The spiritual body is a husky

By Demens88

Summary too long, read it in first chapter. NOT MINE MTL (no editing) NO VOTING http://www.fuxsb.com/qihuan/2... More

Summary + Chapter 1-4
Chapter 5-8
Chapter 9-12
Chapter 13-16
Chapter 17-20
Chapter 21-24
Chapter 25-28
Chapter 29-32
Chapter 33-36
Chapter 37-40
Chapter 41-44
Chapter 45-48
Chapter 49-52
Chapter 53-56
Chapter 57-60
Chapter 61-64
Chapter 65-68
Chapter 69-72
Chapter 73-76
Chapter 77-80
Chapter 81-84
Chapter 85-88
Chapter 89-92
Chapter 93-96
Chapter 97-100
Chapter 101-104
Chapter 105-108
Chapter 109-112
Chapter 113-116
Chapter 117-120
Chapter 121-124
Chapter 125-128
Chapter 129-132
Chapter 133-136
Chapter 137-140
Chapter 141-144
Chapter 145-148
Chapter 149-152
Chapter 153-156
Chapter 157-160
Chapter 161-164
Chapter 165-168
Chapter 169-172
Chapter 173-176
Chapter 177-180
Chapter 181-184
Chapter 185-188
Chapter 189-192
Chapter 193-196
Chapter 197-200
Chapter 201-204
Chapter 205-208
Chapter 209-212
Chapter 213-216
Chapter 217-220
Chapter 221-224
Chapter 225-228
Chapter 229-232
Chapter 233-236
Chapter 241-244
Chapter 245-248
Chapter 249-252
Chapter 253-256
Chapter 257-260
Chapter 261-264

Chapter 237-240

34 0 0
By Demens88

He thought wrong. He originally thought that even if the base had an underground building part, the above-ground part would not be completely idle and would be used to cultivate some unimportant experimental subjects.

  When he really saw the tip of the iceberg of the above-ground buildings, he realized why he couldn't see the various weapons and mechanisms used to attack the enemy outside before, because the entire above-ground building was just a big weapon.

  Under the dazzling light, there is only one path leading to the unknown, surrounded by huge and slowly rotating gears. Lu Xing had excellent eyesight and could clearly see the energy box embedded in the center that drove the huge gear to rotate in the distance.

  Judging from the energy fluctuations, they are all top-quality energy cores produced by the most advanced energy masters, and there are not just one such energy core, but densely packed into thousands.

  It is conceivable that the supply energy contained in the gears driven by so many energy cores at the same time will not be worse than the attack power of the SSS-level mutant.

  Lu Xing was very lucky. After they didn't know the exact address, they immediately encircled and suppressed them. If such a large weapon were to be attacked rashly, they would be the only ones to die.

  Exhaling slowly, Lu Xing continued to observe this huge set of weapons without leaving any trace. The guide who caught up at some point introduced meaningfully: "This is the defense system of our base. As long as it is there, even if you send troops to rescue, there will be no return."

  When the guide said this, he stared directly at Ruan Sui, as if he wanted to see Ruan Sui's disappointed expression, but Ruan Sui disappointed him.

  Ruan Sui just glanced at him lightly: "Lead the way, I'm very tired."

  The guide held his breath and was about to say something else when he remembered Wu Jin's previous instructions and stared at Ruan Sui sadly for a while before continuing to lead the way.

  After passing through the long passage, the front became dim, and the flat road turned into a downward staircase.

  Everyone followed the guide down in silence until they stopped in front of a huge elevator. The guide stopped and his attitude returned to his original respect.

  "Colonel Ruan Sui, please, I can only send you here. After the elevator door opens, all the areas you see are your territory. We have three opportunities to go out for fun every day, but you can always. This The elevator has already entered your biometric information, and you can take the elevator whenever you want to go out."

  Ruan Sui nodded and was about to get on the elevator when he heard the guide speak again: "Although I think you won't listen and the boss also said that you can move around freely, I still want to advise you not to come and go at will in the middle of the night."

  Ruan Sui ignored him, glanced at Lu Xing and said calmly: "Let's go."

  Lu Xing pretended to be silent and followed him into the elevator. The moment the elevators slowly closed, Lu Xing saw other people boarding different elevators in groups, while the guide walked leisurely towards the way he came.

  Lu Xing didn't speak to Ruan Sui in the elevator. He kept a certain distance from Ruan Sui and secretly counted the seconds as the elevator shook slightly. When the count reached 30, the elevator stopped, the elevator door opened, and a luxurious room that seemed to be covered by a transparent glass cover appeared in front of the two of them.

