Unexpected Love [Kawasumi]

By Kunai_san

After 4 years of living together, Kawaki began to feel "something more" towards Sumire. At first, the girl sh... More

Author's note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Special
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13

Chapter 7

199 8 7
By Kunai_san

Kawaki's POV:

There was a really heavy atmosphere that I could feel all over my body - as well as the streams of my own blood. I felt it flowing down my arm and it was accompanied by unimaginable pain. I dug the blade in way too deep, and my self-regeneration ability had trouble healing it. Fuck, I thought I was going to faint from the pain. But I couldn't, not now - trying to hide it, I looked Eida straight in the face, with a serious face. She can't think I'm bluffing, otherwise all my effort will be wasted - and therefore she can hurt Sumire. This is probably the last thing, wait, what am I saying, I wouldn't want this to happen at all. She is too sweet and kind, even to Eida. I would never forgive myself if she was hurt because of me. Slowly, my legs began to buckle under their own weight and my hands began to shake. I must have lost a lot of blood if this was happening. Despite this, I still managed to hide all this pain and suffering from her, effectively putting Eida in a really difficult situation. She don't want me to die no matter what, so even if I'm not serious, she can't be sure about my next move. Honestly, if this were a different situation, I would take the opportunity to take my life with honor. Fucking hell, what am I even saying?

Eida looked at me with cold and unfeeling eyes, carefully watching the blade at my throat. Despite the lack of emotion on her face, I was sure she cared. Why would she give up working with Code for me? Or change everyone's memories? The answer is simple, because he "loves" me. She won't let me die, even if I really wanted to. I knew it, that's why I used it.

- After everything I've done for you, you still defend her?

- What the hell is wrong with you? I'm not befending her without a reason.

- A reason? - she asked, with a damn creepy expression pn her face.

- Sumire didn't do anything wrong, you should be punishing me.

- Is that so?

- I'll say it for the last time Eida, PUT   HER   DOWN.

She knows very well that she doesn't mess with me, and everything I say is serious - that's why she can't underestimate me. After a very fucking stressing while, Eida finally let go Sumire's throat. Damn, a stone fell from my heart. Sumire was safe. I deactivated my modified arm (or rather, prosthetic arm), and I no longer had the blade at my throat. Eida looked mad, but let her be angry if she wants, I really don't care as long as she doesn't hurt people important to me. Speaking of which, Sumire fell to her knees, holding her throat with both hands while breathing deeply. She was shaken and probably terrified of what Eida had done. She didn't deserve to be treated like this, and honestly, this situation made me hate Eida even more. After a moment, she looked at me with a look of pure concern. It's probably my shoulder. However, she didn't even take a step closer, she just continued to sit on the floor - watching us in detail. What was surprising to me was that she actually spoke to Eida at all.

- Eida-san, I'm really sorry.

That made me furious. Eida is the one who should apolagize, not her. I didn't said a word.

- Now you have a chance to explain yourself. Maybe I'll even forgive you, Kakei.

- I don't know what you saw, but I can swear to you, Eida-san, that I didn't want this situation to happen. I'm your friend, and out of pure loyalty, I would never try to "take" Kawaki away from you. You know very well that I love Boruto. I'm so sorry for making you tought that I betrayed you.

"I love Boruto" - fuck, it hurt so much. I don't even know why, I asked her about it myself. So why does it hurt so much?

- I see... - Eida said, looking suprised at her - I saw how you kissed her, Kawaki. Why did you did that?

- I don't know.

- You..  don't know?

- I really don't know. It's  fucking stupid, so I won't explain it.

- Are you tricking me now? It's really not funny, Kawaki.

- I'm -

I felt terrible pain. I guess that's when all the adrenaline left me, and that made my arm hurt even more. I gritted my teeth and started pressing the wound with my other hand - I don't know if it helped. In any case, our conversation was cut short, as was my consciousness. My head hurt and I felt weak. I didn't even realize when I fell to my knees and then to the floor. There was a whistling noise in my ears that made me unable to distinguish any sounds - causing a terrible headache. My eyelids were getting so damn heavy. I remember someone rolled me onto my back and started shaking me to shake myself awake. It was too late, the last thing I saw before I lost consciousness was a terrified and worried Sumire.

Holy shit, It hurts so much.

