Fated [Nyx Archeron x OC]

By par13ker

(This is a sequel to another fic of mine called Betrayed. You don't have to read it to understand, but I high... More

1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15

5

191 7 1
By par13ker

Before joining Orestes and Silas on her yearly venture to the Night Court for Solstice. Eudora stopped by home to gather her belongings.

It's a small waterfront on the same island her mother settled on years ago. When she moved out, Eudroa knew she didn't want to venture far from her parents. Loving them dearly, she proposed that instead of living in the house with them, Eudora would build her own space.

With the assistance of her father and sometimes Orestes and Silas would visit, she now called this place home.

She winnowed in front of the brown door. Breathing out a sigh of relief, she stretched her neck and her limbs knowing that the night was far ahead of her.

Eudora looked up behind her at the tall mountain where her parent's cabin was. The sun beamed bright behind it, as she blocked the harsh impact and put a hand to her forehead. Her long hair whipped in the breeze being carried by the sea as she released a sigh of relief.

Her parents weren't home.

Good. On a day like winter solstice, she typically avoids her parents.

Yes she was grown, but that didn't take away from the fact that she's grown the habit of sneaking to the Night Court for solstice every year. Eventually it became second nature to just avoid any sort of conversation or even the topic of winter solstice so her guilt doesn't form a hole in her stomach.

Once understanding that, she walked into her home, immediately struck with the smell from the breakfast she had earlier.

On the counter top of the polished kitchen was the remaining cinnamon rolls she fixed. Eudora paused on her way to the one bedroom in the house and leaned over the dish, chewing on the sweet treat.

It gave her a perfect view of the vast ocean. The waves were rather intense. As if they too were preparing for the festivities taking place in the winter and night court. She took in the sounds of the moving waters, taking in another soothing.

To think it was those very waters, she dangerously jumped into when she was a child still to this day surprises her. At the memory of almost drowning twice, she chuckled as she recalled Barachiel having to force the water to spit her back out.

Nonetheless, she tried again until she was swimming in the sea routinely.

Even now she was debating if she had time to swim before having to leave and meet Silas and Orestes in the Winter Court.

Knowing Orestes, she was already out of time.

Since the first time going to the Night Court with the brothers, Eudora became their partner. While she used to be just another person in the crowd cheering them on, she's become a feature. Sometimes playing the lyre for citizens of the Night Court.

Soon enough, word got around. While the brothers used to play with their father, he unfortunately passed due to a sickness, Eudora filled in the loss of a member to their group. Not only enhancing her relationship with the pair, but also earning a lot of buzz.

So what once was her joining on a melody or two, she became a part of the performance. Whether it be playing the lyre or humming a melody.

It became tradition. Their local spot in which they used to perform, turned into a small pub where plenty of fae gather at with an open roof to enjoy the night with their soft alluring mix.

Eudora adored the attention. Not in a condensing way. In a manner that she was so open to being exposed to new people. Never shy to accept a drink from the city's men and women. Always up for conversation.

Her arms were always open for the next person to approach and smile bright to just make her welcome that much more heartfelt.

Not being able to contain her youthful excitement, Eudora took to the bathing room to freshen up. She was in a time crunch, but that didn't stop her from taking her time in the mirror.

Working from the bottom to her roots, Eudora detangled her curly hair. It was turning a dark red as she grew older. Looking more like a burgundy than auburn. She adored it, all the way to the tip of her strands, the older hair still holding the lighter color.

She could simply cut it. Her whole life, Eudora's hair reached past her shoulders and ended at the lower part of her back. And while it's not easy to take care of, she was so used to the length that it didn't bother her.

Her mother told her it's because her hair was beautiful, but she felt there was something underlying that reason.

She never pushed. Because she knew her mother carried secrets. Webbed beneath the scars that lined her skin. It's hard not to ask sometimes, but she's gathered a story just from the marks of the scars alone.

There's no mistaking the scars that wrap her wrist.

Eudora finished her hair and left it to hang down. She looked over at herself in a taller mirror. Her deep brown skin was mildly covered from the black dress that ended mid-thigh. Sheer material wrapped around her torso and long sleeves and a v-neck left just enough for her to be comfortable but confident.

As she was grabbing her belongings, mid putting the lyre in a small bag, there was a knock on her door.

Eudora froze and poked her head out her room, scanning the living area. Then to the door, there was a small frosted window that showed a silhouette on the other side.

There are only a few people allowed on the island she calls home. And by the height of the figure Eudora knew it was her mother.

"Shit..", she cursed under her breath and stepped out of the room to answer the door. She only opened it up slightly to reveal Sage who held a deadpanned look.

"I heard that.", her mother raised an eyebrow.

"As you always do..", Eudora smiled. If she was a child, she's be reprimanded for cursing. Thankfully, she grew and so did her dictionary. At least the one she can say around her mother. "What's up?"