  Lu Xing and Ruan Sui were startled at the same time. They were a little confused about Wu Jin's taste. This room was luxurious at best, and it was just like the luxurious rooms in high-end love hotels where couples like to go.

  The huge bathtub behind the transparent glass is facing the large round bed with a curtain. Under the leather sofa with ambiguous and bright colors is a soft plush carpet. The curvature of the coffee table is rounded, and the plates with fruits are inlaid on it. Yes, it seems that no matter how hard you try, you won't break the plate.

  In addition, the roses used for decoration everywhere, the blurred lights, the gauze pajamas hanging on the transparent bathroom racks and the weird-shaped chairs all tell that something is really wrong with this room.

  Ruan Sui was a little speechless. He didn't know why Wu Jin put him in this room that was full of ambiguity. If it weren't for the wrong time, Ruan Sui certainly wouldn't mind playing something special with his big dog.

  "Maybe that's not what Wu Jin meant." Lu Xing's voice was very low and his lips barely moved. He was afraid that there were surveillance cameras around him.

  Ruan Sui heard this and understood what Lu Xing meant. He nodded slightly, smiled, and walked out.

  They come, the security. It's just a place to stay and rest anyway, so what if it's a little weird?

  Lu Xing followed Ruan Sui. As the two stepped out of the elevator, the door to the room covered by a glass cover opened. As the two entered, it closed automatically, and the glass cover changed from two-way glass to one-way glass.

  Ruan Sui raised his eyebrows: "It's quite considerate."

  Lu Xing was also speechless. He didn't understand why a research institute could have such a... special room and be so considerate.

  However, now is not the time to pursue such matters. The two of them looked around in the huge room. Finally, there is a bedside rendezvous.

  Lu Xing shook his head first, and then Ruan Sui said softly: "I didn't notice it either. It seems that there is no surveillance in this room."

  "Well, I just don't understand. Why is Wu Jin so relieved? Not only does he allow you to come and go as he pleases, but he also never monitors you. Even if he believes it, I don't think everyone else will believe it, unless -"

  "Unless Wu Jin's authority makes no one dare to resist, or they can be sure that we can't do anything at all?" Ruan Sui answered.

  Lu Xing: "What is that?"

  The two of them were lost in thought at the same time. After a moment, they looked up, their eyes met, and they said in unison: "Mallory."

  That's right, it's Mallory. This is why Mallory appeared in the imperial capital. It turns out that Mallory didn't act privately and went to the imperial capital on his own initiative as Kent said. Instead, Mallory was sent by Wu Jin with the purpose of following him.

  So what method did Mallory use to make them unable to do anything?

  Moreover, they didn't feel anything strange about them.

  Lu Xing frowned and kept searching for information related to Mallory in his mind. As a result, nothing was found.

  Seeing this, Ruan Sui stretched out his hand to smooth Lu Xing's missing wrinkles and said softly: "Don't think about it. If something is wrong, we will find out sooner or later. Resurrecting Ruan Qing is not something that happens overnight. As long as I, Ruan Qing, are not resurrected, Wu Jin They won't do anything to me, and we will know what's going on sooner or later."

  Lu Xing rubbed Ruan Sui's palm like a big dog and said obediently, "I'll ask Uncle Huai what they should know when I get a chance."

  Ruan Sui nodded. After looking around for a week, he pointed to the transparent bathroom and said, "Let's wash up and take a rest first. It seems that our guess was right. Ruan Qing is not at the base."

  "Yes." Lu Xing agreed obediently, looking at the large bathtub in the transparent bathroom with a slightly unnatural expression on his face.

  Ruan Sui saw all Lu Xing's expressions, and suddenly wanted to tease his puppy. He stretched out a finger to lift Lu Xing's chin, leaned close to him and said, "Do you want to wash it together?"

  Lu Xing: "............"

  "Hahaha," Ruan Sui laughed wantonly, touched a face that was completely different from Lu Xing's, and muttered, "Bathing in front of this face makes me feel like I'm cheating."

  Lu Xing: "...Instructor, don't tease me."

  Ruan Sui looked relaxed and continued teasing: "Then, do you want to take a bath together?"

  "Instructor!" Lu Xing growled, carrying Ruan Sui on his shoulders and walking toward the bathroom. Ruan Sui was held on Lu Xing's shoulders with peace of mind, but his eyes were looking at the elevator outside the glass cover, and he had a plan in his mind.

  the other side.

  The battle to defend the Imperial Capital has entered its final stages. The smell of flesh being burned by weapons permeates every street of the Imperial Capital. Among the ruins of smoke, dust and fire, stumps and broken arms can be seen everywhere.

