A Mob Boss's Honour

By royal888

This is the story of many mob families. It is set in the 1950s. There are many families involved in the crim... More

Author's Note
Family Tree
1. Family Life
2. The Party
3. Social Time
4. Date Night
5. Challenge
6. True Danger
7. Outrage
8. Changes
9. School
10. Understanding
11. Encounter
12. Allies
13. Surprises
14. School & Home Life
15. Literature
16. Phoenix
17. Relationship Drama
18. Sounds & Cars
19. Lost Love
20. The New Joiners
21. Girl Talk
22. Rose's Secrets
23. Affairs
24. Bianchi Mansion
25. Vigilante
26. Young Minds
27. Teenage Plans
28. Sports Time
29. Responsibility
30. Being Closer
31. More Time Together
32. Business Calls
33. Honesty
34. Talking at the Diner
35. A Mansion in Boston
36. An Eventful Evening
37. Connections
38. Ladies' Choices
39. Collaborations
40. Hidden Feelings
41. Spaces Apart
42. Family Ties
43. Friendships
44. Reliance
45. Shocking Turn
46. Sword
47. New Days
48. Choices
49. Closer Than Brothers
50. Leaders
51. Portrait
52. Mercenary
53. Waiting
54. Star Crossed
55. Night Time Talk
56. Waves of Change
57. Dawn of New Dangers
58. Control
59. A Feud
60. Persistence
61. Fighters

62. Love is Forever

361 20 8
By royal888

Christian was resting the urge not to laugh at his cousin. His cousin, Archer Armstrong was standing looking at Christian with his mouth open not able to form words.  His cousin had arrived before the homecoming on his invite and Christian had quickly ambushed him with information when Archer had got off from his car in front of the mansion.  

Christian asked trying to keep a straight face even thought what he was discussing was dead serious "So... Do you have anything to say?"

Archer said as he looked around  "Your plan is crazy..."  They had been staying away from guards and the ear shot of others but Archer felt that what he was hearing didnt belong on the outside. Didnt Christian realise what he was saying could start a war?

Christian said "I know my plan is crazy.... But tell me one thing.... Are you in or out?...."

Archer sighed "Christian... You are my cousin... I care about you.... I dont want any part in it... But..." He sighed and looked around.

Christian said "But what? You want no part in this but will you take part? Or will you let me down?" He knew his cousin well even though he had just met him. His cousin was no coward. 

Archer sighed as he looked at his cousin "I am in... But unwillingly.... I cant believe you are asking me to do this... You know full well I have to do it because of what's at stake... What you are talking about is just mind blowing... I want to help you...  I cant let you do this alone..."

Christian said "I am glad...You are in.. I always knew you were reasonable... This is the only way..."

Archer shook his head "I think you have no idea what you are doing... You are trying to join Dean O'Brien and Rose Bianchi together... They are enemies..."

Christian said "Enemies can become lovers...."

Archer said in a serious tone "I think it could end in tragedy..."

Christian said "We wont let it end in tragedy... 

Archer said "We?... I dont even know what part I play...."

Christian said "Sacrifices have to happen for love to conquer all..."

Archer said "No.... Love can never conquer all... Not when we are talking about the Bianchis and O'Briends... What planet do you live on? So what do you want me to do exactly...."

Christian stated "You do what I tell you... Its as simple as that..."

Archer said "I am sorry.... Come again... Thats not an answer to my question... What am I expected to do?"

Christian said "You have a vital role....  You help me with pushing back resistance from the Irish side... And that plan has to start now.... Not during this weekend when it's too late and the homecoming is under way...."

Archer asked "How am I supposed to manage that?..."

Christian said "Once I tell you there is no backing away... I give you one more chance to walk off..."

Archer said "I am no quitter... I will help you... You are my blood... There is nothing I wont do to save your life...."

Christian asked "Save my life?"

