The Boy With The Blue Lamborg...

By DivineCollision

Here we have Shay Dennis: the witty, emotional damaged, shy, good girl. Once her and her dis-attached mother... More

The Boy With The Blue Lamborghini
Life After Dark
Curiosity Killed The Cat
Spoiled Bastard
The Perfect Mistake
Falling Into The Sky
Am I More Than You Bargained For?
Show Me What I'm Looking For
Mess Up!!!!
Part II
Wanderlust
What Does Your Heart Beat For?
Wild For The Night
TKO
Definition of A Rider
U.N.I.
Numb
Just A Taste
Long Live The Sexual Vixen
Viva La Vida
Burn
You Say You A Gangsta
Fifty Shades Darker
Killing Me Softly
Throwing Stones At A Glasshouse
Fire In The Water
Holding You Down
Darkest Before The Dawn
Damaged Goods
His Happiness/Her Dismay
*MUST READ* BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!!! Not update sorry guys :(
Resolution
Important!!!! READ ME!!!!
THE REWRITE IS OUT NOW!

All Or Nothing

10.6K 304 141
By DivineCollision

Two Months Later

I was relived once I finally was discharged from the hospital. I couldn't deal with my mother being so close. As well as I hated seeing Bryce's face whenever he came to see me. Hearing the truth about my mom's past it hardly changed the way I see her. For all I know she could have been lying; it wouldn't surprise me if she was. When it came to her there was always more to the story than she was willing to tell.

She probably expected it to repair our broken relationship. But the damage was already done there wasn't anything left to repair. I appreciate her for telling me the truth, but it was time for me to move forward with my life. She tried desperately to get me back into the house. But nothing stuck for me to stay long. Today I would be free of her officially.

Today the ocean was the purest shade of blue stretching towards the horizon. Ripples flowing towards the shore eventually breaking into a white foam before it retreats back into the ocean. The smell of saltwater filled the air. The water was cooling against my bare feet. I've been out here everyday since I've been out of the hospital. It calmed me, besides I wasn't able to really go anywhere else.  Bryce wouldn't let me out of his sight. Not that I was complaining about it either.

I never asked about the details of Raymond. When I first asked Bryce about it he just simply said that he was on a permanent vacation. And I knew exactly what he meant by it. The bastard had it coming nevertheless. No one's heard a thing about Gwen. Bitch probably got scared and ran off alongside Terrell.

Without all the chaos that flooded Bryce and I emerged a new side of him. I've never seen him so relaxed and carefree before. He looked like he was coming to peace with his personal demons. And I couldn't be happier for him. 

A pair of arms wrapped around my waist, startling me. I crane my neck around to see Bryce nuzzling himself into the crook on my neck. A smile slowly appeared on my face when his lips began to kiss along my skin. I instantly relaxed into his warmth as I always did. It had became natural for me.

"Happy birthday Bambi,"

Yep, today was my eighteenth birthday. The day that the shackles are cut off and I could more forward with the one person I couldn't see myself without. The future was looking up for us and I wasn't about to let anyone else get in the way of that. 

"Thanks babe." I replied.

"How does it feel to be finally legal?" he asked spinning me around in his arms. 

I shrugged. "That doesn't matter to me. As long as I got you, I'm good."

"You're something else Shay." He smiled down at me before scooping in for a quick kiss. "I have something for you."

I raised an eyebrow at him. "You do?"

He nodded. "I know you said you didn't want any presents but what kind of man would I be if I didn't get my girl anything for her birthday? Now come on."

Well said Bryce.

Pulling away from our embrace to only grasp my hand. I followed behind him towards the massive garage. Before we entered the garage Bryce turned and looked at me. "You're gonna have to close your eyes." he stated.  

 I raised an eyebrow at him. "And why's that?"

He rolled his eyes. "Save your sass until after you see what I got you."

"Fine." I signed closing my eyes. Bryce kept my hand firmly in his. There was a bit of shuffling on his part. Bryce had always been the type of guy to be full of surprises. As much I hated surprises I was growing to like them with him. He always kept me on my toes, never a dull moment.