  In the distance, several huge heavily armored mechas and several huge mutants were fighting together. No one has ever seen those mutants. They are experimental subjects that came out of the laboratory and are very difficult to deal with.

  However, no matter how difficult it was, it was now meat on the chopping block, because with the presence of Laura's mysterious force that even Wu Jin didn't know about, they regained control of the imperial capital as quickly as possible.

  Xuan Changming sat in the military control room and issued orders in an orderly manner, and a large number of troops from other bases headed towards the JR Research Institute base.

  One day later, the war finally ended on the big screen. Xuan Changming stood up and said to the person beside him: "Old Huang, I have asked you to take charge of the Imperial Capital. It's time for my old bones to move."

  Mayor Huang, who already knew everything, nodded solemnly: "Lao Xuan, go ahead and bring him back. Our people can only be judged by ourselves."

  At the same time, in a warmly decorated room, the silver-haired Wu Jin walked to the bedside holding a bright bouquet. On the bed was a very gentle-looking person.

  He put the bouquet in his hand into the vase on the bedside table, and then said slowly in an extremely gentle voice: "Xiao Qing, I'm here to see you. Xiao Shui is here, you should want to see him, although he is not yours A great-grandson, but he really looks like you. Can I take you to meet him? "

  [The author has something to say]

  Today, the author went to the hospital for a heart check-up. He still has an old problem, myocarditis after having an erection. I came back late and didn't feel very well, so I didn't write much. If the condition is good tomorrow (9.10), I will update more. Sorry, I broke my promise.

Chapter 157 The paranoid and selfish Ruan Sui

  JR Research Institute headquarters base, luxurious room below.

  The pink | red curtain covered the beautiful scenery on the round bed, and the sound of heavy breathing playfully flowed out from the gaps in the curtain. It took a long time for the room to return to calm.

  Ruan Sui's upper body was lying on Lu Xing's body, and he calmed down his rapid breathing. Lu Xing's fingers went through Ruan Sui's wet hair, and finally landed on Ruan Sui's bare back, patting her rhythmically to help Ruan Sui. Relieve shortness of breath caused by excessive fatigue.

  After a long while, Ruan Sui smiled and said to Lu Xing in a lazy and magnetic voice: "It seems that Ruan Qing is really not at the base, otherwise Wu Jin would not have given us time to act so recklessly."

  Lu Xing patted Ruan Sui's hand lightly, with a look of annoyance on his face. How could he do such a thing to the instructor in such an environment? He was worse than a beast, his lust made him blind, and he completely lost his sense of proportion.

  Now that the environment is full of dangers, how could he be teased by the instructor and unable to suppress the most primitive desires deep in his heart? This is a taboo in war!

  He had been at ease for too long and had lost the vigilance he had honed in his previous life.

  The more he thought about it, the more he blamed himself. Lu Xing hugged the person around him with his hands and whispered: "Instructor, I'm sorry."

  Lu Xing's voice was very small, hoarse from lack of water due to guilt and the strenuous labor just now. It fell on Ruan Sui's ears like a small brush, making him feel itchy in his heart. Unable to hold back, he raised his head and kissed Lu Lines of soft lips differ from cold contours.

  Ruan Sui nibbled Lu Xing's lips gently, making them redder, and hummed softly: "Why do you say sorry? You have always been very calm, and you never thought about why I teased you a little, you Just took the bait?"

  Lu Xing blinked his black and white eyes, and the fluffy dog ​​ears on his head were swinging from side to side because he couldn't control them. It was a sign of physical and mental happiness.

  In other words, Lu Xing had never doubted him or suspected that his loss of control today was related to Ruan Sui, who he was holding.

  Ruan Sui naturally discovered this and secretly said that it was indeed the case. His big dog believed in him unconditionally no matter what time or what happened.

  Even though his Lu Xing was so abnormally out of control, he never thought it was because of him. Instead, he tried to find the cause within himself.

  This realization made Ruan Sui's heart become softer and he did not want Lu Xing to come into contact with the egg of the mutant emperor, which might be a great threat to him.

  Indeed, what Lu Xing said made sense. As long as they completely eliminated Ruan Qing before Wu Jin made a move, they could kill the egg of the mutant emperor that was almost fused with Ruan Qing and nip all disasters in the cradle.

  But Ruan Sui knew that it was not easy to get such a perfect ending. The perfect ending was the most difficult to achieve among all possibilities.

  Wu Jin also has memories of his previous life, and his protection for Ruan Qing will only be stronger than in the previous life. There is also Mallory, who also has the memory of his previous life, who deceived everyone in his previous life, and may be the real boss behind the scenes. It is extremely difficult to achieve such a perfect ending.

