to the finish line || ollie b...

נכתב על ידי isabell4xo

angel's journey to formula 1 is almost completed, but it has been anything but easy. being the only girl in f... עוד

book playlist
character introductions
part 1
part 2
part 3
part 5
part 6
part 7
part 8
part 9
part 10
part 11
part 12
part 13
part 14
part 15
part 16
part 17
part 18
part 19
part 20
part 21
part 22
part 23
part 24
part 25
part 26
part 27
part 28
part 29
part 30
part 31
part 32
part 33
part 34
part 35
part 36:
part 37
part 38
part 39
part 40
part 41
part 42
part 43
part 44
part 45
part 46
part 47
part 48
part 49
part 50
part 51
part 52
part 53
part 54
part 55
part 56
part 57
part 58
part 59
part 60
part 61

part 4

384 6 3
נכתב על ידי isabell4xo

2 hours later...

i was watching qualifying whilst sitting on the pit wall next to mike krack, the aston martin team principle. i had on a pair of headphones and was listening to all the engineers around me talking strategies and how the drivers could try to improve lap times.

i was so focused on understanding what i was being told, that i didn't notice the camera filming me for the live broadcast.

once qualifying had finished, i head back into the garage and do some data analysis with the other aston martin workers . alonso was p8 for the race the next day, and lance p12.

i was in the garage for nearly two hours, i loved aston martin. the people there were amazing. and they loved me too.

"hey angel!" fernando says, as he stops to talk to me.

"nando! great quali session today."

"thank you! congratulations on your race today, me and lance watched it."

"really?"

"of course, do you know which two drivers were fighting after?" he asks, and i look at him shocked.

"i'm sorry?" i ask, shocked that he knew.

"we could see two drivers sort of fighting , do you know what happened?"

"oh right, yeah. i don't know sorry." i say.

"ah, too bad i love some drama. are you on your way out?" i swear every driver loves gossip or something.

"yeah, back to art gp."

"see you tomorrow then."

i wave goodbye and leave the f1 paddock to get to art gp.

once i arrive, i grab my laptop and headphones from my driver room and head straight to the main garage to analyse data.

before i knew it, it was 8 at night and i was the only one still there. i wasn't tired because i had about 2 coffees since i had arrived. don't let anyone find out.

even so, i decided to go back to the hotel because i knew my energy would crash soon.

as i walk out of the garage, i see a familiar red shirt. bearman

he sees me immediately and walks over to me, waving. i wave back gently as he approaches me.

"angel, why are you still here?" he asks

"i lost track of time whilst working. you?"

"fell asleep, do you want to drive back with me? i have a taxi waiting." he offers.

"yes, thanks. when did kimi leave?" i ask, walking alongside ollie.

"maybe three hours ago, has he not messaged you?"

"i've had my phone off all day pretty much."

"it does get hectic on a race weekend, especially for you." he says, laughing a little.

"what do you mean?"

"you and zane."

"don't even say his name." i say, playfully rolling my eyes.

"careful, your eyes might get stuck like that." ollie jokes, which i once again roll my eyes to.

"what did he say to you? i mean you don't seem like the sort of person to do that for nothing." ollie carries on.

"just that i don't understand racing, and i could tell he was gonna say something else.

"then im 100% with you. your an amazing driver." ollie says, whilst opening the taxi door for me.

i thank him and sit down.

"some people just don't understand that, how did you find out though?"

"he came to speak to kimi, and i sort of overhead. sorry." he says

"it's fine, i'm just glad that no-one else knows. well, i hope he hadn't told anyone else."

"i know zane, he wouldn't do that."

"that's a good thing. good luck in the race tomorrow by the way."

"thank you, i'm honestly so nervous to start on pole."

"don't be, your a great driver."

"you really think so?"

"i wouldn't have looked up to you last year if i didn't." i say, blushing a little but looking down to hide it.

"you watched me last year?" he asks, blushing a little.

"yes, i thought you were a great driver, someone to be like."

"im honoured." ollie says.

you both talk for the rest of the journey back to the hotel about everything except racing. like how pasta was a top tier food and nothing would ever beat it.

he even walks you to your hotel door.

"thank you for letting me drive with you ollie." i say, going on my toes to hug him. he was so so so tall.

"no problem, ill see you tomorrow yeah?" he asks, leaning down to hug me back.

"of course, goodnight."

"sleep well." he replies as i shut the hotel door behind me.

as soon as i turn around, kimi was stood in front of me.

(italian)

"well?" he asks.

"give me a few minutes." i say, slipping past him and walking to me room.

"you have 5 minutes before you explain to me what happened!" he shouts after you.

i change into some comfier clothes before walking back out and sitting down beside kimi on the sofa.

(outfit below)

"why did zane maloney come up to me and tell me to keep my sister in order?" kimi asks you.

"well first of all, it shouldn't be up to you to keep me in order."

"yes, i know that silly. but still what happened lina."

i tell kimi everything that happened, and his facial expressions changed a lot during those few minutes.

"so?" i ask after i was done.

"next time, punch him." kimi says.

"really?"

"100% that little dick had no right to say that. i've seen replays of you both and you were being a normal driver."

"thank you kimi!" i say, leaning back.

"does anyone know?"

"well alonso asked me if i knew who it was because they showed two people argueing. thankfully you can't tell who."

"that's good, but will he tell?"

"ollie says he won't."

"when did you speak to ollie?" he asks confused

"he was leaving at the same time as me and we drove back together."

"ah he finally woke up then." kimi says laughing.

"im gonna go for a run." i say, getting up from my seat.

"okay, stay safe."

i walk back into my room and change into some running clothes. i realise now there was no point in changing into my pajamas.

(outfit below)

i wave goodbye to kimi before leaving the hotel room, and before long the hotel. i had no clue where i was running too, i was kind of just running.

running was one of my favourite things ever.

i put my airpods in, and hit play on my playlist and start to run.

playing " middle of the night" by ellie duhé

30 minutes into my run, i decide to stop because it was getting really dark. i stop to take a little break before going to run back, when people start coming up to me.

at first, it was only a few people. maybe 4? then the rest came. soon enough, i was surrounded by maybe 80 people? they were all wsking for photos and autographs.

i could feel my heart beating faster, and as more people came, it was getting harder to breath.

"can everyone please give me some space?" i stutter, trying to get out of the crowd.

i failed, miserably.

"can everyone give her some fucking space?" some shouts.

|| authors note ~ whose it gonna be??

hope you all enjoyed 🫶🏼

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

465K 31.5K 47
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
28.9K 636 21
"racing hearts and hockey pucks" is a heartwarming and exhilarating novel about the unexpected connection between two young athletes from different w...
648K 32.5K 60
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...
245K 11.2K 21
A rumor about Beomgyu's sexuality spreads around school after a suspicious photo is put online. Taehyun is hoping that it is more than just a rumor...