The spiritual body is a husky

By Demens88

Summary too long, read it in first chapter. NOT MINE MTL (no editing) NO VOTING http://www.fuxsb.com/qihuan/2... More

Summary + Chapter 1-4
Chapter 5-8
Chapter 9-12
Chapter 13-16
Chapter 17-20
Chapter 21-24
Chapter 25-28
Chapter 29-32
Chapter 33-36
Chapter 37-40
Chapter 41-44
Chapter 45-48
Chapter 49-52
Chapter 53-56
Chapter 57-60
Chapter 61-64
Chapter 65-68
Chapter 69-72
Chapter 73-76
Chapter 77-80
Chapter 81-84
Chapter 85-88
Chapter 89-92
Chapter 93-96
Chapter 97-100
Chapter 105-108
Chapter 109-112
Chapter 113-116
Chapter 117-120
Chapter 121-124
Chapter 125-128
Chapter 129-132
Chapter 133-136
Chapter 137-140
Chapter 141-144
Chapter 145-148
Chapter 149-152
Chapter 153-156
Chapter 157-160
Chapter 161-164
Chapter 165-168
Chapter 169-172
Chapter 173-176
Chapter 177-180
Chapter 181-184
Chapter 185-188
Chapter 189-192
Chapter 193-196
Chapter 197-200
Chapter 201-204
Chapter 205-208
Chapter 209-212
Chapter 213-216
Chapter 217-220
Chapter 221-224
Chapter 225-228
Chapter 229-232
Chapter 233-236
Chapter 237-240
Chapter 241-244
Chapter 245-248
Chapter 249-252
Chapter 253-256
Chapter 257-260
Chapter 261-264

Chapter 101-104

83 2 0
By Demens88

 The two pairs of wings kept moving slightly behind Lu Xing, allowing everyone to see more clearly how beautiful the covered lower wings were.

  The long phoenix tail trailed on the floor. It was completely transparent at first, but soon began to change colors. In the end, the gradient sky-blue color is stabilized on the phoenix tail, making the entire wing directly inject the soul like the finishing touch.

  Then, everyone saw a flash of light on the wings, and Lu Xing, with his eyes half closed, was actually carried off the ground by the two pairs of wings.

  After Ruan Sui discovered that Lu Xing had wings growing on his back, he kept holding Lu Xing's hand regardless of the temperature on Lu Xing's body. When Lu Xing flew toward the ceiling, he didn't fly far because he was holding him.

  Just when he was about to pull Lu Xing back to sit down, he found that his eyesight was constantly rising.

  Lu Xing took him flying.

  This thought flashed through Ruan Sui's mind, and then without thinking, he stretched out his hand to hold Lu Xing's shaky bathrobe to prevent Lu Xing from being exposed in front of everyone.

  "Wocao! Is Lu Xing turning into a moth? It's so cool that he can fly and can take people flying. I want to fly too."

  Fei Shan's excited roar recalled Ruan Sui, Ruan Yuqi and Yan Yuan's attention on Lu Xing, and they all looked at him.

  A few seconds later, veins popped up on the foreheads of the three of them. Ruan Yuqi quickly held Ruan Sui's feet to prevent them from flying too high. Yan Yuan slapped Feishan on the back of the head.

  "Shut up. If you don't speak, no one will treat you as a mute. Didn't you see that Lu Xing is unconscious? Why don't you help me quickly?"

  "oh oh."

  Only then did Fei Shan react. He stepped forward and helped pull the two people down in mid-air. Fei Shan tilted his head when he looked at Lu Xing, who was still holding him down and flapping his wings to fly freely. Look at your captain.

  "Captain, what should we do? I can't let go. If I let go, Lu Xing will still have to fly."

  Yan Yuan didn't know what to do. He looked at the only person in the room who might be able to do something: "Major Ruan, what should I do? Wake him up? What should I call him?"

  wake? of course not.

  Ruan Yuqi blinked, his eyes brightened a few degrees, and he reluctantly looked at the beautiful big wings behind Lu Xing. While sighing at the strength of Lu Xing's wings, he wanted to try again, but he never thought of waking him up.

  Anyway, Lu Xing's high fever gradually subsided after his wings came out. Although Lu Xingren was not awake yet, he could clearly see that he was in good condition, so he was not in a hurry to wake him up.

  Ruan Sui knew Ruan Yuqi best, and when he saw him like this, he knew that waking Lu Xing was a feasible solution, but Ruan Yuqi had his own little idea and didn't want to wake Lu Xing.

  After glaring at Ruan Yuqi, Ruan Sui said directly: "Lu Xing's wings have grown. You can cooperate with him in experiments whenever you want. There is no need to be in such a hurry. Can you please tell me if I can wake Lu Xing up now?"

  Ruan Yuqi responded with a grimace to Ruan Sui: "Scream, scream."

  Ruan Sui heard the words and walked to Lu Xing's side, carefully avoiding the wings, wrapping his arms around Lu Xing's shoulders, leaning close to Lu Xing's ear: "Lu Xing, wake up, wake up quickly. If you don't wake up, you will be lost."

