Forced to Wed: A Billionaire'...

By carvingangel88

["I can't do this. I don't even know this man!" I cry out.] Sarah is forced into an arranged marriage with a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67

Chapter 37

478 21 0
By carvingangel88

 As I dance with Jared, our bodies moving to the rhythm, I steal another glance at Vincent. Our eyes lock for a moment, the intensity of his gaze sending a shiver down my spine.

It's a silent battle of wills, the charged atmosphere crackling between us like an electric current. I refuse to be the first one to look away, and I can feel the satisfaction swelling within me when he breaks eye contact first.

Jared twirls me around, laughing as I stumble into his arms. "You're really going all out tonight, aren't you?" he teases.

"Damn right," I retort, my heart racing with adrenaline and anticipation. "It's my birthday, after all." But that's not the only reason I'm pushing the boundaries tonight. No, it's more than that – it's about winning this power struggle against Vincent, the man who's been holding me captive.

I know seeing me this close to Jared is making him angry – I'm getting under his skin, throwing him off balance.

I know it's dangerous, this game I'm playing. But the rush of power and control is intoxicating, driving me forward in my quest for vengeance. Turning back to Jared, I let out a carefree laugh, allowing myself to get lost in the moment.

Vincent's date, Helen, watches him with a mixture of confusion and concern, but he pays her no mind. Instead, his eyes remain locked on me, burning with intensity.

Helen leans over and whispers something in his ear and that seems to bring him back to reality. Vincent turns to her, all smiles, and then pulls her closer to him.

Helen's hand is on his chest now, fiddling with the buttons on the front as she laughs at something he said.

That slut! She has her grimy hand all over my husband...

"Sorry, Jared, I need a moment," I say abruptly, releasing myself from his embrace and stepping away.

"Wait, Sarah," he calls after me, but I'm already making my way through the crowd, desperate to put some distance between myself and Vincent.

I slip out onto the balcony to get some air. But as I lean against the railing, trying to catch my breath, I hear the sound of footsteps approaching.

"Sorry, Jared, I was just..."

"That was a nice show you were putting on back there. Did you think you would get away with it?" Vincent's voice is low and menacing, sending a jolt of fear through me. But I refuse to back down.

"Watch me," I snarl, my eyes narrowing in defiance.

"Be careful, Sarah," he warns, his voice dripping with malice. "You don't know who you're playing with."

"Neither do you," I shoot back, my heart pounding in my chest as I face him. 

We lock eyes for what feels like ages, unable to break the intense gaze between us. It's almost like a childish game of a staring contest.

"I am impressed, Sarah," Vincent finally breaks the silence. "I didn't think you'd have the guts to parade your little boyfriend around in front of me."

"Well, I expected you to parade your so-called lover since I already knew you were a despicable human being," I say with a tight jaw.

Vincent laughs lowly, and it makes my skin crawl. "Is that so?"

"Oh yes," I go on, moving closer to him now, our chests almost touching. The wind rustles my hair and carries our scents, mixing them together in an intoxicating blend: his cologne and his desire for revenge, my perfume and my need for freedom. His breath is hot against my neck when he speaks again.

"He will know you are just a tease," he says softly, his hand finding its way to the small of my back and pressing me against him. 

My heart hammers in my chest as I look up at him from under lowered lashes, biting my lip subtly.

 "And then, he will lose interest," he adds.

"Pfft...he is not a sex-crazed maniac like you," I scoff.

Vincent's grip on my waist tightens, his expression icy cold. "A sex-crazed maniac? You haven't seen the worst of me yet," he hisses.

"Let go of me, Vincent. Your precious date is waiting for you out there," I say, trying to push him away, but his arms don't budge. 

I could use some rescuing right about now, Jared.

Before I can say more, his lips crash down on mine in a bruising kiss, his grip on me unyielding. I try to push him away, but he only tightens his hold, trapping me in his embrace.

The world spins around me. I fight against him with all my strength, but it's like trying to move a mountain.

But just as I feel like I'm about to suffocate, a voice breaks through the darkness, pulling me back to reality.

"There you two are!"

I recognize the voice instantly – Sophia.

Suddenly, Vincent releases me, stepping back as if nothing happened. His expression is unreadable.