Sage features were soft, her white hair pulled back into two braids crowning her head. When people see the two together, they never fail to mention how similar they look. While her hair was all catered to her father, her facial features were keen to Sage.

"Kallius has invited us for dinner at the Winter Court in celebration of Solstice. Be ready in an hour..."

But then Sage narrowed her eyes seeing the dolled up look her daughter has. "Did you not just come back from training?" she asks genuinely curious.

Eudora bites her lip. This was the first time that she's had plans to overlap each other on Winter Solstice. Her mother usually doesn't celebrate and only makes a deal for Summer. Whether it be going to the Summer court of Spring.

"I did..", Eudora cleared her throat, "I actually have plans with Silas so.. I can't go."

Silas has been her scapegoat for as long as she can remember. So it came naturally.

Sage's eyes stayed in slits. Her white eyelashes covered the similar hazel eyes. Eudora was ready as Sage placed her hand on the door and pushed. Eudora pulled her lips in and tried to push back but her mother's strength, despite Eudora training since she was little, all came from the Cauldron itself.

The door swung in and Eudora rolled her eyes as her mother assayed the outfit.

Sage scoffed her voice coated in humor, "Eudora, I thought I told you to be honest with me."

"I am being honest.", she smiles.

Which was true, technically she does have plans with Silas. And Orestes. In the one place her mother never speaks of.

Sages giggles and steps in tugging on the sheer sleeves on her daughters forearms, "And what exactly are these plans with Silas?"

"Well..", Eudora grabbed the lyre from her bag, "We are performing for Solstice."

Sage nodded her head slowly, hearing her daughter's heartbeat pick up a little bit, "Uh huh..", Sage said slowly and pulled down the dress a little bit, "How about your father and I watch. It's been a while since we've seen you and the boys play."

"There's no need for that..", Eudora smiled and stepped back.

Sage just laughed, "Sweetie, everyday you come up to the house to tell me every single detail about your day. Why are you being so secretive? Are you and Silas...."

"No! No.....", Eudora says quickly. Cutting her mother's sentence short and the idea. The thought made her lips turn up. The two were brothers to her, just the thought of what her mother was insinuating made her uncomfortable. "We are-."

Sage rose her hand to stop Eudora as she was clearly starting to ramble, "You don't have to tell me."

And Eudora blew out a breath because she knew her mother meant it. Sage trusts her daughter. Only because she's earned it.

"No..", both of the women turned around to see Lucien standing on the other side of the open door. He gazed at the outfit Eudora had on. He shook his head, stepping in, "Absolutely not."

Eudora giggled and put the lyre into the bag again, Sage too laughed as Lucien wrapped an arm around her waist.

"Relax..", Sage hummed and kissed his jaw.

"That's not even a dress...", Lucien still comments as Eudora steps past them. She presses a kiss on their cheeks as her mother advocates on her behalf.

"Thank you Mother.", she whispers.

Sage reaches up and soothes a thumb on her daughter's cheek, her smile soft, "I know fae children are rare but Eudora please take a contracept-."

"Bye!!" Eudora slams the door and immediately winnows away from the island. Leaving her parents to argue on her behalf.

Despite her clear lie, she knows her parents won't seek her out. One of the many reasons she adores their relationship. And also another reason why she feels bad. She never lies. Only on the day in which she is supposed to celebrate the season and family does she have to deceive her parents.

Thankfully it is only one day out of the year.

_____________________

The pub was, as expected, crowded. The interior a bustle of fae the exterior just the same. Some fae managed to climb onto the roof and dangle their feet into the open portion of the pub and listen in as Eudora finishes the last song for the night.

Cheers span throughout the space and she giggled soaking in the praise and waves to some of the children that were brought in.

She turned to Silas and Orestes, the latter taking a drink of water. Eudora had to talk loud enough to override the fae, some drunk others leaving to take in the rest of the night of Solstice. It was cold, a sprinkle of snow lightly coating the bottom of the pub but melting on impact. A few flakes stuck to her hair as Eudora stepped over to Silas who was dazed.

His blue eyes were glazed over and intense. "You okay?", Eudora giggled and waved a hand in front of his face instantly snapping him out of the trance.

Just like his brother, Silas was taller than her, they looked like twins, the only thing separating the siblings was the stubble that grew on Orestes's face.

Other than that, from the sharpened jaw to high cheekbones, if she wasn't friends with them for so long then she wouldn't be able to tell them apart.

"Oh..", Silas cleared his throat and grabbed the lyre from her hands to put away, "Yes i'm fine.."

Eudora knew he wasn't telling the truth, the instant his eyes averted from her own, taking a finger, she swiped a finger across his forehead, "Gods you're sweating.."

She continued to watch in confusion as Silas ignored her comment and packed the instruments. His chin length white hair masked his face.

Eudora was only able to get the smallest glimpse of his face under the opened roof. His cheeks were slightly pink.