  In Ruan Sui's plan, he would most likely resuscitate Ruan Qing, and then fuse the mutant emperor, who was almost fused with Ruan Qing, into his own body.

  In this way, Wu Jin, who is obsessed with Ruan Qing, will take the initiative to lift the JR Research Institute's defense under Ruan Qing's persuasion and become their biggest internal agent.

  Only Wu Jin, who is in the same camp as them, can greatly restrain Mallory, who has an unknown position and unknown strength, and increase their chances of making a comeback and achieving a relatively perfect ending.

  Only in this way can they truly end this 'farce' that spans half the world at the minimum cost.

  In this plan, all he had to do was sacrifice Ruan Sui. This was a plan that was sure to make a profit without losing any money.

  In Ruan Sui's plan, the best outcome is for Lu Xing to live in seclusion with him, and Lu Xing helps him restrain the invasion of his sanity by the mutant emperor.

  Then, when he couldn't control himself, he killed him with his own hands.

  But he will not really die. He will remain in the Red Lotus system as spiritual energy, continue to fight side by side with Lu Xing, and watch Lu Xing truly integrate into this world and become a hero of this world.

  But Ruan Sui also understood that in his plan, everyone was a beneficiary, including himself.

  In the plan, he used his own abilities to revive his great-grandfather, which was considered as repayment for Wu Jin's care of his Ruan family for so many years. He stopped this farce and solved the biggest threat to mankind, the mutant emperor. After that, I can still stay with Lu Xing, in every sense of the word.

  So, he is the beneficiary.

  And the only victim in his plan is the person he loves most - Lu Xing.

  Lu Xing might have to watch with his own eyes, like in his previous life, become neither human nor ghost after merging with the mutant, and then fall into the abyss where he would finally kill him with his own hands.

  Even if they can stay together with him using the Red Lotus System in the end, no one can ignore the grief of killing his lover with his own hands.

  Ruan Sui knew that if it came to that point, the most likely thing Lu Xing would do was to find a way to peel the mutant emperor out of his body. But what Lu Xing didn't know was that without the consent of him, the fusion person, Lu Xing would It is impossible to succeed as a stripper.

  This was what Mallory sent to Lu Xing's communicator during the time when he disappeared.

  Ruan Sui knew that Mallory was telling him that Lu Xing had gone behind his back to find the method for him to peel off the mutant emperor. After forcing him to keep Lu Xing, he could not be bewitched by Lu Xing, and finally killed Lu Xing.

  Ruan Sui believed that Mallory was sincere about Lu Xing's safety. He would not allow anything to happen to Lu Xing. He regarded Lu Xing as his own property.

  But Mallory underestimated Ruan Sui too much. When it came to Lu Xing's safety, he would only be more sincere. Even if he didn't know the stripping method, he would not agree to Lu Xing's use of this method.

  Because Ruan Sui has never been a gentle person in the eyes of outsiders. He is a completely selfish person.

  He would not allow anyone to harm Lu Xing, not even himself, not even accidentally. Even though this was not what Lu Xing wanted, it was the result he wanted.

  Ruan Sui has always been a paranoid person. No one noticed this except Ruili, who was relatively simple-minded.

  "It's no wonder you want to get close to Ruan Sui. He just likes to coax you inexperienced children with a gentle skin."

  This is what Ruili said to Lu Xing on the aircraft picking up the new students.

  Ruili was right, he was such a person.

  Therefore, if it really comes to that point, he can only feel sorry for Lu Xing. However, he will try his best to make up for Lu Xing in the future. Lu Xing loves him so much that he will definitely forgive him.

  But before that, Lu Xing was probably going to suffer a little.

  Paranoid, selfish, and possibly dirty thoughts flashed through Ruan Sui's mind, but the eyes he looked at Lu Xing were more gentle and caring. Lu Xing was unconsciously attracted to Ruan Sui like this again, and his reason was once again broken and Ruan Sui pulled him into the whirlpool of desire.

  *

  JR base, due north, 300 kilometers away.

  A very ordinary aircraft quickly shuttled through the clouds, but what was extraordinary was that there were actually several mutant green eagles above S level and close to SS level hovering around this aircraft.

  These green eagles did not attack the aircraft, but protected the aircraft airtightly. If someone could see these green eagles at this time, they would be able to see the attachment, loyalty, and obedience to the aircraft from the sharp eyes of the green eagles.

  You must know that even the emperor of mutants will not make other high-level mutants have such strong obedience in the egg state.

  This is a potential that almost never appears in mutants, but now it has completely appeared in these green eagles, which is weird and makes people's scalp numb.

  The furnishings inside an ordinary aircraft are not ordinary. On the contrary, it is very warm and comfortable.

