One Shots

By SlothfullySarcastic

A compilation of one shots about various people. (Not all of them will necessarily be fan fics / include fam... More

Truth or Dare ~ Ethan Nestor
Concert ~ Harry Styles
One Sided
Frenemies
Jealousy?
'Friendly' Encounters
Strength and Weakness
Selectively Mute ~ Klaine (Glee)
Duets ~ Hevans (Glee) Part 1
Duets ~ Hevans (Glee) Part 2
Roommates ~ Kurtbastian (Glee) Part 1
Roommates ~ Kurtbastian (Glee) Part 2
Roommates ~ Kurtbastian (Glee) Part 3
Roommates ~ Kurtbastian (Glee) Part 4
Roommates ~ Kurtbastian (Glee) Part 5
Roommates ~ Kurtbastian (Glee) Part 6
Roommates ~ Kurtbastian (Glee) Part 7
Roommates ~ Kurtbastian (Glee) Part 8
Roommates ~ Kurtbastian (Glee) Part 9
Catching Up ~ Hevans (Glee) Part 1
Catching Up ~ Hevans (Glee) Part 2
Catching Up ~ Hevans (Glee) Part 3
Catching Up ~ Hevans (Glee) Part 4
Catching Up ~ Hevans (Glee) Part 5
Catching Up ~ Hevans (Glee) Part 6
Catching Up ~ Hevans (Glee) Part 7
Billionaire ~ Hevans (Glee)
Social Anxiety
Formal Events (1)
First Dates (2)
Under The Stars (3)
Coaches (1)
Wild Child (2)
Ok, Karen (3)
Five Times Kurt Wore Finn's Letterman Jacket ~ Kurtbastian (Glee)
Best Friends (1)
Last Minute Plans (2)
Open and Honest Conversation (3)
Rebound? (4)
Paying Attention ~ Kurtbastian (Glee) Part 1
Paying Attention ~ Kurtbastian (Glee) Part 2
Paying Attention ~ Kurtbastian (Glee) Part 3
(Would You) Rescue Me?
When You're Sad I'm Sad
Ross Squared
And Just Forget The World
Artistic Connections
Just Another Setback
Therapy Session
Impossible to Get
Fired Up/Burnt Out
Uncertainty (1)
Tensions (2)
Roller Skating (1)
Interlude (2)
The Fact of the Matter
Humorless Jokes
On My Sleeve
Fading
Gobsmacked
All That's Been Left Unsaid
Comfortable ≠ Sustainable
Temporary Fix
Toxicity
You Are Formidable (To Me)
(I'll) Still Be Here
3 AM
Bird?

Parent-Teacher Conference

4 0 0
By SlothfullySarcastic

"I'm so sorry about whatever my son did. I thought I raised him better than that," Millie said to her son's teacher as she rushed into the classroom.

"No, no," Ms. Daniels began. "Calvin hasn't done anything bad. I'm concerned about him is all. He's a smart boy, good student. But lately, he's been quiet and stoic, not really talking to anyone."

Millie nodded slightly. "Yeah, he, um, lost his father recently."

The teacher's eyes widened slightly. "Oh, I'm so sorry," she said sincerely.

"Thanks." She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

"If you or Calvin need anything, let me know. If there's some sort of accommodation that'll help..."

"Oh, thank you. We're just, we're trying to cope, you know? It's hard."

"Yes, I can only imagine," Ms. Daniels was sympathetic. "I do mean it, though. I do my best to make this room a safe space. If Calvin wants to talk, I want him to feel comfortable. And if you need to get anything off your chest, I'm here...or I can refer you to a colleague if that's a path you'd want to explore."

Millie felt herself tear up and did her best to keep them from falling. This was not the time.

"I really appreciate it. Thank you," she tried to convey how much the offer meant to her. "That's the nicest thing I've heard since..."

Ms. Daniels placed a gentle hand on Millie's, which were sitting atop the desk that separated them. "I'm sorry to hear that. More people need to learn basic human decency."

"Yeah," Millie agreed half-heartedly as a tear slipped out. She pulled one hand away to wipe it away as quick as possible. "I'll talk to Calvin—let him know talking helps."

Ms. Daniels nodded. "Thank you for coming in. I know you must be busy because who isn't these days?"

That got a small chuckle out of Millie, making Ms. Daniels smile in return.

"You got that right." Then, to her son, Millie said, "Ready to go, Cal?"

He looked up from the building blocks in front of him and nodded subtly.

"C'mon, bud."

Calvin and his mom stood up, and Millie held out a hand to him. He was quick to latch on once he got close enough.

"Say goodbye to Ms. Daniels."

"Bye, Ms. Daniels," he mumbled.

"Remember to speak loud enough, so people can hear you, bud," she chided gently, more as a reminder than trying to make him repeat himself. She looked up, making eye contact with Calvin's teacher. "Thank you, Ms. Daniels. We'll see you tomorrow."

"Of course." She smiled. "See you tomorrow. Bye, Calvin. Behave for your mother."

His head bobbed up and down, agreeing to do so as if it was a homework assignment.

Mille and Calvin left the classroom. They stayed quiet as they walked through the empty hallway. Once they were outside, Mille pointed out her car to Calvin. She helped him climb into the backseat and made sure he was buckled in properly before getting into the driver's seat.

Starting the car, Millie thought about the conversation she would have with her son about sharing his feelings and getting things off his chest. She didn't want him to bottle his emotions up. Millie knows she's done that too many times herself throughout the years, and it never ended well. And while Calvin was her top priority, she would try to follow her own advice.

They would get through this. It may be a long and difficult process, but they'd manage.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5M 166K 32
They had it all. The cars, money, girls, the houses. But the one thing money can't buy them, they can't get. Happiness. Here's the prestigious Gold...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
32.2K 746 20
a non-binary drummer and a gay streamer, two different worlds combine and a new love blossoms can their relationship survive the struggles of the spo...
Alina By ihidethisapp

General Fiction

1.5M 39.7K 80
The Lombardi family is the most notorious group in the crime world. They rule both the American and Italian mafias and have many others bowing at the...