-------------------------------
When I opened my eyes I saw nothing, only darkness. I lay in the dark, with no ground beneath me. I got to my feet and looked around. Still nothing. What is this place? Suddenly I heard a very familiar voice. The voice of someone very important to me. I immediately gathered myself and ran after the sound. It's stupid and irresponsible, but I just had to, I had to run. Something forced me to do this, but what? I ran faster and faster, reaching the limit of my sprint - until the darkness around me began to fade and the nothingness around me transformed into a bright, warm light. In front of me I saw a figure standing with his back turned towards me. With each step I took, I saw more details - this figure was not alone. There were six of them in total, and one was lying on the ground while the other five were kneeling over him. Even though I ran as fast as I could, they were still too far away from me.

- Kawaki! Kawaki!

They were screaming my name, why? One of the figures suddenly rushed at the lying figure, hugging him, and the other one next to him started stroking his back. The others turned their heads in opposite directions. I kept hearing them calling my name. I got closer and finally recognized the person hugging the lying figure - Sumire. I was the only one I recognized out of the six. Besides, the one voice calling me was hers, why is she doing this? She cried, calling for me. I wanted to run, run faster. Relieve her suffering. I couldn't, they were getting further and further away from me, as if I was the one getting further away with each passing moment. Despite this, the voice was getting louder, still repeating my name. What the hell?!

I started to recognize other characters. Two of them had blonde hair and the next two had dark navy blue hair. Besides, the surroundings became more familiar to me. It was still backlit and blurred, but I could assume it was Konoha, the area around the Kage's Stone Faces. I still couldn't guess who was laying on the ground. Sumire's cries were getting louder and louder, and real, just like the voice calling to me. I was pissed because even though I sprinted, I couldn't reach her. Suddenly everything became familiar - two figures, it was definitely the Seventh's wife - Hinata, and the other figure... The Seventh?! and Himawari?! What is it about?! Only the two remaining figures were still blurred - the second one with blonde hair, and the one lying down. Their voices called my name louder and louder. I don't know how, but I forced my legs to run faster, and I did. I was closer to them with every step. I wanted to see them, I wanted to see them so desperately. I finally made it. We were a few meters apart and I called out:

- I'm here! Seventh! Hima!

They couldn't hear me. The voice calling to me stopped, and all I could hear was their cries. Why were they doing this? What is it about? I stopped, standing maybe two meters away from them, observing them carefully.

- Wake up, Kawaki! Wake up! - the Seventh yelled.

- I'm awake! Can't you fucking see?! I'm here!

- Wake up! - Himawari screamed.

- But I'm awake!

- Wake up, please! Kawaki, I am begging you! Wake up!

- But I AM HERE Sumire! Behind you!

- Kawaki, wake up!

Why are they calling me to wake up? I'm next to them... can't they see me? Why? Whore! WHY DON'T THEY ANSWER ME?!

I'M NOT FUCKING SLEEPING!

Sumire was still crying, holding the hand of the fallen figure. She had her head on the person's chest, covering their face. Who is this?! Why is she doing this?! She looked devastated, bursting into tears as if she had lost everything. I watched it in silence. The seventh also seemed... empty. Hinata did too, but shed a few tears. Himawari was crying too, hugging the blonde haired person next to her. For some reason, I felt... like I knew him. When I stepped closer and placed my hand on his shoulder, I knew - but before I could say his name, the ground beneath my feet crumbled and I began to fall down. I heared this voice calling my name again.

I screamed.

TO BE CONTINUED

----------------------
(1632 words)

Yeah, this chapter is shorter but I didn't had time AND I wanted this to end earlier ;)

Thank's for reading! ♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.4K 243 32
How does it feel when the person, you spent your whole childhood with, betrayed you. The person who promised to be your right hand in future when you...
39.5K 881 39
! made by me ! sarada returns to konoha after 2 years of living in the u.s. she missed everything at konoha. her best friends, to her one and only b...
139K 1.9K 37
Boruto Uzumaki and Sarada Uchiha are now 18 years old and best friends ever since the Chuunin Exams. Boruto had been doing well in the recent years...
43.3K 1.1K 10
"Hey! Hey! Boruto-kun! You have known Sarada-san for the longest time, right?" "Yeah...so, what about it?" "Do you think too that she has gotten even...