  Lu Xing struggled for a while, but still didn't wake up. He frowned and murmured some words.

  Ruan Sui got closer and then he could vaguely hear.

  "Mallory, Mallory... discovered... that I've been there."

  Ruan Sui frowned, what was Lu Xing saying, "Mallory found out that he had been there", what did this mean?

  Just when he wanted to hear more clearly, Lu Xing suddenly opened his eyes, leaned into Ruan Sui's arms and gasped for air. It took him a while to calm down.

  Looking at the worried look in the instructor's eyes next to him, he smiled weakly: "Instructor, I'm fine, it's just that I seemed to have gone back again just now."

  "Going back? Then you saw Mallory again?"

  Lu Xing nodded: "He is losing his temper."

  Ruan Sui recalled what Lu Xing said when he was unconscious and his eyes widened: "Does he know that it's you?"

  Lu Xing closed his eyes: "I guess there will be no peace for a while in the future. If I let him seize the opportunity this time, he will try to drag me back again at all costs."

  "What's the point of him doing this?" Ruan Sui didn't understand. Since Mallory knew where Lu Xing was and had an imperative to do something to Lu Xing, why didn't he just find a way to bring Lu Xing back? What are the benefits of using this resource-wasting and time-consuming method?

  Lu Xing didn't quite understand, but he understood the extent of Mallory's abnormality better than Ruan Sui. He felt that Mallory didn't take him back now because he couldn't solve the problem of his genetic collapse.

  To be more precise, there is no condition for him to solve the problem of his genetic collapse.

  As for why there were no conditions, Lu Xing had a guess. It was that he would probably not be returned to Mallory's hands after he was taken back. That's why Mallory refused to take him back and did not tell others that he had his own. trace.

  On one side, Ruan Sui and Lu Xing were talking about secrets that only the two of them knew. On the other side, Ruan Yuqi and others frowned at the two of them talking about secrets that they did not understand.

  In the end, Fei Shan couldn't help but say: "Vice-Team, Lu Xing, we are still here. If you want to tell a secret, don't tell it in front of us. If it's not a secret, just tell us. We are so curious. Also, Lu Xing, can you control your wings, they are so powerful, I can't hold you down anymore."

  "Ah?" Lu Xing belatedly looked behind him. With just one glance, the large wings that had been fluttering shattered into fine powder and slowly disappeared into the air.

  "..."

  Everyone was stunned by this scene. If it weren't for the glitter on the landing wings still on the ground, they would have thought they were dreaming just now.

  Ruan Sui reacted first, holding Lu Xing's shoulders and turning him towards him: "Lu Xing, what happened just now? Are you okay? Your wings -"

  Before Ruan Sui finished speaking, Lu Xing's outstretched finger gently pressed his lips.

  "Don't worry, instructor, I'm fine. My wings are still there."

  "What?" Ruan Sui did not take off Lu Xing's finger. As his lips and teeth opened and closed, the warm breath he exhaled sprayed on Lu Xing's well-joined fingers, dyeing Lu Xing's fingers a light red.

  Lu Xing moved his fingers slightly, as if he couldn't bear the warm breath, and suddenly took it from Ruan Sui's lips, and Ruan Sui quickly held it. Ruan Sui looked into Lu Xing's deep black eyes and said in a soft and soft voice: "You said the wings are still there, but where are the wings?"

  Lu Xing blinked his eyes, as if he was bewitched by Ruan Sui. The red wing marks on his chest flashed, and a thin mist suddenly appeared on his back, with a thin sky-blue light shining in the mist.

  Then, as everyone continued to stare blankly, the fog continued to expand and lengthen, and in the blink of an eye, wings that were the same as before appeared on Lu Xing's back.

  Lu Xing picked up the long phoenix tail on the ground and put it into Ruan Sui's hand: "Instructor, look, it's still there."

  Ruan Sui gently pinched the phoenix tail that Lu Xing put in his hand, and saw Lu Xing's wings trembling behind him, and then he laughed.

  "It's so beautiful. I was worried about what to do with your clothes after you have wings, but now it seems that there is no need to worry. You can control his appearance and disappearance, right?"

  "Yes, it is very useful and powerful. I think it can help me a lot in all aspects." Lu Xing was a little happy. He could clearly feel that most of the problem of his genetic collapse had been solved. Even if it attacks in the future, it should not be fatal. .

  This also proved that his previous guess was correct. His genetic collapse was not only a problem with the king butterfly genes, but also related to those human genes.

  Ruan Yuqi watched Lu Xing's wings disappear and reappear, his eyes bursting with enthusiasm.

  He didn't expect Lu Xing to really break through this level and at such a fast speed. He can't wait to collect Lu Xing's genes now, wanting to see if Lu Xing has the ability he hopes for most.