"Okay," he muttered. "Open."

I opened my eyes and took in the sight before me. Bryce kneeling steadily on one knee looking up at me with those beautiful eyes, watching me passionately. His hand was still in mine and in the other hand was a black velvet box. Oh shit...this isn't what I think it is? No, it can't be. We've only been dating for a short time and we were so young! I'm not ready to be a wife! Yes, I love Bryce with all my heart but this was just moving way too fast to my liking.

A smile appeared onto his lips. "Calm down Bambi." he always saw right through me. I was always his open book. "Just go along with it, okay?"

"Shay, I know I haven't been the best man I could be for you the last couple of months. And I'm sorry for that. Things have been hard for me as you already know. I didn't know who to trust, who to believe. Having your family torn apart can do that to you. They are as fucked up and dysfunctional as they probably come but they were all I had. Once everything you've loved and held close to you is gone in a blink of an eye that shit can make anyone closed off and paranoid. I was empty inside dealing with shit the only way I knew how to. Everything that went down with you was on me. And I regret it everyday."

"Byrce-"

He shook his head. "I know what you're going to say babe. Right now I gotta let this all out for you to hear."

I nodded. "Okay."

"Despite all the negative, you gave me a new purpose Shay. For a long time it was just me and here you come all smiles and unicorns. You were there by my side throughout it all and you still are. You've given me nothing but your love and kindness even when I didn't deserve it. And for that I am truly grateful. You've accepted me for who I am, fucked up ways and all. Filling a void that I wasn't even aware of. I am thankful for everyday I wake up and there you are right next to me. Crazy bed hair and morning breath and all. I wouldn't have it either way." I scoffed earning a chuckle from him. "And there's nothing that I want to do more than give you the world you deserve. Starting now."

Words failed me as I watched him slowly open up the black velvet box. Inside was a beautiful...key? What in the hell? I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding in. Bryce remained kneeling with an amusing grin on his face. "You need your own vehicle now. Since you're now a licensed driver. And you're not as shitty of driver it was time for one."

My jaw dropped. Unbelievable, leave it to Bryce to pull a stunt like this. "I thought that you were-"

"Going to propose? Nah baby." he chuckled standing up to his full height. "That'll come along sooner than later. Don't think right now is the right time."

I smiled as I slapped his arm. "Don't play with my emotions like that!"

He just smiled at me. "I was trying to do a romantic gesture." he defended.

Slapping him again this time on this chest. "You don't put a set of car keys in a goddamn ring box idiot!"

"Now, there's no need for name calling when I just brought you a damn car." his smile getting wider. Those green eyes dancing with amusement. Damn him. Damn him with his stupid handsome face.

I snatched the box out of his hand and stomped over into the garage with him right on my heels. Bryce had gotten rid of a few of his cars since he didn't drive them as much anymore. A grey car was parked beside the infamous Lamborghini. Was that a Ferrari? "You bought me a Ferrari?!" I exclaimed.

Bryce came to stand beside. "Nope. That beauty is mine." he scooped the box out of my hand and clicked the keys. A pair of florescent lights flashed back at us. "That's yours baby."

There on the opposite side of the Lamborghini was a cute little white car. It looked fast and it was perfect. I walked towards it aimlessly. "A Porsche. You bought me a Porsche?!"

He shrugged. "I know a guy who knows a guy. He gave me a good deal on it too."

I ran my finger over the hood, admiring it's beauty. "You make it sound like it's not a big deal."

"Because it's not." he answered. I sent him a look. "Not like that Bambi. What I mean is buying you something materialistic isn't a big deal. Materials break, be replaced, and forgotten. This car can't amount to everything you've given me. Your love, understanding, and support that is priceless. And I've dealt with people that buying shit for them filled up any leftover gaps. But I've never had to deal with something that's so precious and priceless as what I've received from you. And I don't know how to deal with priceless yet baby."

