Undeniable - Stefan Salvatore

By StefanForever1864

"I didn't plan on falling in love with you, and I doubt you planned on falling in love with me. But once we m... More

Disclaimer
Epigraph + Cast
Prologue
Miss Mystic Falls
Blood Brothers
Isobel
Founder's Day
The Return
Brave New World
Bad Moon Rising
Kill or Be Killed
Plan B
Masquerade
Rose
Katerina
The Sacrifice
By The Light Of The Moon
Daddy Issues
The House Guest
Know Thy Enemy
The Last Dance
Klaus
The Last Day
The Sun Also Rises
As I Lay Dying
The Birthday
The Hybrid
The End of the Affair
Disturbing Behavior
The Reckoning
Smells Like Teen Spirit
Ghost World
Ordinary People
Homecoming
New Deal
Our Town
The Ties That Bind
Bringing Out The Dead
Dangerous Liaisons
1912
Break On Through
The Murder of One
Heart of Darkness
Do Not Go Gentle
Before Sunset
The Departed
Growing Pains
Memorial
The Rager
The Five
The Killer
We All Go a Little Mad Sometimes
My Brother's Keeper
We'll Always Have Bourbon Street
O Come, All Ye Faithful
After School Special
Catch Me If You Can
Into the Wild + Down the Rabbit Hole
Stand By Me

A View to a Kill

1.4K 56 4
By StefanForever1864

Valencia was at Mystic Falls High School setting up for the 80s dance with Bonnie who was asked by Caroline to set up for her. Valencia was stuck in her head thinking about how Elena wanted to kill Kol. It was a reckless idea that would most likely end up with somebody dying. Plus, there was no guarantee that killing Kol would complete Jeremy's hunter mark. Valencia was brought out of her thoughts by Bonnie grabbing her arm and pulling her out of the gym.

Bonnie came to a stop in the hallway and turned to Valencia who was glaring at her for pulling her. Bonnie let go of Valencia's arm and apologized, "Sorry, but I needed to talk to you without anyone listening in."

"You could've just told me that instead of grabbing and dragging me away," Valencia said.

"I'll remember that for next time."

"What do you need, Bonnie?"

"Have you taken a shower or washed your hands today?" Bonnie asked.

Valencia looked at Bonnie offended and asked, "Are you saying that I stink or that I'm dirty?"

Bonnie's eyes widened and she shook her head, "No! I was just on the phone with Elena and she went to wash her hands but the water burned her."

"Did she have the hot water on?"

"It didn't burn her in that way. She said that there was something in the water," Bonnie explained.

"Like what?"

"Something that burns vampires."

"Well there is the sun but I'm pretty sure there isn't any of that in the water," Valencia said sarcastically. "So that leaves vervain."

"Who would put vervain in the water?" Bonnie asked.

"Someone who knows about vampires and wants to protect the town."

There was a look of realization on Bonnie's face but it soon turned to anger. Bonnie pulled her phone out of her pocket and called someone. Valencia heard a male's voice after a few rings and Bonnie went straight to it as she asked, "Why is the town's water burning my friends?"

"Hello, to you my lovely daughter. I'm doing good today, how are you?" Bonnie's dad asked over the phone.

"I'm fine. Now please answer my question."

"I dumped vervain into the water supply," Bonnie's dad said.

"Are you serious? You dumped vervain into the water supply? Where did you even get it?" Bonnie asked.

"I have my sources. I'm also reinstating the curfew and canceling all town events."

"Dad, there's a dance tonight," Bonnie informed him.

"Not anymore."

"Are you serious?"

"Honey, I'm trying to protect you, not punish you. The well-being of this town is my job now."

Bonnie shook her head and angrily said, "No! Dad, it's mine and I've been doing fine without you getting involved!"

"You've been doing fine? Would you like me to read you all the names of the people who have gone missing or died in tragic accidents, in your senior year alone? Head straight home please, we're having a family meeting."

Bonnie hung up her phone and looked at Valencia who had heard the entire conversation. Valencia looked around the hallway, pretending that she hadn't been listening but Bonnie knew she was. "Sometimes I can't stand him."