Archer sighed "Yes.... Christian you do know you will have a prize on your head if it all goes wrong... You will be facilitating a mob war.... You will be the catalyst... You have played a big role and no one cares about what your intentions are.... It's not just about the home coming.... You helped Dean and involved Gianluca and Luigi in your mess of a plan too... You are playing with fire... The Irish and Italian crime families hate each other... You want to set them up in front of everyone on a peaceful night when no one can object... But the next morning, expect a war to knock on your door..."

Christian said "But if the plan goes right, there will be no war and Dean will get what he deserves, which is a girl he has loved for years..."

Archer said "Why do you care about Dean so much? Why risk so much for him?"

Christian said "Because, Dean and I have alot in common.... He loves an Italian and so do I.... No one in my camp objects because I am the only Kavanagh. They know if I dont get my girl and end up unmarried there is no Kavannagh line... My grandpa and his people know that I wont accept an arranged marriage...  My Grandpa even warned his people to be prepared for me to choose someone who may not be the Irish type... He knew I was a rebel and prepared his people for my announcement... I am lucky my grandfather is approving Gabriella... It helped she is a Bellagio... Gianluca has proved he is loyal to me... So I dont have problems that Dean has..."

Archer said "So you see yourself in Dean?"

Christian said "You could say that.... But there are other reasons... Dean is not like the rest of his family.... I think he will grow up to be a great leader and make changes to the traditions of prejudice in his family... You could say Dean is alot like you too Archer.... He is destined to make change to his family... I think you are not like the rest of Armstrong family... You will be the leader and I know you wont follow the path that your father and grandfather took..."

Archer said "Christian... You are talking strangely.... Your mother was an Armstrong... Why do you talk like my family is not your family any more... Somethings have changed... What are you not telling me?"

Christian looked into Archer's eyes and he only saw honesty.... He didnt think they told Archer about their role in his parents and his uncle dying. He didnt want to tell him either... Christian said "I dont think you have to worry about that... But I can tell you one thing... You are the only Armstrong I trust from now on... I do not trust anyone else in your family and I dont ever want to see them again... Maybe one day you will know why.... But there is no reason for you to know why something has changed.... Let's say there are dark secrets in the Armstrong family and I found one that relates to me..."

Archer nodded as he stared at Christian "I understand.... I know my family has dark secrets but I dont know them all... If it makes a difference I have no plan to follow my family's path...When I grow older, as soon as I get power, I will make changes.... I will make alliances rather than enemies.... And I will definitely show the respect to the Kavannaghs that they deserve..."

Christian smiled "There is plenty of time for that... I know you will be a force for change..."

Archer said "So... Where do we start? What am I meant to do right now?" But he had a bad feeling.

Christian smiled "You come to a dinner party with me.... Thats where the action begins..."

****

Archer was cursing Christian under his breath. There was a party at an Irish private club. All elite crime families who the Kavannaghs had relations with were there sitting on tables around a big room and the dance floor was packed. 

People knew Archer was an Armstrong and respected his family but that was where their connections ended. There were no business or personal connections between Armstrongs and anyone else there but Archer was accepted as an Irish from a wealthy family. Christian believed Archer was perfect for this job he was about to do because he was an outsider. Apparently Christian did not think anyone could do what he was about to do.

Archer watched as more young people started dancing and the grown ups were seated now as the music changed. Mostly the kids who went to Christian's school were dancing on the dance floor and it was not too busy there. This was the perfect opportunity as everyone's eyes were on him including Christian's who was holding a drink in his hand watching the scene from his seat on the Kavannagh table.

Archer walked slowly towards the dance floor and stood right next to where Dean and Sorcha were dancing. He cleared his throat. "Stop right there...." He said it too loud for everyone to hear. Everyone became quiet. 

Dean and Sorcha stopped dancing looking at him. Dean asked "You are Christian's cousin, Archer Armstrong.. Right?"

Archer said as loud as possible "Indeed and I am here to claim my woman...Give her back...."

Dean said "Your woman? Who is that?" He looked around genuinely confused.