  Wu Jin was sitting beside the comfortable big bed, holding a book in his hand and reading in a gentle voice, as if the person with eyes closed on the bed would open his glazed eyes at any time as he read.

  At this time, Wu Jin's appearance was no longer as old as before. He actually looked much younger. The wrinkles on his face disappeared, and his eyes changed from cloudy to bright. If it weren't for his silver hair, it would be impossible to tell that Wu Jin was once an old man over a hundred years old.

  Compared with Ruan Qing, who was sleeping with his eyes closed on the bed, Wu Jin was now a better match.

  In today's world, the average age of human beings is 200 years old. Except for people like Xuan Changming who have undergone sudden changes, they will hardly grow too old before the age of eighty. But he won't be as young as Wu Jin is now.

  After Wu Jin finished reading this chapter, he closed the book, touched his face, looked at Ruan Qing on the bed intently, and said warmly: "I look like you now, you won't know when you open your eyes You don't recognize me."

  "There are many different places in the world now than before you fell asleep. When you wake up, we have solved the threat of the Mutant King. I will show you around. You should like it. You used to like to go around so much See, because I'm tied to that position, I won't be again."

  The person on the bed didn't respond, lying quietly on the bed with a smile on his lips.

  His pillow seems a bit high, is creamy yellow, and looks very warm. The headboard of the bed is also the same color as the pillows, and even the entire bed is the same color. It feels natural and warm, very comfortable, smooth and soft.

 Wu Jin adjusted the collar of the person on the bed's pajamas, leaned over and kissed the person on the forehead, then stood up and walked out of the room.

  As soon as he went out, a man came up to him and handed a document to Wu Jin.

  Wu Jin didn't answer. He sat on the sofa in the living room, looked at the person in front of him, and said calmly: "Wu Qing, I'll listen to you."

  Wu Qing immediately and respectfully reported the contents of the document in his hand:

  "Xuan Changming has regained control of the imperial capital, and Rudolf is under control. I also asked my clone to find opportunities for Xuan Changming to see the things you gave me. I believe Xuan Changming will eventually hand over those things. Into the hands of Experimental Subject No. ZY-434."

  Wu Jin nodded: "Destroy your clone according to the original plan, and then send someone to follow Xuan Changming's people. I want to know the specific hiding location of Experiment 434, but -"

  Wu Jin suddenly sneered, and his youthful face regained its former kindness. Instead of the former kindness, only the fierceness that had been on the battlefield remained, which made Wu Qing suddenly break out in cold sweat.

  "president......"

  Wu Jin raised his eyes, a cold light flowed from his eyes, and uttered the following words word by word: "However, based on No. 434's feelings for little... Ruan Sui, there is a high probability that he already exists around Ruan Sui, but who is he? , I'm not sure yet."

  Wu Qing pressed down on his racing heart and spoke tentatively: "Is he the guard that Ruan Sui took with him?"

  [The author has something to say]

  I will update the first and second updates as quickly as possible. If you can't see it tomorrow morning, you will see 6,000 chapters tomorrow night.

  The author found that illness really affects the state of the body. The thing beating in your chest hurts from time to time. Then, the author is still taking injections, and there is not enough time.

Chapter 158 Calculation

  "Are you talking about the genes of the Mutated Emperor?" Albert's voice rose unconsciously, and the tail end was high-pitched and shaky, which sounded a bit harsh.

  Opposite him, he was sitting on the office chair with his hands folded on his chin, his eyes unfocused, as if he was lost in his own thoughts as if he hadn't heard.

  Albert didn't dare to disturb his thoughts. This time he went to the imperial capital to 'rescue' Mallory, who didn't need to be rescued at all, made him understand a truth.

  That is, in this institute, he is only the most insignificant and easily expendable role, and only I gave him the opportunity to see clearly and extended an olive branch to him.

  Therefore, he came to Yu's office immediately and told Yu about the imperial capital, the luxurious aircraft and everything that happened in front of the base gate.

  Time goes back to after Ruan Sui entered the base.

  As soon as Albert returned to the base, he found that he had not followed him to greet Ruan Sui.

  Zi Yu seemed to have some privileges with Wu Jin. These privileges allowed Zi Yu to disobey the biggest boss's orders when it was innocuous.

  For example - the collective welcome to Ruan Sui.

  After that, I sat quietly in my office, looking at the simulated scenery outside the window and not knowing what I was thinking.

  It was a pure white land covered with snow. Between the glistening white snow, there seemed to be no clear boundaries between heaven and earth. However, in such a pure white world that should have no warmth, there is only a little firefly that is extinguishing in the heavy snow and the strong wind, but still stays on tenaciously in the end.