Valencia smiled sympathetically at Bonnie and told her, "The vervain in the water supply isn't the worst idea. It'll make all of us vampires be on our best behavior."

"I guess," Bonnie sighed. The two went to leave the school when out of nowhere a blur of a person appeared and threw Valencia against the lockers before pinning Bonnie to the wall with their hand around her neck.

"No one can find the cure if you're too dead to find it," said the blur that turned out to be Kol Mikaelson. He vamped out and went to attack her but Bonnie used her magic to break his legs and the hand that was wrapped around her throat.

Bonnie started to lose control of her magic which caused the balloons in the hallway to pop and the lockers to open, papers flying out of them. Valencia stood up and sped over to Kol, snapping his neck. Valencia looked at a scared Bonnie and walked up to her, "Are you okay?"

"No, I didn't mean to do any of that," Bonnie said with teary eyes. The control she had over her magic was becoming less and less and it scared her.

Valencia pulled Bonnie into a hug and assured her, "It's okay. Everything will be okay."

————————

After Kol attacked Bonnie, she and Valencia left the high school. Bonnie went to her house while Valencia headed towards the boarding house. When she got there, Stefan was already outside and standing next to his motorcycle. Valencia's breath hitched at the sight of him like it always did. She walked up to him and smiled when he looked at her, having heard her car pull into the driveway and her footsteps.

"Hey," Valencia greeted.

"Hi," Stefan greeted back with a smile.

"Sorry to just show up unannounced but I'm starting to get a little nervous."

Stefan looked at her in worry and asked, "What's wrong?"

"It's Kol. First, he compelled Damon to kill Jeremy and about ten minutes ago he tried to kill Bonnie at school. His fear of Silas is making him even more dangerous and deadly than he already is."

"I guess it's a good thing that Klaus wants me to get the dagger from Rebekah so he can use it on Kol," Stefan said.

"What if Rebekah won't give it to us?" Valencia asked.

"Us?" Stefan asked, he liked the sound of that.

"Yes, us. We're in this together."

Stefan smiled, oh how badly he wanted to kiss her. He was pulled from his thoughts when his phone started ringing. He took it out of his pocket and saw it was Elena calling. "Hey."

"Hi," Elena greeted. "We have a problem. Kol just tried to kill Bonnie."

"I heard," Stefan said. He looked at Valencia, who was listening to the conversation with her vampire hearing.

"What? How?" Elena asked in confusion.

"Valencia just told me. She was there when Kol attacked Bonnie."

"Yeah, Bonnie said that they had managed to hold him off, but Kol seems pretty intent on murdering everyone who's looking for that cure," Elena told him.

"Yeah, Klaus has me trying to convince Rebekah to give up her dagger so he can take care of Kol," Stefan said.

"I don't want to just dagger Kol. I want Jeremy to kill him."

At Elena's words, Stefan's eyes widened. He looked at the front door of the boarding house scared that Klaus, who was inside, had heard Elena. He turned on his motorcycle and revved it to cover up their conversation. He looked at Valencia in disbelief but she just shook her head. Stefan asked Elena, "What did you just say?"

"Bonnie has all this crazy new power. She thinks she can hold him long enough for Jeremy to get a clean shot," Elena explained.

"And then what, huh? Klaus and Rebekah will kill every one of us out of spite. They may be dysfunctional bickering lunatics, but they stick together no matter what."

"That's why you need to find the dagger and use it on Rebekah. She can't come looking for revenge if she's lying in a box."

Valencia's eyes widened and she shook her head. Stefan looked at Valencia, knowing that she didn't want to dagger Rebekah, and truth be told, neither did he. "Yeah, I can't do that."

"I know you can't dagger her because vampires can't use the dagger, but Matt can. It's not like she doesn't deserve it. And Bonnie thinks that she can get Klaus out of the picture, too, at least temporarily. Once we get this cure, none of this will matter because we can use it against them."