Archer said "Dont play around... The woman you are dancing with.... I met her long before you did... Its an insult to my family if you dont walk away... Right now...." He then threw the first punch and Dean docked. 

Dean had a reputation to hold and when he saw the smirking form of Christian he knew it was his doing. He sighed and went along with it and threw a punch. The boys got into a fist fight and soon Armstrong and O'Brien guards had to separate them and held them apart. The entire room was hooked at what was happening.

Christian was loving this. Everything had gone according to plan. A room full of Irish. Two Irish claiming the same girl. This was the only way that Sorcha could be detached from Dean.

As Archer was being held back by his guards at the dance floor he said "You will not stop me... This is not honourable.... I loved her before you did..."

Dean stated "I dont know what's going on... Either way .... Sorcha can choose.... You need to speak with her family.... I have no objections to what she chooses..."

Archer took Sorcha's hand and Dean watched in astonishment that she didnt resist. What was going on?

Archer said "Sorcha chooses me.... If you dont object then your family and Sorcha's have yourself an Alliance with the Armstrongs when I become leader of my family business in the coming years."

Christian felt like pumping his fist in the air. Everyone was watching. The dance floor was empty and everyone was watching and listening in silence to the exchange. The word Alliance had thrown all arguments out of the window. Archer was the heir to his family. He had a messed up family but they had money and connections. No one could say no to this.

Sorcha could feel everyone's eyes on her including Archer and Dean. She already knew of the plan and had met Archer before. Archer was a true gentleman. They had played this scene may times and Sorcha had enjoyed it more than she should have. She did not mind holding Archer's hand as he led her to her family and the music resumed. She could not understand Archer at all. He was the first boy she did not hate. And apparently Archer had admitted she was not like other girls and he was willing to take her to the homecoming as his partner.

Shortly after the matters were resolved and families went back to sitting at tables or dancing, Dean went to Christian's table and sat next to him. He whispered "This has your name all over it.... What is wrong with you?"

Christian said "You are welcome for saving you from being betrothed to Sorcha McNab..."

Dean said "You are playing with fire... What about Sorcha?... This is humiliating..."

Christian said "No it's not humiliating actually. Its quite uplifting if you ask me... Look at your parents and Sorcha's... Do they look sad? ... The O'Brien's and McNabs have just formed a connection to the Armstrongs. Other families are envious. They keep asking me if I have any other cousins who is here?" Money and power do the talking in this room... Now you are free to choose Rose... One obstacle down..."

Dean said "This is madness.... What about Sorcha's feelings?"

Christian said "Does Sorcha look sad to you? Archer and Sorcha can bond. I knew they had alot in common."

Dean looked at Sorcha and Archer. He asked "I have no idea what deal they are striking. I admit I have never seen Sorcha like this... So calm and... happy. I dont know what to think any more......"

Christian said "Then dont think... Its not the time for thinking... Its now time for actions... Claim Rose..."

Dean looked at Christian and said "Christian... You cant play cupid and expect no consequences. This is the real world... Rose could get hurt... I told you there is no way I will drag her in this mess that I call "my life"..."

Christian said "So what is your plan then? Dont tell me you are just going to choose another girl who you dont love for the homecoming now that Sorcha is gone... I will match your name to Rose if you come to homecoming as a single person... Think about it...."

Dean said "You are mad... You are out of your mind.... You want me to be paired with Rose at the homecoming dance this weekend? Does Rose know?"

Christian said "She knows she will be paired with someone else since she is single too. Amerigo pulled out after his girl is recovering in hospital and is alive... So Dean, this is your chance.... You can take it or leave it.... Don't even think about missing the homecoming dance... You have to prove to your family that they can't force you to love someone just for the sake of forming connections in the business world.... You will live a miserable life if you miss this chance..."

Dean said "Why are you so fixed on the idea to set me up with Rose this weekend? Why do I get the urgency in your tone? What's so urgent? Even if for argument's sake I pursue Rose I will need to plan it... Bianchis are enemies with my family... Heads can roll if I dance with Rose at the homecoming..."

