The Best Of Us. (Ellie X Male...

By JasonCheng1223

Ellie Williams X Male reader. After the event of Salt Lake City, Ellie begins doubting Joel's promise. Until... More

Before Jackson
Reunion
Arriving Jackson.
Jackson Community.
Ellie Williams.
You And Me.
His Past.
Let It Out.
Confession.
Dragged.
It Begins.
No Wrong. Just Needs.
Berserk.
A Chance.
First Snow.
Not An Update.
Condition.
Debt.
The Calm.
Storm Is Coming.
Vengeance.
Mercy.
Who's Going?
Journey.
Not an but a FUCKING RANT‼️
Seattle Day 1.
Seattle Day 1(Part Two).
Seattle Day 1(Part Three).
Seattle Day 1(Part Four).
Seattle Day 1(End)
Seattle Day 2.
Seattle Day 2(Three).
Seattle Day 2(Four).
Seattle Day 2(Five).
Seattle Day 2(End).
Seattle Day 3.
Seattle Day 3(Two).
Seattle Day 3(Three).
Seattle Day 3(Four).
Seattle Day 3(Five).
Seattle Day 3(Six).
Seattle Night 3(One).
Seattle Night 3(Two).

Seattle Day 2(Two).

975 54 9
By JasonCheng1223

Fighting through the Wolves, and eventually infected and Scars, the trio of Joel, Jesse and Ellie made it back to the theater.

With Jesse being injured, they have to let him rest.

"How did you get past Maria?"

"I didn't. Not at first." Now that's an interesting answer. "Chad caught me, and Maria planned on locking me up." Poor Jesse.

"Then how come you're here now? I doubt your mom helped talked your way out." Jesse scoffed at Ellie's remark.

"It was Tommy."

Joel's eyes lit open, giving Jesse his full attention.

"He helped me, and both of us slipped out after."

"Tommy's here?"

"Yeah..." Jesse's tone didn't sound promising.

"Where is he?" Joel's question sounds more like a demand.

"We got seperated. I was going to look for him but, those people just drove me farther away." Looking at Joel with apologetic eyes, all he can do is saying sorry.

Joel sighed, defeated. First (Y/N), now his own stupid brother is lost out there too.

"What do we do now?" Ellie doesn't even know what or who they're after now.

Continue on their own to eliminate the Wolves? Not with injured Jesse here.

Looking for their people? But who's the priority? The girl's boyfriend or the pop's brother? It's confusing.

~~

Somewhere out there.

"Hey kid."

"Tommy...."

"It's nice to see some familiar face after arriving here. Not that Jesse isn't but-"

"Jesse's here?" (Y/N) raised his eyebrow looking at the Texan.

"Yeah, but we got separated."

Tommy's sentence isn't reassuring. Not one bit.

"I see..." (Y/N) looked down on Matt's fresh corpse for a moment.

He can say that he's sorry. But would that change anything? The guy is fucking dead.

'Too bad man. Looks like your family won't be seeing you again.'

"Where's Joel?" Tommy's question snapped him back out of his guilty conscience.

"Separated. I got blast away from minefield. Not sure about him or Ellie. But knowing that they're the most stubborn people on Earth right now, they're probably fine. Best bet would be killing some enemies now as we speak."

Tommy chuckled at his statement. "Yeah, they definitely are. Any idea where they might be at?"

"Try inner city. That's where I lost them."

"Okay."

Tommy started walking towards the direction of the city. But then he noticed that (Y/N) was kneeling down on the Wolf he just shot.

"What are ya doing?"

"Did he try to shoot you?" (Y/N) asks.

"No. He was wandering around, so I just popped him." Tommy stepped down closer, arriving besides him. "Did you know him?"

"Matt. His family's back at the base. Guess they've seen the last of him."

"Yeah well, we got our family too. It's us or them."

"You got a point." (Y/N) grabbed the rifle that belonged to Matt. And after searching his dead body, he found a map.

"Well would you look at that." (Y/N) handed Tommy the map, and he spread it open. "Hillcrest, 14.... It's marked. So the inner city i-"

"Where's the home base?" (Y/N) interrupts, barging in, wanting a look at the map.

"Think that it?"

A big circle with a big 2 in the middle.

"Worth a shot."

"Ya think Ellie and Joel's gonna be there?"

~~

Inner City, Pinnacle Theatre.

"Hey."

Ellie walks in the radio room where is already there.

"How's Jesse?"

"Nothing a little sleep wouldn't take care of."

Joel nodded at Ellie's reply.

"So, now what? Plan B?" She begins a new topic with  her own question.

"What do you mean?"

"(Y/N)'s out there, Tommy's out there, means our workload just got doubled. If by some crazy miracle they found each other, then good."

Screen turned to Tommy's and (Y/N) for a moment.

"Hachoo!!!!" Both sneezed at the same time. And boy are they loud.

Back to Ellie and Joel.

"Then there's Abby, who we agreed on killing her without (Y/N) knowing. The Wolves, Scars, how long are we staying here?"

Judging from the tone and body language, she's pissed.

Ellie missed being back at Jackson. Peaceful, calm, just people greeting each other, not shooting at one another.

"I got a plan."

Now that comes as a surprise. Joel got a plan?

"You can stay here and watch Jesse. I can go and find them."

