UNLIKELY MATCH | HEESEUNG

By bluejayyyn

❝You're infuriating, you know that? But damn if the rebellion isn't seductive.❞ More

1 - Boss From Hell
2 - Sleek Black Intruder
3 - Best Night Ever
4 - Pathological People Pleaser
5 - The Business Proposal
6 - Cat-astrophic Encounters
7 - The Fine Print
8 - Perfume Paradox
9 - Slow Pit Stops
10 - His Kind Of Woman
11 - Beach Photoshoot
12 - Like A Blade Through Silk
13 - Confrontations
14 - 3 AM Talk
15 - Nobody Knows
16 - On Thin Ice
17 - Sunshine Through Clouds
18 - All Too Much
19 - Play Dirty
20 - Free Falling Into You
21 - Reckless Desires
23 - Not A Damn Thing
24 - Not A Fool After All
25 - Racing Against the Odds
26 - Blood & Silk
27 - Fragments Of Us
28 - Still Waters Run Deep
29 - Between Races & Romance
30 - A Mother's First Sin
31 - Because Silence Stings
32 - Breathing Broken Things
33 - Not Saying It's Not My Fault
34 - Twist The Knife
35 - Back To Her
36 - Beyond Hurt
37 - The Edge Of The Cliff
38 - Choosing Her
39 - Temporary Placeholder
40 - Lose Everything
41 - Arms of Another
42 - I Died On The Altar
43 - Shards of a Champion's Heart
44 - A Bitter Homecoming
45 - Tokyo Belongs To Me
46 - Daughter Of Deceit
47 - Beneath the Checkered Flag

22 - Smooth Operator

1.9K 136 109
By bluejayyyn

SENA'S POV

"He did what?" Steph's voice almost pokes holes in my eardrums when I tell her about what Heeseung had done. I don't tell her about how I kissed him or about how we spent the rest of the night cuddling on the couch as if we're two lovers who cannot get enough of each other. In a way, I feel guilty for not telling Steph the whole truth. She's my best friend, and I know she will support me no matter what. But there's a part of me that wants to keep this new connection with Heeseung just between us, at least for now. Maybe it's because I'm scared of what it might mean, or maybe it's because I want to enjoy this moment before it gets complicated. "He requested a dress for you?"

A dress that probably costs more than my entire wardrobe, of all things. I wasn't very sure about letting him take care of things when he said he wanted to do something nice for me, but he really meant everything he said. Both Steph and I stare at the emerald green dress that he had sent over, and it's breathtaking. It looks like it was made for a princess, and the thought makes my heart flutter. Heeseung really knows how to sweep a girl off her feet. 

It's hard to wrap my head around it when Ujin never once went out of his way and planned anything special for me. He's out there betraying me and my fake fiancé is... doing all of this. It's not just about the dress, though. It's about the way he looks at me, the way he makes me feel like I'm the most important person in the world. It's about everything he does that shows me he cares, even when he doesn't have to. And as much as I try to deny it, there's a part of me that wants more of this, that wants more of Heeseung.

"Yeah, he did," I nod, a small smile tugging at the corners of my lips. "I don't know what to make of it, honestly."

Steph lets out a low whistle. "Well, damn. What I'd make of it is that this Heeseung guy is clearly into you. I mean, come on, requesting a dress that only exists in the dreams of most people? That's some next-level effort. That's not just being a good friend, Senny." I look at her and she looks at me and for a while, no one says a word. "Ujin never even bothered to remember your favorite color or your birthday. See? See what I've been talking about?"

I gulp. "Actually, about Ujin..." All I have to do is utter the words but even that feels so damn hard to do. I can't bring myself to say it out loud but when Steph folds her arms over her chest and frowns, I know she already has an idea about what I'm about to say. "He cheated on me, Steph," I finally admit, the words heavy on my tongue. 

She doesn't say anything, just stares at me for a while before her eyes widen. "That son of a bitch," She practically growls, her voice filled with righteous anger. "I always knew he was bad news, but I never thought he'd stoop this low. I mean, damn, Sena. How do you know?" 