  If Lu Xing really inherited the ability of the king butterfly to upgrade independently, could he study Lu Xing's genes to develop a potion that can upgrade humans, breaking the current shackles of fixed levels that humans are born with?

  Thinking of that possibility, all the cells in Ruan Yuqi's body became excited.

  However, he also knew that now was not a good time. Ruan Sui was very protective of his shortcomings. Even if Lu Xing really inherited the ability of the king butterfly to evolve independently, Ruan Sui would not let Lu Xing cooperate with his research in a short period of time.

  Therefore, the most urgent thing is to ask clearly about the nonsensical conversation between the two of them just now. He had a hunch that the conversation contained something that would interest him greatly.

  Sure enough, when returning to the question Fei Shan asked before, the answers given by the two made Ruan Yuqi excited again.

  It turned out that while Lu Xing was in coma, his consciousness was really pulled away by his "twin", and anti-high temperature reagents were also used.

  If his guess was correct, Lu Xing should not have grown wings so quickly before. It was precisely the tube of medicine that accelerated the growth of Lu Xing's wings.

  He remembered that when the king butterfly hatched, in addition to its nutritional needs, it also had temperature requirements.

  He had previously thought about finding a place with a suitable temperature for Lu Xing to stay when his genes were perfected. Now it seems that there is no need for it. That tube of medicine has directly become the most advantageous weapon to catalyze the gene hatching of the king butterfly.

It's just that he doesn't understand. Is it useful for the medicine to affect Lu Xing's consciousness? Otherwise, it would be impossible to explain why Lu Xing had such a high fever.

He had a different view on Ruan Sui and Lu Xing's concerns.

"I think you don't need to worry too much about this problem. The king butterfly genes in Lu Xing's body will become more and more perfect. Once perfected, they will be different from those 'twins', and naturally they will not be so easy to get caught."

"Okay, now the question-answering part is over." Ruan Yuqi looked at Lu Xing with red eyes, rubbed his hands, and chuckled, "Now is it time for me to check--Oh, Ruan Sui, kick me!" Well?"

Ruan Sui twitched the corner of his mouth, patted Lu Xing and asked him to retract his wings, then put on Lu Xing's clothes, tied the bathrobe straps into two knots, and then said, "Is it okay for you to check, but can you stop being so wretched?"

"Am I wretched?" Ruan Yuqi pointed at himself and raised his voice.

"Yes, it's very vulgar. If you don't believe me, just ask Yan Yuan and Fei Shan."

Ruan Yuqi looked at the two people and saw them nodding slowly and saying in unison: "It's very wretched."

Ruan Yuqi was furious and just about to retort, Yan Yuan's contact device started to vibrate crazily.

At the same time, Base 6, the colonel's office.

Bolton frowned as he looked at the report sent by the scouts ahead. The mutant army did not change its trajectory because of their artificial interference, and was moving quickly towards Base No. 6.

If they keep moving at this speed, they will break into the outermost perimeter of Base No. 6 in less than 48 hours. The current strength of their base No. 6 is simply not enough to fight against the mutant army led by the SS mutant Ghost King Fuji.

"Come quickly." Bolton put down the report and stood up and walked to the window, looking in the direction of the imperial capital, and murmured, "I hope this time can be passed safely."

[The author has something to say]

The OS in everyone's hearts when Lu Xingfei took off

Ruan Sui: I have to cover Lu Xing's lower body with the bathrobe to prevent my big dog from being exposed.

Ruan Yuqi: Wocao, it's flying, it's flying, I have to catch my brother. Wow, what powerful wings. Can someone help me? I feel the same as flying a kite on a windy day.

Yan Yuan: Is this the person who saved my sister? It's really extraordinary, these wings look a bit handsome.

Fei Shan: Wocao, Wocao! ! ! It's so handsome, I want it too, I want to fly too. I can let Lu Xing hold me and fly. I haven't tried flying other than mechas and aircrafts yet. When Lu Xing wakes up, discuss it with him, hehe.

Chapter 71 The King of Mutations

Several A-level ghost king vines were intertwined together, serving as the outpost of the army. Sand and rocks flew as they drove rapidly, and their roots were like twisting pythons, strangling all low-level small mutants that could not escape along the route.

Together with the Ghost King Vine is the same level of animal mutant killer bee. They are at least three meters long, all hovering on the outstretched vines of the Ghost King Vine. Each sting is as thick as an adult's arm and glows with a faint black light, demonstrating their impressive fighting power.

Behind them are groups of hyenas that are not too far or too close, but are of a lower level, but are large in number and have the greatest impact on the combatants. They are the flanks of the army, extremely fast and sinister in character. As long as they wanted to, they could catch up with the outpost of the Ghost King Vine in an hour.

The leader of this group of hyenas, the Hyena King, has just broken through the S level. After tasting the benefits, he is eager to reach a higher level. The fresh flesh and blood of the advanced combatants is a great supplement compared to the other mutants it hunted in the past.

Above the hyena group, there is a group of vultures that appear to be scattered, but are actually orderly. They provide air support and surveillance for the entire mutant army.

