charmed | txt yeonjun

By limjuyeon

"You've been etched on my mind," his lips came into contact with my neck. And my breathing hitched with surpr... More

THE HORROR OF A NIGHT
IS THAT YOU, MADAM?
HE'S A WALKING DICKHEAD
SOMEONE'S AFTER ME TRISTAN
WHO'S THIS DUFFER NOW?
IT'S A WIN-WIN, BABYGIRL
YES I AM DESPERATE
IS HE-IS HE JEALOUS?
IT WAS MY FIRST TOO
OXYGEN'S THE SIDE CHIC
AN UNCANNY GUEST

BUT YOU ALWAYS STAND OUT

112 61 61
By limjuyeon

And his smile dropped, with his expression slowly getting venomous....

"I did what?" He asked, slowly.

I gulped. "I didn't have my phone with me when I came to the match. So how's it possi-

In the next instant, he was laughing.

"Goodness, Vera." He finally held his breath. "So this was it. While you were asleep, they sent someone to deliver your phone after it was repaired ahead of schedule."

I then let out a sigh of relief. "Here, they asked you to take this to make the payment." He handed me the card and I couldn't look him in the eye. Too much for a day, already.

"You passed out back there, so I carried you here with my cousin. Are you okay now?"

"I-I passed out?" I stuttered and as much as I hate to recall and can't recall what happened to me, I thought I needed rest, for real

But something about it doesn't ring true...

"I'm truly sorry for being such a nuisance, I'll make sure I make it up to you some other time."

"Uh, it's getting late, I'll go first." I didn't even let him reply to that as I grabbed my bag and headed toward the door. I needed to get away from this man, at least for now.

--------------------------------------

ONE DAY LATER:

It was Monday and the club was scheduled. I haven't even completed the write-up I was assigned to in the group.

1 Unseen Message

I tapped on the notification that popped up on the phone screen. It was a new number.

You coming today right?

I clicked on the profile picture to see who it was and it was none other than Dave.

Even his photos are as fine as him. He's equally proud too, at the same time. He must be very rich I suppose, given the fashion sense he has.

I'm envious of his charm!

I replied to him in affirmative and began to get ready. It's a fine day. The air wasn't any different but it had an essence of desire within it. I should take note of the ambience in case I stumble upon any inspo.

-------------

I was sitting in the hall correcting typos when I felt a presence behind me. I turned back only to hiss in annoyance.

"You saw them that day, right? I hope that knocks some sense into you!" Blabbered Andrew with his filthy mouth again.

I totally ignored him like he wasn't even there in the first place. Has he got no shame at all?

"Hey! I'm talking to you! Can't you respond?" He was about to shrug me but was stopped midair by Dave who appeared out of nowhere.

"Perhaps you could use your physical energy for something more productive, like learning basic manners."

Poor Andrew. That loser wasn't even able to free his arm from the grip. Talk about sense!

Seeing me get up, Dave released him and that fucker cursed him multiple times. It's fun to ignore someone, when somewhere you are its victim too...

"Let's check out The American Roommate Experiment. I heard it's really hyped!" I told Dave excitedly as we made way towards the library.

"Just wait till I get even with you two mfs!" Andrew can be heard shouting from behind us.

"It's MOTHERFUCKERS! Try spelling it!"

Dave retorted turning back from the other end of the hall while I laughed and nudged him to stop.

It was unusually quite in the library though. We two were the only ones that time. I grabbed The American Roommate Experiment and he was absorbed into The Great Gatsby.

"Well, thank you about earlier." I spoke to him smiling. "It's just that I don't have a decent friend, as you can see. Hehe."

"Are you sure you've got any friends, Vera?" He took me by so much surprise! I swear this guy is something else. How could he freaking say that?!

"What...do you mean by that?"

He was nowhere wrong... Friendship and me weren't always on the same page....

"Are you spiritual?" He blurted out the question out of the blue, dumping mine.

"What? It's the last thing I'm, thanks. Not a fan of Gods and deities." With everything it has put me through, it's only rational to not care about that hypocrite.

"Now, if I were to make your deepest desires come true, would you then be inclined to pray?"

He slowly enunciated each and every word as a conundrum which made me feel so seen and understood on a deeper level.... 