Bryce's eyes stayed locked onto mine as he stepped over towards me. "This is only the beginning of it all, Bambi. I'm stuck with you just as much as you're stuck with me." grasping my waist he brought me close to his body. "Right now, this is how I can express my love to you."

I smiled up at him. "Bryce you've got it all wrong. I don't need the materialistic. You show me everyday how much I mean to you and how much you love me. And it isn't through buying me lavish and extraordinary gifts either. It's the little things you do that proves it all. Like staying by my side until I was back on my feet, cooking me breakfast, taking me on your boat. All that stuff hit home for me. All this-" I gestured to the glorious Porsche beside us. "-doesn't matter. I would love you even without the luxury that comes along with you."

Bryce stared down at me with a mixed amount of emotions on his face. It was washed away and his lips curved up into a smile. "You always have a thing with words Bambi. Way better than me."

Chuckling I cupped his face in my hands. "Yeah, I guess I do."

His lips crashed down onto mine. I savored the tingles that always came over my body whenever we kissed. This kiss held each of our emotions and feelings for each other. The intensity caused goosebumps on my skin. Bryce pulled away slightly.

"So you don't want the car? I mean I can always sell it."

I rolled my eyes. "No, I think I'll be keeping the car. I think it suits me better than all of your macho mobiles."

He chuckled. "I think it suits you too, it's all tiny and cute. Like you."

"I'm not tiny nor cute."

"Then what are you then?" he pressed.

"I'm averaged sized and pretty, of course." I said matter-of-factly.

"Oh it that right?" he teased right back.

I pouted. "What? Now I'm not pretty?"

Bryce grabbed onto my butt earning a yelp out of me. He licked his lips nearing in my lips again. "No Bambi, you're beautiful." he kissed me briefly. "But you're still tiny. At least to me you are."

"It's not my fault you had a little something extra in your kibbles and bits in the morning when you were a kid." I smiled.

"I ate Frosted Flakes. Get it right babe."

I rolled my eyes at him. "Can I take it my new baby out for a test drive?"

He pulled away. "Of course. It's your car now you don't have to ask me for permission. I'm not your Daddy or anything." he pulled a face then. "Unless we're in the bedroom then feel free to even call me Papi."

I glared at him as I stepped over to the driver's side unlocking the door. "You're disgusting."

Bryce shrugged as he opened the passenger door. "It's not like you were complaining when you getting this Daddy dick."

x x x x

"Why do I have to get all dressed up, again?" I asked as I twirling a piece of my hair around the curling wand.

"Babe," Bryce appeared at the door then. Shirtless, I may add. "Let me do this for you."

I signed releasing my hair. "But what if I'm over dressed for wherever we're going?"

Since it was my eighteenth birthday and all I said 'what the hell' right? I liked getting all dressed up from time to time but I tend to go overboard too. I wore the dress Chanel had bought for me the other day when we were out randomly shopping. She said it was an early birthday gift. The dress was a deep maroon color halter dress. The front dipped low into a 'v' making my boobs look great and my back fully exposed. It stopped right at my knees and the ankle strap black heels I slipped on just seemed to scream overdressed. And a bit... promiscuous.

Bryce's eyes racked over my attire and I could see the desire building in them. "You look gorgeous babe. Who cares if you're overdressed or not. It's your birthday."

"Yeah, you're right."

"Plus if it wasn't for the fact that we have to leave in twenty minutes I would bend you over that counter top and fuck you all types of right."

My thighs clasped together. "Hm..."

He chuckled. "Don't worry. I'll be getting you out of that sexy little red number before you know it."

Can't wait.

x x x x

"This is the second time today you've told me to close my eyes." I signed as Bryce guided me through wherever we were. "I told you Bryce you don't have to get me anything. The car was more than enough. Too much actually. Plus you know I hate surprises."

He chuckled. "I know that's why they're so amusing."