"When I said that I can't dagger Rebekah, I meant that I won't. You might think she deserves but I don't. I'm sorry, Elena, but I'm not helping you with this one. I'll get the dagger for Klaus and he'll take care of Kol. We'll find another way to complete Jeremy's hunter's mark."

"Are you serious?" Elena asked in disbelief.

"Yeah, I am. There's just too much at risk. You said that Bonnie thinks that she can trap Klaus but what happens if she can't? We'll all be dead," Stefan said.

"Fine. Whatever," Elena huffed before she ended the call.

"She's still going to try and kill him, isn't she?" Valencia asked Stefan.

"Knowing Elena, most likely," Stefan sighed. He hoped that Elena would see how many things could go wrong and that she could end up getting them all killed but even if she did, he didn't think she would change her mind.

"We should go try and get that dagger from Rebekah. Klaus daggering Kol won't do anything for Jeremy's hunter mark but it will release Damon from his compulsion," Valencia suggested.

"Yeah. I'll meet you at Rebekah's," Stefan said.

"Ok," Valencia nodded. She wanted so badly to ride on the back of his motorcycle. She wanted to wrap her arms around him and hold on and never let go. She wanted to rest her cheek on his back and listen to his heartbeat. She couldn't do any of that though because they weren't together anymore and it made her heart break even more.

————————

By the time Valencia got to Rebekah's house after stopping at Svorski's Bakery, it was dark outside. Stefan was waiting for Valencia outside of Rebekah's house and when she got there, she walked inside the house without knocking. Stefan was hesitant to enter without Rebekah's knowledge but Valencia rolled her eyes and pulled him inside. Valencia walked to Rebekah's room still pulling Stefan along with her and saw the blonde Original looking through a rack of 80s-theme clothing.

"The colors, the fabrics...The eighties were just...tragic. You know, I think shoulder pads rival 17th-century Puritan smocks for crimes against fashion," Rebekah said. She had heard them walk inside.

"Looking for something to wear to the dance?" Stefan asked as he leaned against the doorframe.

"Aye. I'm Valencia's date. Don't worry though, it's a friend date," Rebekah informed him.

"Sorry, Bex, but the dance was canceled by the new mayor," Valencia told her with a disappointed look on her face. She was looking forward to the dance. Well, more so the music.

"Seriously?! I'm never going to get to attend a school dance," Rebekah pouted.

"There's still prom," Valencia reminded her as she sat down on Rebekah's bed.

"With my luck that will be canceled too or I'll be daggered again."

Valencia felt bad for Rebekah, knowing how much she wanted to experience high school life. She looked down at the pastry bag with a cinnamon roll inside it and sighed before she held out the bag to Rebekah. "Here. Have a delicious cinnamon roll from heaven."

Rebekah took the bag and sat down on her bed. "You could've called and told me that it was canceled. Why come all the way here?"

Instead of beating around the bush, Valencia came right out and said, "Klaus wants us to get the dagger from you so he can use it on Kol."

"Of course he does. I told him no so he sent you two," Rebekah said with a roll of her eyes.

"He wants Valencia to become human again so he can make more hybrids. That won't happen with Kol running around trying to kill the people who are necessary to get the cure," Stefan informed them what Klaus had told him at the boarding house.

"How about we forget about Kol, the cure, and the dagger and have fun instead? Even though the dance was canceled we could still go. Most of the decorations are up and I'm sure I can put an outfit together out of the clothes on the rack. All we need is music and I got that handled," Valencia suggested.

Rebekah took a bite of the cinnamon roll as she thought about it. After a few seconds, she nodded, "I'm in."

The two blondes turned to Stefan and raised their eyebrows wanting to know if he was in or not. Stefan sighed and asked, "I don't have a choice do I?"

"Oh, don't be like that. You know that you love going to dances," Valencia teased.

"Because I get to dance with you," Stefan said lovingly.

Valencia blushed at his words and the way he said them. She cleared her throat and said, "Really? I thought it was because you have a thing for my legs and I always wear dresses to dances which shows them off."

"There's that too," Stefan admitted.