Christian said "I have set everything up and have prepared for different scenarios... The Irish side can be handled by the Kavannaghs. I have your back on the Irish side... I have planned what proposals and logic to give to your family to get off your back once you declare you love Rose.... Trust me on this..."

Dean asked "And the Italian side? Have you prepared for their disagreements or rather attacks? Have you lost your mind? they will send machine guns over if you pair me up with Rose this weekend..."

Christian said "The Italian side is covered too.... I have some Italian connections who will interfere... I normally wouldn't involve anyone especially the Italians in my business unless its necessary... Desperate times calls for desperate measures from the Italian side..."

Dean said "Christian... Why do you try so hard to help me?..."

Christian said "Because I can..."

Dean shook his head and sighed "Look... This is not your battle.... You have a perfect life... Why risk it all? What if everything goes wrong?... What's your motive to make life hard for yourself?"

Christian said "I told you I have back up... I haven't come to you with no plan and preparations... One thing I know is... I have been taught to take chances... And I believe in you Dean.... You saved Rose's life and you are a silent hero.... The truth is you deserve a chance with Rose."

Dean was not sure what to say back.

Christian said " If you want Rose this is your first and last chance... Believe me... How many chances in life will you get to be in the same room as Rose? Seize the opportunity or someone else might...Some battles are worth fighting for... If you don't fight for love, what will you fight for?"

Dean had no answer. None. 

******

Eden was at the Alessandrini mason. She had asked to see Luigi that day.  When she had arrived apparently no other Alessandrinis were home. Lena was at the house of Bellagio with Gabriella and Luigi's parents were away at someone's house. 

Eden walked slowly inside a room that the guards pointed her towards. Luigi was meant to be here. She looked around with wide eyes. This was one massive room. It was a weapons room of some kind. She saw Luigi in the far corner of the room. He seemed to be examining a gun in his hand. Her knee hit a chair that was on the way and as it fell, Luigi turned around sharply. His expression was serious and he seemed in business mode but as he saw Eden, his expression slightly softened "Eden... What are you doing here?"

Eden said "I had to find you... Are you ok?" The way he was handling guns there worried her. What was he up to.

Luigi said "I will be ... only when you accept to come with me on my family trip to Sicily..." He then looked away as he whispered "This gun doesn't have a long range. I need a longer range one..." He then picked up another gun. "Go back Eden unless you want to accompany me to Sicily as my girlfriend when the Alessandrinis make their way next week for the rare visit to Palermo..."

Eden said "Luigi... It just seems final... I will be your girlfriend but coming with you on this family trip is way too soon. I sent you a message and asked for us to get to know each other for a longer time before I take this step with you....It sure means something to you.... But I dont think its a good idea to rush.."

Luigi sighed and turned "Eden... I said I will wait for you but your answer was not ideal .... I want you out of harm's way. If you come with me to Sicily and I introduce you to my relatives and allies on both sides of my family, no one will dare question my commitment to you... They will see I mean business. No one will try to take you away from me... Its just a trip Eden... Why are you so resistant to the idea?..."

Eden said "I want to meet your family and friends of your family but not for the wrong reasons.... You just want to protect me..."

Luigi shrugged "Protecting you is a wrong reason to you but not to me... Just agree to come with me and I will be able to able to take you to homecoming with peace of mind knowing you will be joining me in my quest to secure our relationship...." He then put a gun in a case "Good... This will do for now..."

Eden sighed. "Luigi... Look at you... You are just a teenager. Yet you handle guns ....You want to protect me...  But you shouldn't need to....  Am I even worth all this trouble?"

Luigi said "Are yous serious?" Luigi walked towards Eden.  

Eden closed her eyes. Her thoughts came out without her meaning to open this discussion again. 

Luigi stood in front of Eden  "I think I have told you enough times that I cant imagine my future without you... You are part of my life and have to be part of my life in future... I need you Eden... I really do..."