I'm pretty sure if I could see he would be sporting that stupid smirk of his. Taking a deep breath, I just allowed Bryce to do this for me. He was doing this not only because he loves me but because he wants the best for me. Who am I do deny that? We walked in silence for a few more minutes before we came to a stop.

"Can I open my eyes now?"

"Nope," he replied releasing my hand.  "Just one more minute."

I grunted. I could hear Bryce jiggling a set of keys and the opening of a heavy metal door. The anticipation was killing me now. What the hell did he have up his sleeve now? He grasped my hand again and guided me through the door.

"Alright. Open." I snapped my eyes open and gasped. Holy shit. 

"Happy birthday Shay!" the crowd in front of me exclaimed.

Music began playing loudly as I just stood there clasping my chest. Everyone I held dear to me was here. Jay and Chanel were now walking towards me with huge smiles plastered on their faces. Jay was even wearing some ridiculous metallic green party hat and blowing on a party horn. Ant and Tyke were following right behind them. There was so many people here that I didn't really recognize but that was okay. The people that mattered were here for me.

"Happy birthday Princess!" Jay exclaimed picking me up and spinning me around. All while blowing that stupid horn in my ear. "You're legal! Now I don't have to sneak you into the strip club!"

I laughed. "I'm no-"

"Nope! I don't wanna hear all that. You're going and that's the end of it."

Jay put me down on my feet and all I could do was smile stupidly at my best friend. Chanel was next embracing me into a hug. "This is your day Shay! And we're going to live it up even if it kills us. You know how hard it was for me to keep this from you?"

I nodded. "I'm sure." Chanel was a bucket with a huge hole in it. "You planned this?"

She shook her head. "I was just in charge of decorations and whatnot. This was all your man's idea."

Turning to face Bryce he was standing there smiling at me. He looked so damn good in his black leather jacket, white t-shirt, jeans and the plaid shirt tied around his waist.  And that was all mine for the taking. Without even knowing it my lips pulled up into a wide smile. He winked my way and all I could so is smile wider. How did I get this lucky? Ant and Tyke came over and hugged me telling me happy birthday. 

"Thanks you guys." Tears were welling up in my eyes. "I've never had a birthday party before."

Bryce came up beside me wrapping a supportive arm around me. "This means so much to me that I can't even put it into words. You guys are the best friends anybody could ever ask for. I don't know how to even begin thanking you all."

Ant surprised me by patting my head slightly. "You don't have to thank us Shay. Just continue being a great friend to us and that's all we ask for in return."

I hugged him. Ant chuckled and returned the hug. Being filled with all this emotions, I didn't know what else to do but cry and hug. "Don't cry Shay! It's your birthday. Besides you don't want to ruin your make-up." Chanel snickered.

Before I knew it, I was slung over Jay's shoulder and he was running full speed towards the crowd. Both of us laughing the whole way. 

"Let's party bitches!"

x x x x

It would be probably best to say I was semi-borderline-drunk. Tipsy, yeah definitely tipsy. Swaying my hips to the blaring music not an ounce of care in me. This was probably the most fun I've had in a long time-ever. Everyone here was seemingly having a good time. Bryce's front pressed closely into my back his fingers digging into my sides. 

"You having a good time Bambi?" He asked.

"Hell yeah!" I grind my butt up against him. "Though I think it's time for me to unwrap my present."

Bryce frowned for a second. "Huh....oh! You mean...oh yeah I've been waiting all night to get you outta that dress. I'm pretty sure there's a bathroom around here somewhere."

I laughed turning around to wrap my arms around his neck. "I'm not gonna have bathroom sex on my birthday."

"Baby," he groaned. "I'm 99.9% sure that I'm not gonna make it back to the house. And it's definitely not helping with you rubbing your cheeks all on my business either."

I had to laugh at him for that. Alcohol always made Bryce even more hornier than usual. The alcohol probably wasn't helping that I was contemplating the birthday bathroom sex idea.

Someone tapped on my shoulder and the least person I expected was Katrina. She didn't look like the usual bitch that she was.