  At the same time, he seemed to be curious about why this firefly was so tenacious. It was so tenacious that it firmly attracted his attention, and he couldn't help but reach out to touch it and feel the temperature of this firefly.

  When Albert pushed the door open and came in, what he saw was that he moved toward the simulated bonfire outside the window as if he was possessed, and couldn't help but make a sound of surprise.

  After being awakened by the sound and immersed in his own world, he turned his seat, turned around and met Albert's surprised eyes, and a standard template smile appeared at the corner of his mouth.

  "Albert, you are back, welcome back."

  I don't know why, when Albert saw this smile, what he felt was not the perfunctory treatment given to him, but a kind of fear from the heart.

  This kind of fear is very unreasonable. Albert has experienced great storms. Even the wily Mallory can't give him this feeling. In other words, no one he has come into contact with before has given him this feeling.

  But today, he actually felt the long-lost fear in his body that he had always had a good impression of, and the other party just gave him a smile that could be called a template.

  This discovery made Albert's throat tighten, and he couldn't help but swallow back the words he wanted to blurt out. It took him a while to find his voice under the curious eyes.

  "Mr. Yu, what were you doing just now?"

  The smile that seemed to be engraved on his face slowly widened. He stood up slightly and walked to Albert. He looked down at Albert, who was half a head shorter than him: "Oh? What did you see?"

  "Did you see that I wanted to touch the flame that was about to go out? I don't understand why I was so interested in a virtual flame."

  Yu's voice is actually very high-pitched, a silky baritone, neither fast nor slow, with a strange but pleasant charm, which is a pleasure to the ears of those who hear him speak.

  But Albert didn't realize this kind of enjoyment at all. He swallowed and had no words to answer.

  He didn't care at all, turned around and walked back to the large desk, sat on the comfortable office chair again, looked at Albert who was standing in front of him and was frightened by him, and smiled carelessly.

  "Do you understand why I sent you to pick up Mallory this time? You can come to me as soon as possible when you come back. It seems that your misunderstanding of me has been resolved and you have decided to accept my olive branch, right?"

  This time Albert didn't hesitate anymore and gritted his teeth and answered: "Yes."

  After that, he nodded clearly, looked at Albert who was hesitant to speak, and smiled: "You seem to have something else you want to ask me, so go ahead and ask. After answering your questions, I hope we can cooperate sincerely."

  Albert gritted his teeth and asked the first question: "Who are you loyal to?"

  At the same time, he seemed not to have expected that Albert would ask such a boring question in his opinion. He sighed and answered Albert mercifully:

  "I am loyal to no one. If you are loyal to others, you will always be regarded as an outcast by others. I thought you should understand after this experience of almost being left in the imperial capital."

  "I understand, but I want to know whether I will be abandoned by you or your boss again. You just told me that you are sincerely cooperating, which proves that you don't need my loyalty to you, so will you betray me? ."

  Albert's tone was a little stiff, but he was not angry. Instead, he nodded in agreement, and then shook his head as if he thought of something: "You are overthinking. Do you have anything worth betraying me?"

  "Then why did you extend an olive branch to me?"

  Albert is engaged in scientific research, and his IQ can be said to be very high. He hit the point directly. As he stared closely, even the fear that had caused him before was faintly dissipated.

  After all, he was just trying to survive and not become a victim of the power struggle.

  Bang bang bang, applause rang out in the empty office. He said with a smile: "Not bad, not bad, you can see the key points directly."

  He raised his head slightly and said in a casual tone: "I chose you because you still have a clear conscience."

  Albert didn't expect to hear this ridiculous reason, and frowned: "What else are you going to say?"

  "Say that your conscience is still intact." He raised his eyes and looked at the wrinkles between Albert's brows that could trap a fly in a funny way, and said comfortingly, "Relax, I didn't lie to you."

  After saying this, he looked again at the extinguishing fireflies in the simulated environment outside the window, and suddenly added a very unrelated sentence: "I want to see if this firefly can start a prairie fire this time. "

  "A prairie fire?"

  "Yes," I turned my attention to Albert again, showing a very sincere smile that Albert had never seen before, "Start a prairie fire."

  "Don't you think that our big boss is heading for destruction now? Do you think the firefly that destroys him will be the treasure he protects, or the treasure he wants to destroy?"

  Albert didn't answer.

  To be honest, he didn't quite understand what was going on. But he was not stupid. What he saw in the Imperial Capital, what he saw on the luxurious aircraft, and the news that came from the Imperial Capital from time to time, all gave him a vague but accurate idea of ​​what the big boss wanted to do.

  However, after knowing this, Albert's first reaction was - can it succeed?

