Rivannah

By BlackCoffeeAndRoses

Born in a royal family and revered by all, Rivannah Rathore is the 19 year old Princess of Bhawanigarh, who... More

Cast 🎬
Duties and Destiny
Bravery and Battles
Stumbles and Surprises
An Apathetic Alliance
Humility and Hiraeth
Secrets and Sonder
Rame and Clashes
Enigma and Ethereal
Vikram and Abhimanyu
Anger and Schemes
Trust and Friendship
Kindred and Evil
Guilt and Grief
Storms and Hurricanes
Riva and Vikram
Envy and Honour
Need and Care
Red and Rapture
Goa Diaries Part I
Goa Diaries Part II
Goa Diaries Part III
Goa Diaries Part IV
Goa Diaries Part V
Hope and Agony
Lies and Love
Birthday and Betrayal
Marriage and Mayhem
AbhiRiva Part I
AbhiRiva Part II

Young and Reckless

30 3 3
By BlackCoffeeAndRoses

" It's an incredibly selfish and unreasonable desire." Vikram said unsurely, " But sometimes I just envy my friends. They can be whoever they want, free from traditions and rules. Me? I always have to be the arrogant, indifferent and regal Crown Prince. I have to stand behind my father as his successor even though I loathe him for what he did to Mom.  Any love or respect I felt for him is long dead."

Riva bowed her head in deep thought. 

Her love and devotion for her father had been unconditional and irrevocable, until she saw Madhopur and the misery of its villagers. But her kind, righteous and affectionate father had such done horrendous deeds for his own hunger for power. She wanted to talk to him desperately and demand the reasons for his immoral actions.

" Shouldn't we love our parents despite of their faults." she muttered to herself, " It's our duty to bear the burden of their sins and help them get onto the right path. If my father does something unforgivable, I won't give up on him. His foibles, misdoings and weaknesses are mine to amend. I won't cease my efforts until I've done everything in my power to absolve his crimes."

Vikram suddenly felt like a coward in front of her. It was much easier to blame his parents and Gitanjali. He never thought of rectifying his father's mistakes.His mother's departure broke his heart into pieces, Gitanjali's presence disgusted him and his father's behaviour infuriated him, but consumed by anger and vanity, he never confronted those problems.

The young girl in front of him was different.She had the strength to bear her father's pains. Sheer determination swirled in her eyes. Her words were firm and indomitable, like the unyielding vows his noble ancestors were famous for.Ancient valour and nobility oozed out of her very bones.

"Just who are you?" 

Riva realised she had spoken too much. An ordinary girl of middle-class background wouldn't empathise with a regal Prince.She cleared her throat awkwardly and looked away. Her breath hitched when Vikram raised her chin and made her face him. His touch was gentle and feather-like.

" Answer me." he urged, wrapping his palms around her wrist.

 Her heartbeat quickened at the proximity between them.His minty breath fanned her burning face.She shuddered at the intensity of his gaze.

" I'm just another girl.There's nothing special about me. I'm sorry if I spoke too much and overstepped my boundaries. Hardly anything I said is relevant to you. We live in completely different worlds." She tried to reason.

" Why don't I feel that way, Riva?" He said huskily.

Vikram cupped her warm cheeks in large palms.Her skin was soft and pale like pure white roses. Her plump red lips parted in surprise, thick eyelashes fluttering against alarmed greenish-brown eyes.She kept a hesitant hand on his chest as if to push him away, but she couldn't muster the strength.

The forest surrounding them was quiet and still.Red glows from the setting sun danced on his skin.His coffee-coloured eyes had her transfixed, unable to think logically or protest. His gaze dropped to her lips. She gasped helplessly and watched his dark head bent slowly, his lips barely inches away from hers.

 A sliver of rationale seemed into her foggy brain. Riva turned just when they were about to touch, his lips falling upon her jaw instead.

The tiny peck made her shiver uncontrollably and jerk away from him. He was astounded, stunned and his hands fell onto his sides. 

Riva's feet wobbled unsteadily as she stood up. She shuddered at the thought of his soft lips on her skin. Had she not moved at the right moment...she exhaled sharply. Without sparing him a glance, she ran away into the safety of the small, dilapidated clinic.