Of course, to prevent the vultures from being attracted by the red light source, in addition to the vultures, there is also a group of demon pigeons that look harmless to humans and animals, but are actually more cruel and bloody than the vultures.

Then there are the higher-level piranha, wolf, saw-tooth spider, reptile crocodile, devil moth, etc., which are the strongest combat power of the army, all surrounding a tree that covers the sky and exudes terrifying energy. SS-level plant mutant Ghost King Vine King.

The levels of mutants are not strict. There are often cases of groups of low-level mutants devouring high-level single mutants, but these things usually only happen between mutants below S level.

After the mutant reaches S level, its strength is in sharp contrast to before. Its own energy level has also increased several times. Low-level mutants can no longer be beaten by group fights. The corresponding SS-level mutant's own energy is several times that of an S-level mutant.

This is also the reason why the S-class Oni King Vine and the B-class hyena group were not afraid of being backstabbed before. Because if the two confront each other, the entire hyena group will only become the meal of the ghost king vine.

It is precisely because of this that mutants generally do not choose to cooperate. They are intelligent and know that cooperation may ultimately lead to them becoming a stepping stone for the evolution of other mutants.

Therefore, although the phenomenon of such a large army of mutants suddenly appearing in various places and attacking human bases is not unheard of, it has been rare in thousands of years.

There are only three records.

Each of these three times was because a higher-level mutant was to be born. Humans call the possible mutants the King of Mutants.

The first three times, humans were lucky enough to kill the unborn mutant emperor. What will happen this time, Xuan Changming and Wu Jin who are far away in the imperial capital don't know, nor do the little scouts who are close to Chi Chi and have just joined the reconnaissance team of their hearts and souls.

He watched helplessly as the excellent disguises of himself and his comrades were seen through by an unknown type of mutant; he watched helplessly as one senior after another was strangled and devoured by the outpost of the mutant army, the Ghost King Vine, in order to protect himself; After watching the Ghost King Vine devour all his teammates, he began to play with himself.

They rolled him up in the air and wrapped around his comrades who had been sucked dry with only a layer of skin left, leaving him staring at his comrades who refused to rest in silence. Then, the other comrades who were also sucked down to only a layer of skin were teleported to him, and the skins of his comrades surrounded him.

Looking at the seniors who were smiling at me one second, rubbing their heads and telling me the essentials of reconnaissance, they turned into hollow, twisted, warm and soft human skin the next second. The little scout couldn't bear it anymore, and tears fell from his eyes.

"Ahhhhhhh!!! I will fight with you!!"

The little scout was distraught and bit down on the bloody vine of the Ghost King Vine. The force was so strong that the Ghost King Vine's grip on him loosened, and he fell directly from a height of dozens of meters.

Immediately, the Ghost King Vine, provoked and angry by the little bug, suddenly stretched out thousands of vines, with their tips standing straight upward, waiting for the little scout to fall on the thorny array of vines and be pricked by the vines. Hundreds of holes, rivers of blood and death.

The little scout seemed to know the fate he was about to face. He opened his eyes angrily and shouted: "I'm not afraid of you. You will die in our hands sooner or later. If I don't close my eyes, I will see how you are destroyed!"

After shouting happily, the little scout smiled and welcomed his fate.

Just when he was about to land on the sharp thorns and be stabbed to death by the sharp thorns, a flash of red light suddenly flashed in front of his eyes, and he immediately felt that his fall had stopped.

Taking a closer look, I saw that I was being held under the arm by a man wearing red combat armor, with a stern face, a cold expression, and a hint of greenness on his face. He could be called a man for the time being.

The man's deep black eyes calmly looked at the Ghost King Vine in front of him that was rioting because its prey was robbed, and at the Killer Bee hovering on the Ghost King Vine.

When the two mutants attacked him simultaneously, the hand that was not holding the little scout stretched out, and a lightsaber filled with fiery red energy suddenly appeared in the man's hand.

The man's armor flashed red, and the man's lightsaber slashed at the mutant that was charging towards them!

A majestic red energy rushed towards the overcoming mutant like a raging ocean wave. The little scout heard a shocking loud noise, and his eyes widened as the man blasted away several ghost king vines with his sword and tore them apart in the aftermath. The killer bee could no longer hold on, and was knocked unconscious by the remaining airflow.

When I woke up, I found myself sitting in a beautiful heavy mecha that I had never seen before. The man who had just fought against numerous A-class mutants on his own was sitting next to him and driving a mecha flexibly.

"You -" the little scout stood up excitedly, remembering the scene before he fell into coma, looking at the unharmed man, pursed his lips, and then cautiously continued to ask, "Who are you?"

The man turned around, his cold eyes still filled with a chilling aura that had not dissipated, making the little scout shudder.

"I am a special force sent by the military to support your base. I belong to the Thirteenth Special Operations Team of the Special Combat Forces." The man looked at the little scout who seemed a little afraid of him, with a hint of helplessness in his voice, "My name is Lu Xing ."