Eden looked way "Luigi... Our relationship is not simple... You want to take me to Sicily... I cant do this to you.... There may be consequences for you... What if people dont like me? I dont want you to have to fight for me... I contacted my cousin Falco after you gave me that proposition or rather ultimatum.... I asked him for advice..."

Luigi sighed "So Falco scared you off. Is that it?"

Eden said "No.... He gave me a reality check... He told me that as an American I am likely not welcome in your family..."

Luigi said "I am seen as American too... I was born and raised here..."

Eden shook his head "You are not American to your family and relatives and associates... You are Italian... Are you prepared for the consequences of me coming with you?... If I am not approved by the patriarchs and matriarchs of the community you will be facing off with your family...."

Luigi said "Eden... Falco didnt need to scare you off like this... I will have a word with him..."

Eden asked "Would you rather he lies to me?"

Luigi said "Eden... The truth is, you dont trust me..."

Eden gasped "What? Thats not true..."

Luigi took a step towards Eden which made her take a step back instinctively. His eyes were intensely into hers as he said "No? Are you sure Eden? It is the truth.... You dont trust me...." He took another step towards Eden. 

Eden said as she took a step back "No... Thats not the truth..." She was confronted by his determination to get a straight answer out of her.

Luigi said "Really? Then prove it... Trust me... Stand by me..."

Eden said "Luigi... I cant... I am afraid..."

Luigi asked "Why not? You are afraid of what exactly? You either trust me or you dont... You have no other excuses to say no besides your lack of trust in me..."

Eden said in a whisper "I do trust you..."

Luigi snapped "Then why do you not let me prove to you that I can protect you and myself... I can protect us... Just trust me..."

Eden defended "I do trust you."

Luigi shook his head "Then stand by me...Believe in me... And believe in us... Is it too much to ask?"

Eden closed her eyes shut and opened them. She stared at Luigi "Listen... I do believe in you and I believe in us... I just... I just cant....  I just cant live with myself if anything happens to you Luigi... I just cant..." Her voice became emotional. She leaned close to Luigi "I keep thinking something bad will happen to you when you introduce me to your family in Sicily... Falco told me about what has happened to some other couples... And how Itally is not America.... I know you can protect me there and I know you will do it even if it means losing your life... I cant lose you..."

Luigi was taken back "Eden... I..."

Eden said "You are everything I have been searching for in a man... And I feel like your existence is too good to be true... You have given me so much in this relationship... And I dont want to take any more from you in our relationship..."

Luigi reached his hand to Eden's hand and said "Eden... You only have taken one thing from me in this relationship... " He then put his hand on his chest..." And thats my heart... My heart belongs to you..."

The way Luigi said those words, made Eden give into emotions she never thought she could. She had vowed to take it slow with Luigi from now on in the relationship but his sincere words cut her loose from her inhibitions. She leaned closer and attached her lips to his. Luigi was shocked. So she did trust him. The kiss meant so much to Luigi. He was cherishing every second. 

Eden broke away from the kiss. "I dont know what came over me... Is it enough proof to you that I trust you?"

Luigi was staring at Eden not wanting to ruin the moment. This was a beautiful moment. He said softly "Eden.... I am sorry if I am pushing you... I just want you to be safe and happy.... I live to make you happy..."

Eden whispered "I know... I live to make you happy too... If accompanying you is what makes you happy I will do it... But promise me you will keep me safe and most importantly keep yourself safe too... You must keep both of us safe.... I mean it...."

Luigi said "You have my word..."

Eden smiled and kissed his lips again. 

****

Lena was at the house of Bellagio. She had spent the day with Gabriela and was now walking through the beautiful gardens at the Bellagio mansion at night. The Bellagios had guests and she wanted to make herself scarce for a while. 

Suddenly she heard footsteps near her on the stone pavements of the gardens. She turned and came face to face with Salvatorio. She gulped. His eyes were hardened. He was staring at her like he was mad at her. 