                                                                                                     *

" What's wrong with you, Vikram?" Rajmata Nayantara screeched, " Have you forgotten how precious you are! How did you end up in that shack near Madhopur? Don't you know that place is dangerous to us? Had Kadam Singh not found you... who knows what would have happened!"

Her livid words didn't affect the young Prince. He sat on lazily on the armchair, bracing his head with a forearm, eyes deep in thought.He could still feel the softness of her skin on his fingers and lips. The innocent gasp echoed in his ears. The hazel eyes gleaming with innocence and surprise haunted him.

It had been hours since his grandmother's subordinate had rescued him from the primary health centre. His friends had been escorted by another car to the safety of their homes. Yet she had possessed his mind completely, refusing to leave him alone.

" I tolerated your wish to have no guards. I support all your decisions and choices." she continued bitterly, " But I won't allow such recklessness and naivety. Today will never be repeated again. You are the future Maharaja of Prathampura, the master of this Palace and its immense estates, the successor of Digvijay's political legacy! Are you even listening to me?!"

" Yes, I am." Vikram mumbled distractedly, " I will be careful, Dadi-sa."

" What were you thinking?" She implored him.

" I don't know." he sighed, thinking of the almost kiss, " I think I have lost my sanity."

" Well, find it again!" Rajmata Nayantara huffed," I will stop those college friends if they are hinderances to your duties. Once you've tasted the power you are destined for, they will be inconsequential and unimportant anyway.An effortless and smooth path is laid front of you, Vikram. It took me great pains and sacrifices to remove all the obstacles and bumps that could have come in your way." her eyes flashed dangerously," And I will not let anyone including yourself, make my efforts in vain."

Her eyes flashed dangerously, venom seeping into her voice. She glared at a hesitant attendant standing at the door of her room. The poor attendant bowed her head and said hurriedly, "Rajmata, Princess Soha and Mr. Nikhil haven't arrived home."

" I don't care what they're up to." she said dismissively, " It's well past midnight, if they wanted to come home, they would've already. Close the doors."

" I'm sure they'll be here tomorrow." Vikram said slyly.

                                                                                                *

Aditi had woken up late in the morning. Her muscles ached due to the exhaustion.She saw Riva's room shut close and knocked a few times. The Princess had been quiet and listless the moment they were escorted home. She locked herself in her room and refused to speak, leaving Aditi alone to answer her mother's probing questions.

Getting no answer, she went downstairs, only to find Ambika missing. It was a Sunday, so her mother must have gone to the temple to seek blessings. She lazily sprawled on the sofa and fiddled with the TV until a news channel blared.

" Breaking news! Live from the royal family of Prathampura.The nephew of politician Digvijay Singh Rajawat married a local woman and left her the next day.Apparently the nephew fell in love with Kalawati and promptly married her in her village Madhopur, using his influence to pressurise her parents. The very next day, he left the new bride and went back to his home, refusing to acknowledge her!

On your screen, we have displayed exclusive photographs of the wedding.Even Princess Soha can be seen in the audience.The poor woman and her family members rushed to the Palace, seeking justice from Rajmata Nayantara. Will the unruliness and cruelty of the nephew be unpunished? Or the poor Kalawati will get her rights back? Stay tuned to our channel for live updates!"

Aditi nearly choked on her tea.Madhopur thugs were vicious and difficult to deal with. She shuddered at the thought of Shaurya being taken as the forced groom. His life would have been over.

" Here you are! Not only you wake up late, but you're also wasting time watching the TV! Has your college finished already?" Ambika said unhappily, entering the small living room," Or there is nothing to do in the house that you're idle?"

" You should be more worried about Riva." Aditi shrugged, " She can't be locked inside forever."

" Oh, don't worry about her. She's not an irresponsible brat. She woke up earlier  and accompanied me to the temple. She prayed for an hour without moving an inch, for her father's better health.I have never seen such devotion before."

