haruka's girlfriend | denji x...

By sleepy-fics

⛓️☁️𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘬𝘪𝘴𝘴 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶. 𝘐𝘯 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘪𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘮𝘰�... More

disclaimer
1| tsunami warning
2 | train wreck
3 | tension
4 | can i call you tonight
5 | the kiss
6 | return to haruka
7 | your betrayal
8 | hospitalized
9 | cheater cheater pumpkin eater
10 | breakup
11 | back together
12 | change your mind
13 | happiness
14 | remorse, kiss me
15 | join my cult, my love
16 | best cult forever
17 | hurts so good
18 | take me back
19 | whatever barem commands
20 | public displays of affection
21 | wine and dine
22 | betrayal ruined his steak
23 | humanity
24 | Who.
25 | roof roof roof!
27 | shes mine now, isnt she?
28 | lively home
29 | finally a family again
30 | gamer girl
Story Notes + Ending Rough Draft

26 | when i become you

131 10 7
By sleepy-fics

oh my goodness, I dreamt that I wrote this chapter and I went this entire week thinking everyone must've hated the chapter bc I got 0 notifications 😭😭😭😭. I am so so sorry

Lol!! Here's ur chapter

-

The sharp feeling of cold air hit against Denji's body as he stepped out of the bathroom. His shower was hot, piping almost, as the condensation suffocated the room. He hadn't noticed the feeling of it. His brain tuned it all out. All he could think of was the new teoubkr that was Haruka and Y/n.

The last time this happened, Asa forgot all about him.

Did that mean, y/n would forget all about today?

His frown was prominent as he stepped into the living room, his hand leaning against the doorway. The lights were off, as the loud television treated a blue bright glow in the room. His eyes caught onto his girlfriend, sweet (Y/n), as she lay in Nayuta's lap. And then Nayuta herself, as she gawked at the television.

Haruka was lying on the floor, right next to Nayuta's feet. The dogs gathered all around the three of them.

Denji fixed a sigh, cautiously stepping towards the couch.

"Denji, can you pass me an ice cream?" Nayuta hummed, not sparing a glance.

Denji crossed hissed arms, shaking his head. "No. You have to tur--"

(Y/n) launched out of Nayuta's lap, throwing her head straight into Denji's chest. "Meow!" She chirped.

The boy giggled and cupped her head, kissing her forehead sweetly. "(Y/n)!" He chimed, giddy joy bubbling in his chest. A booming growl resonated from the floor as Haruka sat up on his palms.

"No! Bad boy." Nayuta wagged a finger at him. He quietly shrunk back, and Denji snarled angrily. "Oh hey, look Denji! This guy does tricks." Nayuta leaned forward off the edge of the couch, looming a finger in Haruka's face.

"Spin." She chimed and twirled her finger. To much surpise, Haruka shifted around on his butt and spun like an idiotic mutt. Denji snorted grievously, slapping a hand on his mouth. "Paw." Nayuta held her hand out, and hand dropped his fists into her palm. "Good boy. Now roll over!" She said.

Haruka flopped back onto his back, his hands limp wristed. He rolled about with a bark and chime, a joyful gleam in his green eyes. It was humiliating how his tongue hung out his mouth, how his knees bent to his chest. Nayuta fell next to him, patting his stomach excitedly. "Good boy, Haruka! You're so good!" Nayuta gasped.

Denji burst out laughing, tearing pricking at the corner of his eyes.

"Stop it, Denji. He's actually very obedient! He's better than Crémé!" She pouted.

"Woof woof!" Haruka chimed, his face twisting up vulnerably.

"Look at him!" Denji giggled. "I wish I had a camera."

"Don't listen to him, Haruka. You keep being a good boy." Nayuta cupped his cheeks.

"Wait, hey - don't distract me. We have to turn them back. You said you'd do it after I take a shower." Denji scratched (y/n)'s head, propping his free hand against his hips.

"Yeah, yeah... Get me an ice cream first." She plopped back onto the couch, crossing her arms.

"Meow." (Y/n) sang.

"That's not what you promised, Nayuta." Denji's eyebrows pierced.

"I'll do it - I'll do it. After an ice cream break." She smiled.

"Grr..." Denji turned into the kitchen, fishing through the freezer. He grabbed a packaged ice cream, stomping his way back to Nayuta. "Here." He passed it to her.

Happily, Nayuta ripped the plastic off and began to lick it. "So," She mumbled, turning to Denji on the couch, "Who's this guy?" She asked.

"(Y/n)'s old boyfriend." Denji sat down with his legs crossed, his body facing Nayuta as he crossed his arms. It wasn't any long before (Y/n) crawled into his lap. She bundled herself up, laying her head against his knee and trying to shove as much as her body on him, her legs dangling forward towards Nayuta. As stupid as it was, it was cute watching her try to loaf in his lap. His hands stroked down her back with a giggle.

"They were dating... Then (Y/n) and I started liking each other... Uh... She broke up with him for me, and now he's on our floor." Denji said, his eyes trailing back to Haruka. He now was crawling around, chasing after the doggies.

"Ooh." Nayuta hummed. "Isn't he that guy on TV? About the Chainsaw Man Church." Nayuta leaned back, propping her legs onto of (Y/n)'s.

"Yeah. They want me to join. But after this prick showed up here, I don't think I ever could! That means I'll see him every day." Denji rolled his eyes.

"Yeah..." Nayuta sighed. "What about the fake Chainsaw Man... If you join, you'll have your own arm to control! We can eat pizza every day.... And you'd never have to work. You can just stay home with me." She smiled, innocent excitement in her eyes.