Ellie sighed. Not this sacrificial bullshit again.

"Who? (Y/N)? Tommy? Or Abby?" Joel avoid her gaze.

"I have to start somewhere."

"Where?" Ellie is quick with her tongue. Joel motion for her to join him down, looking at the map.

"This girl, Nora," He holds the picture of the girl. "She's at this hospital, picking up supplies to ship them back to 2. If we get there, we might find her. We did that, we find Abby."

Ellie hesitate for a moment.

Killing Abby was the main point at this stage. They trust (Y/N) and Tommy could handle themselves out there. And if they came across them, good.

"Okay. Abby it is."

~~

"You two watch each other six."

Jesse reminds Joel and Ellie one last time before closing the door.

Joel and Ellie are now enroute to the hospital where Nora is. And hopefully will be by the time they got got there.

"How'd you planned on telling him after we take down Abby?" Joel breaks the silence during the journey.

"Me? It was your idea." Ellie hates to be the middle person.

"And he's your boyfriend. Of course he'll forgive you. You just need to charm him." That's terrible way of putting.

"I don't have any charm if that's what you're getting at. I thought we're in this together?"

"We are. But not the comforting part. That's your job as the girlfriend."

"I can see why women avoided you even after we settled in Jackson." Ellie's remark caught him off guard for a bit.

"Through here." Avoiding any unnecessary roasting from Ellie, he shut his mouth after that.

Making their way through the buildings, the came to a halt after a few infected was spotted feasting on a Wolf.

"Shit."

"Stalkers."

The stalkers felt their presences, and quickly scurried out of sight on all four.

"What the fuck..." Joel's is astonished by their swift movement.

"Eyes up. Don't lose focus. They're crazier than you think."

"So we jus-"

*Bang!!

Joel was still distracted, and he almost get jumped from behind by one before Ellie shot it head on.

"Focus!"

It was a tiring battle for them as they fought through the stalkers.

They underestimated the infected, and more of them appeared outta nowhere. They just keep on coming and  Joel and Ellie are quickly overwhelmed.

Standing outside the apartment on the fire escape stairs, with flooded streets down below, Joel and Ellie has no choice but to take their chances.

"On three! One--Ellie!!!!"

The girl didn't even wait, and down she goes. What choice does Joel has but to follow her.

The current are so strong that they felt like they're traveling through a portal to a different dimension.

They would eventually reached the sewer where everything called down a little bit.

"You okay?" Ellie pulled him out of the water.

"Yeah... Just need to catch my breath..." Old age didn't do wonder to Joel. He's tired, very tired.

Escaping the sewer, the duo reached an overgrown park. Thanks to the map on display, they realize they are closer to the hospital.

But it wasn't a smooth path for them.

They've walked into Seraphites territory.

~~

"Alright. We'll get some rest here. Then, get back to number 2. Let's hope they're there by the time we arrive."

"Sure."

Tommy and (Y/N) travelled for a bit before deciding to take a short break. Finding shelter in some old house, the older one sits down on a couch, resting himself.

"Just a reminder, we are killing anyone that's from WLF. Right?" Tommy's question has the same feel as to why people are questioning their own life.

"I won't be opposed to that."

Currently standing by the door, looking out to the open. One thing, one man, one mission only on (Y/N)'s mind.

"So how come you didn't kill any of them back in Jackson?"

"What are you implying?" Rest is only a term. The tension is filling the place, and they're both aware of it.

"Why didn't you kill them? You're capable. Even if one or two of them. Yet you didn't kill any of them back then."

Deadbeat silence.

(Y/N) didn't answer. And he just close his eyes, hoping he would get the message to shut the fuck up.

Which he didn't of course.

"Any specific reason? They'r-"

"If you don't shut your mouth, I'll personally kill you myself."

Tommy scoffed at his threat.

"Easy cowboy. I'm just asking."

"Ask again and find out."

Tommy scoffed, rising from the couch to take a piss. And when he returns, so is the loneliness.

"Kid..."

(Y/N) used the opportunity to make his way to Number 2, leaving Tommy behind.

Clearly he's sick of Tommy, even though they just got reunited. Not because he hates him, but because his method of questioning.

Why didn't he killed any of them back then?

Can't he view Abby as enemy?

However, not killing Abby's crew does have the better outcome.

Learning of the WLF, who's a big threat, they came here to finish what the enemies have started.

Tracking through the place towards the boss of Wolves.

"To kill a snake, you cut off it's head. No loose end."

____________________________________________________________

Here. Sorry, I was getting sloppy lately. Still feeling the New Year ya know? Like you don't want it to end. 🤣🤣

Leave your comments, let me know hate you think. Peace.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 146 10
In the aftermath of life-altering events, Y/N L/N finds himself trapped in a turbulent struggle to rebuild his shattered world. Five years have passe...
72.2K 1.2K 23
|COMPLETED| This is the sequel to The Last Of Us x OC! Male reader, if you haven't read that then read it before this one! :) Ellie had lost her best...
7.1K 245 21
A young girl finds herself living in a disrupted and crumbling world, born into a camp with the intention of teaching girls of youth how to fight, tr...
34.1K 1K 87
MATURE READ: We loved each other with fragments of ourselves that were dead - Nikita Gill Love. Such a poignant emotion. Such a terrifying feeling to...