"Katrina what are you doing here?" Well that sober Bryce on up real quick.

"I'm here to apologize." She said looking directly at me. Apologize? This I'm all ears for.

"Shay, we all I know haven't been the nicest person to you." I scoffed. "And I want to apologize for that. My anger wasn't at you, you just happened to be in the crossfire. It just seemed easier to direct my anger at someone else than to deal with the reality of the situation."

Wow, hell must be freezing over as we speak.

"Um, alright I accept your apology Katrina." Honestly, I didn't know how to respond to this.

She nodded and smiled slightly before turning to Bryce. "B, I know you'll probably never forgive me for what I did and I get that I do. But I just want you to know that I'm sorry for everything that I've put you though. Also, I'm getting  checked into a rehabilitation center in LA and I don't know how long I'll be gone. But I just wanted to get this off my chest before I go."

Bryce clenched his jaw. That wasn't a good sign. "Katrina, you'll forever be my little sis. But what you did right now I can't look past that."

She nodded. "I know and I fully understand."

"But once you get yourself back on track, then we can maybe sit down and talk, yeah?"

Katrina looked like she was about to break out in tears just then. "Yeah, I would love that."

Bryce dis-attached himself from me and went over to embrace his little sister. A smile appeared on both of their faces. I was happy for them they needed one another. They were the only family they had left. Katrina wiped her eyes as they pulled away. Who knew there was a decent person under that bitch armor?

"Oh, I almost forgot." Katrina chuckled. "Happy Birthday Shay."

I smiled at her and did something neither of us were expecting. I actually hugged her. She stiffened at my embrace but slowly relaxed a little. "Thank you. Get better, alright?" I mumbled into her shoulder.

She nodded. "I will. I will."

x x x x x

"Ah! How did you know I needed a new drawing kit?!" I exclaimed.

Ant shrugged his shoulders. "Took a wild guess that's all. It's no big deal Shay."

In the amount of time that I've known Ant he never liked to show his emotions much. But I knew he cared. He sipped on his beer trying to conceal the slight smile growing on his lips. I smiled hopefully he still isn't pissed at me for using him as my baiting ginnie pig. "Well thank you Ant, I really love it."

"You're welcome." he nodded at me.

Tyke had gotten me a new stereo system for my new car as well as promised me he would customize the interior for me. Right now I wasn't too worried about what the inside look like. I was more worried about not crashing the damn thing. Chanel bought be a few new outfits and a gift certificate to a day spa. I was really touched that my friends took the time out to go out and buy me things. Especially when they didn't have to. They truly are my family. 

"Hey, has anybody seen Jay?" I asked looking around the building. I haven't seen him for about a good half hour now.

Chanel shrugged. "If you see him let me know."

Just then the lights shut off as well as the music. What the hell was going on now? A bright spotlight came down over the area that we were sitting at. And there was another one flashing over the entrance.

"Shayla Dennis! I hear it's your eighteenth birthday!"

Where was that voice coming from?

"And what's a birthday party without a little...cake?"

On queue, in rolled in a massive seven tied cake. Who the hell is gonna eat all of that?! It was so big that it had to be rolled in by someone I've never seen before. I looked over at Bryce and he just shrugged. He better not have nothing to do with this. Written right on the front of the cake was 'Happy Birthday Princess!' with sparklers beside it. Princess? Oh no, there's only one person that calls me Princess.

Guinuwine's Pony blasted from the speakers. Erupted from the cake was none other than Jay himself. He wore a pair of black pants with matching black spenders attached to them. Jay was shirtless and even took the liberty of wearing a ridiculous top hat. I shook my head trying my best to contain my amusement. Leave it Jay.

We all watched as Jay moved his hips in a sensual motion matching the beat as he moved. Chanel cheered from beside me and even took out a few dollars and began flinging them towards Jay. Tyke looked displeased at his friend while Ant took on his usual bored expression. Bryce on the other hand just shook his head repeatedly muttering curses under his breath.