"Lu Xing, Lu Xing." The little scout felt that the name sounded familiar. After thinking for a long time, he couldn't figure out where he had heard it. When he saw someone looking at him, he realized that he hadn't reported his name yet.

"My name is Hongpeng, and I belong to the Reconnaissance Section of Base No. 6. Lu Xing, thank you for saving me."

 Lu Xing shook his head and said calmly: "You're welcome, we are comrades-in-arms. It's a pity that I came too late and didn't have time to save your teammates."

  Hearing his comrades, Hong Peng's eyes turned red, and his expression became extremely fierce: "It has nothing to do with you, you guys came very quickly. It's them, it's a mutant that I've never seen before. , can accurately sense our location."

  Lu Xing also became serious. When he had a head-to-head confrontation with Ghost King Vine and Killer Bee before, he didn't feel any other mutants.

  If what Hong Peng said is true, then this new mutant's ability is not only superior in perception, but also superior in the ability to conceal its own aura. Moreover, since it can hide its own aura, can it also hide the auras of other mutants?

  If it can be hidden, the threat to them will be great.

  Thinking of this, Lu Xing's eyes narrowed: "Have you seen the mutant you mentioned? What does it look like?"

  Hong Peng squinted his eyes and recalled.

  At that time, he and his captains were hiding thirty kilometers away from the mutant outpost, using butterfly eyes to observe the movements of the mutants.

  At first everything was normal, the butterfly eye was invisible and suspended motionless in the sky. Through the butterfly eyes, they saw the Ghost King Vine plundering the energy of mutants below its level. Its root system, like a giant python, was full of bones of various undigested mutants.

  The killer bee hovers on the vine of the Ghost King Vine, absorbing the energy that the Ghost King Vine has not yet had time to digest.

  Just before they sent these pictures back to the base, a sudden change occurred!

  The butterfly eye suspended in the air was suddenly wrapped by a soft object, and then rolled all the way. Judging from the last picture transmitted back before the butterfly eye was shattered, it looked like it had been swallowed by a snake-like mutant.

  "Snake? Are you sure?" Lu Xing frowned. There were many kinds of mutant snakes, and their levels were not low. However, they are extremely solitary and have no record of cooperating with other mutants.

  Among the snake mutants discovered today, none of them have the ability to absolutely conceal their breath, although they are all good at hiding their breath.

  According to Hong Peng, none of them noticed the mutant before it suddenly attacked Die Die.

  Hong Peng and the others are professionally trained reconnaissance personnel, and the Butterfly Eye is the most sophisticated instrument for observing mutants. Not only can they follow the mutants silently, but they can also accurately identify the types of mutants caught in their lens.

  But even so, neither Dieyan nor Hongpeng could notice it.

  Hong Peng shook his head: "Not sure, that thing doesn't have snake teeth, and its tongue is different from that of a snake."

  "When it appeared, was there anything wrong?" Lu Xing asked next, whether the butterfly eye is big or small, a mutant that can swallow it alive should not be too small.

  This kind of mutant with a large physique, even if its ability to conceal the aura is superior, will definitely make a different movement when it explodes.

  Hong Peng and the others were not far away from the mutant, so they might not have sensed it. It was probably just because the Oni King Vine made too much noise while marching, and they were suddenly attacked, so they ignored that little bit of movement.

  Hong Peng recalled it carefully.

  "Ah, I remembered. The moment the butterfly eye was wrapped, we seemed to feel the ground shaking evenly. But the movement of the Ghost King Vine was too loud at that time, and we thought it was the movement caused by the Ghost King Vine. Now think about the Ghost King The movement caused by the vine is not that uniform."

  Hong Peng seemed to have remembered something again, and became excited: "That's right, that's what happened. When the butterfly eye was swallowed, the captain realized that something was wrong and led us to retreat. But before we could get out of the danger range, The ground suddenly collapsed, and we fell into the ground, which delayed our retreat. We were paralyzed by the venom of the killer bees, and finally..."

  Hong Peng couldn't speak any more, covered his face and squatted down, whimpering.

  Uniform tremor, collapse?

  Lu Xing pondered, there were many types of mutations that could cause the ground to tremble and collapse. For example, the gray rat group, the pangolin group, and the high-level coiling grass, but none of them look similar to the snake mutants.

  "What is it?" Lu Xing murmured, frantically searching for information on mutants that fit the situation. After a moment, Lu Xing had an idea and contacted Ruan Sui directly.

  Here Ruan Sui is sitting in the colonel's office at Base 6, and Yan Yuan is also sitting in front of Bolton, listening to Bolton introducing the intelligence sent from the front.

  After the introduction, Bolton poured a glass of water for the two of them, then took a deep breath, leaned on the desk and smiled: "You guys came quite quickly. I didn't expect you two to come to support me. Thank you very much."

  Yan Yuan glanced at his old classmate speechlessly: "Please save yourself, thank me again when you really survive this disaster."