Denji cracked a bashful grin, his eyes softening their gaze.

"You get to be the real Chainsaw Man again." She gasped.

His smile faded a bit as he looked down to (Y/n). "Can't." He whispered, His fingers stroking along her face.

"Prrr..." (Y/n) purred. He chuckled softly.

"Why not?" Nayuta said, her ice cream almost done.

"Uhh... I don't know." He mumbled. "I uh... I really want to be Chainsaw Man." No matter how he tried to lie, the words buttered off before he could think of it.

"Yeah?" Nayuta's eyes dawned on her brother, her lips folding around the wooden ice cream stick. She couldn't help but sigh. She stood with a serious grumble. "I finished. You know the deal. They forget about this all, they go home."  She walked over to the front door and threw it open.

Just as it was impossible to lie, it was impossible for Denji to hide the painful frown that took his face. It was hard for him to let go of (Y/n), too. She was so cute as a cat. He watched Nayuta snap her fingers, and the two stood up mindlessly. Reality had set in, and Denji's face went blank. "How much will they forget." His tone was flat with disappointment, grief.

Nayuta's eyes softened.
She opened her lips, but the words wouldn't come out. "How much do you want them to?" She asked. It was abnormal, abnormal, the way her pity morphed into grief for Denji. She watched as he perked up a little, a grin on his lips.

"I can choose?" He gasped, rushing to the door.

"Only this time." She giggled.

"I want (Y/n) to remember up until she went to Haruka's house! That way, he won't come back here, and she can tell him tomorrow... No. We'll tell him tomorrow, together." He cheered, a fond smile dotting across his face. The idea of perfect, it was beautiful. She wouldn't forget this night, she wouldn't forget how she promised herself to him.

She wouldn't forget her resolve, her faith. He could imagine how sweet tomorrow would be. How, after class, he'll run into (Y/n), and they'll tell Haruka everything. But this time it'll be different. It's different because he'll be right there with her.

"Okay, okay... Enough lovey dovey gross stuff." Nayuta harked. "Alright, you two, you heard the man. Go home and forget!" Nayuta pointed at the door. Mindlessly, the pair walked straight out.

Nayuta shut the door right after them, and the hope for tomorrow was beautiful. Giddily, he cupped his cheeks, his mouth hanging open, flashing his pointy teeth to the world. They'll be official tomorrow. The whole school's gonna know that (Y/n) (L/n) is his! He hopped excitedly, tossing his fists into the air.

He'll have to call (y/n) to make sure she gets home safe.

"Denji! Come watch with me." Nayuta whined.

Maybe he'll do it after some TV.

***

He couldn't believe it. How could Barem say that to him? How could he willingly allow his girlfriend to date some nobody? Let her sleep with Denji? His teeth grit, his fists clenching.

Haruka was lying on his bed, his dark room ebbing in the small, bluish glow from the midnight sky. When he got home, that was the only thing he could think about as he tossed and turned. He could sleep. He knew his eyebags would show up tomorrow.

With a sigh, he ran his fingers through his hair.

He hated Denji so much. He hated him ever since Hikari told him about that day in Karaoke.

How Denji tried to kiss her.
Or.
How she tried to kiss him.
Haruka bit his lip hard, his hands anxiously beginning to shake. He knew her, his (Y/n). So he lied to himself.
There was no way (Y/n) could ever...

No.
She'd never.

His hands fell to his face, his heart erupting in his chest.

She wouldn't.

His phone began to ring, the classic tune brimming thrihgh the room. With a grunt, he reached and flopped his phone open, holding it to his ear.

"H-"
"(Y/n), did you get home safe?"

Haruka's eyes shot wide open.

This was Denji's voice - this was (Y/n)'s phone.

He sat up in the bed, his hand cupping his mouth.

"Sorry, you're probably all cute and sleepy..." Denji's voice was breathy, groggy. It was whispering tenderly, and the spund made the reality feel mlre disgusting to him. "
Listen, I just wanted to say how happy I was about tonight. I... It might be too early to say this, but... I-I love you. I really do, (Y/n)."

Haruka pulled the phone away from his ears, quiet as the doom set in hus mind.

"(Y/n)?--" Harukw hung up immediately.

There was a reason, and there had to be a reason.

(Y/n).

The phone was opened on their chat history, and as such , they wanted to keep his girlfriend's privacy to trust her fully just as he did time and time again-- his fear overcame his trust. All was dead slient in him as he scrolled through the messages, the dates, the times, what they said.

The flirting, the skirting.

All of it started a few weeks ago.

The days after that big flood.
The flood she said she met a classmate on.

(Y/n) (L/n) was cheating on him.
He didn't understand. What was it that made him so unlikable to her? What was so bad of him that she'd seek another man? He'd change- he'd fix himself if she just told him. Why did she do this?

He needed to know why.

His eyes narrowed. He placed the phone down and found his real one and combed through the contacts. He called a number, and the person picked up.

There was only one way to know why.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

267K 7K 60
Something twisted and sinister is brewing under her perfect emotionless disguise. Clawing and tearing on her mask as it breaks apart piece by piece...
3.7K 122 10
Hayakawa (Y/n) is the twin sister of Hayakawa Aki, but ever since that day when the Gun Devil attacked, they were seperated, not even knowing if eith...
179K 5.8K 41
Power X Male Reader. The flames poured into his soul, fusing themselves, grasping into the only thing that could give them comfort and warmth, dancin...
7.1K 401 12
Power x Male Reader. Second part of "Ardent Hope: Chainsaw Man x Male Reader Insert." There was such thing as a dream? Or perhaps was he just relivin...