Jay emerged from the cake and appeared in front of me. "Like your present Princess?"

"And what exactly is my present?" I questioned.

"Oh right. I almost forgot." Jay reached into his back pocket revealing a bright red bow and sticking onto the hat. "Ta da!"

"You're my present?"

He nodded. "What's a better present than me? I do grace you with my presence and allow you to hang out with me all the time. Besides I'm just to attractive not to be graced as a gift."

I laughed. "You're full of yourself."

"That I am." he smiled. "I knew everybody was going to get things you wanted or stuff that represented you. But that's not how I roll Princess. I am your best friend after all, I needed to stick out among the crowd. So here I am popping out a fucking cake, for you."

Hopping to my feet I embraced my best friend. "Thank you, Jay. For the cake and the little dance number."

"Since you always bitching about going to the strip club, I brought the strip club to you, kinda." he exclaimed as we pulled away. 

I smiled and shook my head at him. "I do not bitch about it."

Jay pulled a face. "Oh okay, sure if that's what you wanna believe." He poked out his hip out and twirling his fingers as if he had long hair. "No Jay, strip clubs are dirty and probably smell like day old panties. Jay I don't wanna see naked woman dancing all up in my face. Jay I'm afraid one of the strippers is gonna touch me with her dirty pussy hands." he mocked me in a high pitched voice.

I rolled my eyes. "I didn't say the last one."

Jay returned to his natural stance, smirking down at me. "That's besides the point. What did I tell you back when we were in Rio?"

I had to think for a moment. "Bitches be crazy?"

Jay stared at me for a moment before shaking his head. "That too. But what I'm referring to is don't knock it till you try it Princess. Can't say you don't like something if you've never tried it."

He had a point, again. "Okay, I will try to be more opened minded about things."

 "That's my girl!" he exclaimed wrapping an arm around my shoulders. "Plus I got you to laugh so mission accomplished. I bet you'll never forget this either."

"Nope, never."

"Just wait until next year. I might even slide down the pole for you." he winked.

"Now you talking!" Chanel exclaimed.

Jay looked up at Chanel. "Oh whatever Miss-I-Only-Threw-Twenty Dollars. What kinda shit is that? I am worth way more than a fucking twenty." he pouted. 

Chanel scoffed crossing her arms across her chest. "Oh, baby if you strip and slide the pole for me you'll be getting more where that came from." she smirked. "How does twenty five dollars, hm?"

Jay turned to me with a saddened face. "You see the neglect I got through with her? She doesn't even feed me! This is why I can't have nice things because of her cheap ass."

I patted his cheek laughing at him. "You can always come over to Bryce and I's house to eat, Jay."

"See Chanel! Bryce and Shay care!" he yelled at her.

Chanel just rolled her eyes at him. Jay stuck his tongue out at her before turning back to me. The music changed and the tempo picked up. Jay started rocking us to the beat.

"Alright now, seriously. Pay me bitches."

x x x x

It was a little before four in the morning when Bryce and I finally got home. I was exhausted and knew once I hit those sheets I was a goner. Bryce must have noticed how tried I was because he scooped me up in his arms and carried me to our room. Our room, hm that had a nice ring to it. Tonight was a night to remember definitely. Jay and Chanel got drunk off their asses and it was the funniest thing I've ever seen. I don't know what it is but when Jay gets alcohol into his system he just has this desire to take his clothes off. Tyke and Ant had to even chase him down the street in order to get him home. Chanel was no better-she was on his back the entire time they chased them down.

Now it was just me and mine. The perfect ending to our night. Bryce gently laid me down onto the bed. I signed into the sheets and stretched my body out onto the sheets. "I had so much fun." I said.

Bryce smirked down at me. "I'm glad you did, baby."

Reaching down, Bryce peeled off my heels. "It hasn't even been five minutes and you're already trying to get me naked."

He chuckled. "No baby I'm just trying to help you get out of your clothes because I know you're tried." he said. "Besides once you're all rested up we got the whole day for you to be completely naked underneath me."