It seems as though his knowledge about me could reveal aspects of myself I haven't shared with anyone, things that I wasn't even aware of myself...

This boy... 

What is he getting at exactly?

"What do you mean you'll make my desires come true?" I asked, apprehensive of how some random guy knows way too much about me..

"It's exactly what's been said."

----------------------------------------------------

ONE WEEK LATER:

I spent this entire week with my mother since she'd be going today again. Good thing we didn't have to go to the club. I've loads of work piling up on my table.

Being a senior doesn't help much, you need to eat, study, sleep and repeat.

We were to submit our write-ups today. I'm just so nervous. What if Sean doesn't like it and tells me to rewrite?  It's not like I lack confidence.

It's because high scorers can never be trusted. Under any circumstances.

I found no one in the classroom and realized I was early.

With my head resting on the desk, I plugged in my earbuds and hummed along to "Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton- my favorite artist of all time.

His voice calms me down like nothing else!

I haven't seen Dave since that day. I'm quite relieved to say because I never know what he's prying at... Whatever it is, one thing is for sure: something else is at play..

I was so buried in thoughts I didn't notice someone sit down and was greatly startled by the sudden increase in volume.

It was Dave who took my phone and did it. I flinched as I saw him sitting beside me.

He was way too close.

"What's with that long face? Are you not happy to see me?" He asked while resting his head on the desk, just like me.

"Are you going to submit your work today?" I asked something else instead, getting embarrassed of how he read my face.

"I still need to do the finishing. I was hella busy this week. You up for the Welcoming party in the evening?"

"I don't want to. Last year, it was ours and I'd been left alone the whole evening. No one would spare me a glance anyway." I smiled, sadness lingering at it's end.

"I agree ours was a mess. But now we are acquainted, and that's what counts."

I was about to speak when he continued-

"And Vera, at the end of the day, you are the one that stands out always... and everywhere. You just do...and you don't necessarily have to know that."

What's wrong with him?

For crying out loud..!

-----------------------------------------

"I don't have anything to wear damn it."  Fumbling through the clothes in my closet, I shouted in agony as I couldn't find my favorite dress.

At last I grabbed whatever was decent. If my mom gets to know I'm wearing black again, I'm screwed. Good thing she left early.

This shall work..

I headed to the venue through the local subway station and some were dressed like me. I guess they're from my school too.

To be honest, it's a very awkward feeling to enter into an event like this, when you're alone and no one gives a damn about you.

I saw my classmates. Rosalyn wore such revealing clothes, she's a real sense seductress. I could see Tristan. But he was alone.

Surprisingly, for the first time, I didn't feel like looking at him! What the hell is this? It never happened before, for I couldn't take my eyes off him whenever I saw him.

An hour was about to pass, and still no sign of Dave.

He didn't scam me. Did he?

Just then someone brought me neat on a tray. "No. Thanks. Bring me some coke instead." I smiled.

"The drinks are all on me. Are you sure you're not going to have it?"

I heard Dave's voice from behind and turned to look. He finally came but... there's something wrong about his eyes.

"I'm sorry, Dave. I don't do alcohol." I couldn't comprehend the expression that grew on his face as I said that... but it sure was one of disdain.

I got closer until I could see his eyes clearly and they were....intoxicated and bloodshot!

He drinks? He doesn't look like one to drink though...

"Ethan bring her some coke!" He practically raised his voice. I was a bit intimidated of the way he looked. 

From the moment I turned to him he'd been staring at me...unhealthily. 

He looked me up and down, giving me a discomforting stare.. I hated being looked that way..

But what he said next made my world crumble beneath me...

"YOUR PROPORTIONS ARE CRAZY, VERA. HOW ABOUT YOU LET ME EXPLORE THEM?"

-------------------------------------------

A/N:

What is Juniee trying to do?

He's one guy who'd keep you on the edge of your seat.

Till then,

voteeee hihihi

happy reading!

@limjuyeon

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 54.6K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
566K 12.6K 39
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
1M 15.9K 124
Flavia Van Der Woodsen is New York's It Girl #1. Flavia's life isn't as perfect as you might think. It's the opposite. She seems cool from the outsid...
2.1K 307 25
Zanera comes from an Arabic name which means "intelligent" and "wise woman". With full intelligence of our craft, here, we offer you a landscape of c...