With a smile, Valencia shook her head at him before she kicked him out of the room, "We have to get ready so get out."

"Please don't take forever."

"Yeah, no promises," Valencia said before she stood up and walked over to Stefan. She put her hands on his chest and lightly pushed him out of the room before shutting the door in his face. Valencia pulled her phone out and connected it to a speaker. She smirked when the song "Another One Bites the Dust" by Queen played through the speaker at full volume.

————————

After getting ready Valencia, Stefan, and Rebekah left the Original's house and headed to the high school. They didn't know that after they left, Matt snuck into the house and began searching for the dagger as part of Elena's plan. It didn't take long before the three arrived at the empty high school dressed in 80s attire. Well, Valencia and Rebekah were.

(Valencia's outfit, hair, and jewelry)

They walked into the empty and dark gym that had balloons on the ground. Rebekah looked around and said, "I think I saw a horror movie that started just like this. Did you know they play movies on TV all night long now? Hundreds of them. So much better than those silly black-and-white picture shows we used to go to."

Stefan turned on the lights and said. "I dunno. I kinda miss the old ones."

Valencia plugged her phone into the speakers and asked, "You got any requests for the DJ?"

"I'll let you pick. Nothing cheesy," Rebekah told her.

"Oh, that leaves out about half the decade," Stefan told Rebekah.

"80s rock it is then," Valencia said.

"So is everything about the eighties so...excessive?" Rebekah asked.

"It had its charm. "Say Anything" – Lloyd Dobler standing outside of a bedroom window with a boombox over his head, desperately trying to get back the girl of his dreams; "Princess Bride" – Wesley slays giant rats for love; "The Breakfast Club" – one detention turns a bunch of outcasts into allies," Stefan answered.

"So it was a decade of sentimental drivel, as well?"

Valencia gasped, offended. "Drivel? It was not drivel. That word is not allowed to be used to describe the 80s. Ever!"

Stefan smiled at Valencia and her fierce love for the 80s. He looked at Rebekah and said, "It was a decade of love, friendship, the possibility of anything happening. You would've loved it."

Curiously, Rebekah asked, "And why is that?"

"Because as much as we both hate to admit it, we care about those things," Stefan said to Rebekah while looking lovingly at Valencia who was dancing.

Rebekah smiled at the look in Stefan's eyes as he stared at Valencia, she wanted someone to look at her that way. Valencia felt Stefan's eyes on her and turned to look at him, smiling brightly when she met his eyes. Valencia walked over to Stefan and Rebekah, standing close to Stefan out of habit. Stefan pulled out a small box and opened it, revealing a koala corsage that was a big thing in the 80s.

"What is that?" Rebekah asked, confused.

"It's a koala corsage. They were all the rage in the eighties," Stefan said as he clipped it onto Valencia's shirt.

Valencia took one of Stefan's hands and one of Rebekah's, pulling them to the middle of the dance floor. "Let's dance!"

The three danced for a while before Stefan wandered off, leaving Valencia and Rebekah by themselves. Valencia was hitting a balloon trying to keep it from hitting the floor while Rebekah was kicking at the balloons and twirling around. Stefan walked back into the gym with a bottle of alcohol. "It's amazing what you can find stashed away in the teachers' lounge."

"This song is not as terrible as the other ones," Rebekah said.

"Hey! Quit hating on my favorite songs!" Valencia scolded.

"What's going on with you? You're...fun tonight," Rebekah said to Stefan.

"I can't listen to this music without thinking of my best friend, Lexi. We spent most of the eighties together. I remember this one time she snuck us backstage and compelled half the band to do tequila shots with us before the show. She was fearless. You would've liked her," Stefan said with a smile as he thought about Lexi. His eyes held a sadness though as he remembered the night she died.

Valencia smiled sadly at Stefan knowing how much he missed Lexi. The stories Stefan told her about Lexi always made Valencia smile too. She wished she could've gotten to know the girl who pulled Stefan out of the darkness. Via went to lace their fingers together to offer some sort of comfort but remembered that they weren't together anymore and kept her hand by her side.