I smiled. "And you say that I'm the one with the way with words."

Sitting up and facing away from him; Bryce unzipped my dress slowly pushing it down and off of me. His eyes clouded over like they always did when he gets turned on. Guess it wasn't a good idea to wear one of my skimpiest undergarments.  He brushed my hair from my neck and pressed his soft lips to my skin. I bit down on my lip to stop myself from moaning. "Bryce..." I trailed off as he kissed at my inflamed skin.

"I'm just kissing you baby." he resorted.

I shook my head. "There is no 'just kissing' with you. You either go all in or nothing at all."

He chuckled kissing my skin on last time. "Can't argue with that."

I laughed moving underneath the covers. As much as I wanted to go there I just didn't have the energy for it. And I'm pretty sure Bryce isn't into lazy sex. Bryce removed his jacket and shirt tossing it onto the floor. A loud buzzing noise came from his discarded jacket

He signed picking it back up and getting his phone out the pocket. He frowned at it. "Bambi, I'm gonna be right back."

I nodded getting comfy into the sheets. "Take your time baby." I waved him off.

Bryce's POV

As soon as I was out of ear shot from Shay I answered the phone. "What's up Marcus? You get it done?"

My brother signed from the other end. "Yeah, I'm getting it done. She's just as stubborn as I remember."

"Is she straight? I didn't send her your way for nothing man."

He chuckled. "Yeah B, I'm handling it. I've already set her up with her own bank account to spend however she wants."

I frowned. "But?"

"But she ain't having that. Mom doesn't want anymore hand outs. Says that's the punishment she gets for what went down or some shit. She blames herself for how Dad died and how Katrina ended up. Can't say she's completely innocent in all this...but still."

I signed pinching the bridge of my nose. "I don't know what more she wants us to do."

"I think we just need to leave it be. She clearly has already made her mind up about it. Why not let her do what she wants?" He had a point. "I mean Bryce who knows how long she's been locked in that thing? She probably had years to think this over. Mom would have probably died in that crate if y'all haven't found her. By then I'm willing to bet she accepted her fate and never anticipated ever seeing us again."

"All I'm saying is let Mom do what she has to do. If it's going far far away from here then fine. She wasn't much of a mother to us then so what makes you think she's gonna start now?"

Damn. "I just thought that with everything that happened she would want to be around us. To be a family again."

"Leopards can't change their spots man. You were fine before all this...you'll be fine after this. Especially now that you got sassy little Shay attached to your fucking hip like a goddamn fanny pack." I rolled my eyes at that. "Maybe once she gets her mind right she'll come back to us."

"I'm not holding my breath."

"Neither am I." He laughed. "I'm proud of you little brother."

I smirked. We weren't much of an affectionate family. And whenever we did, it meant something. "I do what I can."

"Yeah, I'll keep you posted when she decided to start making her moves."

"Appreciate that."

"Alright Bryce. I'll talk to you soon. Stay out of trouble."

"Alright man. I can't make any promises." With that I ended the call.

My siblings and I don't have the ideal relationship but we had something at the end of it all. And I was okay with that right now. Without all the toxic things in our lives now there's room for working towards a better healthier relationship with us.

I'm beginning to truly believe that my mom was a lost cause. She didn't want us then she ain't gonna want us now. Even after all these years and what we've been though. But maybe Marcus is right. Just like Katrina who needed to get her mind right maybe Mom did too.

I walked back to the bedroom to see Shay still sprawled out on the sheets. A smile appeared on my face as I slipped into the bed with her.

"Everything alright?" She murmured without even opening her eyes.

Pulling her close to me I nodded. "We'll talk about it tomorrow."

Her eyes snapped open earning me a worried look. "Is it bad?"

"No baby its not bad."

She stared at me for a little while but resting her head on my chest. I began rubbing circles onto her back. "Thank you, Bryce for today. I really needed that."