  Bolton punched Yan Yuan and looked at Ruan Sui, who was a little absent-minded after hearing his briefing: "What's wrong, so absent-minded?"

  Ruan Sui said nothing and frowned, as if he didn't hear what Bolton said.

  Bolton was a little surprised, looked at Yan Yuan, and asked silently: "What's wrong with him?"

  Yan Yuan also replied silently: "I'm worried about Lu Xing."

  "Yes, Lu Xing." Bolton suddenly said, "Lu Xing is the master of Honglian now. I was so anxious to introduce you to the information that I forgot to ask him. Where are the others? Didn't they say they were in your team?"

  Ruan Sui was brought back to his senses by the word "Lu Xing". He looked at Bolton, who had a gossipy face, and said calmly: "Lu Xing went to the front to scout for news. He should have returned by this time, but -"

  Ruan Sui frowned, and when Lu was walking, he promised that he would be back within two hours. Lu Xing always kept his word. Even if he went far, with Honglian's ability, he should be able to get back in two hours.

  But not only did Lu Xing not come back, he didn't even give him any news, which made him a little worried.

  Bolton didn't know the reason, so he patted Ruan Sui on the shoulder: "Don't worry, that guy can deal with the S-class mutant Ghost King Vine when using a light mecha. Now that he has a red lotus body to protect him, are you still worried that something will happen to him? ?"

  Just as Ruan Sui was about to refute, the communicator on his wrist began to vibrate crazily. At first glance, it was Lu Xing.

  Ruan Sui quickly answered, and Lu Xing's face appeared in mid-air.

  "Instructor, something happened." Lu Xing said with a bombshell, "Do you still remember that in the information I compiled, there was a mutant earthworm that was absolutely artificially cultivated?"

  "I remember that the mutant was cultivated using ancient earthworm genes and had the ability to turn over the ground and cause earthquakes."

  "Well, that's it. It appeared, and it also has the ability to conceal its aura and have extraordinary perception. I suspect that this mutant invasion is man-made."

  "What?" Yan Yuan and Bolton, who were listening to the conversation between the two, said in surprise at the same time.

  Man-made, how is this possible?

  It's not that they don't believe in Lu Xing, especially Yan Yuan who knows Lu Xing's life experience. But even if he knew, he couldn't believe that such a large-scale mutant invasion was man-made.

  If humans were really that powerful and could control mutants, they wouldn't have to fight against mutants for thousands of years.

  Seemingly seeing the doubts of the two leaders, Lu Xing calmly explained: "The artificiality I am talking about is the result of artificial induction. In the thousands of years that we humans have been fighting against mutants, there have only been three such records. Without exception. , the reason for this collective invasion of mutants is related to the birth of the mutant emperor."

  "But every time the appearance of the mutant emperor is recorded, there is a gap of thousands of years. But this time, it has only been three hundred years since the last time the mutant emperor appeared."

  "If, I say if, someone releases information to high-level mutants that the King of Mutants is about to be born, then——"

  Lu Xing paused, looked at the three people opposite the liaison device, and said solemnly: "Then the high-level mutants will definitely summon an army to invade human territory in order to obtain the huge energy that will help the king of mutants be born."

  [The author has something to say]

  Butterfly Eye: A mechanical eye with two wings that can become invisible and is the most sophisticated instrument for detecting mutants. It has a built-in variant recognition system and is a must-have for home and travel, but the price is too expensive. The author couldn't afford it anyway.

  I will update these today, and the remaining 1,700 words will be completed tomorrow.

  Babies, please pay attention to your health, this virus will come back again. I thought I was fine, but after washing my hair, I went out to pick up the courier before my hair was dry, and I fell down again. This time the recurrence was more serious than before. I went directly to the hospital to have a blood test. I also had a blood test today and will have to die tomorrow. Why......

  There is a small red envelope for leaving a message in this chapter, and there will also be one for tomorrow's chapter. Think of it as a small compensation for my discontinuation of updates and the delay in my commitment. I love you, okay~

Chapter 72 War begins

  On the communicator side, although Hong Peng's words were confused, it did not prevent him from understanding the meaning of Lu Xing's last words. He looked at Lu Xing in shock. Just as he was about to ask, he remembered that Lu Xing was reporting the situation to the base.

  Hong Peng didn't waste any time. He walked a few steps behind Lu Xing and appeared in the eyes of the three people who were still at the base.

  "Hong Peng? What's wrong with you?" Bolton's voice paused, his brows furrowed, and based on the question Lu Xing just said, he realized something was wrong.

  He knew this soldier. Two days ago, he personally sent Hong Peng's team out to the base to perform a mission.

 The leader of the reconnaissance team was named Zhu Zhu. Such a cute and delicate name for a grown man was laughed at by his unscrupulous comrades for a long time.

  Captain Zhu told him that day that he was the latest scout selected by the reconnaissance department. He was very talented and could succeed him as the captain in the future. This time I specially brought him to see the world and asked him to give the soldier a few words of encouragement.