"Riva went to the temple?" Aditi's jaw dropped.She peered behind her mother at the 'devoted' Princess who was arranging the flowers on the small wooden mandir that was affixed to the wall.She remembered the weird questions Riva asked her yesterday. She must be trying to seek forgiveness for her father and his misdeeds at Madhopur.

" I knew my efforts wouldn't go in vain." Ambika sniffled, before pausing, " The news is already on TV channels? Everyone is talking about it, even in the temple.I heard that Rajmata has admitted her into their Palace."

" But the groom was forced." Aditi said naively, " I told you the whole story yesterday, didn't I? Why should that nephew honour a sham marriage?"

" Don't be silly." Ambika chided, " Marriage is a sacred thing. Once two people's destinies are tied together, there is no going back."

                                                               *

Vikram sauntered through the crowded hallways of the college. He ignored the obtrusive gazes of people on his back. Kalawati and her parents caused a ruckus by calling the media.His father was livid at his political image being tarnished. Rajmata Nayantara forced Nikhil to accept his bride, despite Soha and Gitanjali's fervent protests. No one knew that he or his friends were involved.

Riva wasn't at her usual haunts-the shady trees in front of her department. He tried the library next and smirked when he found her amidst the book laden shelves. Despite her medium stature, she struggled to grab a book kept on the top. Vikram took the book with ease and she turned in surprise, her greenish-brown eyes alarmed.

" May I know why you've been avoiding me?" Vikram wondered, placing his palm on the shelf, so she was caged and had no where to go.

" You're mistaken. I did no such thing." Riva replied with mock calm.

" So it's fine if I kiss you again?" Vikram teased her, lowering his head," This time, I won't miss."

" You didn't mean it." Riva grumbled, " We were running away from those dacoits. They were going to kill us. A lot of hormones swimming around in our blood. It's just an irrational response expected from young people in that kind of situation."

"The first time I saw you, a quiet curiosity was planted in my mind. It was only a matter of time before you sunk into my bones and soul. I have never felt such kindred with anyone before. Maybe to you, we were running from death, but me? I have only felt alive in those few moments when I poured my heart to you."

Riva looked at him uncertainly. Her heart was pounding against her chest, the familiar warmth tinted her skin. His dark eyes were glittering with unrestrained affection. They seemed to be peering into her frightened soul, coaxing her to believe him.

" You barely know me. What if my true colours aren't to your liking?"

" I don't care about your identity. There's no colour of you that I don't adore." he whispered, "You must know that my actions were not products of impulse or accident. I have liked you long enough to know that what I feel now is more. I am afraid to say the word. I don't want you to run away like you did after the kiss."

" It wasn't a kiss." she mumbled, her defences slipping away.

" Oh, it wasn't." Vikram chuckled huskily, raising her chin," This is."

His lips crashed into her soft ones. A small gasp left her when he pulled away for a moment, before devouring her again.His palm cradled her bare neck as their forehead touched. He tasted like mint and peace.Every notion of right and wrong was discarded in her mind.She was tired of fighting things. 

She wrapped her arms around his neck. He groaned as she tugged on his soft, dark hair. His palms wrapped around her dainty waist, pinning her against the shelf.They panted when the kiss broke, hungrily gasping for air. 

And that is how she lost her first kiss.

I know, I know. This isn't the kiss you guys were hoping for. But there has to be some spice in this love triangle. What happens when Riva gets to know that Rajawat family hired BlueFreddie? Is there more to story than plain revenge?

Are you team Abhimanyu or team Vikram?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.1M 669K 97
Rudra was my love and so was I for him until I came to know that everything was just a game. Emotions and blood have that sacred bond that the thick...
261K 14K 80
Rudraksh Singh Rathore (age-25) The hukum of Rajasthan, and the CEO of the Rathore empire that is a billion dollar company ,Drop dead gorgeous , girl...
1M 53.9K 43
Complicated ! This is what describes the Rathore Royal Family and their Relationships ! And to make The matters worse The three Rathore Brothers are...
2.9M 149K 51
A hearty "Padharo Mhare Des!" to all you wonderful readers, Meet our protagonist, Ruhaan Singh Rajvansh, our dashing Raana sa with a heart that echoe...