Little did she know that I had busted my balls for weeks to make sure everything was perfect for her. Cause she deserved the very best of course. "You're welcome baby. Actually I was thinking we all go on a trip soon."

"Where to?"

I shrugged. "Anywhere but here."

She chuckled. "Anywhere but here sounds good to me. Is this going to be me and you kinda trip? Or is the crew coming along too?"

I leaned over and kissed her forehead. "Jay and Chanel wouldn't let me not at least bring them along. But I'm afraid they'll end up killing each other before we even get to where we're going. I don't know what we're going to do about them."

Shay snuggled closer to me laughing. "I just ignore them. As much as they'll probably hate to admit it they get off on that kinda shit. Break up to make up type of stuff."

"Yeah, I can see that. If you think they're bad now." I shook my head. "You should have seen them back in the day."

"Worse?"

"Way worse. Jay has a scar on his shoulder from when Chanel went at him with a golf club." Shay chuckled. "They'll get it together one day."

"Hopefully."

Silence settled over us, a comfortable type of silence. I reached down and began drawing circles into the small of Shay's back aimlessly. Never did I think this would be the position I would be in. Never did I think that I could be snuggled up in bed with a woman. Or even in love. The way things had went in my past-love was rare. Pure, untainted, unconditional type of love. And what Bambi and I had going on it sure was looking like it was heading into that direction. Which reminds me...

"Babe?" I called keeping my eyes trained on the ceiling.

"Hm?" she muttered sleep heavy in her voice.

"About earlier when you got all freaked out when you thought I was gonna propose to you." I began.

Shay opened one of her eyes. "What about it?"

"Is that the thought of marrying me, that bad?" Damn, I'm being vulnerable again.

That caught her attention. Shay sat up in the bed and gave me the are-you-being-serious look. And quite frankly, I was nothing but serious. "No baby, I do see marriage far far far down the way. But we have our whole lives ahead of us. And we're so young. The aisle isn't going anywhere and neither am I." she smiled at million dollar smile that always warmed me inside out.

"Yeah, I hear you." I signed sitting up against the headboard. "As long as it's in the future for us that's fine by me."

In a blink, Shay was crawling over me. She wrapped her arms around my neck as she placed a tender kiss on my lips. "All or nothing, remember?"

A smile spread across my face. "Yeah baby." Cupping her face, I pulled her down until our lips collided. 

It's hard to say that I'll ever get tired of this feeling. The way she lights up my world just by one smile alone. The way her soft skin caresses my own. The way she loves me...and I her. Despite whatever Bambi might think I nearly lost her once and I'll be damned if it ever happens again. She weaved herself into my life and deep into my heart. I wanted nothing more than for this to be a forever thing. We're young and in love...who knows what's in store for us out there in that crazy world? But I'm ready for the ride. It doesn't matter how hard or even how crazy it gets along the way...as long as I have this woman with me. That's all I needed.

Because this is all or nothing, baby.

A/N:

*TEARS*

That's it guys! After so long, it's finally over. I wanna thank you guys for sticking by me and giving me all your support and love. This story wouldn't be what it is without you guys. I know the ending wasn't like BAM there it is. But I thought it closed the chapter on Shay and Bryce. At least the best way I could.

But don't say goodbye just yet...the Rewrite is underway! Hopefully it'll be out in the next week or so. And all your favorite characters are coming back and better than ever. Be on the look out for the rewrite coming soon!

Thank you guys :)

x maia

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.5K 303 5
***BEING EDITED*** Kayla Parker just moved back to the town that her brother started high school in. She finds out that he's the leader of a gang and...
374 43 26
Shaylin Rose has not had the easiest of times growing up. Moving around non-stop, growing up without a dad and having an abusive ex-boyfriend at the...
699 23 8
Love? What is love? Some say it's a selfish thing that makes people use you and your emotions , others say it's one of the best experience in life. B...
9 0 1
He makes her heart race with one touch, her body weak with one look, but is he safe. Is love making her blind? Alone on a street, late in the night...