  Ruan Sui said that Lu Xing went to the front to inquire about information. Even Lu Xing, a non-professional scout, could see these problems. It was impossible for Captain Zhu and Hong Peng not to notice them.

  But he actually didn't know anything about this new mutant.

  Captain Zhu is a very experienced old scout. He will record any problem and send it back to the base. This time, not only did it not come back, only Hong Peng appeared next to Lu Xing.

  Where is Captain Zhu and the rest of the scouts?

  Bolton unintentionally thought that these people were all on Lu Xing's mecha. Let's not talk about whether Lu Xing's mecha can carry so many people. Just talk about reporting information. Captain Zhu knows more than Lu Xing who just went to inquire about the information.

  But Captain Zhu didn't show up, but Hong Peng, a new member of the team, did.

  So, there is only one answer. The reconnaissance team was killed, and only Hong Peng survived. In other words, it was Lu Xing who saved Hong Peng.

  Bolton was a little sad, but he also knew that dying on the battlefield where he stood was the ultimate fate of his soldiers.

  Looking at Hong Peng, who had red eyes and had obviously cried, Bolton sighed: "Sorry, Captain Zhu doesn't want to see your tears. He wants to see you take over his duties."

  Hong Peng wiped his eyes and nodded firmly. He lifted up his sleeves and took out a chip the size of a fingernail from the sleeve cuff he wore close to his body.

  This chip was given to Captain Zhu before he died. The chip recorded the information that they failed to send back to the base, as well as some information that Captain Zhu risked his life to record with his chest recorder.

  Captain Zhu and his teammates all died just to cover their escape with this information. And if he hadn't been rescued by Lu Xing, he would have died at the hands of those brutal mutants, becoming a stepping stone for them to advance.

  "Sir Bolton, this is the last picture taken when we were attacked and the information that was not sent back to the base. I hope it will be helpful to the base."

  He said and handed the chip to Lu Xing. Lu Xing did not refuse. After receiving the chip, he patted his chest and the chip disappeared immediately.

  Hong Peng was a little curious about where the chip had gone, but he didn't have the nerve to ask directly because he hadn't hung up yet.

  However, Bolton didn't care that much. Seeing this scene, he raised his eyebrows and looked at Ruan Sui, but the words in his mouth asked Lu Xing:

  "This is the benefit of Honglian's 100% fusion, right? I heard that after 100% fusion with Honglian, a man as big as Honglian can fuse into Lu Xing's heart. Is it true?"

  Ruan Sui didn't answer. He looked at Lu Xing and said in a soft voice, "How long do you have until you get to the base? I'll pick you up."

  Lu Xing took a look at the trajectory and did not say that Ruan Sui would not come to pick him up. He replied obediently: "Instructor, I will arrive at the base in ten minutes."

  Ruan Sui nodded, said, "I'll wait for you at the mecha parking lot at the base," then hung up the communication and left Bolton's office without looking back.

  Bolton was dumbfounded. Even if Ruan Sui didn't want to answer before, he would have said something else to deal with him. what is it today?

  Doesn't he deserve Ruan Sui's perfunctory treatment now?

  Yan Yuan patted his old classmate on the shoulder sympathetically and comforted: "It's not your fault."

  It's really not Bolton's fault, Ruan Sui was just like this because he was worried about Lu Xing.

  The scene of Lu Xing growing wings was still before his eyes. Although Ruan Yuqi's physical examination showed that Lu Xing's genes were much more stable and his body was stronger, it had never been heard of people being able to grow wings since the beginning of human history.

  Moreover, the situation before Lu Xing was not optimistic. Although it has grown wings now, the genes of the king butterfly are still developing, and the energy required is extremely huge.

  It is unknown how much energy Honglian supplies to Lu Xing. If Lu Xing loses too much energy during the fight, he is likely to fall into a coma directly. Ruan Sui is normal to worry.

  However, he had no intention of telling Bolton these secrets. He could only pat Bolton on the shoulder again, and when the other party looked over, he nodded firmly to indicate to him - I really don't blame him.

  Bolton was just confused for a moment and then let it go. He turned to Yan Yuan's shoulder and talked about the latest happenings in the base. At the end of the sentence, he suddenly said: "Colonel Zheng Ya's injuries are almost healed. If everything goes well this time, I will return to the imperial capital with you. I will send you to save the time." The aircraft sent him back."

  Yan Yuan didn't care, it was just a matter of bringing one more person, and the aircraft couldn't carry it anyway.

  Bolton laughed when he saw Yan Yuan agreeing. He checked the time and took Yan Yuan to find Ruan Sui, saying that he also wanted to meet Lu Xing. He also told Yan Yuan the story of Lu Xing's heroic appearance against the S-class Ghost King Vine alone and Ruili's troubles.

  Yan Yuan said nothing but listened, and was led by Bolton to chase Ruan Sui.