"That look right there? That is why I don't let myself care," Rebekah said.

"You can say that all you want but we know that it's not true. You care, Rebekah, and you can't convince us otherwise. Not when you jumped into the river to save me from dying even though that meant Alaric would live and continue to hunt you and your family down. Someone who doesn't care wouldn't put someone else's life above their own," Valencia told her friend.

Rebekah sighed, "Life would be so much easier if I didn't care."

"But would it be a life well lived? Caring about no one and with no one caring about you?" Valencia asked.

The blonde Original opened her mouth to speak but a balloon popped from behind them causing Valencia and Stefan to flinch. Rebekah joked, "Don't worry. I'll protect you two if Kol tracks his way to this abandoned dance." She pulled down her leg warmer to reveal the dagger that Klaus wanted. She then noticed the music had stopped and said, "I think I'll choose the next song."

Stefan came up with an idea and stopped her, "No, you know what? I have a better idea."

He led the two blondes into the hallways before running and sliding down the hallway. Valencia smiled, knowing what he was doing. Via took her heels off before running and then sliding down the hallway. She laughed, it was nice to do something normal and fun.

"Is there a reason you two are sliding down the hallway?" Rebekah asked.

"The characters in the movie The Breakfast Club do this as they run from their principal. It's a really good movie, we'll have to watch it at our next sleepover. I think you'll like it and if you don't we can always watch the Titanic," Valencia explained.

Rebekah shook her head before running and trying to slide but it didn't work which made her huff. "This is ridiculous."

"Well, that's the whole point of The Breakfast Club slide. It's supposed to be ridiculous," Stefan said.

Rebekah slid using vampire speed but Valencia shook her head and said, "Hey! That's cheating. Do it again without vamp-speeding."

Rebekah scoffed, "What is fun about hurtling down a hallway like a teenage imbecile?"

Stefan shrugged, "You're just gonna have to do it to find out."

Rebekah sighed before she turned and tried again, but it didn't work again. Valencia laughed, "Take off your shoes. Your socks will help you slide."

Rebekah took off her shoes and put the dagger in one of them before trying The Breakfast Club slide again. This time she did it and Valencia cheered, "Yay! You did it! Was it fun? Be honest."

"Yes, it was fun," Rebekah admitted with a smile. Her smile soon dropped though and she made her way over to her shoes. She took the dagger out before she walked over to Valencia and handed it to her. "You're right. I do care. I want stupid koala corsages and a prom. I want to have kids with someone who loves me enough to stand outside my window with a stupid boombox. I want to be human. So give the dagger to Klaus and let him put Kol down. Let's go find the cure."

"Are you sure about this? If you don't want to, I'll understand," Valencia said.

"I'm sure. I want the cure and I know that you two do as well. If this is the way to get it then I'm okay with it," Rebekah assured Valencia.

"Come on. Let's go home," Stefan told the two.

Valencia linked her arm with Rebekah's as they walked out of the school. They had one thing on their minds, finding the cure. They wanted nothing more than to become human again and all they needed was for Jeremy to complete his hunter's mark. Little did they know that as they drove to Rebekah's house, Jeremy had killed Kol and completed his mark. Their dreams to become human were closer than ever, but something would go wrong like usual.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 81 8
𝘢𝘱𝘰𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘺𝘱𝘴𝘦 "𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘭𝘪𝘱𝘴 𝘮𝘺 𝘭𝘪𝘱𝘴 𝘢𝘱𝘰𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘺𝘱𝘦𝘴"
282K 1.9K 47
Includes: Elena Gilbert Damon Salvatore Stefan Salvatore Bonnie Bennett Caroline Forbes Katherine Pierce
226K 4.8K 53
Two brothers One girl. Sounds a lot like Katherine Pierce right? The only difference is that Kyra Mikaelson showed up in 1862 and fell in love with S...
158K 2.9K 75
𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐫𝐚 𝐆𝐢𝐥𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐭. Elena and Jeremy's older sister, who went to Europe after graduation and left a small, remote town behind. But wha...