan before burying his face deeper into the mattress and closing his eyes tightly. Within moments, his breathing evens out as he drifts off into a deep slumber—one that will hopefully last throughout the whole day.

-O-O-O-O-O-

On the other side of the country—about 190 km away from where he currently is—a girl almost the same age as his is slowly being pulled from her dreamland of school idols and sparkling stars and onto the real world. There is no sunlight streaming through the window yet, so the only light comes from a bright blue screen hovering above her nightstand that displays her alarm clock—4:50 AM. The girl grumbles and groans as she slowly opens her eyes before squinting at the dim blue glow emanating from said clock.

"Soooo bright..." She thought blearily, with her mind still too drowsy to register what's happening around her at the moment.

She possesses a slim figure that exudes a balanced mix of maturity and cuteness, and her feminine curves are not too pronounced yet not too subtle either. Her black hair, which turns green at its tips, reaches her shoulders, letting it freely hang around her face. She has green eyes—a brilliant emerald color that shines brightly whenever the sunlight hits them—that are currently filled with weariness and tiredness from being disturbed so early in the morning by an unknown force. Despite how tired and annoyed she is right now, her beauty can't be denied by anyone.

With a sleepy sigh, she forces herself up off of her bed and makes her way towards the bathroom with half-lidded eyes. Her steps are slow and unsteady at first, but she eventually manages to adjust herself so that she can maintain her balance. Once inside, she washes her face before brushing her teeth and answering the call of nature. Afterwards, she returns to her bedroom to sit on her bed for a while.

"Uuuughhhhhhh..." She whines as she rubs her tired eyes, and her body feels heavy and sluggish, "Goodness, it's too early..."

The girl groans again as she sits up straighter and glances around her room. The walls are adorned with various posters of her favorite idol groups, such as µ's, Aqours, Nijigasaki High School Idol Club (or Nijigaku for short), and Liella!, complete with their respective merchandise ranging from CDs to figurines to light sticks. But the Nijigaku one is the most prominent among all of them—mostly because she is their manager after all. But more than that, she loves them dearly; she respects them for their hard work and how they brighten everyone's day whenever they perform. And because of that, she vowed to be a fan of theirs for the rest of her life and support them in every way possible.

She yawns loudly as she stretches her arms and legs before standing up and walking over to the balcony, where the green curtains are closed tightly, blocking any outside view. She then moves towards the glass doors and slides them open with a bit of difficulty; a cool breeze brushes against her skin as she steps outside, causing goosebumps to form on her flesh. With another yawn, she leans against the railing and stares down at the streets below—people are already walking around despite the early hour. Cars zoom by occasionally while cyclists zip past them; some even go by foot, using the sidewalks instead of riding their bicycles. Overall, it's a peaceful day in Odaiba.

Sniffing the air once, the girl once again stretches her limbs with a loud yawn, feeling every one of her joints pop and crackle while doing so. Once finished, she looks down at the streets again before looking up at the sky—the early hours of dawn have cast an orange hue over the dark blue expanse above. A few stars can still be seen twinkling away while the sun itself is nowhere to be found, just like a child hiding behind its parent's shadow.

She breathes in deeply as she takes in the sight in front of her, letting out a sigh afterward. A small smile stretches on her lips as she gazes at the horizon; a soft hum escapes from her lips as she closes her eyes and starts singing softly to herself.

か弱きチカラ でもキミが

加われば 動かせる未来

愛や痛みは 違っても

みんな生きてる 同じ時代に

勇気の絆 感じて

She lets the last note ring out for a moment before opening her eyes once again, letting out another sigh as she does so. She gazes up at the sky again, where it is still dark and cloudy, but a faint ray of light can be seen breaking through the clouds, illuminating everything in sight. A cold breeze blows by, causing her hair to flow gently in the wind, and a slight shiver runs down her spine. Shaking her head lightly, she pulls herself away from the railing and is about to retreat back into the warmth of her room, where her eyes flicker to her left neighbor's balcony—their lights are still off and the pink curtains are still closed.

"Ayu is still asleep, huh?" She hummed pleasantly; her voice is still a bit groggy from waking up too early, "Well, can't really blame her. She was working too hard yesterday."

She chuckles fondly at her childhood and best friend's antics. The girl has always been very hardworking and responsible in her own way, which is an admirable trait that she cannot help but adore. However, Ayu has also been prone to overworking herself when things get overwhelming or stressful. It doesn't help that she tends to bottle everything up and keeps a smile on her face when she's suffering—which is why she's always been so worried about her ever since they were little kids. But as time passes, Ayu has gotten better at coping with stress and dealing with her problems head-on, which she couldn't be prouder of.

As she gazes at her neighbor's balcony one last time, she turns around and walks back inside her bedroom. The girl lets out another yawn as she steps into her room and slides the glass doors shut behind her; her eyelids are drooping slightly. She trudges back towards her bed and climbs on top of it before laying down flat on her back while staring up at the ceiling above her; her mind wanders off.

"Hmhm~♪" She hummed absentmindedly as she stared at the ceiling for a long while, her fingers twitching slightly, "Guess I'll continue with Karin-san's song for her next performance later in the afternoon."

And with that thought in mind, she closes her eyes and drifts off into another dreamland, uncaring that today is Tuesday and she has school.

But before the sand of dreams can take over her mind completely, one image appears within it: A green star shot across the night sky.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

96.1K 1.4K 27
Izuku Midoriya is a boy that has gone through hell and back. He was bullied for not having a quirk all through middle school by his "best friend" Kat...
266K 6.6K 46
⚠️Includes⚠️: Depression, selfharming, boyxboy, suicide attempt, ed (sort of), panic attacks Disclaimer: None of the photos I used belong to me in a...
12.6K 259 13
Izuku Midoriya, the middle school student, disappears mysteriously. It is most likely a suicide, as a note and a blood stain are found by the school...
47.8K 1.3K 20
Take me instead!" "What did you just say kid?" "I said take me instead." Shigaraki though for a second then smiled. "As you wish." Izuku midoryia al...