Eudora smirked and threw her arms over Silas, "If you don't talk to her I will."

Silas shoved her off causing Eudora to laugh. Looking back out into the crowd. Many were still filing in, their faces turning into a frown as they realize Eudora and the brothers were done for the night.

But she bypassed their down faces and straight to the bar where the back of a females head moved as she spoke with the bartender. Her black silky hair moved with every movement.

She turned and her side profile confirmed it was the same female Silas has been swooning over since she first appeared at their Solstice performance several years ago.

"Eudora don't-.", but it was too late.

She stepped down from the stage, squeezing her way through the thick crowd. She nodded with a small smile at those who complimented her.

Silas's demand died with loud noises of children and Fae.

Soon she made it to the bar and placed her forearms on the head. Her presence was welcomed by the female, she turned her head, "Oh..."

Eudora smiled, "Hi. So I'm not going to cut corners, you know my friend the one on the lyre?", she hummed and pointed to the stage where Silas had his back turned complaining to his brother about her she knew.

"I do..", the female with intriguing light honey colored eyes hummed, her lips were glossed making Eudora understand the appeal. "He was really good."

"Well lucky for you, he's about to come over here and buy you a drink."

Her eyes brightened and Eudora sent the scene to Silas.

She likes you, get your ass over here

They both watched, the female posing a shy smile as Silas made way through the crowd. He made it clear shooting the nastiest glare to Eudora before taking her spot. His forehead still gleamed slightly with sweat, which she rolled her eyes at but left the pair alone.

As she made back to the stage, Orestes was gone.

Where he was wasn't her concern. Usually he shows back up at the end of the night. Push comes to shove she can call Barachiel to give his location. Not like she wants to intervene.

Eudora huffed and took the measure to finish what Silas started and pile up the instruments. Though the night was enough to hide them in the corner of the stage, she added extra measure and draped a tarp over them, just before tapping it and the pile vanished.

"I was scared i'd have to chase you down to talk to you.", Eudora tilted her head back, some of her hair covering an eye. But that didn't cover the sight of a beautiful female standing at the bottom of the stage.

Eudora licked her lips and shrugs. She walked to sit at the edge of the stage, to match her height, "Wouldn't want that.' Eudora hummed and rested forearms on her lap.

The open roof allowed for her to glimpse her deep brown eyes and long eyelashes. Her hair was tied up into a high messy bun. Eudora looked over at her and noted the casual get up. Most of the women here had dresses on, but she was different.

The woman crossed her arms, them surprisingly buff as if she could take out any male here. It intrigued her.

"Can I get you a drink? ", she gestures to two open spaces on the bar. Eudora didn't hesitate and nodded.

"I'd like that.", she stood and followed her. They ordered a round of shots.

She was on her fifth one when she caught the stare of the woman from the corner of her eye. "Mmm.", Eudora licked the salt from the tip of her fingers and went in for one more tequila shot, "You're intentions are written on your face." She eyes the black ink on the woman's arm, snaking up to hide under the sleeve of her shirt.

"Saves me the trouble of asking." she spoke calmly, admiring Eudora's dress.

Eudora huffed and took out a few coins and placed it on the table. The woman Eudora still didn't gather a name and followed her out to the back of the pub. Only a couple of fae were out, everyone was usually in the front. But those who were out had a similar agenda.

So shame was thrown out the window as Eudora smiled as the woman cupped her face and leaned in taking her lips with a drunken hunger. Eudora was pressed back against the wall, tasting the mixture of alcohol from the tongue she slipped into her mouth.

"Easy...", Eudora soothed and broke the kiss to see the female look down at her as if the kiss wasn't nearly enough. She bit her lip holding her smile as she gathered her breath. Eudora looked up at the woman through dark eyelashes  "Why don't we-."

The back door to the pub slams open and while the woman with more muscle packed than Eudora flinched in her grasp, Eudora remained still lazily looking over to see who was in a frenzy disrupting her moment.

But that lazily disappointed glare turned wide. Not because of the flash of white she saw from Orestes, but the female he was with.

Short black hair. Bangs.

Eudora stood straight, ignoring the woman still holding her waist and gawked as she saw her cousin going at it with Orestes.

"Asteria?"

____________________________

A/n:

I think y'all probably got the hint but Eudora is bi

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

205K 8.9K 86
Aoife Vanserra, daughter of the High Lord of Autumn Court, Beron, had been living safely in Spring Court since her family was taken Under the Mountai...
108K 3.1K 31
This takes place after ACOWAR (Characters belong to Sarah J Maas) Azriel x OC ----‐--------------------------------------------------- Prythian is in...
60.6K 1.9K 18
𝐄𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐛𝐢𝐚: 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬. She saw herself as one could view the moon. Isolated from everyone, alone in the da...
89.6K 3.4K 74
Feyre Archeron and her best friend had been close since they were young. They trusted each other and were there for each other in times of need. But...