"I saw him kissing and hugging Hana." The way Steph's eyes widen even more and she puts a hand over her mouth makes me realize just how much the situation is insane. I'm only starting to understand just how wrong it is. "She really took copying me literally." I let out a humorless laugh and look down at my fidgeting fingers. I cried all my tears yesterday in Heeseung's arms and promised him I wouldn't cry again because of an asshole who doesn't deserve it. But recounting the betrayal still stings.

"Holy shit, Sena," She says, stands up and starts pacing back and forth in front of me. "Holy crap. I can't believe he would do that to you. After all this time, all the things you've done for him, and he goes and pulls this crap? Unbelievable." Her hands gesture wildly and her voice rises with each word. Her fists clench and she looks like she's about to punch something and I know, I get it, I too don't know what to do with all that anger and hurt inside me. I've never seen her like this before, and it's both comforting and terrifying at the same time.

"Yeah," I mumble, feeling a lump forming in my throat. "I can't believe it either. I thought we had something... real." 

Steph stops pacing and looks at me, her expression softening. She walks over and sits back down, taking my hands in hers. "You did have something real, Sena. But it takes two people to make a relationship work and that motherfucker clearly wasn't willing to put in the effort. He doesn't deserve you, Sena. You're too good for him."

"I know." I really do, and it's the first step to healing and moving on. But it doesn't make the pain go away, doesn't make the betrayal hurt any less because when you put your trust and love into someone, it's crushing to realize they didn't value it as much as you did. "I haven't confronted him about it yet, though. He's been calling nonstop." 

"Just let me find him and I promise, Sena, I promise I will break his fucking jaw." I smile a little at that. Steph and Heeseung are surprisingly so alike when it comes to protecting me. It's like having two fierce guardians by my side, ready to defend me against any threat, even if that threat happens to be the person I thought I loved. The thought is very, very comforting. 

"I wish we could do that but he knows Heeseung and I are not a real thing and he can use that against us. I don't want to give him any more ammunition to use against me." I sigh and wrap my arms around my legs, pulling them closer to me. 

"Sena, trust me, the pictures of you and Heeseung on social media scream couple goals, not fake couple. Everyone already thinks you two are a real thing. Besides, even if he tries to use that against you, who cares? You have Heeseung by your side, and from what you've told me, he's more than willing to stand up for you." Steph's words make sense, but the fear of Ujin using anything against me still lingers. "And I'm here for you, too. I'm a petty bitch and I'm still upset about the fact that Hana chose to wear the same heels as the ones I chose and styled for you so I'm planning on making her regret it. Seriously, Sena, I get that she can never be you but enough is enough. She needs to fucking learn her place."

I can't help but chuckle at that, and honestly, I'm not going to stop her. I am going to teach Hana a lesson and I'm going to enjoy it. "I don't know what I'd do without you."

"Probably mope around and listen to sad songs all day, or binge-watch cheesy romantic comedies while drowning in ice cream," Gosh, I love her humor. 

"Maybe both," I reply with a smile, feeling a little lighter than before. "But seriously, thank you for dragging me out of that pit of despair." I love how I can be so open and honest with Steph, how she understands me without judgment and always has my back no matter what. Yejin might be my big sister but Steph is the one person I turn to for everything, the one who knows all my secrets and still loves me unconditionally. She's been there through thick and thin, through my highest highs and lowest lows, and I know I can always count on her. 

"Anytime, Senny. Anytime. Now come on, let's get you ready for tonight." And with that, the two of us busy ourselves with getting ready for the event. After hours and hours of makeup and hair and playing dress up in front of my mirror, I'm wearing the emerald green dress that Heeseung got me and it's absolutely stunning. It hugs my curves in all the right places and it feels like a dream to wear. Like the perfect fit for a princess who's about to attend the most enchanting ball of her life.