  After success, will they still be able to experiment as freely as now?

  I'm afraid I can't. Not only can't I do it, but I'm also likely to lose my life, for someone who has been dead for decades and whose bones should have been rotten.

  Therefore, after Albert understood the purpose of sending him to pick up Mallory in the imperial capital, he also wanted him to see everyone's madness with his own eyes and then come to him for cooperation.

  It's just that he didn't understand why Yu chose him at the time, and after asking, the answer he got couldn't convince him to believe Yu.

 Taking a deep breath, Albert did not answer the remaining questions and brought the topic back to the previous topic: "Why did you choose me."

  When he saw that he was about to speak, Albert sneered: "Don't use your conscience to deal with me, I want to listen to the truth."

  He raised his eyebrows, thought for a moment and said, "If you don't accept this statement, then I'll say it to him instead."

  He looked at Albert with sincerity in his eyes: "That's why I think Wu Jin will not succeed. He has ignored a very important point. If he loses, the whole world will suffer. Of course, I am not the kind of person who is compassionate. My character, other people's disasters have nothing to do with me."

  "But this disaster is related to me. If a disaster occurs, those of us who have hurt it will be the first to bear the brunt of the disaster. If I want to live well, I have to find people like me and stop it together. And I choose you because Because you are the most similar to me."

  "Retaining some of the bottom line of being a human being, fearing death and longing for peace, but not willing to settle for ordinary."

  After the words fell, the office fell into silence.

  After a long time, a chuckle broke the calm, and Albert said: "If you don't want to say it, just forget it. Tell me what you plan to do next."

  Albert didn't believe it.

  Besides being Wu Jin's confidant, he knew what Wu Jin wanted to do earlier than anyone else. He did not stop Wu Jin at that time, but even paved the way for Wu Jin. Even Experiment 434 was inspired by him to finally appear.

  Why didn't he think at that time that Wu Jin's failure would make him the first to face the disaster?

  But Albert suddenly didn't care anymore, because although he didn't tell the truth, he didn't tell lies either. He just wants to live well and is not crazy. I believe that at this point, their goals should be the same.

  Since he asked twice in a row and didn't want to say anything else, he stopped asking. How could people like them not have any secrets or ulterior past events?

  Seeing that Albert seemed to be convinced by him, he didn't give in and said directly: "Tell me about your experiences along the way. From your perspective, I want to see if I can discover something that I haven't discovered before."

  Albert nodded, sat on the sofa, picked up a bottle of water on the coffee table and poured it all into his mouth, and then said quietly: "I found that Leopold Leopold and Charles had a lot of affection for Mallory. Strong obedience, or Charles trusts Mallory. And-"

  "And what?" His back straightened unconsciously, and he felt as if he was about to touch the truth.

  "Furthermore, I seem to have discovered why Mallory and I can't breed the same experimental subject as No. 434. It's because the most important gene was swapped."

  "How did you find out?"

  Albert's eyes were deep and his tone was slightly low: "I actually have no evidence. It's just that when I was on the luxury aircraft, I saw someone who made me very confused."

  "Confuse?"

  "Well." Albert said, "That person is your subordinate, and the Huai Xing Chain is yours."

  I nodded: "He is another partner."

  "He brought that person in personally. He was actually very ordinary. But I just felt it was against the law, so I secretly followed that person."

  "Didn't he notice you?"

  Albert looked up at Zhi Zhi who was sitting on a comfortable office chair: "You have your secrets, and so do I."

  "Okay, I won't ask anymore, you go on."

  Albert: "I saw the wings of a king butterfly flashing behind that man!"

  Albert spoke faster: "I know that because of the characteristics of the monarch butterfly, our research institute has conducted numerous experiments on grafting the monarch butterfly gene onto human genes, and many of them have been successful, including the one on the aircraft that is said to be of your genus. My escort. But—"

  "But no one's wings can be that complete, as complete as a king butterfly evolving into a human."

  "Are you sure you saw clearly?" I frowned. He didn't have such talent under his command.

  Albert hesitated for a moment. In fact, he just saw a flash of a shadow, and then he was almost discovered, but the guard's knock on the door later saved him.

  Because of this incident, Mallory placed him under house arrest, and he didn't even struggle because he wanted an absolutely quiet environment to figure out what was going on.

  Therefore, he came to a conclusion in the past two days - the guard was not Yu's person at all, but another person who had replaced Yu's subordinates and boarded the aircraft with an honest identity.

  And this person is probably the experimental subject No. 434 that they have always longed for. After all, in his impression, if other experimental subjects except No. 434 have such wings, he will definitely not know about it.

  The researcher who cultivated this experimental subject will definitely cultivate it on a large scale.