  The two of them arrived just in time, just in time to see Lu Xing driving Honglian from the sky in front of the astonished eyes of many staff members. The huge red and black metal wings behind him folded back and finally disappeared behind the huge mecha.

  Then, everyone saw the mecha's chest flash, and two figures appeared in front of everyone. The tall fiery red mecha standing behind the two people turned into a stream of light and quickly penetrated into the chest of one of them.

  "Instructor." Lu Xing let go of Hong Peng's hand and stepped forward to walk in front of Ruan Sui. He didn't notice at all that Hong Peng sat on the ground the moment he let go of his hand.

  Hong Lian's height in the heavy mecha form was at least thirty meters tall. Just now, Lu Xing grabbed Hong Peng's collar and jumped directly down. Hong Peng didn't urinate on the spot, which was already considered very courageous.

  With the help of the staff, Hong Peng stood up shaking his legs. It took a while for him to recover, and Bolton asked someone to help him down for a detailed physical examination and psychological evaluation.

  Looking at Hong Peng's lonely back, Bolton felt bad in his heart. The reconnaissance team led by Captain Zhu has a total of 24 people, and only Hongpeng is alive now. He was worried that Hong Peng would not be able to escape the shadow of this time and would be abandoned.

  Yan Yuan felt uncomfortable seeing Bolton like this, and patted Bolton's back as a silent comfort.

  At this time, Ruan Sui led Lu Xing towards this side with a serious look on his face, and asked Bolton to prepare.

  "Lu Xing said that the mutant army didn't know why, but after knowing that the entire outpost was annihilated, instead of slowing down, it actually came towards the base faster than before. Lu Xing judged that the fastest is twelve hours , the new outpost and hyena group will arrive at the outskirts of Base 6, and in another half an hour, the main force of the mutant army will arrive."

  Ruan Sui's expression was serious and cold: "We don't have much time left."

  Bolton understood: "I will immediately send people to evacuate the non-combatants in the base into the safe house and open the base's electromagnetic shield to the maximum extent. As for the combatants, they have been preparing for this tough battle since they discovered the mutant army. You lead Whoever comes, direct them yourself."

  Yan Yuan nodded, and Bolton turned around and walked towards the way he came. He had just taken two steps when he heard Lu Xing's cold voice behind him.

  "Colonel Bolton, the underground safe house is not safe."

  Bolton turned around suddenly and suddenly remembered the earthworms Lu Xing mentioned. He frowned and looked at Lu Xing with his sharp eagle eyes: "Earthworms?"

  Lu Xing nodded: "This experimental body was completely artificially cultivated using the genes of ancient species of earthworms. In those days when earthworms did not mutate, they were just beneficial insects that liked to swim in the soil to loosen soil for crops. Now they also like to swim. Walking in the soil, however, is not to loosen the soil."

  Lu Xing paused for a moment, and the cold light in his eyes became more intense: "They are to find the human underground safe house, and to cause a range of earthquakes to interfere with the battle when humans are fighting mutants, and -"

  Lu Xing was concerned about the large number of people coming and going at the mecha parking lot at the base, so he didn't say anything else. However, they were already familiar with the characteristics of earthworms. How could Yan Yuan and Bolton, who had experienced many battles, not know what Lu Xing wanted to say.

  Bolton gasped, he had no doubt about the authenticity of Lu Xinghua. As the top commander of a base, what he has to do is protect the safety of everyone in the base.

  Even if what Lu Xing said was just speculation, he must take it seriously. Moreover, seeing how Ruan Sui and Yan Yuan absolutely believed in Lu Xing, what Lu Xing said was true.

  Now is not the time to ask why Lu Xing knew this. What he should do now is to figure out what he should do if earthworms really get into the base from underneath and find the safe house in the base.

  The underground safe house is made of pure titanium steel. Nowadays, none of the mutants found to be able to walk underground and harm people can break through the protection of titanium steel. But the earthworm is different. Although it cannot break through the protection of titanium steel, it can use its own ability to bring the underground safe house to the ground.

  It's not even impossible to transport the titanium steel safe house to the core of the mutant army without them noticing. And even if the safe house is on the ground, earthworms can still loosen the foundation and pose a threat to the people in the safe house.

  The intelligence of high-level mutants is no less than that of humans, so he has to guard against it.

  But how could he find a safe house in just twelve hours that could withstand the bombardment and remain as stable as ever and not be affected at all, while also being able to withstand the "carrying" of earthworms?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 66.7K 59
π’πœπžπ§π­ 𝐨𝐟 π‹π¨π―πžγ€’ππ² π₯𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐒𝐞𝐬 γ€ˆπ›π¨π¨π€ 1〉 π‘Άπ’‘π’‘π’π’”π’Šπ’•π’†π’” 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕 ✰|| 𝑺𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂 𝑴�...
4.1M 169K 63
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
40.1K 1K 47
Marguerite is a story set in the 1920s, also known as the Roaring Twenties. This period was a time of prosperity for the Western world who got back o...
2.7M 156K 49
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...