I'm no longer a heartbroken girl. I'm a heartbroken girl with a perfect dress that was requested for me by my fake fiancé, the man who's supposed to be nothing more than a business arrangement but somehow makes me feel more alive than I have in a long time. I'm a woman who will make anyone who dares to underestimate her get on their motherfucking knees. 

"You look like a goddess, Senny," Steph exclaims, clapping her hands together. She insists on taking a million pictures of me from every angle and I pose for her, eager to post the pictures and see people's reactions. I twirl, the dress's skirt flowing against my legs and around me like a pool of emerald silk. Steph is right - I do feel like a goddess. "Okay, we're ready. Everything is ready, you'll have to wait for-"

On cue, my doorbell rings and I turn towards the door, my heart pounding inside my chest. When I walk to the door and open it with trembling hands and a stomach filled with fluttering butterflies, the sight of Heeseung meet me, standing at the doorway, looking so handsome it's so hard to tear my gaze off him. I've seen him in suits in photoshoots for luxury brands, I've seen him in his racing gear, but seeing him dressed up like this, for me, it's a whole different level of breathtaking. He's wearing a black suit and it suits him perfectly, framing his strong shoulders and lean physique. The gentle breeze plays with his hair and he looks so beautiful, like the moon when it's at its fullest and brightest in the night sky. Like the most beautiful piece of art in a museum and the most beautiful poem you've heard in a lifetime. 

"You... wow," He breathes out, his gaze sweeping over me, and I feel a blush creeping up my cheeks at his compliment. He looks at me the way one would look at a dream come true. It's a look that makes my heart race and my knees weak, and for a moment, I forget how to breathe. "I mean, I knew the dress would look amazing on you, but holy fuck, seeing you in it... you're breathtaking."

"Thank you," Butterflies. Butterflies. Butterflies. "You matched your tie to my dress." 

"And I got you flowers." He says and only then do I realize that he's been holding a bouquet behind his back this whole time. He pulls it forward and my breath catches in my throat at the sight of them. I can't help but smile even wider. "I thought they would go well with your dress."

"Oh, Heeseung," As he hands me the bouquet, I try to stop the tears that prick at the corners of my eyes and manage a shaky laugh instead. "They're beautiful. Thank you so much."

"I didn't think it would make you cry," I watch as he reaches to cup my cheeks and his thumb gently wipes away a tear that escaped my eye. His touch is so gentle, so comforting, and I lean into it without even realizing it.  "I'm sorry if I made you emotional."

"It's okay," I manage to choke out, smiling like a fool in love. "They're happy tears, I promise." And they are.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

187K 7.3K 53
Sunoo feels like a third wheel at the carnival however, he comes across a familiar face, how would they impact his life? ⚠️ Warning ⚠️ : My grammar i...
2.5K 138 11
♡... 𝖠𝗇 𝗂𝗇𝗍𝖾𝗇𝗌𝖾 𝖺𝗇 𝖿𝗈𝗋𝖻𝗂𝖽𝖽𝖾𝗇 𝗅𝗈𝗏𝖾 𝗂𝗌 𝗐𝗈𝗄𝖾𝗇 𝖻𝖾𝗍𝗐𝖾𝖾𝗇 𝖠𝗆𝖾𝗅𝗂𝖺 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖧𝖾𝖾𝗌𝖾𝗎𝗇𝗀, 𝗁𝖾𝗋 𝖻𝗋𝗈𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋'...
75.6K 3.6K 26
❝𝙃𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙤, 911 𝙘𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜. 𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙄 𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙥 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝?❞ ❝𝙃𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙤?...❞ 𝘈 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘳𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘨-𝘢𝘥𝘶𝘭𝘵 𝘳𝘰𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘴...
449K 24.5K 38
"𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝘄𝗲 𝗺𝗲𝘁, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗻𝗲𝗮𝗿𝗹𝘆 𝗰𝗿𝗮𝘀𝗵𝗲𝗱 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗼 𝗺𝗲 𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗿𝗼𝗮𝗱." --- 𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗘𝗘𝗧 𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗘𝗥 𝗔𝗨 ☺︎