Lena said politely "Hi Salvatorio.... I didnt know you were visiting the Bellagios tonight..." 

Salvatorio said "Neither did I... I didnt know you were visiting the Bellagios... Your family's name wasn't on the guest list I saw for tonight's gathering here... But I am glad I did come tonight..."

Lena said quickly "Its nice to see you... I should return to the mansion..." Her instinct was telling her to run. His tone was not friendly. It was not happy. It was even threatening to an extent.

Salvatorio said"You are in such a rush to leave Lena... Let's talk..."

Salvatorio did not ask. He demanded. Salvatorio ordered her to speak to him. Lena said "Talk? About what? Maybe later..." She started to walk away. 

Salvatorio blocked her path making Lena freeze. Lena would not have minded talking to him in a normal situation. But he seemed livid and she could see a dangerous glint in his eyes that made her fearful. She felt strange. Why did she feel so unsafe suddenly? She didn't know. He was always a gentleman to her all those years ago. What was bothering him to treat her so coldly and business like. 

Salvatorio said "We should talk about you..."

Lena said "Me?" She felt intimidated.

Salvatrio nodded "Yes. Let's talk about your boyfriend. I heard you are going to Sicily with Gianluca as his girlfriend ... Is it true? I need to hear it from you... The Alessandrinis and Bellagios are visiting... Its an important visit and you have accepted to join the Bellagios in this trip and not the Alessandrinis..."

Lena nodded weakly. His voice seemed angry. She replied nervously "It is true... Gianluca is my boyfriend ... It is official... It has been official for a long time.... I dont know why we are talking about this...."

Salvatorio said as he narrowed his eyes "Really Lena?" He took a step towards her and Lena was too shocked to move "You dont know?..."

Lena shook her head and whispered "No..." She felt afraid of Salvatorio and she felt in danger. Could she run now? She wasn't sure if she could outrun him if she tried.

Salvatorio snapped "How could you Lena? How could you? I love you Lena... How could you ignore my existence and accept him?"

Lena gasped. She shook her head in disbelief. Salvatorio had honour. Why couldn't he accept she loved Gianluca and not him.

Salvatorio stated harshly "I cant believe you chose him over me... I always loved you... You chose Gianluca. I didn't think it hurt so much until now... But it does...  Your betrayal hurts so much more when I know you are going to be introduced to his family officially and soon an engagement will follow I bet. You are getting closer to the age you can get engaged. And this is what you have chosen.... You have chosen to become a Bellagio it seems... It sounds final... You have chosen wrong..."

Lena was frozen as his words were sinking in. He was not getting over loving her even though she was with Gianluca.  She expected that. But the look in his eyes and his tone was threatening. He had not taken rejection well. This was raising her fear. How far was he willing to go?

Salvatorio said "I love you.... You are mine Lena... Not his... And he took you away... And you let him... How could you?"

Lena felt like defending her relationship  in her shocked state "I let him take me because I do love him and I dont love you..." As she said the words she regretted it and gulped. His eyes seemed so scary.

Salvatorio said in a low tone "Do you want to repeat that? You dare look into my eyes and declare your love for him and reject me like this.... You havent even given me a chance... I met you years back before he put his claim on you... You have betrayed me...."

His eyes were burning with rage. Lena looked away hoping a way out could appear. She could not win any battle with him in his rageful state. She had angered him beyond belief. 

Salvatorio snapped "Look at me Lena..."

Lena jumped and looked up at Salvatorio who spoke words that brought chills down her spine "I will kill him... I will kill Gianluca and will make you watch... I promise you.... As long as I live he will never be safe... Ever..." He then turned and walked away. 

Lena felt numb and weak... She sat on the floor. She whispered "I thought you had honour..."

Salvatorio turned sharply as he stopped walking. He looked at Lena and said with a deadly look in his eyes "I have honour. I fight fair... Its my right to fight for my woman..."

Lena shook her head "I am not your woman... I have Gianluca..."