"Sophia," I breathe, relief flooding through me like a tidal wave. "Get me away from this beast."

Vincent rolls his eyes, earning a mischievous grin from Sophia.

"Seriously, Vince. You can't even leave this poor girl alone on her birthday?" she clucks her tongue.

Vincent frowns. But then smiles at his sister. "Just having a little fun, Soph," he says smoothly.

Sophia raises an eyebrow, her gaze flicking between Vincent and me with a knowing look. "Well, it looks like Sarah's not having much fun," she remarks dryly, stepping closer to me. "Are you okay, Sarah?"

I nod, still trying to catch my breath after Vincent's suffocating kiss. "Yeah, I'm fine now," I manage to say, grateful for Sophia's timely intervention.

Vincent's eyes narrow ever so slightly, but he keeps up his facade of indifference. "Of course she's fine," he says smoothly, though there's a hint of annoyance in his tone. "I am just kissing my wife."

Sophia doesn't miss a beat, her gaze flicking back to Vincent with a smirk. "Well, maybe it's time you give her some space, Vincent," she says. "It is her birthday, after all."

Vincent's jaw tightens, but he nods curtly. 

Sophia's gaze travels up and down my body before she beams at me. "You look incredible, Sarah. The dress fits you perfectly." Her eyes linger on my neck. "I see you haven't given her the gift yet, Vincent."

"A present?" my voice nearly breaks. Don't tell me my devil husband bought me a birthday gift!

Vincent forces out a smile. "Ah, well, I was just waiting for the right moment," he replies, his eyes flickering with annoyance.

Sophia raises an eyebrow, clearly unconvinced. "Right, of course," she says, her tone dripping with sarcasm. "Well, why don't you go ahead and give her the gift now?"

Vincent's smile tightens, but he nods curtly. "Fine," he mutters, reaching into his jacket and pulling out a velvet box. He holds it out to me, his expression bored as if to say: just take the damn thing already.

I hesitate for a moment, my heart pounding in my chest as I take the box from him. I can't help but wonder what could possibly be inside, given the circumstances.

With trembling hands, I open the box to reveal a stunning diamond necklace, the gems sparkling in the dim light of the balcony. It's beautiful, breathtaking even.

I want to say I hate it and throw it over the balcony, but that would be a dumb thing to do. Vincent may be ugly on the inside, but his taste in jewelry seems to be flawless.

"Wow, Vincent, that's...really something," I say.

Vincent remains stoic. "Sophia made me buy it."

"So your sister forced you to buy your wife a present and you went along with it? How romantic," I quip sarcastically.

Sophia giggles. "Put it around her neck, Vincent. Let me see how it looks."

I allow Vincent to do as she says, not wanting to make a scene in front of her. The necklace rests on my collarbone, sparking in the moonlight. It's heavy but beautiful.

"Stunning," Sophia gushes. "Great job picking it out, Vince."

Vincent's gaze hardens. "Well, I better get back to my date... Helen," he smirks.

"A date? What the hell are you talking about, Vincent?" Sophia stares at him dumbfounded.

"Oh, didn't he tell you? He decided to get himself a lover," I say in a mocking tone.

"Vincent!" she hisses, shooting him a warning glare.

But he's already walking away, presumably leaving me with his sister to entertain his date.

Sophia wraps her arm around me. "Ignore him, okay? He's just upset because he can't get you out of his mind."

I can't help but scoff at Sophia's attempt to comfort me, her words falling flat in the wake of Vincent's callousness. "I highly doubt that," I mutter under my breath.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5M 140K 39
She - Innocent, shy, clumsy, naïve 19 year old beautiful girl who's trying to face the challenges life is throwing at her. With no parents besides he...
815 10 30
Forced to marry him in order saving her father yet at first sight she falls for his brother Right or wrong ???? Yet the heart want what it wants rig...
14.7K 328 24
"I married you to make your life hell." He paused for a moment, relishing in my fear. "You're not allowed to enjoy; you're not allowed to have fun. Y...
11.5M 480K 64
"Are you okay?" The three words he fell for. The three words he wanted to hear. The three words that cured him. ____________________ Marcus Anderson...