  So, why is No. 434 so different?

  Albert fell into deep thought, and finally he boldly came to the conclusion that the monarch butterfly gene in Lu Xing was not the same as the basic sample left in the laboratory, so they could never succeed.

  Moreover, the monarch butterfly genes in Experimental Subject No. 434 are very special, so special that even after they become adults, they cannot even be successfully cloned.

  Taking a deep breath, Albert pulled his thoughts out of his contemplation and said slowly: "I'm sure."

  "Oh?" The smile on the corner of his mouth deepened, "That's interesting. Wu Jin was really willing and well calculated. He actually put the genes of the king butterfly into body No. 434. This is too many evil things. See The old lover is really about to wake up and decide to clear her name."

  "It's a pity that you can never be clean."

  Interestingly, his plan has a greater chance of success.

  *

  The timeline was pulled back to the present, and Albert's heart felt as if he was on fire as he looked at him deep in thought. I wanted to ask several times, but then I shut my mouth.

  The momentum of the confrontation with Yu just now deflated like a deflated rubber ball.

  It took a while before Albert looked up and looked up, with a light in his eyes that Albert couldn't understand.

  While watching, Albert slowly stood up, walked to him, leaned close to his ear, and said to him in the voice of only two people: "Look for that guard and get his blood. As long as you can succeed, I will I will send you to your safest place and give you a laboratory where you can conduct any experiments you want."

  Albert's eyes flashed. He nodded, turned around and left without asking what he wanted to do.

  After Albert exited, he turned to look at the bookcase on the other side of the office and said calmly: "You have heard it. Now you know that I didn't lie to you. What about your decision? Mr. Huai Xinghuo?"

  What answered him was a sonorous and powerful voice: "I stick to my decision. My son Lu Xing is not a monster. You can't even think of taking advantage of him."

  Huai Xinghuo rushed out of the bookcase and put the dagger on Yu's neck: "I didn't kill you before, just to make sure your guess was true or false, and I know I can't kill you. But I, you remember, if you It's really not good for Lu Xing. Although I can't kill you, I can still make it difficult for you."

  I raised my eyebrows: "Don't worry, I said, I stand with you. We don't want the mutant emperor to really wake up. No matter what my final goal is, at this point, our goal There is consensus and cooperation can be achieved."

  Huai Xinghuo snorted coldly, but did not refute. He put down the dagger and stepped in front of Yu: "Remember what you said, I will come to you tonight, and the real protagonist tonight will come."

  I nodded and obeyed: "Don't worry, I will keep an eye on Wu Jin and make the plan go smoothly."

  "Mallory." Huai Xinghuo reminded him expressionlessly.

  After that, he followed the good advice: "Yes, there is Mallory."

  Huai Xinghuo gave the smiling Yu Zhi one last cold look and walked out of Yu's office.

  After Huai Xinghuo left, he wandered around and changed the scene of the simulated scenery outside his window. On a field of fiery red flowers on the other side, there were a group of beautiful butterflies dancing on the flowers on the other side.

  One of the butterflies was different from the rest. It was bigger, more beautiful, with wider wings and shining like a star.

  The 'Star Butterfly' landed on the largest Bana flower. Instead of collecting pollen, it kissed the flower.

  "Hahaha, that's great. Wu Jin has inadvertently created one of the greatest works. Unfortunately, he doesn't know how to appreciate it, so I can only appreciate it. By the way, there is also Mallory who is in the way... "

  *

  The other murmurs could not reach the ears of those who cared about Lu Xing, nor could they reach the ears of Xuan Changming who had just set off from the imperial capital.

  After Xuan Changming regained control of the imperial capital, he used his own blood to help people who were parasitized by the yellow locust thorn vine to eliminate the parasitism, leaving Rudolf with no conditions that could restrain him.

  Xuan Changming's blood had this effect, and it also relied on the scale powder on Lu Xing's wings. Xuan Changming was seriously injured before, and it was Ruan Yuqi who used the scale powder on Lu Xing's wings to heal him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 105K 47
His worst enemy is his sisters otome games, which she plays 24/7 and he can never hear the end of it from her, but when he dies one day, he gets rein...
1.6M 62.8K 95
!!ORIGINAL STORY!! Chae-hee, a Korean woman who escaped her past pains by moving to America. Enjoying her life working hard in a cafe, and if she was...
1.2M 53K 83
Waking up as a non existent character, what would you do? I, who has dreamed of becoming the Villainess, suddenly became her daughter instead O_____O...
2.9M 169K 38
Lenora did not have a wonderful life. After her engagement to Prince Ronan is broken, she loses everything... her reputation, her home, and her famil...