Salvatorio said " You are not my woman.... But I will make you my woman after I kill Gianluca..."

Lena closed her eyes shut and heard his footsteps walking away. 

Lena opened her eyes and thought her tearful eyes she made out figures getting closer. A group of boys.... including Ginaluca..."

Lena gasped. This was the worst timing. 

Gianluca looked at Lena on the floor and Salvatorio walking away from the scene. He growled in an accusing tone. 

Lena's vision was blurry slightly and as she wiped her eyes. She saw Gianluca walking up to Salvatorio "Why is she crying? What did you do?"

Salvatorio turned to Gianluca "I was telling her how I will kill you and make her watch. She is mine..."

Lena screamed as she watched Gianluca and Salvatorio attacking each other and the group of boys trying to separate them. 

Lena noticed Gabriella and group of girls approaching her. Gabriela  said  "Are you okay?...."

Lena was looking worriedly at the fight and the group of boys separating Gianluca and Salvatorio.

The group of boys had managed to stop the Salvatorio and Gianluca attacking each other. Salvatorio and Gianluca were restrained by the two group of boys and were shouting insults at each other as they were trying to break free and throw punches.

Gianluca said "You made Lena cry. How dare you? Who do you think you are?"

Salvatorio defended "I didn't mean for that to happen. I dont want to see her cry either... It just happened. I am sorry I made her cry..."

Gianluca said "Let me shove your apology down your throat..." He then struggled to go and punch Salvatorio.

One of the boys who was one of the high profile guests that day said "Gianluca. Stop. He apologised. Let it go..."

Gianluca stopped and objected "Let it go? He threatened me in front of my girlfriend and made her cry deliberately..."

Another boy said "Gianluca.... I think you have the right to floor him but not now... This gathering is peaceful. He must pay for making Lena cry...."

Salvatorio shook his head "I didn't make her cry deliberately.... I didn't know she cared for this joker here so much..."

Gianluca shouted "Who are you calling joker?"

Gabriella sighed as she was looking at the boys with Lena and a group of girls "Let's get out of here Lean. This is matter between Gianluca and Salvatorio. We should go... They will be fine..." She was trying to get Lena away from there.

Lena said urgently"What if Gianluca gets hurt? How can you be relaxed Gabriella?" She was watching the scenes helplessly as the arguments were getting serious.

Gabriella said "Gianluca can handle it... And.... You are worth it Lena... When two boys love the same girl in our world, these fights happen... Its only natural... Marcello loves me... And Christian will fight him for me... Nothing I say and do will make a difference... I have learnt to accept it..."

Lena said "Fighting is not the answer...."

Gabriella nodded "I know... Let's go... Your presence cant help the situation..."  Lena agreed with Gabriella on that so she let Gabriella lead her away as she could hear shouting between Gianluca and Salvatorio.  

Lena whispered "I want it to end..."

Gabriella said "It will end when they end it. Dont worry... They will stop... They cant do much... There is a party here... So for the sake of the gathering they will stop." 

Lena said "I know Gabriella... But we both know Salvatorio wont stop... He said he wouldn't... Nothing will stop him..."

Gabriella said "I guess you are right... This is not over even if they stop fighting tonight... It will not be over until one side concedes... But you are wrong on one thing... My brother will stop him... Have faith in him..."

Lena touched her heart instinctively. She breathed "Always..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.5K 1.7K 30
I catch his attention one night. This dangerous, intimidating man with a crime family to run. His obsession spreads like fire. Unfortunately fire doe...
526K 10.9K 44
The D'Martini family especially D'Martini brothers are feared and respected by everyone across New York City. But what all of them don't know is the...
3.3M 85.2K 44
Jessica. An 18 year old girl living at home in order to take care of her little sister. In the day and age that jessica lives in, America is run by t...
697K 16.7K 63
(MATURE CONTENT/MAFIA ROMANCE) #Series2 Previously known as Playful sins This is a second book to a three part series, you do not have to read the f...